Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Oh Jill, 

Please either buy a couple of decorating magazines (REAL magazines) or watch HGTV on the map. Two people with a baby who live in an already small house need SPACE, not decorative chaos. 
And by the way, not every empty space on the floor needs to have a rug on it. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Imagine you're one of Jill's kids, trying to fall asleep for the night in the Barndo, and from across the hall you hear your mother suddenly wail, "Please help me!!"  Nothing like a bit of terror and some heart palpitations for a restful night's sleep.

Those poor kids.  They must walk on eggshells around Jill every single day.  I wonder if they even know what it feels like to fully relax.

I also wonder what Dave does during Jill's nightly wailing - probably just sweetly grunts and falls back to sleep.

And, believe me, they know when they are the ones causing her agony. The little ones probably live in fear that her loud, pleading prayers are about them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 10
21 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

he looks happy and the smile isn't forced. And no fingers in the frame! 

But!  How are we supposed to know which one is Timothy??

Maybe it's my hopeful imagination but I feel like in that second picture, Tim's smile is like, "quit caterwauling for me to smile and take the damn pitcher already, Mahmo." 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I can't fathom what they are trying to accomplish. The kitchen door opens to the back of the hutch and the hutch is partially blocking the opening to the next room. What is the purpose of that ratty throw rug?

I hope that is not the "good"side of the rug...

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Precious Mahmo lol

E08BFE79-098C-431F-9479-948AE925DFBA.jpeg

Who peed in her cereal? 

Here’s the whole thing, as a spoiler because it’s long…..

Spoiler

I often feel at the end of myself.  😢  Being a Mom to 13 children is no easy feat.  😔 Yet, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  ❤️  I many times kneel before climbing into my bed, and cry out to God, "Please help me!"   🙏  I sometimes feel I have failed at everything and need God's help!  🩵

God is so faithful.  🙌  He has been teaching me the meaning of the words....forgiveness, faith and "let go and let God"!  I am a fixer.  Growing up, sometimes my Mom would get discouraged.  I would stay by her side until she cheered up.  I love to encourage people.  Inspire them to do right.  Cultivate loving relationships.  Communicate until all is understood.  My Daddy even called me a "peace maker" at my wedding.  💗

But, sometimes, God wants me to learn that HE is the only One that can fix things.  He wants me to lean on HIM and let HIM do the work, and not me.  It is NOT an easy lesson for my personality, but a necessary one.  

In these moments, I sometimes feel useless, or cast aside.  😕  It is then that God allows me to see this quote below.  He reminds me that He loves me just the way He made me, but wants me to learn some hard lessons in life.  He wants me to learn that it is ALWAYS His glory I should be seeking, and not my own.  These moments I come to the end of myself, are SO good for me! 🥰 They keep me humble and realizing in me, dwelleth no good thing.  It is ONLY the power of God resting upon me that brings out anything good in my life.  

If you are struggling today, remember that God (who made and named ALL the stars), knows YOU intimately!  ️ Rest in Him and His care for you!  Let His power rest upon you.  Let Him take your burdens.  LET HIM.  And when you do this, miraculous things will happen; and God will be the one glorified through it all.  🙏 I love you, all!  ❤️  Jill R. 

II Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing."

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

Awww one of her kids doesn't want to be "fixed?"  I'm guessing it's Tim.  She's been put on the back burner for wedding planning.  

In these moments, I sometimes feel useless, or cast aside.  😕 

• Like 9
  • LOL 13

She really needs to get over the "13 children" and move on to I have 6 children over 18 who will choose their own path and I trust that we have done our damndest and to  "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

She spouts that one fairly often going way back.

Next summer she will have more "children" over 18 than under. The loss of control must be horrible for her.

Samuel will be 19 Nov 24th, Sadie turns 10 on Nov 27th. 

The pics of Tim and Heidi I will have to say I loved the one where it was Tim doing the fundie adoring gaze at Heidi.

• Like 16
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the whole thing, as a spoiler because it’s long…..

Hide contents

I often feel at the end of myself.  😢  Being a Mom to 13 children is no easy feat.  😔 Yet, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  ❤️  I many times kneel before climbing into my bed, and cry out to God, "Please help me!"   🙏  I sometimes feel I have failed at everything and need God's help!  🩵

God is so faithful.  🙌  He has been teaching me the meaning of the words....forgiveness, faith and "let go and let God"!  I am a fixer.  Growing up, sometimes my Mom would get discouraged.  I would stay by her side until she cheered up.  I love to encourage people.  Inspire them to do right.  Cultivate loving relationships.  Communicate until all is understood.  My Daddy even called me a "peace maker" at my wedding.  💗

But, sometimes, God wants me to learn that HE is the only One that can fix things.  He wants me to lean on HIM and let HIM do the work, and not me.  It is NOT an easy lesson for my personality, but a necessary one.  

