Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes Season 5

• Start Topic

In one night cast alliances are changed. Though Lisar has always said she cares about Kim and her well being and that she (Lisar) is a nice person. Looks like in the morning Lisar is coming from a different place than from the dinner from hell. I think Lisar said she has known Yolanda for 20-years. Lisar may have backed down to please Yolanda and allow the vacation to continue without strife. Fat chance of that happening...cause remember only Lisar promised not to bring up addiction issues to Kim.

When did LisaR say she has known Yolanda for 20 years? I don't remember her ever making that claim, Kyle yes, LisaV yes, Yolanda no. Did I miss something?

Interesting.  I always thought that Lisa had known both Kyle and Eileen longer.  I'd love to hear some stories from Yo and Lisa about knowing each other for so long. 

I can understand, if Yo was the one to get Kim and Lisa together, how Lisa would want to appease her since it's a "Yo-centric trip" and they are in her home country.  I can see Lisa feeling really guilty about what she did and not wanting to cause further trouble on the trip.   

I do think if LisaR knew Yolanda "arranged" the morning meeting she might let it go......... for now. I do not think it is a real "truce" though.........LOL

Yeah, Kim showed up "unexpectedly" at Lipsa's room.  Luckily!  Lipsa had a full camera and sound team in her room waiting for the knock!

Why yes, the cameras were already in her room, just like Kim already had her mic on! LOL

• Love 5

Ok I was only half watching, but I thought Yo was trying to say Kyle should stop covering for Kim, just in her own inarticulate way. I thought the "take responsibility" or whatever she said was going to go to some take respondibilty for yourself and be honest about Kim and her problems route before Kyle jumped in about how she doesn't want to fix Kim and started crying and saying that Yo and her brother are great so Yo doesn't understand. I could be wrong because Yo can be hard to follow and Kyle has a tendency to hysteria, but I thought it was something of a miscommunication.

PS, Kyle, I don't think you're strong. Not at all. Feel better, Boo?

• Love 3

Eileen does bring up a good point why Yolanda only wanted Kim to "apologize" to LisaR ONLY but Kyle and Eileen didn't get one.  Sorry, let's stop with this "Well Kim might have felt attacked if she had to apologize to all three at once."  If Kim can zone an attack on Lisa R/Kyle/Eileen at once, she better be ready to issue apologies at once. 

Then Yolanda is saying Kyle needs to take responsibility for Kim???  Excuse me Yolanda!  Kim needs to take responsibility for Kim!  I'm sick of this bs.  Kyle has to babysit/nursemaid/caretaker for Kim especially when Kim messes up with her addiction and shows her ass.  At this rate, Kyle should be paid by Kim (or the good sister Kathy) if she has to be handle responsible for Kim's behavior!

I know! Worst piece of advice, EVER! Seriously, that Lyme disease has fried her brain or at least any common sense. Clearly YoFo is not aware of how to deal with an addict so, I will give her a pass on that shitty advice.  The last thing one should ever do is, take responsibility for an addict. That is how the spiral of co-dependency begins. As you watched this show over the seasons, that is where Kyle is. She needs to find the nearest exit. Kyle has been nothing but Kim's cushion for so many years.

• Love 11

I know! Worst piece of advice, EVER! Seriously, that Lyme disease has fried her brain or at least any common sense. Clearly YoFo is not aware of how to deal with an addict so, I will give her a pass on that shitty advice. The last thing one should ever do is, take responsibility for an addict. That is how the spiral of co-dependency begins. As you watched this show over the seasons, that is where Kyle is. She needs to find the nearest exit. Kyle has been nothing but Kim's cushion for so many years.

• Love 4

Ok I was only half watching, but I thought Yo was trying to say Kyle should stop covering for Kim, just in her own inarticulate way. I thought the "take responsibility" or whatever she said was going to go to some take respondibilty for yourself and be honest about Kim and her problems route before Kyle jumped in about how she doesn't want to fix Kim and started crying and saying that Yo and her brother are great so Yo doesn't understand. I could be wrong because Yo can be hard to follow and Kyle has a tendency to hysteria, but I thought it was something of a miscommunication.

PS, Kyle, I don't think you're strong. Not at all. Feel better, Boo?

