Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think it is cute but I tend to favor older homes..yes even as old as this. I would insist on good insulation but other than that I could live with it.

Agree- I think it looks perfectly cute for a young couple, and not in terrible shape. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

How did they afford a house already?    They were going to be living in that hideous basement (maybe the sweet couple he was renting from saw Jill's "renovations" and kicked him out.) I thought.    Isn't Phillip his boss?   Phillip who is now in school.    

Of COURSE Jill will decorate it to her taste and it will be horrible.    Jill will claim that they BEGGED her to decorate it for them because Bestest Mamma ever has the bestest taste.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2

Poor Jill. Not only does she have Kaylee's wedding to take over and ruin, Nurie's baby to deliver in Florida, and her own very special anniversary to celebrate all month, now she has Kaylee and and Jonathan's house to fill with tacky treasures. That means lots of shopping and eating out. All of this is on top of the usual singing tours, grifting, vacation planning, and Plexus shilling to keep her silver star. That's a lot for a woman her age. She'll need to drink up her own Plexus stock just to stay on her feet. At least she has a house full of servants to help.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

How did they afford a house already?    They were going to be living in that hideous basement (maybe the sweet couple he was renting from saw Jill's "renovations" and kicked him out.) I thought.    Isn't Phillip his boss?   Phillip who is now in school.    

Jill said Jonathan is Phillip’s boss.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, awaken said:

Agree- I think it looks perfectly cute for a young couple, and not in terrible shape. 

I think it is fine for a young couple just starting out.  It will look better once they dump the old people furniture; but, knowing BME, they'll probably end up with worse.

The kitchen looks to be a nice size and not in terrible shape.  Something needs to be done with the bathrooms, but not an urgent need, IMO.

It needs some updating and remodeling, but it doesn't look awful to me.  There are plenty of people living in similar housing in that area.  It looks like the sort of house people built by themselves back in the 1800's.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 8
  • Love 4

I remember that a bunch of the Rod family descended on Nurthan's first house and did some "redecorating" that included what appeared to be a messy paint job on the kitchen cabinets. I wouldn't be surprised if BME meddles with Not-Nurie's nearby house just as much. Or more, since it's so near the Barndo. Maybe David will use some of his many wonderful skilz to do some remodeling. *snert*

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

The patio chairs, the flyswatter on a hook on the kitchen wall and the extension cord running from the ceiling fan in the dining room to a wall outlet, made it sort of endearing to me in an odd way. We have a bunch of nieces and nephews in the first house/first rental stage of life and I can picture any or all of them doing all 3 in a home and being totally happy with it.

I think of our first apt and furniture and yikes was it bad. the patio chairs just might have been a better option 😂

the blurb on zillow also mentioned a wood burning stove that had to be removed for renters that was included with the house and could be re installed.

"Great starter home on just under a quarter acre in Triway school district. Situated at the end of a dead end access road with four total parcels. Hard to find a property in this price range out in the country that doesn't require fixes to move in but this one is in fine shape. Original hardwood floors in the main living area. Dining room used to have a coal/wood burning stove when it was not a rental but had to be removed. It is still stored on the property and will stay so new owner could hook that back up. Kitchen is delightfully spacious and offers lots of cabinet and counter space. Laundry is located right off of the kitchen along with both baths. Furnace is newer and uses fuel oil. Two window air units adequately cool the living space and will stay with the property along with all kitchen appliances plus washer and dryer. Why rent when you could own for less?"

• Like 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Triway school district.

Somehow I don't think the school district was a selling point for these folks (yes I know its from the listing).   We all know none of those kids will let their kids go to public school.   They will raise another generation of illiterate, uneducated idiots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 21
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I don't think the basement was ever intended for Kaylee. It was temporary accomodations for Jonathan after he moved to Ohio from Mississippi  so he could have someplace cheap (free?) to stay while he worked and saved his money for a house, by the time he married Kaylee. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Jonathan is Phillip's boss. IF Phillip is still working, that is. We have no clue about that or what they actually do.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

It reminds me of the first house my best friend and her husband bought.  It looks outdated and old. The rooms were so tiny. It had no closets, there was like one outlet per room.  The insulation was poor due to it originally being a summer home (we live in the midwest) and I remember the bathroom had a VERY low ceiling. My husband had to crouch down to use the toilet. It did have a big yard going for it but it was on a very busy road with truck traffic. 

