Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dr. Paine is named in the Gothard lawsuit from his days as a doctor working for IBLP. One young woman claims that she was sexually assaulted and Dr. Paine told her to take an aspirin or something equally idiotic. He TOTALLY IGNORED HER REAL ISSUE. And as a physician, he's a mandatory reporter WHO DIDN'T REPORT. 

Dr. Paine is trash, and I hope he's made to pay in the Gothard lawsuit (remember that Gil Bates is also named as a defendant). The patriarchy is not a safe place for most of these poor SAHDs looking for husbands. 

I think Dr Paine is/was the doctor for a prison. If Mr Robertson is that particular man, it's probably no secret to her family. 

I think the only way to find out any more details would be for someone to visit wherever the court records are held. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Seen the latest Bateses Insta? Are the girls wearing cycling shorts? No way could they cycle in those skin tight skirts.

And the touching! And it seems that one of the boys is learning to dance to apply for the Dixie Stampede (whatever that actually is......I know probably a rodeo?)

Interesting, the Bateses are able to adjust their beliefs and don't disown their children when they go outside their tiny boxes. Yes, they are just as hateful in their beliefs etc etc, but at least they aren't as dumbwitted as the Dugwads.

• Love 5

Poor Sierra, but at least her parents didn't downplay the abuse or teach her it was her fault by putting all the responsibility for her future safety on her shoulders, like the Duggars did. They obviously didn't prosecute the family member who abused her, though. Hopefully, they warned others in their family about the abuse so that other little girls were not at risk.

• Love 2

Whoa...I leave this forum for a few days...we were talking about Tabitha's engagement ring, then come back to find out that her fiance has a sex offense record??????????????????????????

WTF??????????????

What a bunch of perverts. Sick perverts. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Marigold said:

How corny.

Lawson is embarrassing himself with that picture and lyrics.  

Country Strong?  wtf is that? Lawson, go to school or something and stop pretending to be a country star.  

Made sure the cats were hiding and my headship was out of earshot before I played this.  I think now is a very good time to run the vacuum cleaner since the cats are already unnerved.

It's awful....lyrics aren't bad, but melody is lame and his voice is so off key.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Country Strong?  wtf is that? Lawson, go to school or something and stop pretending to be a country star.  

Country Strong is a terrible movie--well, I'm guessing it's terrible because I sure as hell didn't see it--and a song from said terrible-looking movie. Lawson didn't write it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555064/

Edited by Portia
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Portia said:

Country Strong is a terrible movie--well, I'm guessing it's terrible because I sure as hell didn't see it--and a song from said terrible-looking movie. Lawson didn't write it.

You can bet Lawson probably wasn't allowed to see it either, but maybe since none of the lyrics are offensive is why he's allowed to sing it. Didn't think he wrote the song.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Portia said:

Gosh, i even gave him credit for writing lyrics!  

He irritates the crap outta me.  I can't stand Lawson. What is his deal?  He really thinks he is sexy and all hot? I'm gonna puke like Derick on a jog.  Yeah, Lawson, nothing sexier than a fool with a guitar and no talent or education.  Hold me back, girls!  He is all mine!!!!  

I'm from NYC. Country music is another universe for me. 

• Love 4

This is the first time I've clicked to watch a Lawson video. Speaking as a TN native, all I can say is, he is delusional. Not because he's bad. But because he is so very very ordinary. As in, every high school in TN has a Lawson or several Lawsons. Every church youth group has them. 

Here's where people like Lawson get deluded. They see some of today's newer minor country stars and think "Hey, I sound and look as good as they do, so why not me?" But those people didn't get there by posting on Instagram. Every "new" artist on country radio has been slaving away for years behind the scenes. And often they are crazy talented writers and got their start by writing hits for other artists. 

He's just a wannabe like Cousin Amy. 

• Love 13
On 1/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

This is where I assume that the girl's family dropped charges or something along those lines. In the end, "forgiven" like Smuggar's "mild, inappropriate touching." Ugh, fundies. Even if you believe in God, there's still a thing called personal responsibility. 

eta: He pled guilty in 2000 and ws pardoned in 2008. In TN, non-violent offenders can have their names removed from the registry after 10 years. I assume that dates to the crime?