No, she actually tells Kyle that taking care of Kim was a responsibility that GOD gave/assigned for her to do! Kyle said that it is not something she wants or is strong enough to do! Maybe it would be better if Yolanda told Kim to get off her lazy ass and do the work required to get clean for once in her adult life so that sobriety  lasts beyond a few short months. Put the responsibility where it belongs, on Kim.

I know! Worst piece of advice, EVER! Seriously, that Lyme disease has fried her brain or at least any common sense. Clearly YoFo is not aware of how to deal with an addict so, I will give her a pass on that shitty advice.  The last thing one should ever do is, take responsibility for an addict. That is how the spiral of co-dependency begins. As you watched this show over the seasons, that is where Kyle is. She needs to find the nearest exit. Kyle has been nothing but Kim's cushion for so many years.

Her only source of info concerning the sisters relationship is toxic Brandi. Why Yolanda listens to her about anything is beyond me.

• Love 9

Wire-when Lisar first arrived she said she remembered Yolanda from years ago going to auditions.

In the clips of the naked man-Yolanda and Kim are sitting together and Kim, Kyle and Lisar are making comments about the naked guy (Brandi is too cool for school) Kyle and Lisar who are in a separate seat further back continue the chatter.  Yolanda says to Kim it has been a long time since she has seen one-meaning penis about Lisar.  So for some reason Yolanda was mad at Lisar-my guess the dust up on the plane-or she just didn't care for Lisar after the scavenger hunt, or Lisar has failed to pay proper homage to the poor suffering Yolanda.

I am tired of Yolanda and her simple unsuccessful approaches to complicated issues.  Yolanda is the woman who kept writing her daughter e-mails instead of talking to her.

• Love 5

Usually her advice especially when it comes to her buddy Brandi this season has been good but her dinner and now this Im seeing some regression.

Not really, Brandi has gotten around Yolanda at every turn this season. Yes, Yolanda has been more critical of Brandi this season but it has had zero effect on Brandi and Yolanda knows it. Now we have Yolanda falling for Brandi's lie that "everyone" is saying that Bella has a drinking problem and she brings it up at the dinner last week despite knowing how loaded for bear Kim is on anything concerning sobriety/drinking/drugs and it was Yolanda that got LisaR to talk about her feelings on addiction! Then the blow up and the aftermath. This first look has Kim, under direction from Yolanda, going to LisaR's room to work this out, why wasn't she there to make sure that apologies were given by both women? Is it because she could careless or was she part of the set up with Kim/Brandi?

• Love 5
(edited)

Wire-when Lisar first arrived she said she remembered Yolanda from years ago going to auditions.

In the clips of the naked man-Yolanda and Kim are sitting together and Kim, Kyle and Lisar are making comments about the naked guy (Brandi is too cool for school) Kyle and Lisar who are in a separate seat further back continue the chatter.  Yolanda says to Kim it has been a long time since she has seen one-meaning penis about Lisar.  So for some reason Yolanda was mad at Lisar-my guess the dust up on the plane-or she just didn't care for Lisar after the scavenger hunt, or Lisar has failed to pay proper homage to the poor suffering Yolanda.

I am tired of Yolanda and her simple unsuccessful approaches to complicated issues.  Yolanda is the woman who kept writing her daughter e-mails instead of talking to her.

She said that she knew "of" her, not that they knew each other, big difference IMO. 

It was Kim that made the comment about LisaR not having seen a penis in a long time, not Yolanda. Re-watch that scene and watch Kim as the words are said and listen to the voice, it was Kim even though the camera was straight on Yolanda and Kim was slightly to the left of the camera looking at Yolanda.

ETA Here is the link to the bus video  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/episode-515/videos?clip=2849206  go to the .59 mark to see Kim say that to Yolanda! LOL

Yolanda's primary source of information about what is going on between the women is Brandi. She may have spoken to Kyle but she is listening to Brandi.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

For the most part it was rather tame. The interesting stuff involved Yolanda, Kyle and Eileen.

I agree!!!!!!!! That Yolanda says that she could never understand how Kyle feels because of her relationship with her own brother who lives in another country is idiotic, she is comparing a normal brother/sister long distance relationship to a sister relationship where 1 sister is an addict with anger issues. Making Kyle feel guilty is horrible, irresponsible and very 1 sided IMO.

