Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I thought master mechanic and hummingbird juice affecionado David fixed that RV

That’s why it’s broken! That Dave can’t do anything right!

Mr Fix it he is not. 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1

Do Kaylee and Jonathan have enough vehicle/space to retrieve Jill and all the kids and all their stuff?  Jill's makeup and hair extensions alone would fill up an average car trunk.  And you know she ain't leaving that stuff behind! 

I guess she can make Sophia walk home.   Mahmo needs the space for her rolling makeup bag and her trunk filled with nail polish and her hair dryer and her curling irons and her collection of white shoes ...

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

How much does a new rv cost?

Just googled it and Google says between 50K and 100K.   But honestly I have been looking at motorhomes (mostly class b or travel trailers) and finding a class C which they have for 50K is a pipe dream.  100K or more is likely.  

But yeah, heaven forbid these lazy grifters actually work and earn money to buy their own damn traveling circus vehicle.  Or even have a job to pay for real repairs instead of Dave patching a belt.   Big surprise it blew out again.   Also if they stayed home instead of going on grift tours, they wouldn't be putting so many miles on an old rv that is on its last legs.    

• Like 24

Jonathan drove a van with the little kids, Kaylee drove a van too I believe, with 3 girls and Jill. David drove a car with Snuggles. They said they would go back to the RV the next day.

At least one of the girls was walking around with no shoes,  on the side of the road. Jill sat and filmed as everyone unloaded their crap. At one point David asked her if everyone was accounted for. Jill said I think so, and continued to film.

Let the grifting commence.

4CEA9844-66AB-4339-A58E-76B8FA2C8058.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

How much does a new rv cost?

14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Just googled it and Google says between 50K and 100K.   But honestly I have been looking at motorhomes (mostly class b or travel trailers) and finding a class C which they have for 50K is a pipe dream.  100K or more is likely.  

But yeah, heaven forbid these lazy grifters actually work and earn money to buy their own damn traveling circus vehicle.  Or even have a job to pay for real repairs instead of Dave patching a belt.   Big surprise it blew out again.   Also if they stayed home instead of going on grift tours, they wouldn't be putting so many miles on an old rv that is on its last legs.    

I believe they are driving a Class A, which is the biggest size RV. I remember photos Jill posted on SM, of David driving their RV. It looked like he was driving a bus, and Class As basically look like buses. Also, I just don't see how they could jam everyone into a Class C. There are different sizes of Class A's, of course, and there may be bigger ones than what the Rods are driving.

[Odd fact of RV life: the biggest ones are called Class As. The smallest ones - basically van sized - are Class Bs. And the middle size are Class Cs. Go figure.]

I didn't dive too deeply into it, but I think the starting price for a new Class A is about $100K, and it goes up quickly from there. I agree with @merylinkid - RVs can really age out and can be high maintenance. I don't know how old the Rods' RV is, but it's probably in its high maintenance years by now. Didn't they actually live in it full time for awhile before Jill grifted the WVa house? It may need a new engine after this recent breakdown.

I've also read that the life expectancy of a Class A runs around ten years. And don't forget they are gas hogs. I've read recommendations of having a diesel engine in a Class A instead of a gas engine, for mileage/cost purposes. Again, Class A's aren't really in my wheelhouse. I've seriously looked into Class B's (the vans) but not Class A's.

• Like 5
  • Useful 8

Oops, mixed up class A and Class C.   Like I said been looking at Class Bs mostly so forgot which one is the bus like one.     

Honestly starting to think when God called DBD to full time ministry He/She/It/They got a wrong number and are trying to drop hints that the Rod parental units should get jobs and SUPPORT THEIR KIDS.  

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

At first I was angry thinking that Jill was filming a "woe is me" video on the side of a highway instead of making sure all of her children, especially the little girls, weren't getting too close to the road but then I remembered, that's what the older girls are for.  Hopefully Jill found a comfortable rock to sit on while Renee freshened up Mahmo's hair and makeup before going live on-air.

So if the van is broken, no more grift tours for awhile?  Whatever will Jill do?

It makes me nervous because at least if they're on the road grifting, the chances for the kids to get a decent meal increases.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 17
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Oops, mixed up class A and Class C.   Like I said been looking at Class Bs mostly so forgot which one is the bus like one.     

Honestly starting to think when God called DBD to full time ministry He/She/It/They got a wrong number and are trying to drop hints that the Rod parental units should get jobs and SUPPORT THEIR KIDS.  

Amen!! 

(No worries about the RV classes, they mess with my mind too.)

Also, found a screenshot from JillR's roadside breakdown video:

Screenshot-2023-04-24-at-6_24.32-AM.jpg.302a550c3a42bb8dda9c7d1684d44373.jpg

I don't know, or care, much about Class As. But I looked around on the RV Trader site, and found a listing for a 2001 Class A, going cheap, and it looks like the Rods': https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2001-Fleetwood-Discovery-5024444100

discovery2001.thumb.jpg.272dfeca1b0330f8bd0e6c3c104aac90.jpgS

I don't know if the Rods' RV is that old, of course. I don't see any way the Rods could get a really nice new-ish Class A. Unless of course Dave gets, like, a paying JOB or starts to WORK at his own BUSINESS. I'm channelling Jill here, capitalizing words for emphasis. Big words that are SCARY to Preacher David. 🤣

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

wow Jill looks creepy AF in that first video ... it's getting dark and her face is in shadow and she looks like she has two giant black holes where her eyes should be.  She looks like a ghoul!  A ghoul with its hand out, begging for money prayers, lol

edited to add: I think she said they've had the RV for nine years and I doubt they bought it new, so it's pretty old.  And it's filthy, too.  They show David sitting there and the white seat he's in is nasty dirty!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 15

If they crammed 13 kids into a big RV, surely they can down size with two gone and two ready to leave. And of course Phil will be in Hungary soon. 😁

Here's one for $50,000 they could all squeeze into. Boys on the overhead bunk, girls on the couch/bed and J&D in the back. Really it should be the girls in the back, but, you know - J&D.

image.thumb.png.14a948965ea5de5268b462e6945dcc3c.png

image.thumb.png.a010bbe75e305519a30e85b6fa755373.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

I will not say a prayer for ms raccoon eyes and her hunk. Those 2 need jobs not prayers.