They managed to live there about 3 years. When there second child was born, they outgrew it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I love me a fixer-upper, but not one with antique wiring and lead pipes. Lets hope someone updated that already.

I hope they had a professional inspection (and I don't mean by David) to uncover any dangers or expensive repairs. 

I looked on Zillow at properties in the area. Housing is very cheap compared with where I live. There are bigger houses in the 30k-40k price range in Wayne County, but I didn't see any photos of the interiors or the surroundings. $85,000 could mean a better location or indicate significant updates. I hope Jon and Kaylee didn't pay a premium to be close to BME. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

when Jill was blabbering about them getting the house at whichever grift event, people on reddit thought she said the house was being bought with a mortgage at a 7% int rate. I doubt Jonathan has any credit history so maybe that is why it would be so high.

but the taxes are low and Jonathan has seemed to be working since he moved to Amish country. Who knows what he had saved up prior to that. Maybe he "has been burdened on being financial secure for a finding a wife" for years and saved any money for that goal rather than taking flying lessons or traveling with a family grifting show like the Rod boys have done.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

I have a thought. Maybe one of the conditions of BME and hunk accepting this “arrangement” was that Kaylee has to live within so many miles of the Barndo so BME can continue to  be a blessing  keep Kaylee in servitude. I hope Jonathan puts his foot down and tells Kaylee that he will not allow her mother to run their lives, beginning with what occurs in HIS home.  If the married Duggar kids and Nurie are any indication, the notion of the husband being the head of the family is bogus.  The parents run the show.  They are mini cults, never letting their brood “escape” to their own married lives. They have to continue to serve Ma and Pa for the rest of their lives. Because where the idea of headship ends, the “honor your father and mother” kicks in. There is no end to the control put on these kids. It’s close to a life sentence.  

• Sad 19
21 hours ago, awaken said:

It's an older home but most of what it appears to need is cosmetic. New flooring in the kitchen, paint the cabinets, do some landscaping outside, and maybe a fresh coat of exterior paint and it will be fine. Looks like someone is/was living there and I assume if there are electrical or plumbing issues the seller will have to fix it as part of the inspection (or reduced the price). For 85,000 it's decent sized and the lot is spacious.  Buying a cheaper home and putting some sweat equity into it makes sense for a young couple who will almost certainly need to survive on one income.

• Like 11
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It reminds me of the first house my best friend and her husband bought.  It looks outdated and old. The rooms were so tiny. It had no closets, there was like one outlet per room.  The insulation was poor due to it originally being a summer home (we live in the midwest) and I remember the bathroom had a VERY low ceiling. My husband had to crouch down to use the toilet. It did have a big yard going for it but it was on a very busy road with truck traffic. 

They managed to live there about 3 years. When there second child was born, they outgrew it. 

So Kaylee and John will be moving about the time kid number eight is born.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, coconspirator said:

It's an older home but most of what it appears to need is cosmetic. New flooring in the kitchen, paint the cabinets, do some landscaping outside, and maybe a fresh coat of exterior paint and it will be fine. Looks like someone is/was living there and I assume if there are electrical or plumbing issues the seller will have to fix it as part of the inspection (or reduced the price). For 85,000 it's decent sized and the lot is spacious.  Buying a cheaper home and putting some sweat equity into it makes sense for a young couple who will almost certainly need to survive on one income.

More like half of one income. Half will be spent on mahmo and poppy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

More like half of one income. Half will be spent on mahmo and poppy.

The Hills will somehow be paying for a good portion of the wedding and a nice party for Jill and David's anniversary. Then Jonathan will pay for Jill to buy ugly stuff and "decorate" the house. He'll also have to buy plane tickets to Florida for Jill and a daughter or two to accompany her. At least, Nathan will be stuck with the expenses once JRod  and crew hit the ground in Florida. 

