Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

When did the pastor give them that huge dining room table with no reciprocation? That's when they wore out their welcome. 😃

Perhaps the pastor and other congregants had enough of Jill's constant filming, horrible singing, trying to dominate the church as well as the male Rodrigui constantly wanting to preach.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
46 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In April, Jill wrote that "Phillip is nearing his last semester at Massillon Bible College and is doing great [as shown on his test]." This sounds as if he is finishing his last semester at the college. 

If Jill had written something like this: Phillip is finishing his first year, or Philip is near the end of his first year, or Phillip is finishing his second semester, her meaning might have been clear. 

But Best Homeschooling Mama Ever strikes again. Poor kids. Three years at a tiny, uncredited Bible college will probably make Phillip considerably more literate than his teacher, Jillybean the Plexus Queen.  

Yep it was poorly written, leading to much speculation that he had left after just one year instead of the originally planned three. I was hoping that she had misspoke and he wasn't really done forever, but you never know with this family. I think Phillip has now completed more college* education than Timmy did.

*I use that term in the loosest sense

• Like 11
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Perhaps the pastor and other congregants had enough of Jill's constant filming, horrible singing, trying to dominate the church as well as the male Rodrigui constantly wanting to preach.

Timcel and Kaylee's church has a choir. I don't think they'd take Jill's screeching well.

Just now, all fall down said:

Yep it was poorly written, leading to much speculation that he had left after just one year instead of the originally planned three. I was hoping that she had misspoke and he wasn't really done forever, but you never know with this family. I think Phillip has now completed more college* education than Timmy did.

Timcel lasted at least one semester at Moody and a semester and a half at Fox Valley. Right now it's about a tie. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Timcel and Kaylee's church has a choir. I don't think they'd take Jill's screeching well.

Timcel lasted at least one semester at Moody and a semester and a half at Fox Valley. Right now it's about a tie. 

And those were real schools. 

• Like 9
10 hours ago, jacourt said:

Is there not one inch of space in that house that doesn't have some crappy dust collector on it. 

If you ever feel the need to sneeze, just pull up any picture of the interior of Jill's barndo.  Works every time.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

8586FF63-4F0B-4DBE-8C67-D10922A8B7B8.jpeg

CFA64839-1D3A-4730-B0D6-185CFE60C54B.jpeg

How's that weed smell, Jill?  I hope it triggered your allergies.  OH WAIT - never mind, Plexus fixed that.

If your income is so amazing, feed your kids and buy them shoes that fit.

• Like 5
  • Applause 19
27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

EC737358-7866-4ABB-A9C7-E0A24204764A.jpeg

5C3BDCE5-089B-4B4F-B4EA-91BEFD336E1C.jpeg

If flying out from the airport makes it so difficult then they should drive and that should solve the problem. Freaking idiot.

Nemo is wearing Nike, BME never gets her kids anything nice. Name brand goodies are only for BME.

• Sad 10
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

If flying out from the airport makes it so difficult then they should drive and that should solve the problem. Freaking idiot.

Nemo is wearing Nike, BME never gets her kids anything nice. Name brand goodies are only for BME.

Enjoy it now because when they have 10+ kids, there will be no name brands. 

• Like 10
41 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

285AE91C-2BBB-44E4-8719-A18794F0B54E.jpeg

Looks like this convention is in June and if BME wants to go to the gala, she needs 3,000 credits. But she probably says she doesn’t attend because of the immodest outfits and alcohol. Sure Jan.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like this convention is in June and if BME wants to go to the gala, she needs 3,000 credits. But she probably says she doesn’t attend because of the immodest outfits and alcohol. Sure Jan.

Oh, she is dying to attend, immodest outfits and all. Isn't she renting a place in Nashville? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
(edited)

I'm glad the Nurthans fly out from airports. I was afraid they were jumping off cliffs to get airborne. 

Is Jill's Plexus push shot in the same field in the same clothes as her Everybody's So Mean to Me complaint? That was a quick change of mood. I guess the invitation to Nashville helped. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 19
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm glad the Nurthans fly out from airports. I was afraid they were jumping off of cliffs to get airborne. 

Is Jill's Plexus push shot in the same field in the same clothes as her Everybody's So Mean to Me complaint? That was a quick change of mood. I guess the invitation to Nashville helped. 

She's been planning Nashville for a while. Just didn't disclose until now WHY she was going. But this conference was no secret, so there! 🙃

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Am I reading this right? She’s eligible to win 150$, she didn’t actually win it. It’s not much to brag about. She probably thinks Plexus is so generous to give them prizes, but in reality they have to spend a lot of money to have a chance to win.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Am I reading this right? She’s eligible to win 150$, she didn’t actually win it. It’s not much to brag about. She probably thinks Plexus is so generous to give them prizes, but in realitywhen they have to spend a lot of money to have a chance to win.

Sounds like she has to spend it at the conference so surprisingly Plexus is the real winner. 

• Like 16
11 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I’m guessing that you’re exactly right!

11 hours ago, all fall down said:

And all because they use the RIGHT kind of Bible.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Am I reading this right? She’s eligible to win 150$, she didn’t actually win it. It’s not much to brag about. She probably thinks Plexus is so generous to give them prizes, but in reality they have to spend a lot of money to have a chance to win.