If he was actually pardoned, it would have come from the governor (2008 = Phil Bredesen) and the 10-year post-expiration waiting period to apply for removal from the registry would probably not apply.  I believe people who have been pardoned or otherwise had their sentences vacated can apply to be removed immediately.

ETA: The address listed on the Wayback page is in a subdivision right behind Temple Baptist Church, which is affiliated with and less than a mile from Crown College.  If it's not the same person, it's an extremely unfortunate coincidence.

Edited by TomServo
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Abstract said:

This is the first time I've clicked to watch a Lawson video. Speaking as a TN native, all I can say is, he is delusional. Not because he's bad. But because he is so very very ordinary. As in, every high school in TN has a Lawson or several Lawsons. Every church youth group has them. 

Here's where people like Lawson get deluded. They see some of today's newer minor country stars and think "Hey, I sound and look as good as they do, so why not me?" But those people didn't get there by posting on Instagram. Every "new" artist on country radio has been slaving away for years behind the scenes. And often they are crazy talented writers and got their start by writing hits for other artists. 

He's just a wannabe like Cousin Amy. 

Well, to be fair, assuming the Bateses have been homeschooled all their lives (I don't know for certain), Lawson might not know about the ins and outs of stiff competition and being evaluated against an objective yardstick.  Because he would never be in a position to compete with his peers for singing roles, even in a high school choir scenario.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TomServo said:

If he was actually pardoned, it would have come from the governor (2008 = Phil Bredesen) and the 10-year post-expiration waiting period to apply for removal from the registry would probably not apply.  I believe people who have been pardoned or otherwise had their sentences vacated can apply to be removed immediately.

ETA: The address listed on the Wayback page is in a subdivision right behind Temple Baptist Church, which is affiliated with and less than a mile from Crown College.  If it's not the same person, it's an extremely unfortunate coincidence.

Well, there is no one with the last name of Vance on the list of pardons and clemencies that Bredensen granted before leaving office in 2011.

Not sure what the deal is with this situation.  

I flipped over to another forum and read a lot details about Tabitha and her convict fiance.  You know, that really bothered me.  I've been thinking about the situation and it's very disturbing. It really creeps me out.  

23 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I flipped over to another forum and read a lot details about Tabitha and her convict fiance.  You know, that really bothered me.  I've been thinking about the situation and it's very disturbing. It really creeps me out.  

You want to be even more creeped out, dig through the guy's Facebook page. He's a nut.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

You want to be even more creeped out, dig through the guy's Facebook page. He's a nut.

I saw some of that too...people posted some quotes and clips.  He seems very angry and unhinged.  Couple that with his past?  

HOW IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE MAN TO MARRY???????

Maybe Chad should step out of his little girl lacy pink bedroom he shares with Erin  and look up this man.  Pay some attention to his sister and what she has walked into.

Not for nothing but Chad is a weirdo too.  He is always smiling and shit...something is up with him too.  

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Not for nothing but Chad is a weirdo too.  He is always smiling and shit...something is up with him too.  

I'm always suspect of any individual who is too perfect, lol.

In regards to Tabitha though, I can't believe the pickings are so slim she was forced to settle for this. I mean, she's no beauty queen but she's certainly not homely. Surely her family could've hooked her up with someone halfway decent. Hell, I'd have taken JD over some nutter with a police record who's fifteen years my senior.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm always suspect of any individual who is too perfect, lol.

In regards to Tabitha though, I can't believe the pickings are so slim she was forced to settle for this. I mean, she's no beauty queen but she's certainly not homely. Surely her family could've hooked her up with someone halfway decent. Hell, I'd have taken JD over some nutter with a police record who's fifteen years my senior.

Dr. Paine has IBLP connections.  Why didn't he hook her up sooner with someone a bit more normal and maybe not a convict of some sort.  It's not that hard to find a man who doesn't have a criminal record, is it?  Maybe with the IBLP crowd it is...look at GotHard. 

Chad pings my radar.  Not sure which radar he is pinging but I think he is a freak of some sort.  

I actually CANNOT STAND the Bates.  I know people think they are so much more normal than the Duggars but I hate the Bates.  They are so phony.  I hate fake perky.  (Michael is the only one who is calm).  Even the guys are fake perky especially that Lawson.  Gil Bates is sinister and I'm not surprised he is so high level at IBLP.  When i see Gil, sick clown music plays in the background.   

