Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I'm finding Carlin's clickbaiting incredibly distateful. Seriously, if you are that bad, rest up, make appointments with Doctors and get off social media.

It’s really sickening and pushes fame whoring to a new level. Once again, it looks like she has a full face of relatively untouched makeup. As you said, get the fuck off SM and concentrate on doing what you need to get better.

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Do Pastor and Mrs. Vinnie with the nice house and the pool get a drain-clogging visit this trip? The Rods have no respect for other people's property. They are demanding and selfish to the core.

They were there earlier this year, February? or thereabouts. Jill posted the evidence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The blanket stuffed between his legs is probably a modesty move too. It appears that Nurie and her kids will carry on the Jill's tradition of performative modesty.  

I think he's sitting in a bumbo seat. image.png.edc0491d8fe94fd1e0e84593e84c9745.png

Although at 7 months could he be sitting on his own? At least for a short time to take a picture?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Or the Rods finally found their location, and they just invited themselves.  Poor congregation.

They're invited to the one this week. Jill's Ladies lecture was featured on the church's website. 

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They're invited to the one this week. Jill's Ladies lecture was featured on the church's website. 

Yikes.  I wonder how many people decide to stay home that day.

• LOL 10

Nemo is pretty skinny I’m used to babies being chunky ! He is a cutie though. Wonder if he was evaluated after the car crash. Nah silly me!

MIMI has the SEVERELY injured knee she stopped posting about 🤣. Imagine if she legit twisted her ankle or worse falling down the stairs. Wheelchair MIMI grifting for months and months! 

Oh wait when NURI has the second baby MIMI will make it all about her again. Wheelchair 2.0 is coming.

Or 

Mimigate 2022 

• LOL 7

Evan had to be standing on the gurney or some other medical equipment to get that picture at that angle. And he said he drove behind her to the hospital and filmed while he was driving. What a fool to put himself and others on the road at risk.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Evan had to be standing on the gurney or some other medical equipment to get that picture at that angle. And he said he drove behind her to the hospital and filmed while he was driving. What a fool to put himself and others on the road at risk.

He filmed while driving to the hospital after the baseball game incident. I imagine he has a camera he can hang on the rearview mirror.

Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

He filmed while driving to the hospital after the baseball game incident. I imagine he has a camera he can hang on the rearview mirror.

Literally filming a drive to the hospital, lol . Talk about thirsty and performative.

I don’t even have the words for this piece of work. Put your masks on properly, you selfish, attention seeking fools. 

186712B6-4B69-4343-B735-15F5D5ECB945.jpeg

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

To be fair, I think Carlin is one of those women who put on their face every morning, so its probably hard to catch her without make-up.

I'm like that. I like make up. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Literally filming a drive to the hospital, lol . Talk about thirsty and performative.

I don’t even have the words for this piece of work. Put your masks on properly, you selfish, attention seeking fools. 

186712B6-4B69-4343-B735-15F5D5ECB945.jpeg

They need to pull up their masks. The idiots are in a damn hospital, for crying out loud. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Nemo is pretty skinny I’m used to babies being chunky ! He is a cutie though. Wonder if he was evaluated after the car crash. Nah silly me!

MIMI has the SEVERELY injured knee she stopped posting about 🤣. Imagine if she legit twisted her ankle or worse falling down the stairs. Wheelchair MIMI grifting for months and months! 

Oh wait when NURI has the second baby MIMI will make it all about her again. Wheelchair 2.0 is coming.

Or 

Mimigate 2022 

He is a bit thin. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They need to pull up their masks. The idiots are in a damn hospital, for crying out loud. 

Hopefully, they just pulled down their masks for filming. Because they're vain like that.

• LOL 5

Carlin might be anemic and is she even allowed to take psychiatric medications? Assuming of course her illness is caused my mental illness. I agree very curious that while vacationing in CA she was a okay. Now back home she is sick. 

Jilldo got competition!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hopefully, they just pulled down their masks for filming. Because they're vain like that.

You're giving them way too much credit. 

"What covid" -- fundies. 

• Love 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

"What covid" -- fundies. 

Well they could find out the hard way that COVID infections can produce cardiac issues. Have they ever said anything about vaccines? (I don't pay close attention and don't remember but being fundy I'm guessing that's a no)

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Carlin might be anemic and is she even allowed to take psychiatric medications? Assuming of course her illness is caused my mental illness. I agree very curious that while vacationing in CA she was a okay. Now back home she is sick. 

Jilldo got competition!

Carlin was supposedly anemic after the birth of her last baby.  However, her blood count has been checked numerous times during her many, many recent excursions to the ER and it is fine now.  Even at its lowest, back right after she delivered, it was not low enough to cause her to pass out repeatedly.  That stuff happens in the movies but is very uncommon in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To be fair, I think Carlin is one of those women who put on their face every morning, so its probably hard to catch her without make-up.

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm like that. I like make up. 

Taking my reply to small talk. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, his clickbait worked. Over 100k views in 24 hours.

eta An episode of BUB barely pulled twice that. 

I wonder how many views are from hate-watchers.  Not that I've ever done that.  /s

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

We may not like/admire/approve of the way Carlin and Evan earn a living - social media - but if this medical issue brings in extra $$, how can you blame them for capitalizing on it. Their family may depend on their SM income.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Probably about the same % that hate watched BUB. They got numbers from my house.

