Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hee!  Reminds me of the wedding in the movie Sixteen Candles!

That crooked headpiece bugs me.  Maybe if BME had ratted her hair evenly, it would hang properly. 

So funny—I almost posted that. Or the scene from Friends when Monica didn’t want her folks to know she was dunk. 

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

What “correction “ could he possibly have needed? 🤦‍♀️

Anything he believed that was contrary to what Jill believes. Now that the deed (hee hee) is done, I hope he wises up and keeps Jill in check. 

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

it was something along the lines of they help him in his walk with the lord and when he makes mistakes they help him through it

This is interesting. To me, it sounds as if Jonathan doesn't do or believe exactly what Jill and David think he should, he gets "corrected." Jonathan's family probably has similar religious beliefs, but this sounds like indoctrination into the Rodrigues cult. 

• Sad 15
  • Love 4

If Jonathan and Kaylee have her parents over for dinner, shouldn't Jonathan dip up first? Kaylee would WANT to follow the HOLY example her mother provided. A video of the expression on DBD and BME's faces would be priceless.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Okay, I tried to listen to Timbits. I made it maybe five minutes. 

He spent about two of those minutes demonstrating his ignorance where podcasts themselves are concerned. He seems to think that they have to do with content. He has no clue that they aren't videos posted on YouTube. 

He then rambled on about donning the armor to do battle for Jesus. He intimated that people who weren't steeped in Jesus 24/7/365 weren't going where they think. He dabbled in free will, but concluded that God knows your decisions and where you'll end up. So, it sounds like he's in the predestination camp, although he didn't use the actual terminology. 

He may have used the terminology later, but that's when I rolled my eyes and shut him down. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He dabbled in free will, but concluded that God knows your decisions and where you'll end up.

When he was away at college, he tried to think for himself but Mahmo shut that right down and made him come home.  

Everyone knows where you will end up if you try to get away from Mahmo -- in an rv in the driveway.

• Like 4
  • Sad 17
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So, it sounds like he's in the predestination camp, although he didn't use the actual terminology. 

He may have used the terminology later, but that's when I rolled my eyes and shut him down. 

Of course he didn’t say predestination. Can you imagine how difficult it’ll be for him to pronounce the word? That is if he’s familiar with the word. Add that unresolved speech issue and Incel Tim is screwed.

Is the YouTube channel under his name?

Edited by SMama
Typo
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Of course he didn’t say predestination. Can you imagine how difficult it’ll be for him to pronounce the word? That is if he’s familiar with the word. Add that unresolved speech issue and Incel Tim is screwed.

Is the YouTube channel under his name?

LOL, of course he doesn't know the word. And his voice! Nails on a chalkboard are preferable. Good luck if you dare to venture in! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Jill's trying to get people to watch her newest YouTube video. She says it's PACKED with events, including "Kaylee's last moments with us."

I can't roll my eyes hard enough. So.much.drama. Also not giving her any clicks.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 11/13/2022 at 11:29 PM, Lady Edith said:

Imho Kaylee is the prettiest of the of-age Rod girls. Conspiracy theory…Jill is jealous of Kaylee and did whatever she could to diminish her in other peoples’ eyes…whether it be posting awkward pics of her on SM or making her look like a disheveled mess on her wedding day…while Jill, herself, was put together 100%.  Kaylee, I’m so sorry that you looked so crooked on your wedding day. Now you are going to have to look at these wedding pics with your side-slant veil for the rest of your life.  Why did no one tell her?!?!?

I've said before that Jill wants her daughters to look like crap so that she herself looks better in comparison. Disheveled mess is right. I felt sorry for Nurie, but I think I feel worse for Kaylee. 

• Sad 15
17 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Jill's trying to get people to watch her newest YouTube video. She says it's PACKED with events, including "Kaylee's last moments with us."

I can't roll my eyes hard enough. So.much.drama. Also not giving her any clicks.

Oh FFS! The girl got married and will live five miles away and still under her thumb. I wish just one of them would pull a Turpin and help the others be deprogrammed and free. 

• Like 14
  • Love 9

I watched just a brief clip on the NotNurie's Instagram of a video of Jonathan doing his cousin's make-up.  It was meant to be a bit of a joke.  I'm wondering if this was the cousin photographer?  I was super surprised at how "with it" she seemed, articulate and funny.  It was like an interaction between a popular High School girl who was trying to make the class nerd feel accepted.  He was awkward and nerdy, but he didn't seem dangerous like Tim.  It made me feel better for Kaylee.  He was at least trying to have a little fun.  

It was really just my initial impression since I didn't want to waste too much time watching the whole thing!

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Jill loves drama. If Phillip ever gets on a plane to Hungary, Jill will have a funeral for him-- featuring a poem to her late son written and read by Jill. Then she and Hunk will take off for lunch at the Nice Olive Garden. 