The scenes with the Lisa's, Kim and Brandi are uncomfortable IMO. They are acting way too happy, it is forced and not very believable IMO. Brandi does not look happy at all! LOL

I hate when Yolanda gets all preachy, and when she started in with, "We all have burdens to bear" or whatever bullshit she said, I swear my eyes nearly rolled out of my head.  Clearly Kyle knows very well about the burden she's had to bear, and it's not at all helpful to be lectured about that whether the person is well-meaning or not.  Especially after the dramatic incident that was still so fresh.  The look on Kyle's face was priceless, all kinds of "Bitch, please".  It's not even comparing apples to oranges - more like asparagus to orgasms.

I liked Kyle & Eileen together, and I would much rather have hung out with them that day instead of the other group.

• Love 10
(edited)

When did LisaR say she has known Yolanda for 20 years? I don't remember her ever making that claim, Kyle yes, LisaV yes, Yolanda no. Did I miss something?

LOL,yes you missed something...she was listing her friendship with the cast. I was surprised because I thought she knew Kyle the longest. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong...was it LisaV for 20-years or Yolanda for 20-years? It's so late and I was busy shoveling snow...sorry WireWrap.

It's somewhere maybe a TH with Lisar in episode 1 through 15.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 2

No, she actually tells Kyle that taking care of Kim was a responsibility that GOD gave/assigned for her to do! Kyle said that it is not something she wants or is strong enough to do! Maybe it would be better if Yolanda told Kim to get off her lazy ass and do the work required to get clean for once in her adult life so that sobriety lasts beyond a few short months. Put the responsibility where it belongs, on Kim.

When is that clip where Kyle will finally ask Kim "Do you ever take any accountability for your actions?" that we saw in the season's trailer preview. Im ready for it now.

• Love 9

LOL,yes you missed something...she was listing her long term friendship with the cast. I was surprised because I thought she knew Kyle the longest. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong...was it LisaV for 20-years or Yolanda for 20-years?

Oh I see Zoeysmom remembers something about it. It's somewhere maybe a TH with Lisar in episode 1 through 15.

LisaR says she knew "OF" Yolanda when she was going to casting calls years ago, she never said she "knew" her as in they were either friendly or friends. LOL LisaR has known LisaV for 20+ years and been friends with Kyle 20 years. LOL We need a spread sheet and a friendship tree to keep track of these women and how they know each other. Eileen's 1 stepson knows Gigi well, they went to school together, prom together, I think but the parents had never met.

• Love 2

When is that clip where Kyle will finally ask Kim "Do you ever take any accountability for your actions?" that we saw in the season's trailer preview. Im ready for it now.

I'm sure we'll see Andy ask that question or one along those lines to Kim.

• Love 1

I'm sure we'll see Andy ask that question or one along those lines to Kim.

No she asked her that question in one scene in the season 5 trailer preview. Kyle had some bass in her voice when she said it too.

• Love 4

LisaR says she knew "OF" Yolanda when she was going to casting calls years ago, she never said she "knew" her as in they were either friendly or friends. LOL LisaR has known LisaV for 20+ years and been friends with Kyle 20 years. LOL We need a spread sheet and a friendship tree to keep track of these women and how they know each other. Eileen's 1 stepson knows Gigi well, they went to school together, prom together, I think but the parents had never met.

Thank goodness you found the exact spot to find the info...was it this episode?

No she asked her that question in one scene in the season 5 trailer preview. Kyle had some bass in her voice when she said it too.

Goody goody can't wait for more twisted sister drama. Thanks for the heads up, LOL.

• Love 2

I do think if LisaR knew Yolanda "arranged" the morning meeting she might let it go......... for now. I do not think it is a real "truce" though.........LOL

Why yes, the cameras were already in her room, just like Kim already had her mic on! LOL

Just to clarify my earlier post both Kim and Lisa obviously knew there would be a scene preparing to be shot.

I just don't think Lisa ever expected it would be Kim rap-tap-tapping on her door.

She probably assumed it would be one of the other women to rehash the events of the night before.

Kim, however, obviously knew who she was headed to see.  

To demand her apology because she's 3 years sober and HOW DARE YOU (thanks Eileen!) believe your lying eyes to the contrary!

Now I'm looking forward to see the showdown between Eileen and Brandi and the "homewrecker" debacle next week.

Hopefully we'll get another HOW DARE YOU during that scene.  

• Love 7

She said that she knew "of" her, not that they knew each other, big difference IMO. 

