Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Westiepeach said:

So God told her to sell Plexus. God told her to record a song. Why isn’t God telling her to FEED HER KIDS??? *sheesh*

It was the chance of a lifetime to spend $15?

I can't believe she claimed to want to bring glory to god rather than to herself, as if she doesn't show of every inch of her makeup-troweled face and Good Christian "look at how persecuted I am!" persona as an attempt to attract attention.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill certainly has a collection of baseball caps, although this one looks like something a train conductor would wear. She should have worn her pink cowgirl hat. It would draw additional attention to her countenance.

Is that Pastor Steve Cowgill of the famous shoulder massages? I thought he was in Ohio at Believers Baptist. A lot of these small church pastors look like older versions of Hunk, so it's hard to tell. 

I wonder how much money Jill and David are collecting on this trip. Maybe each save soul brings in a cash bounty. 

Very many looking baseball caps! How are those appropriate feminine attire?

2 hours ago, zenme said:

I think looking at 2 small packs of TP in a shopping cart for a family of 50 would make me feel resentful on some days, honestly. 

I’m single and I buy TP in bulk. Why don’t they? It makes me anxious thinking how quickly they’ll go through those 2 small packages. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 16
6 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Very many looking baseball caps! How are those appropriate feminine attire?

I’m single and I buy TP in bulk. Why don’t they? It makes me anxious thinking how quickly they’ll go through those 2 small packages. 

Considering the limited waste capacities of the stink RV and the barndo's septic system, the Rods probably have a policy that DBD is always the first to dump down, BME goes next (because of Plexus), and the kids are on an every-third-day plan. Not eating regularly helps. Dave and Jill get one pack of tissue, and everyone else shares the other pack. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, beckie said:

Regardless of what she says, if a rich relative (or anyone really) died and left them ALL their millions,  I'm convinced Jill would stop with her Christian bs and go on a permanent vacation.  

Oh yeah, she would never jaysause again.   I mean she is already on permanent vacation, she just wouldn't have to pretend its a "ministry" anymore.   David would be so relieved he doesn't have to pretend to work anymore, or thave o preach another sermon.

• Like 11

Picture it, The Barndo.  2023.

Jill:  "Children of the Corn, gather round, it's time to enjoy your once-weekly meal of '2 potato & 1 oily sausage' stew.  Now remember the number one rule!  Your headship and mine (smile), Hunky Daddy Dave will be the first to dip up and dump down.  This is a great lesson for the young ladies to hear now, so the only surprise on your wedding night will be the sexual fornicating".

Everyone:  "Yes, mama.  Thank you, mama".  

Note:  This dinner will be served at 930pm on Tuesday night.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 12
On 6/28/2023 at 3:35 AM, ginger90 said:

Another installment of the print shop work is up. If Janessa kills one more fly, she gets a piece of candy…….

screenshots from the videos:

24AC726F-7EEC-4084-A592-6FE4E2271893.jpeg

0D107761-FE9B-4B91-80E9-48C19556E93D.jpeg

"Please check out our website if you want to order some"? 

Gee, can I? I'd love to annoy my family and friends by harassing them with this crap. Maybe my neighbors too. And the people ahead of me in line at Starbucks. Working the counter at Subway. Sharing an elevator.

How tempting. Pass.

• LOL 15
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Went ahead and looked it up. It's a different guy, Joe Moore. 

Poor Gabriel was so SMALL when the massage happened. And Jill was so HAPPY about it. Gross. 

She would have happily volunteered one of her kids to go up on a stage for a discipline "demonstration" like we saw in Shiny Happy People.  And she would have never shut up about it.  And not in the way normal people wouldn't shut up about it.  She'd call it a "blessing" etc.  This woman can get bent. SEVERELY bent. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2023 at 3:24 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Good question. We here can’t stand her but none of us have ever asked that. 

I just assumed she didn't.

