Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The before was better. I think I would have put an island with a sink facing the stove, one you could eat at. Blocking a heat vent, a window, and a door to outside was a choice. The ever present throw rug in all its tattered glory is something.

Where did the microwave end up? I don’t see it in the “after” shots.

The microwave is probably at Jill’s house lol

• LOL 10
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The microwave is probably at Jill’s house lol

She probably told Kaylee the old cream one matched better so she could have the newer black one for herself.

She’s the worst. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

I see Jill cleared out her upstairs attic and the garage to give Kaylee everything Jill no longer wanted. 

Jill turned Kaykay house into a funeral home lol. That house is so dark and cluttered. 

Did you see the listing pictures? Oh my.

• Mind Blown 2

I would love to send Jill a book on the art of Feng Shui, but she'd probably gasp and throw it in the firepit.  Even so, I'm pretty sure that blocking a door and a window with a piece of furniture too huge for a room is against even the most basic design principles.

• Like 18
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It's also against all principles of fire safety.

I was typing as you posted this. This is the major problem here. If there's a fire, the Hills need every way possible to get out of that old house. 

Jill's makeover of Kaylee's kitchen almost feels like retribution of some sort. Maybe Jill is jealous of Kaylee's youth, beauty, and employed husband so she decided dirty carpets, yellowed cabinet paint, cheap stick-on tiles, an oversized piece of furniture blocking a window, door, and a vent, and dried weeds next to the stove would reflect her own feelings perfectly.  

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 20
  • Sad 1
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I was typing as you posted this. This is the major problem here. If there's a fire, the Hills need every way possible to get out of that old house. 

Jill's makeover of Kaylee's kitchen almost feels like retribution of some sort. Maybe Jill is jealous of Kaylee's youth, beauty, and employed husband so she decided dirty carpets, yellowed cabinet paint, cheap stick-on tiles, an oversized piece of furniture blocking a window, door, and a vent, and dried weeds next to the stove would reflect her own feelings perfectly.  

Imagine they are 4 or 5 or more kids in and God forbid, something  happens? The Rods really don't use their brains, do they? 

Then again, they train (beat) the curiosity out of them. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11
22 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jill and Dave don't worry their pretty little heads about safety of any kind! 

True, I forgot who I was talking about here...clearly not people who take safety into any sort of consideration.  I am reminded of when Ma and Pa Noyes came to stay at the Barndo and Jill's house was a literal obstacle course of loose rugs tossed on every available flat surface.

My question is, did Jill pull this crap on her daughter's house as a dare to see if Kaylee and Jonathan will change what she did?  Or is Jill really so clueless as to the basic idea of a window being an exit in case of a fire?  I know she's got Plexus for brains, but I also struggle to think that a grown human person would purposefully block an exit with something that probably takes two people to move out of the way, especially when that home has babies living there.

I wonder the same thing about Jill's own house.  With the random extension cords hanging from ceilings and various single outlets with 12 devices plugged in, it's like she's almost trying to make something bad happen.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

True, I forgot who I was talking about here...clearly not people who take safety into any sort of consideration.  I am reminded of when Ma and Pa Noyes came to stay at the Barndo and Jill's house was a literal obstacle course of loose rugs tossed on every available flat surface.

My question is, did Jill pull this crap on her daughter's house as a dare to see if Kaylee and Jonathan will change what she did?  Or is Jill really so clueless as to the basic idea of a window being an exit in case of a fire?  I know she's got Plexus for brains, but I also struggle to think that a grown human person would purposefully block an exit with something that probably takes two people to move out of the way, especially when that home has babies living there.

I wonder the same thing about Jill's own house.  With the random extension cords hanging from ceilings and various single outlets with 12 devices plugged in, it's like she's almost trying to make something bad happen.

I now feel the need to somehow work "Do you have Plexus for brains??" in a conversation...

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
On 11/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, Teriacky said:

It looks like Jill has had tons of sodium. Maybe she salts everything she eats or maybe her magic Plexus is loaded with sodium. Whatever the cause, those are not normal looking hands. (They look like medical gloves that have been blown into to make balloons!)

I’m a saltaholic and my fingers have never looked like that!

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

The hutch used to be in the dining room. I remember we talked about how the floor must really slope because one side had a 2x4 under it to make it level.

As far as fire safety - Jill has no concern there. Her own kitchen has a ceiling mount industrial heater surrounded by fake greenery and hobby lobby bargain day decor.

336642982_100131206371575_6910979026186937324_n.thumb.jpg.cde762d292de63eeccf0d9508bdd4774.jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

The hutch definitely blocks the window and possibly the light switch and electrical outlet opening (depending on if it's flush against the wall), but I don't think it blocks the door. Zooming in to the after picture, the hutch sits on 5 floor tiles, and the 5th tile would butt up against the door jam, but not in front of it. 

Edited by all fall down
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Imagine they are 4 or 5 or more kids in and God forbid, something  happens? The Rods really don't use their brains, do they? 