It was Kim that made the comment about LisaR not having seen a penis in a long time, not Yolanda. Re-watch that scene and watch Kim as the words are said and listen to the voice, it was Kim even though the camera was straight on Yolanda and Kim was slightly to the left of the camera looking at Yolanda.

ETA Here is the link to the bus video  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/episode-515/videos?clip=2849206  go to the .59 mark to see Kim say that to Yolanda! LOL

Yolanda's primary source of information about what is going on between the women is Brandi. She may have spoken to Kyle but she is listening to Brandi.

Thanks.  There is just something off about how Yolanda just placates Kim.  First it was Kim telling her Kyle doesn't support her and then the penis comment.  Kim saying it is maybe what big secret she is referring to about Harry.  Lisa could have said something as simple as it had been awhile-since HH was filming Rush in Vancouver at the time and Kim decided to turn some throw away comment into a something is wrong in the Hamlin household moment.

I don't think Yolanda has any concept of what Kyle has gone through before with Kim but if I were Gigi or Bella I would be very nervous if my mom thought it was God's plan that I be my sister's keeper if either of them endured 1/10th of the nonsense Kim has put people through. 

• Love 8

I'm starting to see a pattern in these trips with Kyle and Kim.  NYC, Hawaii, Paris and now this one.  Everytime these two go out of town Kyle thinks she's gonna have a good time with the group and then suddenly Kim finds a way to ruin it.  So Kim gets to have a good time and Kyle can't enjoy herself.

• Love 15

I did say that "I've rarely seen her puddle up" but I will admit that she shed real tears after the restaurant. My post was more about her crying with Yolanda in the First Look and the many other times she's done the same thing.

Kyle's tears at the gay mixer were certainly real. Did anyone get a look at that napkin she was using to wipe her eyes? It was soaking wet with her tears and covered with her makeup. That is something that you never see. I always notice especially at the reunions when Andy hands them a tissue that the tissue always remains pristine and their makeup is still perfect. Kyle's was a mess.  

Yea, what Lisar said about Yo is that she had seen her over the years at different casting calls and that she was always the most stunning person in every room and you couldn't help but take notice of her. She never hinted at any actual friendship or relationship.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Out of town and didn't get to see the first look, but I am enraged about what I am reading about Yo. I cannot believe she would say that she could never have such a rift with her own brother. How the fuck could she know? Her brother seems like a perfectly lovely person, She has no idea how she would react to someone who had thrown such trauma into her life and the lives of the rest of the family. The thing that I didn't like about Yo when she first started was her constant assertion that she was always right. I thought she had softened this recently and had been patting her on the back. I hate to think that this Yo is back. 

Totally off topic, but I learned yesterday that Kyle is going to be at the same event as I am. I didn't figure I would see her as I will be busy with my own stuff and there are about 100,000 people here. I found out at the end of the day that she will be at the booth very near mine (strange since there are over 5000 booths) and we will be in close proximity to each other for several hours. I am interested to see how she reacts to the fans and what kinds of questions/comments are made to her. I am also interested in seeing her hair live and in person. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 15

Out of town and didn't get to see the first look, but I am enraged about what I am reading about Yo. I cannot believe she would say that she could never have such a rift with her own brother. How the fuck could she know? Her brother seems like a perfectly lovely person, She has no idea how she would react to someone who had thrown such trauma into her life and the lives of the rest of the family. The thing that I didn't like about Yo when she first started was her constant assertion that she was always right. I thought she had softened this recently and had been patting her on the back. I hate to think that this Yo is back. 

Totally off topic, but I learned yesterday that Kyle is going to be at the same event as I am. I didn't figure I would see her as I will be busy with my own stuff and there are about 100,000 people here. I found out at the end of the day that she will be at the booth very near mine (strange since there are over 5000 booths) and we will be in close proximity to each other for several hours. I am interested to see how she reacts to the fans and what kinds of questions/comments are made to her. I am also interested in seeing her hair live and in person.

What a coincidence...share with us the details on her page. Sounds like you'll be having a interesting time.

• Love 4

Never say Never, Yolanda. Just like I'm sure you NEVER thought your underage daughter would get a DUI.

• Love 4
(edited)

Here's the thing. Who in their right mind thinks that the brain damaged Yolanda could convince Kim to go to Lisar to "apologize." That's just a fig leaf to cover productions ass. It is obvious that production told Kim to make nice and smooth it over or she would lose her rice bowl. Lisar was told to acquiesce regardless of how she really felt about it. Lisa's is a grizzled old pro who is used to eating crap to keep her job.

