Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

There's a new pic of Sara & Constantine with the article:

https://variety.com/gallery/fall-2018-returning-tv-shows-preview-gallery/#!12/the-virgin-gary

“Instead of chasing down historical anachronisms and returning them to their proper places in history, this season we are following through on the promise of the decapitated dragon we met in last season’s finale. … Obviously Constantine is going to mix things up when he joins the Legends on the Waverider. Ava is surprisingly cool about having Sara’s one-time lover on the ship. Rory reacts to Constantine the way he reacts to most new things, which is to say his first impulse is to light him on fire. Meanwhile, Nate is going to reconnect with his father [and] as such, Nate will spend a lot more time in 2018 — which will give him a chance to see the inner workings of the Time Bureau. Last season, Ava Sharpe and the Bureau served as foils to our Legends but this season they will be our allies. And we’re not done exploring the burgeoning relationship between Ray Palmer and [Nora]. They’ve got some impediments in the way of their romance, however. First and foremost: the fact that Constantine things that Ray’s feelings for Nora are going to doom the guileless boy scout. And when Constantine speaks of doomed love affairs, he knows what he’s talking about. Over the course of the season we’re going to uncover the tragic events that transpired in his life between last season and the new one.”

– Phil Klemmer, showrunner

DEAN BUSCHER/THE CW

Edited by Proteus

406's director isn't April Mullen, though. I wonder if 406 is more Nate/his dad-heavy, and the others aren't needed as much, so they're starting to film scenes from 407 early?

I hope Legends doesn't become Constantine and Friends.

And that's the Wolfman we know from the casting some time ago. He definitely looks athletic.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

I don't think it will become Constantine and Friends.  Constantine doesn't have friends.  Fiends, yes, but not friends.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

406's director isn't April Mullen, though. I wonder if 406 is more Nate/his dad-heavy, and the others aren't needed as much, so they're starting to film scenes from 407 early?

And that's the Wolfman we know from the casting some time ago. He definitely looks athletic.

I worry if so because that means he has a series regular option for season 5 and the cast is getting very bloated. I'd rather the wolf creature being cast just be Alaskas wolf form.

I see a lot worried about Constantine and when PK talks about how he'll be involved in everyone's stories I understand why. But hopefully Legends will balance him well.

• Love 1

Maybe I’m missing something, but I haven’t seen anything about a “Big Bad” this season. I know the Legends will be dealing with the time fugitives, but in past seasons the small problems (like aberrations/anachronisms) would lead up to the Big Bad (Legion of Doom/Mallus). So now I wonder if the former teammate gone bad is just a one-off or if they’ll be a bigger villain tying things together?

I think Constantine will be in every episode, as Matt has said he'll be in all 16 episodes. I do wonder if he'll still be on Legends next season since I presume they'll be dealing with another theme. Maybe he'll get his own show on CW.

15 hours ago, lurker22 said:

It would be great if they use the Stein doll they had last season as the stab-by, stab-by, kill-y, kill-y villain in the episode. It'll be a nod to Victor Garber without having him on the show.

Hah, that would be funny, that thing was already creepy and Mick's reactions would  definitely be worth it.

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)
"The Virgin Gary" (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

IT'S ALL MAGICAL — After the Legends defeated Mallus and wiped the final anachronism from time, they find themselves in unfamiliar territory with the Time Bureau. All that changes when Constantine (Matt Ryan) informs Sara (Caity Lotz) of a new magical threat that leads the team to Woodstock. Constantine thinks he knows how to defeat the new threat, but will need the help of the team and their special klepto talents to help with his spell. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) go on an adventure leaving Nate facing someone from his past. Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan and Courtney Ford also star. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Grainne Godfree (#401). Original airdate 10/22/2018. 

Source: The CW

5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

That's why it's easy to fit in with the Legends. They are heroes but if someone asks them to steal some stuff they are game of that too. 

They also own up to the fact that they're not perfect and that given even the simplest mission, nine times out of ten, they'll screw it up somehow, yet they'll also somehow manage to snatch Victory out of the jaws of Defeat even after screwing up.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

They also own up to the fact that they're not perfect and that given even the simplest mission, nine times out of ten, they'll screw it up somehow, yet they'll also somehow manage to snatch Victory out of the jaws of Defeat even after screwing up.

They screw things up for the better.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I knew someone was missing, but it took me a few minutes to realize it was Nate/Nick.

And a big no to that mustache.

Jes posted to Nick here that they missed him. I keep wondering if this may be Nates last season:

Edited by Proteus
2 hours ago, Proteus said:

Spoiler filled season4 promo:

So I wonder what's with the scene of Zari, Mick, Sara, Amaya in her outfit from last season, and Zari again flipping back & forth. 

This season looks really fun. Hopefully Constantine doesn't over take things.

• Love 2

That promo gave me PTSD flashbacks to the later seasons of Charmed, but since this is the show that made Beebo the most amazing thing ever, hopefully they can pull off magical creatures successfully too, right?

3 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I literally cannot express the depth of joy this show gives me:

https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1044996728661803008?s=19

ETA: Groddamnit, why won't this tweet embed?!

That has actually made the world a slightly better place, and I thank TPTB for coming up with it and Miss Dee for sharing it. It's too cute-tastic for words.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

That promo gave me PTSD flashbacks to the later seasons of Charmed, but since this is the show that made Beebo the most amazing thing ever, hopefully they can pull off magical creatures successfully too, right?

All the magic scenes have been giving me a Supernatural vibe. I’m just waiting for LoT to do their version of “The French Mistake” - a Supernatural episode where the two main characters crossover into the real world and are mistaken for their real world counterparts. Also, in this episode one of the characters learns that his real world counterpart is married to an actress who portrayed a villain on the show.

