Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Ma could qualify for care at home -- and respite care for her caregivers.   But she would have to stay put to get them.   It makes FAR more sense for Ma and Pa to stay in their home and have the adults on a rotation to come stay for a few days/weeks each.   Rather than have Ma AND Pa pack up their lives every couple of months and move to a new location, a new set up for Ma to get used to again and basically start all over.   Pa isn't getting any younger either.   Shuffling around can't be easy for him either.   But they won't because no one wants to be inconvenienced to put their lives on hold for a week to go take care of Mom.

As for Jill and Pride Month -- Suck it Jill.   Other people have a right to exist even if you don't like it.

Yes, Ma probably qualifies for a home health aide who can come in a few days a week, bathe and dress her, do basic assessment of her overall status including checking for pressure sores and following her blood pressure, etc.  They can review her meds, check for any adverse reactions, talk to her doctors if there is something that needs adjusted.  They can also help her do her exercises/therapy and watch family members do the exercises with her to be sure her therapy is done safely and correctly.  I expect they might also inform the family that sitting Ma at the piano and telling her to play for 2 hours straight is not going to be helpful and might actually be harmful.  As it is, it seems like they are not well versed as to what constitutes real progress in her condition and a health care aide might be able to help them understand that forcing her to half walk/half drag down the aisle or to sit at the piano for hours to play from muscle memory is not helpful nor humane.

There are simple things like alphabet boards and flash cards that could help her mother to communicate more effectively, but it seems that Jill, anyway, will accept nothing less than complete cognitive and verbal recovery which is probably very stressful for her mother and depriving her of avenues that could make her life easier.

She and Pa probably also qualify for Meals on Wheels which provides nutritious meals, usually at least a daily meal and a snack.  Their volunteers are also trained to monitor the situation at home and  alert the health care professionals if something seems amiss.

But, to get those services, they have to apply and they have to be available to receive them.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 18
  • Useful 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Yes, Ma probably qualifies for a home health aide who can come in a few days a week, bathe and dress her, do basic assessment of her overall status including checking for pressure sores and following her blood pressure, etc.  They can review her meds, check for any adverse reactions, talk to her doctors if there is something that needs adjusted.  They can also help her do her exercises/therapy and watch family members do the exercises with her to be sure her therapy is done safely and correctly.  I expect they might also inform the family that sitting Ma at the piano and telling her to play for 2 hours straight is not going to be helpful and might actually be harmful.  As it is, it seems like they are not well versed as to what constitutes real progress in her condition and a health care aide might be able to help them understand that forcing her to half walk/half drag down the aisle or to sit at the piano for hours to play from muscle memory is not helpful nor humane.

There are simple things like alphabet boards and flash cards that could help her mother to communicate more effectively, but it seems that Jill, anyway, will accept nothing less than complete cognitive and verbal recovery which is probably very stressful for her mother and depriving her of avenues that could make her life easier.

She and Pa probably also qualify for Meals on Wheels which provides nutritious meals, usually at least a daily meal and a snack.  Their volunteers are also trained to monitor the situation at home and  alert the health care professionals if something seems amiss.

But, to get those services, they have to apply and they have to be available to receive them.

I don’t think she qualifies with only Medicare Part A, but hopefully some services are available for her. They should definitely apply for Meals on Wheels. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
12 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Ma could qualify for care at home -- and respite care for her caregivers.   But she would have to stay put to get them.   It makes FAR more sense for Ma and Pa to stay in their home and have the adults on a rotation to come stay for a few days/weeks each.   Rather than have Ma AND Pa pack up their lives every couple of months and move to a new location, a new set up for Ma to get used to again and basically start all over.   Pa isn't getting any younger either.   Shuffling around can't be easy for him either.   But they won't because no one wants to be inconvenienced to put their lives on hold for a week to go take care of Mom.

As for Jill and Pride Month -- Suck it Jill.   Other people have a right to exist even if you don't like it.

Jill and David, who don't have jobs, don't want to be inconvenienced. The other daughters and sons-in-law, who have jobs and stuff, can't give up their lives for a week each month to take care of Pat. It's not like Amy -- poor SEVERELY PARALYZED INVALID Amy -- would be able to help her mother to the bathroom. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I wonder if Mama.....I mean god, will lay it on Nathan's heart to apply so the Nathan Keller family can move to the beloved amish country closer to mama.