I don't think Kaylee looked any better or worse than Nurie at their respective weddings. Both needed a haircut. Kaylee, however, scored a much better reception. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

I watched just a brief clip on the NotNurie's Instagram of a video of Jonathan doing his cousin's make-up.  It was meant to be a bit of a joke.  I'm wondering if this was the cousin photographer?  I was super surprised at how "with it" she seemed, articulate and funny.  It was like an interaction between a popular High School girl who was trying to make the class nerd feel accepted.  He was awkward and nerdy, but he didn't seem dangerous like Tim.  It made me feel better for Kaylee.  He was at least trying to have a little fun.  

It was really just my initial impression since I didn't want to waste too much time watching the whole thing!

Kaylee has IG?

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I watched just a brief clip on the NotNurie's Instagram of a video of Jonathan doing his cousin's make-up.  It was meant to be a bit of a joke.  I'm wondering if this was the cousin photographer?  

Yes, that is the same cousin, Hallie that was "Our Photographer" .

• Like 2
On 11/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, Panopticon said:

This is the woman who bragged about beating her toddler in an arts and crafts competition. So, yes, she’d sabotage her least favorite daughter the bride.

This is also the woman who posted Kaylee’s injured face on FB after she had been in a wreck.  She also implied that Kaylee was the one who caused the wreck.  I think Jill is very jealous of Kaylee.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:44 PM, Cinnabon said:

What “correction “ could he possibly have needed? 🤦‍♀️

That he and Kaylee should live close to Kaylee’s family.

• Sad 9

She posted a picture of her mother bruised. I’m not going to post that.

My Mom attended the wedding and miraculously walked down the aisle with some assistance from my brother-in-law Jordan & my Dad.  Unfortunately though, a few days after the wedding, she was doing so well, that she tried to get out of bed by herself to go to the bathroom.  She fell and hit her head and broke her hip!  😢😭  She had to have surgery to fix it and had another hospital stay.  😢  She is home now, but in a lot of pain to walk.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  🙏

00DB537B-06B2-440E-A05F-8B1EC0DE6431.jpeg

CBE076FA-18B4-48F9-BD51-1A29BCAE5A29.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 12
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Kaylee is not in an ankle length dress as they railed about being necessary in one of Jill’s modesty videos!! 

They dress is very form-fitting. Saw a full length picture as she was getting into the car. Her ass could clearly have been a stumbling block.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

They dress is very form-fitting. Saw a full length picture as she was getting into the car. Her ass could clearly have been a stumbling block.

😱 how dare she!

and they had posted a scathing video about how children of godly families relax their dress standards as soon as they marry, which THEY would never do. 

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Did they have a magic show at the reception?

It appears so!

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, awaken said:

😱 how dare she!

and they had posted a scathing video about how children of godly families relax their dress standards as soon as they marry, which THEY would never do. 

Bullshit!  Jill has sometimes worn skirts that barely skim her knees.

• Like 2

I saw the pic Jill posted of Ma's black eye. Jill is a horrid person, with such weird ideas about child rearing and "honoring" her father and mother. She's really an awful person.

ETA: Also? The only thing that probably bothers Jill about Ma's black eye pic is that her hair is a mess and she's not wearing a gallon of face paint. The black eye means nothing to Jill.

Edited by BetyBee
One More Thought About Awful Jill
  • Like 5
  • Sad 10
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Staring adoringly at her man.

7E035229-8640-4AA4-AA40-F3B23E2C5E1A.jpeg

Jill and her main squeeze 

D50BC44B-B720-487E-ABFA-7986C5ACEED3.jpeg

Jill didn’t provide any $ of food. She is a cheap a$$.

01646C34-CB7C-4A5C-8D21-DEA579E32E59.jpeg

I’ve decided that the reception meal consisted of different types of soups and a salad, along with different types of bread/cracker to go with the soups.  Hopefully BME didn’t contribute any of her slop to the meal.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Was Ma's accident the result of overexerting herself at the wedding and the whole trip in general? A broken hip is a serious setback, and her brain doesn't need a concussion. 

I would say that had to be a contributing factor, for sure.  They need to let this poor woman have some rest, peace and quiet in order to appropriately heal as best as she can.  Instead, they are constantly bombarding her with "visits" and dragging her around to public events.  What a bunch of idiotic morons.

But Ma and Pa raised this beast and it was their parenting decisions that lead to some of this circus so they are not entirely blameless (not that Ma deserves any of this).  

The focus of Kaylee's crown is of course how crooked it is, but the fact that it's smooshing down her bangs so she has to look up from under her hair may be driving me even more nuts!

• Like 8
  • Love 10