Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

(edited)

Legends is casting two new roles. One a series regular:

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/exclusive-legends-season-4-breakdown-legendary-parent/

First up is a new series regular Asian character whose name is “Ali”, potentially a cover name for a DC character, but you never know. She is somewhere in her 20s as a young woman who is searching deeply for her mission in life. Teased as a mega-intelligent and sharp as heck person, “Ali” tends to sometimes be a little aloof and being too distracted by her own imagination as well as romantic impulses. She loves YA literature as well as fantasy novels hence her hunger and curiosity for adventures. Despite her disappointment with the state of the world, “Ali” continues to keep an optimistic head as much as possible with any situation that she faces. “Ali” also has a deep love for animals as she believes each animal has a purpose to fulfill on our planet.

Next up is a recurring new player who is related to one of our Legends! After having met his superhero-y grandfather in Season 2, we’ll be meeting Nate Heywood’s (Nick Zano) father Hank Heywood! He is somewhere in his 60s and while he is loved by many, his son Nate is not one of them. Their relationship is a very mixed one as Hank is always on his son’s back for not doing more with his life. Having served in the military, Hank is now working for the Department of Defense. Carrying a Woody Harrelson-y charm, Hank takes traditional values very seriously such as patriotism and sacrifice. But he isn’t being a dick about his beliefs and while Nate may have had his list of failures in life; Hank loves his son as much as a father possibly could.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

Yay for Asian character, boo for more Nate storylines. 

Are they going to use Nate's a-hole dad to try to make us like him better? I tolerated him in season 3 when he wasn't the main focus. With his Dad being a character that means he's going to get a storyline. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Yay for Asian character, boo for more Nate storylines. 

Same.  

Nate has grown on me somewhat, but I still usually only like him as a supporting character to the others.  I still tend to get annoyed with him when he gets the focus.

I wonder what DC character the new character might be?

• Love 1

Angsty daddy issues Nate sounds better than schmoopy romantic lead Nate, but I’d still rather watch Mick, Sara, Zari, or Ray instead. Or any combination of those four. The most tolerable version of Nate IMO is supportive buddy Nate.

The new character sounds interesting, my first impression is that she’s a less cynical version of Zari but I’m sure there’s more to her than that. This is the first promising news about next season that I’ve heard.

• Love 3

Everyone knows how I feel about Nate so more of him isn't something I'm happy about. But maybe this story will at least keep him from obsessing about Amaya 2.0 when she shows up. Nate isn't as bad as he was in season 2, but he still feels to me like a pointless character whose just another Ray.

We have a pretty good idea for what all the characters will be doing next season except for Mick & Zari. I hope they don't get sidelined. The Vixenwave shipper in me is low key hoping that the show does something with Mick & Amaya 2.0.

I am excited about the new female Asian regular as well. Interesting that we will now have equal members of the sexes on the Waverider & five female regulars altogether.

Heres an actresses audition video for the role:

• Love 1

I realize you can't tell anything from the sides, but a young woman who joins the Time Bureau and gets turned into a werewolf? And now she's on the Waverider because Ray wants to cure her? Actress in the audition video is very cute, though.

16 hours ago, Proteus said:

Next up is a recurring new player who is related to one of our Legends! After having met his superhero-y grandfather in Season 2, we’ll be meeting Nate Heywood’s (Nick Zano) father Hank Heywood! He is somewhere in his 60s and while he is loved by many, his son Nate is not one of them. Their relationship is a very mixed one as Hank is always on his son’s back for not doing more with his life. Having served in the military, Hank is now working for the Department of Defense. Carrying a Woody Harrelson-y charm, Hank takes traditional values very seriously such as patriotism and sacrifice. But he isn’t being a dick about his beliefs and while Nate may have had his list of failures in life; Hank loves his son as much as a father possibly could.

His dad sounds a piece of work, but I'm ok with more Nate...because it's not a romantic storyline. I actually liked Nate's story with his grandfather, and I'm a huge fan of family storylines in general (even if they suck....looking at you, Lance family) so I'm thinking this could be decent. 

Also, Hank, the reason your son didn't do more with his life is because he could have gotten a papercut and ended up in the hospital. I know the show has seemed to forget about this tiny fact (one of the few missteps they've had was not exploring Nate's hemophilia more, so maybe that'll happen here) but I sure haven't. 

16 hours ago, Proteus said:

First up is a new series regular Asian character whose name is “Ali”, potentially a cover name for a DC character, but you never know. She is somewhere in her 20s as a young woman who is searching deeply for her mission in life. Teased as a mega-intelligent and sharp as heck person, “Ali” tends to sometimes be a little aloof and being too distracted by her own imagination as well as romantic impulses. She loves YA literature as well as fantasy novels hence her hunger and curiosity for adventures. Despite her disappointment with the state of the world, “Ali” continues to keep an optimistic head as much as possible with any situation that she faces. “Ali” also has a deep love for animals as she believes each animal has a purpose to fulfill on our planet.