Churches Seeking Pastors

ELLSWORTH, OHIO
(Posted May 13, 2023)

Heritage Baptist Church in Ellsworth, Ohio is seeking a pastor as their current pastor will be retiring soon. The church teaches and preaches exclusively from the KJV, has traditional music, and averages 40 in attendance. The church is debt-free with a nice facility that was built in the 90’s. They are currently running a bus route and support 10 missionaries. Ellsworth is located 15 miles southwest of Youngstown and 40 miles east of Akron. Interested candidates may contact Pastor  G****** for more information or to send a resume (please include your testimony, doctrinal statement, and references). 

Edited by crazy8s
remove pastor's name -
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 2
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder if Mama.....I mean god, will lay it on Nathan's heart to apply so the Nathan Keller family can move to the beloved amish country closer to mama.

What a dilemma for Jill. She can have her precious Nurie and Nemo close, or she can continue to have an excuse to vacation in Florida. I'll put my money on FLORIDA VACATION, but this one is hard to call. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 11

Jill wants free Florida vacations lol.

She has andKaylee to pick on and force to take care of ma. And Rene is not moving far away either. Or timmyyyy and his special pillows.

where is the hill family dog? Haven’t seen the dog…

• Like 11

Congregation of 40.   Whoopie.   How can that support a full time minister and the passel of kids he will have?   Add in that he would have to support Jill and DBD too he just can't swing it.   Safer to stay in Florida and have to only ocassionally support them.

• Like 23
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

How can that support a full time minister and the passel of kids he will have? 

Pretty much all the pastors of small churches I know work full-time jobs precisely for this reason. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
26 minutes ago, Zella said:

Pretty much all the pastors of small churches I know work full-time jobs precisely for this reason. 

yes, a majority of the openings for pastors at the small churches state "this is a Bi-vocational position". Meaning they will have all the duties of a pastor, but will also need another job that pays.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

yes, a majority of the openings for pastors at the small churches state "this is a Bi-vocational position". Meaning they will have all the duties of a pastor, but will also need another job that pays.

Nathan had the lawn care business with this brother, but it's not clear if he's still involved since he and Nurie moved. Does he have a second job now? They do live in a house that belongs to the church, so that saves money. I hope Nurie isn't trying to sell Plexus to supplement their income. That will end up costing them money.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, AstridM said:

I don’t think she qualifies with only Medicare Part A, but hopefully some services are available for her. They should definitely apply for Meals on Wheels. 

Do we know that she doesn't have full Medicare?  Many communities also have locally supported services for the elderly including senior centers where Ma could go for therapy or simply companionship.  There are also plenty of churches, my heathen Catholic parish included, that provide services for the elderly which, while not medical, can be a big help.  My church brings a meal once a week to elderly and disabled members who call the church to sign up.  The volunteers who deliver the meals are trained to spend time with each client, to say a prayer, to also find out if there is something they need or want and try to hook them up to resources in the community.  Alas, it seems Jill's church is pretty much 'every man for himself' except when it comes to Jill, of course.

Local scouting groups, teen service groups and the like also do outreach for seniors providing yard maintenance, meals, cleaning services, etc.  Once again, heathen Catholic kids are often required to do a service project prior to their confirmation as well as during their sophomore year of high school.  My sophomore service was in an apartment building for seniors where I was assigned weekly to do light cleaning for 2 hours for someone.  Usually it was an old lady with about 1000 china figurines that I had to dust and replace just so, but I did it.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Agreed. The Noyses know best. 

Except for when they don't. 

I would love to know what Ma's doctors think of all her shuffling around. There is no way they encourage it or think it is of any benefit to her health.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm wondering if Ma still sees any doctors unless she ends up in the emergency room, as has happened. What is the usual care for someone in her situation? 

I imagine her doctors would expect to see her every few months at least, to monitor her, but Ma and Pa probably don’t want to pay those copays/coinsurance payments. 

• Sad 8
54 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm wondering if Ma still sees any doctors unless she ends up in the emergency room, as has happened. What is the usual care for someone in her situation? 