Then again, they train (beat) the curiosity out of them. 

Silly, don’t you know they are Jesus’s favorite? He will save them personally.

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

She is certainly confident in her decorating ability. As far back as when her parents finally got a house in w virginia Jill claimed she would have it "looking like a showcase in no time".

This is one of the most hilarious statements she’s ever made, imho 😆😆😆

4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

OMG the curtains! 😂

Soooooo bad!

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

The dining room is where the hutch belongs. Why did it end up in the kitchen? 🤔 Maybe somebody was afraid the dining room floor was going to collapse with that heavy object on it and the kitchen floor somehow wouldn't.  

The decor budget should have been invested in structural improvements instead of fuel to feed a fire. 

Jonathan, you need to step up and tell your pushy MIL to go home and feed her children. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’ve never seen a hutch in a kitchen unless there was no dining room.   The last thing they need is to block any exit door.  I doubt that would pass an inspection. 

I've seen hutches in kitchens where there was a blank wall and insufficient cabinet space, but they never block doors or windows and coordinate with the cabinets or furniture in the kitchen.  I've never seen anyone move a hutch from its matching place in the dining room where there was room to make a mess of the kitchen except with Jill.

• Like 13

I think there's a chance that the door wasn't blocked. The hutch seems to be close to the other wall with cabinets, and there's no after shot of the right side of the back wall. Hard to tell, but I would like to give them benefit of the doubt (that they really don't deserve).

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
8 hours ago, all fall down said:

The hutch definitely blocks the window and possibly the light switch and electrical outlet opening (depending on if it's flush against the wall), but I don't think it blocks the door. Zooming in to the after picture, the hutch sits on 5 floor tiles, and the 5th tile would butt up against the door jam, but not in front of it. 

I don't understand what you mean. The back wall has a window and door, of which said door is all the way to the edge where it looks like the right side of the jamb is missing. How could the hutch be on the back wall without blocking the door?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I don't understand what you mean. The back wall has a window and door, of which said door is all the way to the edge where it looks like the right side of the jamb is missing. How could the hutch be on the back wall without blocking the door?

There's at least 8-9 tiles on the floor that go from the cabinets on the left to the side wall next to the right of door. The hutch only takes up 5 of them. See photos. The hutch isn't as wide as it appears. 

Spoiler

400598493_3510078275897167_4428275415035375901_n.thumb.jpg.a41d7f9e53a981d99698368085306bff.jpg

400426860_3510078302563831_4752795184455392771_n.thumb.jpg.6d00af18d5910633669ce9206d278efb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

The way Jill talks about her kids is so patronizing that I’m surprised they don’t all want to punch her in the face. 

“Oh, look at Kaylee and her cozy little abode! Oh look at Timothy and his… sweet little courtship partner!* Oh look at obedient and industrious little Renee, have I mentioned she’s on the market?” It just reeks of this smug sense of superiority, like what she really wants to say is that Kaylee’s house is too small and Timothy’s fiancé is ugly and poor Renee can’t land a man, and she’s better than all of them because she has a converted aircraft hangar full of cheap crap and a “hunky” husband and why is anyone paying attention to them when all eyes should be on her, Jill, and her hoodie blouses and her dime-store stripper makeup and her hideous tsotchkes and her lazy-ass excuse for a husband? 

Are narcissistic bitches more likely to become fundie, or does something about being fundie make someone into a narcissistic bitch?

*I do take some solace in the fact that Heidi sees Jill and has zero time for her nonsense.

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, all fall down said:

There's at least 8-9 tiles on the floor that go from the cabinets on the left to the side wall next to the right of door. The hutch only takes up 5 of them. See photos. The hutch isn't as wide as it appears. 

Hide contents

400598493_3510078275897167_4428275415035375901_n.thumb.jpg.a41d7f9e53a981d99698368085306bff.jpg

400426860_3510078302563831_4752795184455392771_n.thumb.jpg.6d00af18d5910633669ce9206d278efb.jpg

Waiting for Gideon, in about a year, to trip on that rug and slam his head into the hutch…

• Sad 11

Jamming the hutch into the kitchen is an odd choice, for sure. If the door has space to open, the cabinet doors won't open fully. Then there's the register on the floor, the window, the light switch, and the outlet, all of which are covered now. 

Plus, it's not being used for any kitchen purposes and doesn't match the rest of the room.

The dining room has a bare space where the hutch used to be. Maybe Jill plans to put a bed for Ma and Pa Noyes there. Jill would love to have her parents around as long as they don't require any effort and expense from her. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 19
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jamming the hutch into the kitchen is an odd choice, for sure. If the door has space to open, the cabinet doors won't open fully. Then there's the register on the floor, the window, the light switch, and the outlet, all of which are covered now. 