7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wouldn't put it past these writers to turn the team into cats for a bit. Or maybe they are going to get a pet cat. 

Is there a famous fairytale or historical cat? I'm not a cat person. 

Puss in Boots?

@tarotx: How did you get my post to embed in your post?!

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Or maybe they are going to get a pet cat.

I'm calling it now: with Axl sadly passed on Mick will end up with a pet cat and Ray will name it something adorable, like Sir Fluffkins. Zari will make snarky comments about it but bond with it when she thinks no one is looking.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wouldn't put it past these writers to turn the team into cats for a bit. Or maybe they are going to get a pet cat. 

You never heard of Puss-in-Boots?

1 hour ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Where is Rory,  I mean Rip,  is he gone this season?

Yeah, Rip sacrificed himself at the end of last season to slow Mallus down.

Thanks @lurker22 for finding this. I'm posting in the spoilers thread so I can discuss the spoilers:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-phil-klemmer-season-4-primer-1147795

This makes me wonder if we may see Nates father against the magical fugitives. I wonder how Ava, whose now head of the Time Bureau, will stand.

Charlie sounds really interesting.

I wonder how much time will be devoted to Constantine.

• Love 1

The third episode is supposed to have punk rock in it, I think? But they should be well beyond that episode by now.

Still, the thought of Brandon Routh singing punk rock puts the biggest grin on my face. I only hope that if it happens, we get to see Mick's reaction.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Still, the thought of Brandon Routh singing punk rock puts the biggest grin on my face. I only hope that if it happens, we get to see Mick's reaction.

Now you've made me need to see Brandon Routh singing the Sid Vicious version of "My Way."

• Love 2

Didn’t we see hear somewhere that they may revisit the 70s side of last season’s “Here I Go Again” and show us what Sara and her backup singers were up to while Zari was “upgrading” Gideon and Mick was stealing Shorty’s hit single? Or did I imagine that?

34 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Now you've made me need to see Brandon Routh singing the Sid Vicious version of "My Way."

Neither nor Ray nor Brandon would kill a cat. I don't believe :) . 

12 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Didn’t we see hear somewhere that they may revisit the 70s side of last season’s “Here I Go Again” and show us what Sara and her backup singers were up to while Zari was “upgrading” Gideon and Mick was stealing Shorty’s hit single? Or did I imagine that?

Could be why there was a clip of Amaya in her 70s outfit in the most recent promo.

• Love 1

Oh my - they're filming No 8, right? The one with the infamous "To-Meow-Meow" title? What if they're in the voice booth because they're getting altered into kittens and we only hear their thoughts in voiceover?!

See, with any other show, I'd scoff and say "Don't be ridiculous; there's no way they're doing anything that insane." But with *this* show....

• Love 3
On 10/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, Maelstrom said:

Do you mean this?

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/27797-tomorrow-today-media-behind-the-scenes-of-lot/?page=31&tab=comments#comment-4569599

On 10/5/2018 at 2:15 AM, Miss Dee said:

Oh my - they're filming No 8, right? The one with the infamous "To-Meow-Meow" title? What if they're in the voice booth because they're getting altered into kittens and we only hear their thoughts in voiceover?!

See, with any other show, I'd scoff and say "Don't be ridiculous; there's no way they're doing anything that insane." But with *this* show....

That's what I thought too! Maybe Nate and Ray were messing around with a magic spell, and Sara comes in to tell them to quiet down (it's happened before), and they all got accidentally turned into cats, lol. The papers Brandon had with him in the recording booth looked like scripts. And this episode was the one that was (tentatively) titled "Someone's getting fired for this", so I wouldn't bet against them pulling out shenanigans like this, lol.

• Love 1
On 9/27/2018 at 6:25 AM, Sakura12 said:

I saw the title and wondered if this was the episode where the team gets turned into cartoon cats.  The King of the Cats is an old folktale, but if anyone could pull it off, it's be the legends.  And since we already met King Arthur, why not have the Cath Palug.

On 9/27/2018 at 4:12 PM, Maelstrom said:

I'm calling it now: with Axl sadly passed on Mick will end up with a pet cat and Ray will name it something adorable, like Sir Fluffkins. Zari will make snarky comments about it but bond with it when she thinks no one is looking.

Last season, Mick told Zari she looked like a cat in the dryer, and Zari responded, "That's not funny, I love cats."

• Love 2

I'm gonna repeat what I said on Reddit: if we don't get to see animal-loving Mick pick up a stray kitty and get all gooshy over it, and if we don't get to see his reaction once he discovers that cute l'il kitty he gooshed over was actually Ray...then honestly, what is the point of even writing this episode??

• Love 2

From CW:

“Witch Hunt” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

NOT YOUR TYPICAL FAIRY GODMOTHER —  When the magical Time Seismograph goes off, the team finds themselves headed to the Salem witch trials. Sara (Caity Lotz) notices that Zari (Tala Ashe) is taking this case personally when she promises to save a mom, who is being accused of being a witch. However, the team quickly learns that there is a magical creature in the town creating problems they hadn’t been expecting. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Ava (Jes Macallan) work together to try to keep their Time Bureau funding by proving to them that magic exists. Matt Ryan, Dominic Purcell and Brandon Routh also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode.

• Love 2

The Zari/Sara spoiler sounds interesting.

Thats interesting that The Time Bureau is going to need to keep their funding. I look forward to seeing Ava & Nate working together. I'd assume this is where Nates father comes in.

• Love 3