In these moments, I sometimes feel useless, or cast aside.  😕  It is then that God allows me to see this quote below.  He reminds me that He loves me just the way He made me, but wants me to learn some hard lessons in life.  He wants me to learn that it is ALWAYS His glory I should be seeking, and not my own.  These moments I come to the end of myself, are SO good for me! 🥰 They keep me humble and realizing in me, dwelleth no good thing.  It is ONLY the power of God resting upon me that brings out anything good in my life.  

If you are struggling today, remember that God (who made and named ALL the stars), knows YOU intimately!  ️ Rest in Him and His care for you!  Let His power rest upon you.  Let Him take your burdens.  LET HIM.  And when you do this, miraculous things will happen; and God will be the one glorified through it all.  🙏 I love you, all!  ❤️  Jill R. 

II Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing."

Yes, Jill, you failed on feeding and clothing your children for starters. You failed on educating them, you failed on giving them the best you could because YOU get the best, not them. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 20
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I guess Jilly is going to have to find a scene-stealing dress to wear to Tim's wedding so all the attention can be put back on her. Teidi who?

My hope, is no one tells Jill (or any of the family) when the wedding is. She wakes up the next morning and sees pictures on Tim's Facebook page. She'll really be screaming to God then..

• Applause 3
  • LOL 20

Jill's post is typical of numerous other posts I've read from fundie women. They declare that they must step back and let God take care of everything, but the letting go and the fixing never happen. It's just a circle of depression and fight. Jill might benefit from some real therapy, but that's not on the table. Unfortunately,  she's passing this problem to her children. Many (hopefully not all) will grow up worrying they'll never be good enough, but God can fix everything, except He doesn't, and it's probably their own fault for not being good enough and praying hard enough. Tim's painful trailer videos had this theme. 

This makes me wonder what Pat was like as a mother. At least, she had only four children to make miserable, not thirteen. 

• Like 23
11 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I can't bring myself to be too optimistic about Timbits (he'll always be Timbits to me), because I've been burned before and I can't forget his "Ugh! Women talk to me. Why can't they be dogly and modest like my sisters?" posts. Still, I can't help noticing that he does look a lot more relaxed and happy than he ever has in these pics with Heidi and fam. 

Yea, I don't think we should raise our hopes too much. He is who he is. I think its more a matter of watching Jill have a kid that she will not be able to control after marriage. That she won't be number one for him, with loving odes about how wonderful she is. And mostly, that Jill keeps her decorating skills or lack of, out of their lives. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 23
11 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

None of Jill's kids know what a normal, loving family looks like.  Tim may be astounded every day at the ways -- big and little -- Heidi's family interacts in a relaxed way with one another.

And they can be people of strong faith without all the hysteria that goes on in his family. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I can't wait for the day when Jill traipses into Tim and Heidi's house with a plastic bin full of Hobby Lobby clearance tchotchkes all ready to put her "special" Mahmo touch on their place, and Tim turns her away at his front door.

Someone needs to tell Teidi not to give her a key.  They’ll come home from their honeymoon and find it “dwreckorated.”

3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I can't bring myself to be too optimistic about Timbits (he'll always be Timbits to me), because I've been burned before and I can't forget his "Ugh! Women talk to me. Why can't they be dogly and modest like my sisters?" posts. Still, I can't help noticing that he does look a lot more relaxed and happy than he ever has in these pics with Heidi and fam. 

Maybe being around Heidi’s sisters, who don’t follow all of God’s Jill’s rules, will open his mind a tiny %. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I don't know.  He looks very comfortable with Heidi and her family.  I think (hope) he has grown up a lot since he made those posts.  His smiles look real to me, and I hope he will start to see through Jill.  I'm thinking Heidi's family is much more calm and organized than the barndo with manic Jill.  I really hope he has a chance at a somewhat "normal" life.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I know it looked like the floor was uneven where the hutch was. Why not address that? Is there a structural issue that needs to be fixed? The hutch just looks weird in the kitchen and out of place. 

A quick fix would be to stain the 2x4 to match the hutch and it wouldn't be so noticeable. Then put a little stool over the heating vent with a plant on top.

The best fix would be to get rid of the hutch.

• Like 10

They had another family over that has maybe 7-8 kids. Guys did a ghost pepper challenge while Jill filmed and the girls cackled away.

The other family must have brought most of the food and the hoverboard.