Once he's married to the Rodrigues family, Jonathan will be lucky if he gets to keep half of his earnings. If he's smart, he'll find someone at his job to court Renee.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I have a thought. Maybe one of the conditions of BME and hunk accepting this “arrangement” was that Kaylee has to live within so many miles of the Barndo so BME can continue to  be a blessing  keep Kaylee in servitude. I hope Jonathan puts his foot down and tells Kaylee that he will not allow her mother to run their lives, beginning with what occurs in HIS home.  If the married Duggar kids and Nurie are any indication, the notion of the husband being the head of the family is bogus.  The parents run the show.  They are mini cults, never letting their brood “escape” to their own married lives. They have to continue to serve Ma and Pa for the rest of their lives. Because where the idea of headship ends, the “honor your father and mother” kicks in. There is no end to the control put on these kids. It’s close to a life sentence.  

Lol. Not likely. I mean, I'm sure he was specifically selected for the honor of marrying whatshername because he, uh, has no feet. 

• LOL 12
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Speaking of grifting, they're back in PA this weekend for another "old fashion" revival. There's even a costume contest in which the winner gets a King James Bible! 

I almost don’t want to know, where in PA?

• LOL 4
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Speaking of grifting, they're back in PA this weekend for another "old fashion" revival. There's even a costume contest in which the winner gets a King James Bible! 

I picture Jill wearing a human size phallic plexus bottle as a costume and big bunny years so everyone knows she is a lady 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FEEE27B3-C2C5-4B22-8BD1-E4DD42774304.jpeg

5E354A00-5C83-4481-94FD-6237A6CBCEAA.jpeg

They dined at Bonefish Grill.  They easily dropped $50 or more on that meal.  I think they probably blew through at least $1000 on that 25th Anniversary Extravaganza vacay.  How?  How the hell are they getting that kind of money, with all of the other expenses that come with being homeowners, vehicle owners, having 11 kids at home, traveling the country in an RV that probably gets 10 miles/gallon of gas, at least partially paying for a wedding in November, and I’m sure that I’m not listing every expense that they must have.  There’s no freaking way that they’re getting that much money from churches love offerings and Jill’s Plexus “business”!  Are they robbing banks?  Selling drugs?  David’s pimping?  Jill’s dancing/stripping?  I want to know, damnit! 😤

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
On 10/19/2022 at 7:35 PM, coconspirator said:

It's an older home but most of what it appears to need is cosmetic.

If I found the correct property, it was built in1850!  So, 171 years old? 🤔 

My house is 95 years old, and when we bought it the electric wires were kind of paper-clothish covered...When we started replacing the wiring( after some problems) the electrician was amazed it had never caught fire. 😂 

But, everything else has stood up very well. Houses used to be built really well back then. So maybe the "bones" of their house are OK, and just needs cosmetic upgrades. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They dined at Bonefish Grill.  They easily dropped $50 or more on that meal.  I think they probably blew through at least $1000 on that 25th Anniversary Extravaganza vacay.  How?  How the hell are they getting that kind of money, with all of the other expenses that come with being homeowners, vehicle owners, having 11 kids at home, traveling the country in an RV that probably gets 10 miles/gallon of gas, at least partially paying for a wedding in November, and I’m sure that I’m not listing every expense that they must have.  There’s no freaking way that they’re getting that much money from churches love offerings and Jill’s Plexus “business”!  Are they robbing banks?  Selling drugs?  David’s pimping?  Jill’s dancing/stripping?  I want to know, damnit! 😤

Cooking drugs in the upstairs attic? Lol

You have a point where are they getting that kind of $? They living like 2 income household making $500,000 a year 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Just $1000? Don't forget the nice hotel and a rental car driven from Ohio. Gas. Sea World. Nice meals. 

But yeah, is grifting really that profitable? And when are her poor suckers going to wake up?

• Like 3
  • Love 6