Eileen is a different kettle of fish. She is a star and is used to being treated as a star. So when she wasn't included so she was miffed. HOW DARE THEY?

The two groups sort of illustrated the two different ways this show can go. In one direction you are classy at the Rembrandt museum and the fancy chocolate factory. In the other you go out and try some dildos for size. Which way do you think Satan Andy is gonna go?

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 13

I really felt for Kyle when she broke down in Yolanda's room. God gives us all a job in life, and her job is to take care of Kim? Fix everything? Every time? Fuck that. I'm glad Kyle told her she doesn't want that job, and she's not the "strong one" that everyone thinks.

I guess the life job that God gave Yolanda is to tell everyone else how they should live their lives?  Or that she is supposed to enlighten the world to the fact that no real food except almonds should pass their lips? 

I get what Yolanda was trying to say, and I think she was coming from a good place, but how in the world could she say that?  I'm glad that Kyle snapped back at her. 

• Love 10

Maybe people are hesitant to post in the First Looks thread after last week's lockout.

Not only that, but I think Bravo is hurting the ratings for the night the show airs by showing First Looks.  I'm only one person in the millions that watch but I can't be the only one who really didn't feel the burning desire to watch the episode after viewing and discussing the First Look.  I saw all that I really felt I needed to see.  And I'm sure there are more people who are far less gluttons for punishment than I am. LOL.  Had I not seen the first look, I'd've been plopped on the sofa Tuesday night come hell or high water or my brother's b'day.

That said, I still haven't watched last weeks epi but probably will today and I have no idea what the ratings were last week.  Anyone?

• Love 1

And does anyone else find it interesting that suddenly Brandi isn't nearly as chummy and talkative with Kim? She made this bed but she sure as hell doesn't want to lay in it.

I knew that would happen as soon as (a) Kim became too much of a burden for Brandi, and/or (b) served her purpose for Brandi.   Brandi might also realize her mistake in teaming up with the one person in the group guaranteed to alienate her even further from the others.

I think Eileen is genuinely upset that the apology did not extend to her and Kyle - Kim should have apologized to both of them as well. As far as Lisa Rinna, I think she is just going with the flow for the time being. 

• Love 7

I knew that would happen as soon as (a) Kim became too much of a burden for Brandi, and/or (b) served her purpose for Brandi. Brandi might also realize her mistake in teaming up with the one person in the group guaranteed to alienate her even further from the others.

I think Eileen is genuinely upset that the apology did not extend to her and Kyle - Kim should have apologized to both of them as well. As far as Lisa Rinna, I think she is just going with the flow for the time being.

I think there was a chunk of the dinner we didn't see. To be exact I think Kim made specific and nasty allegations about Harry. Everyone seemed very shaken up by the whole thing. I think Brandi is on Kim's side but may have mixed emotions about what exactly Kim said that we didn't see.

• Love 9
(edited)

Not only that, but I think Bravo is hurting the ratings for the night the show airs by showing First Looks.  I'm only one person in the millions that watch but I can't be the only one who really didn't feel the burning desire to watch the episode after viewing and discussing the First Look.  I saw all that I really felt I needed to see.  And I'm sure there are more people who are far less gluttons for punishment than I am. LOL.  Had I not seen the first look, I'd've been plopped on the sofa Tuesday night come hell or high water or my brother's b'day.

That said, I still haven't watched last weeks epi but probably will today and I have no idea what the ratings were last week.  Anyone?

Bravo may be using the First Looks as an attempt to lure in viewers who may watch it and think there has to be so much more to the episode.  That didn't work last week since the First Look showed the most dramatic scene of the episode.   

I don't know what the ratings have been for this show but I looked them up for this week.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

RHOBH - .8 in 18-49 demo and 1.813 million total viewers

TVBytheNumbers

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Eileen is a different kettle of fish. She is a star and is used to being treated as a star. So when she wasn't included so she was miffed. HOW DARE THEY?

I think she's more upset that just 12 hours or so before, people were about to kill each other, and then the next morning Lisa, Kim, Brandi & Lisa  act like they're best friends again.  I had the same reaction as Eileen, as in WTF?  Very confusing.

I get what Yolanda was trying to say, and I think she was coming from a good place, but how in the world could she say that?