My experience in a different state was my mother was seen every couple of months at about the point where Ma is with it becoming a monthly check her last four or so years.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 6

Someone please post anything JillR shares about SHP. She’s such a narcissist that she won’t be able to resist. 

She is nails-on-a-chalkboard irritating and a danger to civilized society … but I’m  down for a tantrum.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Christ on a cracker!  That picture is freakin' scary!   It's like of those AI images that hell cooks up ... it's supposed to be a "person" but it is just off somehow.

Creepy! 

It seems there must be some heart-shaped face filter out there somewhere. Jill's is not the first one I've seen.

These were posted 6 days ago. Jill barely looks like the same person in the post above.

image.png.fc903b61e60021d9292b9a12514989a4.png

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

I never understand the Tammy Faye look when Tammy did it, and that sure seems what Jill is going for.  It just doesn’t fit with all the things she throws hissy fits   about.   If you aren’t supposed to wear things that call men’s attention to you, then why can you make your face up to look like that?    She looks like she should be featured in a Law and Order:SVU episode.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 8
  • LOL 6
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

698D7512-650F-4836-9F25-4563B6C9AB8D.jpeg

Don't spring that horror on us so early in the morning! 

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A Bratz Doll. 🤣

image.png.5d552da7c328dfc2ae748a6d869a5b50.png

She is outdoing Darcey and Stacey with the photoshop! 

4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I never understand the Tammy Faye look when Tammy did it, and that sure seems what Jill is going for.  It just doesn’t fit with all the things she throws diatribes  about.   If you aren’t supposed to wear things that’s call men’s attention to you, then why can you make your face up to look like that? 

Tammy Faye could pull it off in an odd way. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
51 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Christ on a cracker!  That picture is freakin' scary!   It's like of those AI images that hell cooks up ... it's supposed to be a "person" but it is just off somehow.

Creepy! 

Edited to add: omg I can't stop looking at it!  She's taken off 30 years and 40 pounds ... and her eyes!  I feel like I am watching the end of Rosemary's Baby!  What have you done to his eyes?  You maniacs! 

And what about the shape of “her” eyebrows? 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I feel like I am watching the end of Rosemary's Baby!  What have you done to his eyes?  You maniacs! 

And the caption beckons "Come join us!" no less 😁

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Since someone pointed out her cold sores on lips I can’t stop noticing her

cold sores!

I thought plexus cures that! In all seriousness, I am sure it is a combination of poor diet (I see plexus) and lack of sleep. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Since Jill has provided a closeup, that bump below her cheek, next to her mouth, seems to be getting bigger. At least the photo makes it look that way. She should get it checked along with her unfiltered puffy neck. There could be some health issues that need attention. 

Let me add that I care about her health only because a sick Jill makes a ton of extra work for her daughters. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Creepy! 

Edited to add: omg I can't stop looking at it!  She's taken off 30 years and 40 pounds ... and her eyes!  I feel like I am watching the end of Rosemary's Baby!  What have you done to his eyes?  You maniacs! 

My favorite scary movie!!!!

I am mesmerized by her brows.  I am not sure I have ever seen such a thick application of brow jazz before!  Her hair tone in the pic is much better for her than the blonde.  Look!  I said something nice about the crazy lady!

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems there must be some heart-shaped face filter out there somewhere. Jill's is not the first one I've seen.

These were posted 6 days ago. Jill barely looks like the same person in the post above.

image.png.fc903b61e60021d9292b9a12514989a4.png

Wonder if she uses a lighter or match to heat up her eyeliner?  HA!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, zenme said:

I remember that too! My mom would always get mad at me for having a lighter. 
Who wants to make a guess about what type of makeup she uses? 

Wet and Wild? Though I have used it before. Loved their blush but they never have it anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Wet and Wild? Though I have used it before. Loved their blush but they never have it anymore. 

I take that back, I was trying to remember the name of the brand I see at the dollar store... LA Colors. And I have used the eyeshadow on occasion! 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Don't spring that horror on us so early in the morning! 

She is outdoing Darcey and Stacey with the photoshop! 

Tammy Faye could pull it off in an odd way. 

Tammy Faye was so over done, but you just couldn't look away.  She was a very unique person.

• Like 8