Guess Tim/Philip will have to come up with $ for an RV fund. Goodbye college and a wedding.

Gee Jill maybe you should have saved the stimulus $ instead of building an upstairs attic and the map room for hunk.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Is the now-dead RV also known as the "stink bus"?

All those unbathed people crammed into that tight space for days? Yes. 

I'm curious how Jill's going to grift her way out of this situation. Her Gofundme and donation pleas for Mama's broken brain didn't go very well. I'd like to think that God is tired of these two slugs, but Jill has surprised me more than once. 

• Like 12

They probably make "pallets" for a lot of the kids that don't fit in beds.  Remember "octomom"?  She somehow has managed to raise all those children and says they mostly all sleep in sleeping bags in their house.  She is also vegan because she says it is less expensive.  Not making a judgement on that, just an observation that while we all like sleeping in real beds, maybe that is not the case for these grifters.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm curious how Jill's going to grift her way out of this situation. Her Gofundme and donation pleas for Mama's broken brain didn't go very well. I'd like to think that God is tired of these two slugs, but Jill has surprised me more than once. 

I wonder if Jill practices visualization. Maybe at this very moment, she's visualizing herself getting a big pile of donations leading to a brand new stink bus and visualizing herself going live to thank the Lord for providing for them. She'll probably forget to give thanks to the donors. And scene!

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder if Jill practices visualization. Maybe at this very moment, she's visualizing herself getting a big pile of donations leading to a brand new stink bus and visualizing herself going live to thank the Lord for providing for them. She'll probably forget to give thanks to the donors. And scene!

I'm guessing she's scrolling through her friends' lists on FB & IG figuring out who has an RV or big pockets.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Don’t some of the Duggars have various sizes of RV’s? Maybe they can help the Rods out. IIRC JB had a big bus like vehicle that he bought from a hockey team or something. Not sure if he still has it or if they use it anymore, but there are always a lot of used RV’s around. Jed! probably has something at his car lot right now!

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

God is not involved in their lives.

• Like 6

Jill and hunky will get a vehicle gifted to them or get one for cheap ASAP.

God always provides them with whatever they need.

Jill will shriek how happy she is that God gave her a way to continue to grift across the USA.

These 2 grifters always manage to get stuff for free.

I am so disgusted that there are always people who donate stuff/$ to those 2 lazy losers.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Also if they stayed home instead of going on grift tours, they wouldn't be putting so many miles on an old rv that is on its last legs.    

Staying home would be a big deal.  They could skip the whole RV mess and expense.  I know that doesn't fit Jill's plans, but it's long past time she grew up.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wonder how much it costs for a new engine and to tow the RV home.

Tow home  who payed? Tim/Jon/Nathan/Philip/Grandpa?

Don’t forget Mystery Man. Where did Jonathan and Kaylee get two vans?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

One was their minivan. The second was the Rod's van. 

Oh, I thought the Rod’s van fell from being towed by the RV. K&J are on their first baby and already own a minivan. 

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Oh, I thought the Rod’s van fell from being towed by the RV. K&J are on their first baby and already own a minivan. 

In one of Jill's later Lives, she mentioned that Jonathan had taken one of the bench seats out of the van. This tracks with the Rod's travel van. The women rode home in Kaylee's minivan. 

We should know by now that present situation excepted, she exaggerates everything.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Oh, I thought the Rod’s van fell from being towed by the RV. 

I think what Jill said was that the fan fell out of the stink bus when the belt broke .... which translates to "the old pantyhose Dave "repaired" the belt with melted and the fan he had duct taped into place was knocked loose and busted all to hell on the highway pavement."  

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 16

I want to think Jill's and David's mega grifting power is declining. Their usual donors are neither numerous enough nor rich enough to fund big purchases like a replacement RV, while the family's hateful rhetoric and toxic beliefs are exposed  enough now to create a general online backlash. 

I suspect the Mission Coalition they belong to will help out, however. This group may be the "mystery man" that steps in to bail them out of impossible situations once in a while. 

• Like 15

Yeah, I think the Mission Coalition has got to be the source of a good chunk of their income. While I don't buy for a second that DBD is selling his pamphlets at less than cost, I also can't see them turning enough profit to fund their lifestyle with the printing press alone. As for the grift tours, they aren't playing at megachurches and filling up the dearly departed stink bus isn't cheap. 

Will a new RV grift be successful? Hard to know. If they have some sweet friends who parked their RV when gas prices went through the roof, or who got caught up in the 2020 craze and just aren't into it anymore, they might get something.

• Like 7

It's kind of a hard knock life that Jill and Dave have chosen for themselves and their offspring. At least it can be, when they have to move in the middle of the night or one of their crummy vehicles breaks down. Of course there is also a lack of food and fun. These fundies, who choose not to work for anyone else, make their lives so much harder when they could just go to work like the rest of us!

• Like 10
  • Applause 4

Jilly should read a bit further in Galatians for what the fruit of the spirit actually involves because she doesn't seem to be a very biblical example of most of them.

Galatians 22-26 kjv

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

• Like 12
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1