I assume she doesn't do much of anything outside of posing, troweling on makeup, and grifting.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 7/9/2023 at 5:28 AM, ginger90 said:

The power of Christian music to a baby. 😮 Gideon had been crying for awhile during his assessment and diaper change with the nurse.  Look how he STOPPED once we started to sing to him!  His whole demeanor changed!  💙❤️

He was probably stunned into terrified silence.

On 7/10/2023 at 10:30 AM, BradandJanet said:

If Jill and Kaylee didn't know about the knot, why would any of us know? 

I hope the nurse referenced in Jill's post was the one wearing the headscarf. it  would rattle Jill's brain if someone from a different religion said this to her. 

It would've made more sense for God to take away the knot in the first place.

Or, you know...not to have let it form in the first place.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
On 7/21/2023 at 12:31 PM, beckie said:

She has said that Sofia is just like her, that Sadie is her mini me, and Janessa is just like her. I think she thinks ALL of her kids are just like her. And she doesn't think that's a bad thing. (Except for Olivia who gets left out even when she's there).

There's an Olivia?

No, I'm not kidding. And this is not,  believe it or not, Jill's secret Primetimer account.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
19 hours ago, beckie said:

Regardless of what she says, if a rich relative (or anyone really) died and left them ALL their millions,  I'm convinced Jill would stop with her Christian bs and go on a permanent vacation.  

The first thing she'd do would be to buy a mansion in Florida. She must miss the nice beach house in Texas that belonged to one of Nathan's sisters, the house the Rods stayed in for a week, probably for free, the house Jill planned to have every year for a grand family reunion, the house with the pool they swam in wearing  their denim "swimwear," the house with the grill they used several times but didn't clean--the house they never got invited back to.

Jill's beach house would be bigger, better, and beachier than the one in Texas. Jill's walk-in closet would be the size of a swimming pool. David would have a media and snack room with a choice of loungers and a giant map with surround sound. All the kids and their families would live there, and Jill would control everything. She might even have a very famous neighbor or two to invite to one of her canned cheese and potato chip parties. 

The print shop and the missions clearinghouse would be distant memories. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
14 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

"Please check out our website if you want to order some"? 

Gee, can I? I'd love to annoy my family and friends by harassing them with this crap. Maybe my neighbors too. And the people ahead of me in line at Starbucks. Working the counter at Subway. Sharing an elevator.

How tempting. Pass.

Maybe Jill will sell you some dead flies if you don't want the tracts. She'd probably sell you a spare waif if you'll pay more than she can get in future son-in-law grift. 

• LOL 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill will sell you some dead flies if you don't want the tracts. She'd probably sell you a spare waif if you'll pay more than she can get in future son-in-law grift. 

At least that spare waif would eat in my house. Regular, filling meals. And I wouldn't put her to work in a print shop sweat shop when she should be learning and having fun.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Her dream house will be tackily styled. A gourmet kitchen with Pioneer Woman collection tchotchkes from Walmart, toilets with toilet seat covers, etc.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

At the hospital….

screenshots from a video:

21950B12-CDB9-47C1-AAE2-7C6CA0BD7DA5.jpeg

D65BE189-7BEE-497D-A636-4FB03F77020D.jpeg

A hospital is not Chuck E Cheese, Jill. Not that you would know what a Chuck E Cheese is.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jillnessa is performing for Mahmo like a trained seal. And in this heat she has tights and an extra shirt on. 

Trained seals probably eat more.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

All I can say is that I am so, so happy that I am retired and I don't have to tolerate people like Jill and her family in the NICU any more.  Families that act like hers are so exhausting, and made my job as a nurse trying to care for their sick child so much more difficult.  It always amazed me how some families took such advantage of the staff while most other families  did follow all the rules and were wonderful to work with.  I wonder how many complaints from other families are being received by administration.  Most importantly, I feel sorry for that poor baby.  Sadly, this is his life for ever.

Just so entitled! Ugh!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
56 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Typical Jill. The first thing she does is blame the mechanics. 

Yep. Blame the mechanics, Jill. For not magically fixing your 20+ year old RV with heaven knows how many hard miles on it. Which has been housing, and hauling around, a large family for the last several years. 

• Like 22
  • Love 1