No idea why Sadie is on the thing in the kitchen with 20+ people standing around the island.

Dave, Sammers and Gabriel were all wearing camo, so there must have also been some manly gun shooting to get ready for firearm deer season.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I see a table of beige food. A room filled with brown and beige "decor." And a Rod child on a $100+ hoverboard. 

Thanks @crazy8s. I wondered where the food and the expensive toy came from. Jill's not in a mood to buy either these days. 

I couldn't tell that was a hoverboard! No way Jill bought that. Maybe one of their guest brought it or bought it. 

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave ate that ghost pepper like it was a cracker. No response lol. His taste buds are used to spicy food???

Or maybe they are dead from cheap meals and Jill's "cooking"? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That room. It offends all my senses. My brain has enough going on without being assaulted with all that chaos JillR calls décor.

I think the room has become worse since the last films of the barndo I've seen. I don't remember that corner of stuff next to the boys' bedroom. Is that recent?  Anyway, Jill is fortunate to have a small army of maids at her disposal. There's a lot of dust-catching junk in that house to take care of. 

The female Rodlets seem to go barefoot in the house. Is that a rule? What about the camo-wearing manly males? Do combat boots come off at the door? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

They had another family over that has maybe 7-8 kids. Guys did a ghost pepper challenge while Jill filmed and the girls cackled away.

The other family must have brought most of the food and the hoverboard.

No idea why Sadie is on the thing in the kitchen with 20+ people standing around the island.

Dave, Sammers and Gabriel were all wearing camo, so there must have also been some manly gun shooting to get ready for firearm deer season.

Because only men can eat hot peppers? 😆

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
53 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Because only men can eat hot peppers? 😆

Let’s hope the men didn’t ummm pleasure themselves or another person . That will burn! 

(Sorry for the visuals everyone)

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 10

Only 2 of the non whimps ate the ghost pepper in the video. When Gabe and the other boy were guzzling the milk Dave said after that they needed to eat crackers, bread or something to get the taste out. So I think Dave ate his before Jill filmed and he was just eating the crackers in the video.

Never mind all that I missed the first video where dave at a tiny piece of pepper.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Only 2 of the non whimps ate the ghost pepper in the video. When Gabe and the other boy were guzzling the milk Dave said after that they needed to eat crackers, bread or something to get the taste out. So I think Dave ate his before Jill filmed and he was just eating the crackers in the video.

Never mind all that I missed the first video where dave at a tiny piece of pepper.

He ate it off the tip of a steak knife, no less. 🙄

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A quick fix would be to stain the 2x4 to match the hutch and it wouldn't be so noticeable. Then put a little stool over the heating vent with a plant on top.

The best fix would be to get rid of the hutch.

I didn't look too closely, but is the floor uneven, or is it the hutch itself?  Either way the hutch does not belong in the kitchen blocking a door and a window (and a switch and a plug).

• Like 8
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Arm wrestling anyone. Lol

Again, only males get to do that, apparently. Hey Jill - I used to down Taco Bell hot sauce packets and arm wrestle the boys when I was in school. Girls can do it too!

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Again, only males get to do that, apparently. Hey Jill - I used to down Taco Bell hot sauce packets and arm wrestle the boys when I was in school. Girls can do it too!

Are you actively trying to get Jill to post a diatribe about men being men and women being womanly, submissive, weak helpmeets for their husbands? (With added “special” content about God making us only in two genders and how this old godless world trying to convince the youth of today that they can change their gender rather than submitting to God’s perfect will?)

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 4
  • LOL 11
45 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Are you actively trying to get Jill to post a diatribe about men being men and women being womanly, submissive, weak helpmeets for their husbands? (With added “special” content about God making us only in two genders and how this old godless world trying to convince the youth of today that they can change their gender rather than submitting to God’s perfect will?)

Bring it on!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • LOL 4

The way they all rapidly gain weight and immediately look healthier as soon as they leave also confirms to me that, contrary to what Jill has tried to claim, their gauntness isn't just the kids being naturally thin. 

• Like 23
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

When Timothy hopped on mama's fb and tried to back mama up on the rod kids being naturally thin, he claimed the children had plenty to eat. But admitted that he gained something like 10-15lbs while away at aviation college. After being home for a short while and again appearing thin, he claimed he had food poisoning and lost all the weight he had gained. 🙄

I will try to find the post. He found Reddit or this site when he was away from mama and had internet access unmonitored by mama.

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4

That's some pretty good brainwashing by Mahmo for Tim to try and explain away a 10-pound weight loss upon coming back home on food poisoning, which also isn't a great look for Jill's cooking.  How did he explain his waifish siblings, though?

• Like 13