Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

In what world do Oreos, coffeecake and chips go together as a meal? 

I guess a "mock" Christmas does not include a real meal.  Just a few snacks and a lot of posing for Jill's photos.  And some dollar store "gifts".  No wonder she is "weary to the bone".  It takes a lot of energy to buy those snacks.

5 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 10
12 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Well, we have a picture of Nemo not looking terrified, but no one bothered to clean his runny nose before the shot. Sounds about right.

I think that's the first picture I have seen of Newmie looking 

Edited by farmgal4
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Well, we have a picture of Nemo not looking terrified, but no one bothered to clean his runny nose before the shot. Sounds about right.

I think that's the first picture I have seen of Newmie 

NM

7 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

In JILL’S world.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

When you're a member of the local Amish groups in Jill's area who's looking to get sloshed after her Christmas party?  I truly believe this woman has the power to make anyone drink.

• LOL 12

Anyone know the name of the resort? I stayed at one in 99 or so and there was very little in the area at the time. My cousin's husband knew the owners or managers and we got a great deal. 

Jill is also going to need a passport. 

I found the name. 

Edited by libgirl2
On 12/3/2023 at 9:39 AM, oliviabenson said:

It was definitely the meal for everyone but Jill/Dave. Those 2 probably went out to eat later.

I'm not sure how anyone could have eaten that combination of foods without vomiting.

We start with maybe 2 sleeves of store brand Ritz and bean dip. next what appears to maybe be fudge, then a dozen shrimp thrown in a bowl and way too much cocktail sauce, a bowl of mixed nuts, the chips, Dill Pickle and Clili Lime, the 2 danishes, the oreos and the sparkling juice. 🤮

I have had a stomach bug all weekend and just typing that makes me queasy.

Screenshot (533).png

Screenshot (532).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 10
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

P.S. - I know she does this to feel superior.  But all it does is make her look like a hypocrite.  Based on her stance against alcohol, she should never step foot in another Olive Garden for the rest of her life as well.

I did some zooming and I can see that a lot of the stuff came from Ross.  She bought Red Door perfume for Kaylee.  I remember Red Door.  It is a powerhouse perfume from the late 80's, a scent that enters a room before its wearer and stays long after the wearer has left...exactly what I would expect Jill to both wear and choose for her daughter.

(also P.S. - nothing against the powerhouse 80's scents.  I used to bathe in  Giorgio and Poison back in the day, but that day was approx. 1988 - 1992).

I'm sure the employees at the good OG would be thrilled if they never came back. 

I used to use Red Door too, maybe early 90s! And yea, you knew when someone had it on! I also used "Red" by Giorgio Beverly Hills. I think Red Door was a knock off of it or vice versa. I wonder how marked down the perfume was? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure the employees at the good OG would be thrilled if they never came back. 

I used to use Red Door too, maybe early 90s! And yea, you knew when someone had it on! I also used "Red" by Giorgio Beverly Hills. I think Red Door was a knock off of it or vice versa. I wonder how marked down the perfume was? 

I, too, remember Giorgio! 😆

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I'm not sure how anyone could have eaten that combination of foods without vomiting.

It certainly was quite the spread.

Hope you’re feeling better soon. No more food posts for you!

• Like 4

Macy's is still selling Red Door.  A 1.7oz bottle is $66.  My mom will be 71 early next year, and Red Door was her signature scent in the late 80s/early 90s.  I would get so excited when she would let me "borrow" it if we were going somewhere special, which was usually her company Christmas party.  I have to admit, over the past few years, I've become a perfume snob.  I have my spring/summer option, a fall/winter option, and 2 that can be worn anytime.  

PS-if you're looking for perfumes, check out fragrance.com.  They're legit scents at a lower price point.  I've purchased from them twice and have been very happy.

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Macy's is still selling Red Door.  A 1.7oz bottle is $66.  My mom will be 71 early next year, and Red Door was her signature scent in the late 80s/early 90s.  I would get so excited when she would let me "borrow" it if we were going somewhere special, which was usually her company Christmas party.  I have to admit, over the past few years, I've become a perfume snob.  I have my spring/summer option, a fall/winter option, and 2 that can be worn anytime.  

PS-if you're looking for perfumes, check out fragrance.com.  They're legit scents at a lower price point.  I've purchased from them twice and have been very happy.

I use to buy perfume at sentiments but they changed and the prices went up. I usually just buy from Amazon or in store. 

How nice Nathan got to buy them another meal before they left town.

Do you all think Dave owns just the one pair of pants for everyday wear and then maybe one or two pairs of dress pants for preaching at the grift stops? He seems to be wearing these filthy gray pants and the falling apart shoes in just about every picture.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7

Since I am still lounging around trying to get over whatever stomach bug I watched Jill's christmas tree decorating video really just to see if she showed a clock. The one's where she is filming the perfection of it all and there are no other humans, clocks show 4:30. I am assuming am.

but the funny thing I noticed was the gift tags. Good lord how embarassing for Sam. Why does kaylee girl have a giant box when she shows 3 very small gifts? Box does not say Hill Family, just Kaylee girl. Maybe it included her plexus starter pack.