I remember falling asleep watching Gilmore Girls one evening and woke up when BUB was on.  I woke up FAST panicked to change the channel - "OMG I CAN'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE VIEWS!" lol 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I remember falling asleep watching Gilmore Girls one evening and woke up when BUB was on.  I woke up FAST panicked to change the channel - "OMG I CAN'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE VIEWS!" lol 

Same reason I don't follow any of them on social media. I restrict my snarking to this site. Reddit is too leg-humpy. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

He is a bit thin. 

I'm sure Nurie knows nothing about nutrition, or what a baby should be eating at his age.  The older siblings would regularly fast so the little kids could eat, but I'm sure she has no concept of how much and what types of food to feed him.  She and her husband don't even have the concept of child safety, apparently.  Like riding in the car without a carseat.  Poor kid is in for a rough time.

Edited to add:  he could just be a skinny kid, but I really do worry about good nutrition in that family.  Nurie did not have a great role model in that department.

Edited by CalicoKitty
more info added
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

'm sure Nurie knows nothing about nutrition, or what a baby should be eating at his age.  The older siblings would regularly fast so the little kids could eat, but I'm sure she has no concept of how much and what types of food to feed him.  She and her husband don't even have the concept of child safety, apparently.  Like riding in the car without a carseat.  Poor kid is in for a rough time.

Edited to add:  he could just be a skinny kid, but I really do worry about good nutrition in that family.  Nurie did not have a great role model in that department.

Both Nurie and Nathan are slender, so I think Nemo is just a skinny baby. That said, I really hope he is getting regular well-baby check-ups and whatever vaccines are age appropriate. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Same reason I don't follow any of them on social media. I restrict my snarking to this site. Reddit is too leg-humpy. 

The Duggar Reddit is snarky and there are no fans allowed. The Bates Reddit is a lot of pathetic leg humpers. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

The Duggar Reddit is snarky and there are no fans allowed. The Bates Reddit is a lot of pathetic leg humpers. 

There’s also a Bates snark sub aside from the BringingupBates one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Thank you! 

@Cinnabon is right about the pathetic leghumpers.

Topic: I think Nehemiah takes after Nurie's family. Jill's sisters have that overly thin/sallow look like some of the Rod kids do. I know all too well that people speculate that the Rod kids don't eat enough, and that is likely true for at least a few. But the family resemblance between the aunts and the Rods makes it clear that some of that look is genetic. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 3

Lanky babies don't necessarily turn into lanky adults, nor do rolly-pollies always turn into heavier adults, and the days of thinking fat babies are the healthiest babies are over. I think Nemo looks fine. I do wonder how much time he gets playing on the floor and such. It seems even with the assistance of the bumble seat he's not engaging his own muscles. He might just be a little behind the curve, I guess.

• Love 7
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Lanky babies don't necessarily turn into lanky adults, nor do rolly-pollies always turn into heavier adults, and the days of thinking fat babies are the healthiest babies are over. I think Nemo looks fine. I do wonder how much time he gets playing on the floor and such. It seems even with the assistance of the bumble seat he's not engaging his own muscles. He might just be a little behind the curve, I guess.

Isn't that the truth.  My older son looked frail to me in his baby/childhood.  The "pediatrician doctors" along the way assured me he was healthy.  He was puny until he got married in his late 20s.  My wonderful daughter in law is a great cook and baker.  Now son is "portly" which is concerning to me for different health reasons.  Baby Nemo looks okay to me, based on what my babies looked like.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He's built rather like my grandson who is about 2-3 weeks younger. The doctor says he's quite tall for his age, but his weight is in the 14th percentile. He's not necessarily concerned, though. My grandson is a very active baby who has just started doing the combat-style crawl, so I guess he's burning through a lot of calories. I do remember my daughter being much the same way at that age; very wiry and active. 

I hope they are letting Nemo crawl and explore, and he is also just burning off a lot of calories, not subjecting him to blanket training and not trying to purposefully keep him "slim". Though I wouldn't put it past them.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Thanks. I think I found it but it’s not very active. I am gobsmacked at all the delusion and leg humping in the main group. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Back in the day, they used to tell us gelatin “helped” nails and hair to grow longer and stronger. Some women actually downed dry jello mix, lol. Like Plexus, it didn’t actually help. Unlike Plexus, gelatin was cheap and harmless.

The lifting of brain fog and new “clarity” she feels is thanks to good old caffeine. Buy a cup of coffee, it’s cheaper than Plexus.

Caffeine, gelatin, diuretics, and laxatives can be purchased at Walmart for a fraction of the cost of Jill's Plexus products. Add some herbs from the kitchen spice rack and pour into a dildo-shaped bottle, and the package is complete. 

I hope Nurie isn't wasting money on Plexus, and it doesn't seem right for a pastor's wife to pester the congregants into joining her mother's MLM scam. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Thanks. I think I found it but it’s not very active. I am gobsmacked at all the delusion and leg humping in the main group. 

And dog help you if you say something the humpers construe as criticism of their heroes, the Bateses. Yikes. 

Topic: I would bet that people buy Plexus from Nurie just because they feel sorry for her. 

• Love 5