IMO, Yolanda should've kept her opinion on that subject to herself!  It was not the right thing to say to Kyle.

• Love 6

Bravo may be using the First Looks as an attempt to lure in viewers who may watch it and think there has to be so much more to the episode.  That didn't work last week since the First Look showed the most dramatic scene of the episode.   

I don't know what the ratings have been for this show but I looked them up for this week.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

RHOBH - .8 in 18-49 demo and 1.813 million total viewers

TVBytheNumbers

Thanks, AnnA.  I just looked at that site and I can't figure out how to see how the ratings have compared to the rest of the season.

That's probably exactly why Bravo started with the First Looks.  But it didn't work on my husband. He's caught a handful of RHONY epis with me.  Not a regular watcher at all. After watching one of the BH First Looks, this was his response, "How can you watch this garbage?"  Left room in disgust, leaving me sitting there a little embarrassed. LOL.  So he's not one of the ones to be lured in my what the First Looks is showing.  

(Don't think I didn't ask him the same question as he watched "Fat N Furious: Rolling Thunder"  a show about four morbidly obese guys who work on muscle cars.  I watched as one got stuck in a Camaro and had to be practically cut out by the Jaws of Life.  But because it's on the Discovery Channel.....)

• Love 6

I really felt for Kyle when she broke down in Yolanda's room. God gives us all a job in life, and her job is to take care of Kim? Fix everything? Every time? Fuck that. I'm glad Kyle told her she doesn't want that job, and she's not the "strong one" that everyone thinks.

Yeah, that was absurd. Go back to bed, Yo. And this may seem harsh--but again with the Lyme?! Go to a real doctor for Chrissakes.

I totally get what Eileen was saying to Kyle in the coffee shop about LisaR and Kim supposedly being ok and how it leaves the two of them on the outside. I'm curious to see her convo with LisaR.

Also--Eileen has a banging body and I want that vest.

Nice jeans, Brandi. You look like a tool.

• Love 7

This fight was between Kim and Lisa R.  Eileen inserted herself in the drama,

Granted Eileen did insert herself. But I wonder how Lisa R would have felt if no one at the table said anything at all and let Kim go on about her eating habits and her husband? I would have jumped in just like Eileen. It's my nature.

I think she's more upset that just 12 hours or so before, people were about to kill each other, and then the next morning Lisa, Kim, Brandi & Lisa  act like they're best friends again.  I had the same reaction as Eileen, as in WTF?  Very confusing.

You'd think she'd realize it's just happening because of production but then again maybe she's being made to push things some more! Who knows. I'll be honest though, I'd be plenty mad that Kim has gotten away with this behavior again. She did not apologize to Lisa R and is certainly not going to bother with Eileen and Kyle.

I'm tired of the entire cast having to tip toe around Kim and Brandi and their special brand of BS.

• Love 6

Kim can't extend an apology that she never offered to Lisar.  I saw her decide to "graciously" forgive Lisar because of all her training in various rehabs. As far as Kim and her enablers are concerned Lisar forced Kim to go low but Kim is a peach to forgive Lisar this transgression as long as Lisar buys Kim's lie of sobriety. Kim has years of experience with addiction and has expertly crafted a plausible deflection of her own shit every time some one wonders about HH's secret.

"I saw myself at my ugliest" says Kim. Yeah Kim, I saw that too.

• Love 14

I totally get where Eileen is coming from. When I was little one of my sisters married a toxic guy, and there were many nights I would go to bed while the house was in uproar and wake up to everybody being fine and loving with each other, and they would either not tell me what happened or tell me I was wrong to still be upset. As she said, she's still on A and wants to know how they jumped to Z, especially if they want to leave Kyle and her high and dry on A. And if Kim didn't like my attitude before, she would get it in spades now!

• Love 8

Kim can't extend an apology that she never offered to Lisar.  I saw her decide to "graciously" forgive Lisar because of all her training in various rehabs. As far as Kim and her enablers are concerned Lisar forced Kim to go low but Kim is a peach to forgive Lisar this transgression as long as Lisar buys Kim's lie of sobriety. Kim has years of experience with addiction and has expertly crafted a plausible deflection of her own shit every time some one wonders about HH's secret.

"I saw myself at my ugliest" says Kim. Yeah Kim, I saw that too.