That $150 wouldn’t even cover her gas to get there.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Good eye!  But I get it - when you've spent hours on your makeup, hair, nails and accessories, and then worked very hard to pair your sexy flashy modest black spangled blouse with a purple and blue pattered skirt and you're looking very hot but not in a heathen way, you've got to make the most of those photo shoots.  So she knocked off the haters and gave praise to Plexus in one afternoon.  That's good time management.  I'm sure the kids were just fine while she was off playing Nice Christian Supermodel in the field of (hopefully) poison ivy.

1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Sounds like she has to spend it at the conference so surprisingly Plexus is the real winner. 

So you shill Plexus, Plexus gives you points, those points transfer into cash but you can only use the cash towards more Plexus at the Plexus conference in Nashville for which you have to pay your own transportation and lodging.  Sounds fantastic, sign me up - I have always wanted to see Nashville from the inside of a Holiday Inn conference room.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 15
(edited)

In the middle of the night (Jilly Prime Time) she posted a screed about God's people should have nothing to do with alcohol. If this conference is anywhere near downtown Nashville, she is going to see a ton of alcohol and drunks. Prepare for a shocked post when she encounters pedal taverns & obnoxious bachelorette parties.

Edited to add: looked it up. She'll only be half a mile from lower Broadway, where a lot of the honky tonks & tourist traps are.

Edited by Turquoise
  • Like 13
6 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

What the hell does flying out from the airport mean?  Does it mean they’re flying home? Why not just say that. 

She can’t because her ignorance is cavernous.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
9 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

In the middle of the night (Jilly Prime Time) she posted a screed about God's people should have nothing to do with alcohol. If this conference is anywhere near downtown Nashville, she is going to see a ton of alcohol and drunks. Prepare for a shocked post when she encounters pedal taverns & obnoxious bachelorette parties.

1A0FC20A-B7CC-497B-9721-47B6EA290A19.jpeg

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 13

Pedal taverns?   Are those what I think they are and how can I find one?

In the first airport pic, Newman looks like he's trying to get away from Dave.   In the second one, Nemo is all "Why is this crazy lady holding me?  Get me out of here."

"600 points or more"  You know Jill is going to spin that to say everyone gets that once they hit 600 points and she had enough to go to Gala but chose not to.  Because she might have to look at alcohol.  

• Like 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Pedal taverns?   Are those what I think they are and how can I find one?

LOL...probably. They're literally a bar on wheels, and instead of bar stools it's ringed by bicycle seats/pedals (no handlebars, you're seated at the bar). They're extremely popular in Nashville, and locals generally are not fans because they can cause some nasty traffic snarls. The bar has an engine so you really don't *have* to pedal to make it move, but a lot do.

Pedal_Tavern_2013-14.jpg

Edited by Turquoise
Added pic
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, AstridM said:

1A0FC20A-B7CC-497B-9721-47B6EA290A19.jpeg

She does know that Jesus drank wine and not grape juice? She needs to give up Olive Garden asap because they have wine displayed when you walk in (at least the ones I have been to do). Plus she could see a tray with filled wine glasses go past her table! The horror! 

She is really stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

LOL...probably. They're literally a bar on wheels, and instead of bar stools it's ringed by bicycle seats/pedals (no handlebars, you're seated at the bar). They're extremely popular in Nashville, and locals generally are not fans because they can cause some nasty traffic snarls. The bar has an engine so you really don't *have* to pedal to make it move, but a lot do.

We saw one of those one year on vacation. I can't remember where but I want to say Michigan. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Does the KJV Jesus turn water into wine or does it only happen in the other versions of the bible?

Well per Pa Keller it’s really grape juice that they just call wine in the Bible. Or some such nonsense.

Edited by ozziemom
  • LOL 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Well per Pa Keller it’s really grape juice that they just call wine in the Bible. Or some such nonsense.

I'm no theological student, but AFAIK there's a longstanding train of argument that what Jesus created was non-alcoholic. I think it's strong among certain groups of protestants, perhaps mainly evangelicals, who eschew drinking alcohol. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Can't even LOOK at alcohol?  That must make grocery shopping very difficult.

Jill's probably trained her kids to drop their heads and chant "Nike" "hummingbird" while passing bottles of alcoholic beverages or heathens consuming the contents.   

Jill would support a Constitutional amendment against drinking alcohol. Oh, that's been tried. What's the point of the kids wearing patriotic shirts if the Constitution isn't taught in the Rodrigues Academy Homeskool? 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 8
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's probably trained her kids to drop their heads and chant "Nike" "hummingbird" while passing bottles of alcoholic beverages or heathens consuming the contents.   

Jill would support a Constitutional amendment against drinking alcohol. Oh, that's been tried. What's the point of the kids wearing patriotic shirts if the Constitution isn't taught in the Rodrigues Academy Homeskool? 

How can she teach something she doesn't have a clue about? Aside from the Second Amendment, that is. They love their guns! 🙄

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guarantee the music is not up to Jill's high standards. The choir needs cowbells, original hymns with bad rhymes, and a LOUD soprano voice to honor God the correct way.

The end of Jill and Dave's relationship with this church is already written. Let the show begin. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10