Screenshot (534).png

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How long does it take to drive from Ohio to Florida? 

Id think flying would be more convenient. 

I believe Nurie and her family live somewhere near Orlando.  That would be about a 14 hour drive straight through.  I cannot imagine traveling that in 1 day with 2 small children, but, if they're blanket training, they may find a long car riide to be useful for 'training up' their children.  Frontier is currently having a sale and a nonstop round trip ticket Cleveland to Orlando is well under $100 as long as they're flexible on the dates/time. I would think that would be cheaper than driving, even if they bought a seat for Nemo.

I presume, if they're not coming back for Christmas, Jill would expect them to haul gifts for the entire bunch with them to Wooster and especially her gifts; so maybe the luggage charges would make the cost prohibitive.

• Sad 7
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Since I am still lounging around trying to get over whatever stomach bug I watched Jill's christmas tree decorating video really just to see if she showed a clock. The one's where she is filming the perfection of it all and there are no other humans, clocks show 4:30. I am assuming am.

but the funny thing I noticed was the gift tags. Good lord how embarassing for Sam. Why does kaylee girl have a giant box when she shows 3 very small gifts? Box does not say Hill Family, just Kaylee girl. Maybe it included her plexus starter pack.

Screenshot (534).png

Well since Jill has mentioned in the past how gleefully they picked on Kaylee,  I can see Jill putting the stuff in several boxes (you know the box within a box within a box thing), assuring Kaylee that it's something great and laughing heartily when the real gift/s are revealed. 

Edited by beckie
  • Sad 11
41 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I believe Nurie and her family live somewhere near Orlando.  That would be about a 14 hour drive straight through.  I cannot imagine traveling that in 1 day with 2 small children, but, if they're blanket training, they may find a long car riide to be useful for 'training up' their children.  Frontier is currently having a sale and a nonstop round trip ticket Cleveland to Orlando is well under $100 as long as they're flexible on the dates/time. I would think that would be cheaper than driving, even if they bought a seat for Nemo.

I presume, if they're not coming back for Christmas, Jill would expect them to haul gifts for the entire bunch with them to Wooster and especially her gifts; so maybe the luggage charges would make the cost prohibitive.

Rumor has it the Keller clan is all going to Texas for Christmas. I guess Nathan can take unlimited time off from his pastor job.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Wouldn't a congregation want and expect their pastor to be there for Christmas services? I don't understand these people.

I have a son-in-law who is a pastor. He doesn't take off time at Christmas or Easter. Too much going on, but I guess it's no problem for Pastor Nathan of the bottomless wallet. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Wouldn't a congregation want and expect their pastor to be there for Christmas services? I don't understand these people.

Nathan could do a Christmas Eve service on Sunday morning then fly out to Texas for Christmas Day. If he doesn't preside over at least Christmas Eve, they need to find a new pastor. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I have a son-in-law who is a pastor. He doesn't take off time at Christmas or Easter. Too much going on, but I guess it's no problem for Pastor Nathan of the bottomless wallet. 

Bottomless wallet sent me haha 

• LOL 5

48152376-1486-41B9-B634-A59AB21463F2.jpeg

Hello everybody! I just got on to share some recent things I’ve written. Also, I will be doing a post soon showing my Christmas decor. So, keep a lookout for that. Hope you enjoy the following; 

“I want to be so close to God that the sheer power of what my flesh is capable of makes me run to God faster than ever before” 
-Timothy Rodrigues 

“Are we showing by our walk with God that we are enjoying the spiritual sustenance of life” 
-Timothy Rodrigues 

“By voiding our fleshy desires in life we become more vigilant, and vibrant for the Lord”
-Timothy Rodrigues 

“We truly are a blessed people, but how often do we forget”
-Timothy Rodrigues 

Have a wonderful evening! 😁

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 17

Timbits is getting excited for the wedding night now that he allowed front hugs.   He's trying to keep his thoughts pure though.   

As for Nathan of the Bottomless Wallet, I would thing a preacher wouldn't be available for travel at Christmas, but the whole lot of them thing they are extra special so who knows.

Yes, Kaylee moved up because she didn't move away and still lets Mahmo run her life.   Nurie lost points by living in Florida and not having the Keller connection move Mahmo into higher fundie circles.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Gotta love the "graphic design" on display in the right hand picture. She plopped her Maine sweatblouse picture on the Punta Cana beach. 😂

She must really like that picture of herself! 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Yet, he's going to be showing us his Christmas decor. Snort. 

Subtle shading of Mahmo and her exquisite holiday decorating skills?  Do I sense a Christmas Vacation level throwdown?  Pass the popcorn!

Also, how does one "void their fleshy desires?"  Sounds pretty painful.

• LOL 19