I found that to be table pounding annoying that Kim graciously forgave Lisar for her  words and behavior.  I figure Kim has had four months to stand in front of the mirror and formulate an appropriate sincere apology.  My guess is she would rather walk than apologize and it must be killing her that she is now in a lawsuit with Bravo as a co-defendant.  I see Kim as refusing conditional employment and come July, when she doesn't have a paycheck, losing her marbles and looking to Brandi and then Kyle to get her a new contract.

The whole HH thing was such an obvious deflection.  She's telling lies on me and I am telling the truth on her.  Lisar didn't tell any lies on Kim all she kept doing and overdoing was apologizing. What could Kim possibly know about Lisa and HH lives?  She is so incredibly self-absorbed I doubt she could answer who the governor of California is or the Vice-President of the United States.   I am sure HH is appreciating the attention.  Maybe it will get him a couple of roles.

• Love 6

Easy words coming from a mother whose solution was to ship her minor daughter off to NYC, after she got a DUI, unsupervised.  There are times that Yolanda's straightforwardness are just nonsensical this being one of them.  I am paying attention to Lisav interaction with Yolanda because I do believe Lisav has seen this overly simplistic pious attitude Yolanda is exuding.  I always forget Lisav loyalties are to Yolanda's ex, who I am sure opinion isn't always so rosy when it comes to Yolanda.

• Love 3

Bravo may be using the First Looks as an attempt to lure in viewers who may watch it and think there has to be so much more to the episode. That didn't work last week since the First Look showed the most dramatic scene of the episode.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

RHOBH - .8 in 18-49 demo and 1.813 million total viewers

TVBytheNumbers

Frankly, I like to think that First Looks are balm for junkies like myself who find that renewing the pool of text gives us something new to chew on as the week progresses and everything's been said twice. Gratitude here.

• Love 5

Yeah, Kim showed up "unexpectedly" at Lipsa's room.  Luckily!  Lipsa had a full camera and sound team in her room waiting for the knock!

Again, being aware that a scene was going to be filmed does not necessitate that Lisa R knew just precisely who was coming over for that scene.

Thus, the arrival of Kim at her door would be unexpected, as in "showed up unexpectedly."

• Love 6

Frankly, I like to think that First Looks are balm for junkies like myself who find that renewing the pool of text gives us something new to chew on as the week progresses and everything's been said twice. Gratitude here.

Did you say you were a junkie?  Are you in a program?  Do you have a sponsor? And have I asked you:  are you in a program?  DO YOU HAVE A SPONSOR?  And IF I ask you this one hundred more times on national television, will you say that I harbor secrets in my house?

• Love 10

I think there was a chunk of the dinner we didn't see. To be exact I think Kim made specific and nasty allegations about Harry. Everyone seemed very shaken up by the whole thing. I think Brandi is on Kim's side but may have mixed emotions about what exactly Kim said that we didn't see.

That's a good point.   Bravo never aired what exactly what  Brandi said about Adrienne (the surrogacy). My assumption was always that Adrienne threatened them with legal action, and I think she was firm enough to where they backed off  (because you know if they thought there was a nickel in it for them, they would air it.  See: Russell Armstrong).  It could be that  Harry is  a big enough star to where they backed off on him as well.

Gotta figure that Bravo wants both Rinna and Davidson to return for another season. I think they'll try to keep both of them happy.

• Love 5

That's a good point.   Bravo never aired what exactly what  Brandi said about Adrienne (the surrogacy). My assumption was always that Adrienne threatened them with legal action, and I think she was firm enough to where they backed off  (because you know if they thought there was a nickel in it for them, they would air it.  See: Russell Armstrong).  It could be that  Harry is  a big enough star to where they backed off on him as well.

Gotta figure that Bravo wants both Rinna and Davidson to return for another season. I think they'll try to keep both of them happy.

I think LisaR and Eileen were that close to going home after the fight that TPTB stepped in and promised (in writing) whatever Kim threw out, be it true or lie,  would never make it to air. Her, Kim, checking her phone throughout Yolanda's Bella speech is enough to make me believe that Kim came armed with something nasty about HH and had every intent on revealing it with pleasure! IMO, Kim was intent on destroying LisaR, not just hurting her but destroying her.

• Love 6

Did you say you were a junkie? Are you in a program? Do you have a sponsor? And have I asked you: are you in a program? DO YOU HAVE A SPONSOR? And IF I ask you this one hundred more times on national television, will you say that I harbor secrets in my house?