I'm waiting for the post where Jill barges into Kaylee's house and moves a recliner into the dining room, or a microwave into the bathroom, because SHE thinks it makes some sort of twisted sense - never mind that it might not be what Kaylee wants.  It's just another way Jill exerts her control over her married kids.  If Nurie didn't live so darn far away, Jill would be Jilling at her house too.

I can't wait for the day when Jill traipses into Tim and Heidi's house with a plastic bin full of Hobby Lobby clearance tchotchkes all ready to put her "special" Mahmo touch on their place, and Tim turns her away at his front door.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

The way Jill talks about her kids is so patronizing that I’m surprised they don’t all want to punch her in the face. 

“Oh, look at Kaylee and her cozy little abode! Oh look at Timothy and his… sweet little courtship partner!* Oh look at obedient and industrious little Renee, have I mentioned she’s on the market?” It just reeks of this smug sense of superiority, like what she really wants to say is that Kaylee’s house is too small and Timothy’s fiancé is ugly and poor Renee can’t land a man, and she’s better than all of them because she has a converted aircraft hangar full of cheap crap and a “hunky” husband and why is anyone paying attention to them when all eyes should be on her, Jill, and her hoodie blouses and her dime-store stripper makeup and her hideous tsotchkes and her lazy-ass excuse for a husband? 

Are narcissistic bitches more likely to become fundie, or does something about being fundie make someone into a narcissistic bitch?

*I do take some solace in the fact that Heidi sees Jill and has zero time for her nonsense.

And who on earth uses the phrase “cozy abode” in 2023? What is she on about?

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Plus, it's not being used for any kitchen purposes and doesn't match the rest of the room.

The dining room has a bare space where the hutch used to be. Maybe Jill plans to put a bed for Ma and Pa Noyes there. Jill would love to have her parents around as long as they don't require any effort and expense from her. 

I know it looked like the floor was uneven where the hutch was. Why not address that? Is there a structural issue that needs to be fixed? The hutch just looks weird in the kitchen and out of place. 

• Like 11

Note to Jill - Just think how happy those little girls would be if you put a play set for them, you know like, anywhere on your acre lot. Oh but then they might play and use their imaginations without you there to control the narrative, film them or stop them.

There is a video of Janessa in this post where she is doing something next to jill's bed, several times she tries to talk directly to mama and keeps trying to look around the phone Jill has between them to film. Yep, cherishing every moment....

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Precious Mahmo lol

E08BFE79-098C-431F-9479-948AE925DFBA.jpeg

Who peed in her cereal? 

Imagine you're one of Jill's kids, trying to fall asleep for the night in the Barndo, and from across the hall you hear your mother suddenly wail, "Please help me!!"  Nothing like a bit of terror and some heart palpitations for a restful night's sleep.

Those poor kids.  They must walk on eggshells around Jill every single day.  I wonder if they even know what it feels like to fully relax.

I also wonder what Dave does during Jill's nightly wailing - probably just sweetly grunts and falls back to sleep.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Sad 8
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Imagine you're one of Jill's kids, trying to fall asleep for the night in the Barndo, and from across the hall you hear your mother suddenly wail, "Please help me!!"  Nothing like a bit of terror and some heart palpitations for a restful night's sleep.

Those poor kids.  They must walk on eggshells around Jill every single day.  I wonder if they even know what it feels like to fully relax.

I also wonder what Dave does during Jill's nightly wailing - probably just sweetly grunts and falls back to sleep.

I know those poor kids. 

I think Dave is pretty checked out and just ignores it while he watches the map. 

• Like 10
8 hours ago, all fall down said:

Reveal spoiler

I can't fathom what they are trying to accomplish. The kitchen door opens to the back of the hutch and the hutch is partially blocking the opening to the next room. What is the purpose of that ratty throw rug?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I can't wait for the day when Jill traipses into Tim and Heidi's house with a plastic bin full of Hobby Lobby clearance tchotchkes all ready to put her "special" Mahmo touch on their place, and Tim turns her away at his front door.

Or Heidi asks to keep the bin and as Tim is saying goodbye, Heidi is refilling the bin to dump in the trash as soon as Jill's car is out of sight.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

It would be nice if one day, these kids got a backbone. Told MAHMO to get the fuck out of their house and leave the "decorating" to them. Hoping Heidi and Tim do this.

That hutch does not belong in the kitchen. If it wasn't safe to have it in the dining room because of the floor, then it's time to give it away or put ir in the barnado until something else can be done with it.

Covering up a window and door is the dumbest thing ever. It's not like it was a tiny window either. That brought in a ton of light. Plus, it's wedged by their big pantry cabinet. Is their room to even open those doors? There is nothing in that hutch that it needs to be in the kitchen.

Oh and Jill, perhaps you should've gotten some nicer rugs. You want that hutch in the kitchen and then put the most disgusting torn up rug under it. The other rug from Jonathon's basement room, is a monstrosity in that kitchen. I'm sure it is probably just as filthy as the other one.

Hopefully that hutch never comes crashing down on Gideon, because as we know, these people know nothing about safety.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1