Jim Bob is controlling and shrewd.    Gil?  i think he is one mean and creepy guy.  Yuck. 

• Love 11

"David Waller, father of three and fifth sibling of ten, is grateful for an upbringing that challenged him to combine a Scripturally-founded faith with real life situations. David serves as director of ATI."

I'll just leave that there.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"David Waller, father of three and fifth sibling of ten, is grateful for an upbringing that challenged him to combine a Scripturally-founded faith with real life situations. David serves as director of ATI."

That sounds like pure resume filler/fluff/word salad, doesn't it? "Bitter Apple combined her knowledge of Microsoft Office with real life situations." As opposed to fantasy life situations. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hear music too, but it sounds like Dueling Banjos from Deliverance.

Back in the old TWoP days posters were calling him "hot daddy." Yes, really. Since I hadn't caught the Bateses on 17 and Counting (or whatever Michelle's litter count was back then) I googled a pix of him. Clicked on a link that looked like it might have a pix and immediately got a virus, malware or something. Gil is dangerous!

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Scroll down to row three of the speakers to see some very well-known speaker noobs at the IBLP Conference at Big Sandy this year. 

They didn't have any of their own conferences last year; they must be looking for some raw meat at these Gothard get-togethers. 

http://familyconferences.org/events/family-conference/big-sandy/

I would LOOOOOVE to go!

Damn.  I'm so darn far there is no way I could go.  

I have heard the Maxwells speak twice at homeschool conferences. Steve was very boring and so were his kids.  Truthfully, Teri was nice and personable. She clearly has the personality in that family...she looks like she would be so stiff and boring.  She was candid about her struggles with depression and raising a large family.  Their blog and books must be run by Steven, who is a dishrag. 

I have met tons of homeschooling royalty over the years but no Fund royalty...only the Maxwells. 

Edited by Marigold
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Pecan thief. Yep, he reads real life situations well.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Back in the old TWoP days posters were calling him "hot daddy." Yes, really. Since I hadn't caught the Bateses on 17 and Counting (or whatever Michelle's litter count was back then) I googled a pix of him. Clicked on a link that looked like it might have a pix and immediately got a virus, malware or something. Gil is dangerous!

I lurked for years there.  I don't remember that. 

Please tell me they were being funny.  Gil is not "hot daddy".  (insert picture of Derick puking)

2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I lurked for years there.  I don't remember that. 

Please tell me they were being funny.  Gil is not "hot daddy".  (insert picture of Derick puking)

No really true and they also thought Real Housewive Tamra Barney's husband Simon was hot. Go figure.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

No really true and they also thought Real Housewive Tamra Barney's husband Simon was hot. Go figure.

Eww, sleazy ass Simon? I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

I didn't know David was the Director of ATI. I wonder what kind of salary he pulls in.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I missed that.  A director? Wow...sounds impressive!  Can Derelict get a job there? 

I imagine it's a job requirement to look like a castmember of Book of Mormom, so Derelict would probably be out.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

And there will probably be entertainment by the musical (?) Rodriguez family!!!!!

Thankfully, the Rodrguii can't afford it, and with all of the music workshops, there is plenty of that sort of entertainment. Does Davey even know of them? I don't recall JillyRod sniffing after the Wallers as she does the Duggars and Bateses. 

I'm just shocked to see the Maxwells, because Stevehovah is all about Stevehovah. They have never been affiliated with IBLP before. I am pretty sure they met the Duggars through homeschooling conferences. The Maxwells used to be omnipresent at those shindigs. 

As for Davey's bio, dude, everyone has had a family member die, even a sibling. You are not some special snowflake. One of my sisters died last year, but I'm not mentioning it in my LinkedIn profile.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Wow I never expected Sierra to reveal something so personal. Makes me sad for her life of trying to push her feelings away and finding "joy." I guess we all have a little piece of pushing away the bad things we experienced in our lives. Now I can finally understand her close bond with the Duggar girls.

I hope they can all find their joy outside of what they are expected to say and act like. Sitting in the corner praying isn't making anyone better it just makes them hide away their pain. 

• Love 3