Those questions are only relevant if I'd announced my intention to quit. Not a quitter.

• Love 5
(edited)

Again, being aware that a scene was going to be filmed does not necessitate that Lisa R knew just precisely who was coming over for that scene.

Thus, the arrival of Kim at her door would be unexpected, as in "showed up unexpectedly."

You're right. It doesn't prove she knew. However, if you really believe that LisaR did not know Kim was coming to her room, I've got a bridge you may want to buy. Regardless of the fact that we can't prove it one way or the other, it's something that I just can't make myself believe. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Thank you Trooper York for the Yoda picture and post!  I've been sick all week, and this is the pick-me-up I so desperately  needed.  Bwah!  I will now reference that in my mind every time Yolanda gives advice to someone.  I was picturing her as one of those gypsy mannequins in the glass case you see at the circus or fair in which you deposit a quarter, and she'd point to a card and give you your fortune, but the Yoda picture is soooo much better!

• Love 2

Here is the difference between Adrienne and Lisar/HH.  It seems the "secret" was leaked.  Andy was even mad that Adrienne confirmed before the season finale.  Everyone seemed to know what the secret was and it was a mere formality that it was not aired.  Yes, Adrienne did threaten NBC/Universal with legal action-not that idiot Brandi, because she had a contract that excluded her children from the normal conditions of subjecting oneself to falsehoods and editing.  Suing Brandi would not have achieved not airing the surrogacy.  This story has been out since November of 2014 if there was something there would a body by now or a substantiated rumor.

Now we have Kyle saying that Kim did not cop to making anything up.  Kim's comments are pretty generic.  She says pretty much the same thing this week to Eileen to "focus on your own family", and that is after Eileen suggests that talking about sobriety is a slippery slope.  http://extratv.com/2015/03/05/kyle-richards-responds-to-rhobh-fight-between-sister-kim-and-lisa-rinna/  I think it is pretty much a catch all retort for Kim.  I guess she has surpassed the 'your mama' phase in her life.

• Love 4

So, with Yo graciously attempting to mentor Kyle onto a path of more perfect codependency, and Brandi's absurd glamorizing in her blog of Kim as "...a cold-steel assassin. She walked in like Eastwood, armed, silent, detached, and took her seat. Then she waited.", it's looking to me like the people who were speculating that the set up came from Kim and Brandi's side were really on the money. Yo wasn't spearheading some misguided intervention attempt, she was opening up the floor to things that touched people "deeply" so she could defend Bella and set the stage for Kim to speak her piece.

As I watched it, that scene of Yo comforting a sobbing Lisar reminded me a lot of when Yo comforted a sobbing Kyle after the Dream Team had a go at her. Now, even more so, and I wonder if Yo's feeling the déjà vu, too.

• Love 5
(edited)

You're right. It doesn't prove she knew. However, if you really believe that LisaR did not know Kim was coming to her room, I've got a bridge you may want to buy. Regardless of the fact that we can't prove it one way or the other, it's something that I just can't make myself believe.

My take on Bravo's intention is probably the opposite of yours.

I think Andy/Bravo absolutely relish catching these women off guard and hope to capture them in the worst possible light in the most uncomfortable situations, not just in this franchise, but in all of the franchises.  

I think they have far more to gain in terms of ratings payoff with a "sneak attack" than with forewarning.

Such as in this case.

Mileage may and will vary, of course.  

Thanks, AnnA.  I just looked at that site and I can't figure out how to see how the ratings have compared to the rest of the season.

That's probably exactly why Bravo started with the First Looks.  But it didn't work on my husband. He's caught a handful of RHONY epis with me.  Not a regular watcher at all. After watching one of the BH First Looks, this was his response, "How can you watch this garbage?"  Left room in disgust, leaving me sitting there a little embarrassed. LOL.  So he's not one of the ones to be lured in my what the First Looks is showing.  

(Don't think I didn't ask him the same question as he watched "Fat N Furious: Rolling Thunder"  a show about four morbidly obese guys who work on muscle cars.  I watched as one got stuck in a Camaro and had to be practically cut out by the Jaws of Life.  But because it's on the Discovery Channel.....)

I'm so lucky in that Mr. Persnickety loves these craptastic shows as much as I do.

He's the one that got me hooked on VPR.

No shame in our game.  We love this tawdry crap.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5