I mean, I'm glad for them casting an Asian actress for this role, but the character doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Though it'll be interesting to see a more optimistic daydreamer being cast against the others. All of the females we've had have been a little more on the serious/cynical side, so this would at least be a change. 

• Love 1

If this "optimistic dreamer" ends up being a love interest for Mick in the same season a "cynical bad girl" becomes the love interest for Ray: I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh. Laugh bitterly, but still.

BTW, "laugh" really looks like it's spelled wrong when you use it over and over and over.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MarkHB said:

but a young woman who joins the Time Bureau and gets turned into a werewolf? And now she's on the Waverider because Ray wants to cure her?

A werewolf? Really?  The CGI for that should be entertaining. :/ 

Are there any DC characters that are werewolves, or is this a wholly original character?

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

the character doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Though it'll be interesting to see a more optimistic daydreamer being cast against the others. All of the females we've had have been a little more on the serious/cynical side, so this would at least be a change. 

I think it will depend on the actress, for me.  It doesn’t sound like my type of character either, but it really will depends on how they handle it.

• Love 1

Audition scripts should be taken with a grain of salt in regards to the werewolf thing. But even if that does makes it to screen, it doesn't mean it'd be more than a one episode thing.

A werewolf doesn't have to be CGI. It can be done with makeup magic.  Maybe a combo.

I don't know why but I'm picturing this new girl a bit like Ella on Lucifer. 

So, with the announcement of Courtney Ford joining as a regular, and with Ali announced as a regular, it's awesome to see more female regulars than male regulars. That seems like a rarity in an ensemble show nowadays. We will have seven female regulars for sure, and four male regulars, unless they add in one more male character. But still, that is super awesome. 

I'm pretty sure Ali won't actually be a werewolf. If she is, though, I'm going to laugh.

28 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Seven?

1. Sara
  2. Whatever character Maisie is playing.
  3. Zari
  4. Ava
  5. Nora
  6. ”Ali”
  7. who am I forgetting?

I mean, I count Gideon as a character :) Amy Pemberton is never forgotten by me, even if she's mostly just a voice on the show.

But still, there are seven actresses in a series regular role even if you don't count Gideon.

• Love 2

I believed it right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it changed/was a joke but for series for the last season at least went out of their way to do funny/punny/ironic titles anything is possibly. Like a Big Giant Fruby/Elmo saving the world.

And yeah non name Beebo eps "Guest Starring John Noble" takes the biscuit in layers upon layers until it's just flat out awesome Batshittery. IMO. "Necromancing the Stone" "Here I go Again" (after an Abba themed mission)"Daddy Darhkest" "Aruba-con" etc

The title is just more of the same. 

• Love 2
On 7/3/2018 at 9:00 AM, Sakura12 said:

Watch it be about a drink named after him. 

I wonder if they would put John and Gary together. 

Thank you for putting that out into the universe,  I want that to happen. 

Well since this season is supposedly about everything else they let out with Mallus it makes sense (but this is LOT),

I suppose some form of Mallus that wasn't Beeboed might be around/ in someone's head/flashback/just JN playing JN again etc. 

• Love 1

Well from it does seem that at least they are aware that Arrow's Civil War storyline was not received well.  Hopefully it makes sense with the characters and no one is twisted around to fit their plot.  Even though one of the best things about Legends was that the team was more like a family then the rest of the shows. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Even family fight so I can deal with this if they keep the characters true to themselves and have both sides fully understood. The Arrow fight was stupid because NTA just didn't have reason to be on a different side than OTA. It was f-cked up. OTA has bugged and had traces on each other, Roy and Sara. OTA had reason to think someone betrayed them because hello someone did. The writers wanted the team to fight and it happened but for no real story reason. It was all about the fight. You can have the purpose be to divide the team but it has to be right for the characters and fully developed. Plus I don't feel like I knew NTA enough to care about the fight. I was all bye bye bye to the newbies. It won't be that way with Legends. I care about everybody to a degree. Even Nate and Constantine. But especially Ray and Sara&Mick. And if the two sides are OTA mixed it both works and is heartbreaking. Unlike with Arrow when the Diggle vs Oliver was just thrown in. It was stupid. Diggle did not want to be Green Arrow. SMH at Arrow. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 4
(edited)

They do fight like family but then when it counts they have worked together. I don't want them ruining that just to fit a Civil War storyline in. However yes like CA: Civil War, we care about all of these characters unlike on Arrow. So it will be more painful to watch.  I just want them to keep everyone in character. If Ray wants to join Nora because he's a dope in love and is tempted to be bad for once in in life, I'll buy that. for a little bit. But Ray's natural hero instincts should kick in when his team is in trouble. 

I also don't want to see mopey, angry Sara again. I know her father died but we already saw that storyline and I liked Quentin.  He died stupidly for someone who is not his daughter, so that kind of takes away my caring about it. I'd rather Sara throw herself into her work as Captain and fighting demons and mythical creatures instead of crying about her lost family.  Let her take her anger out by slaying a dragon or riding a unicorn into battle. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I'm really glad that PK says that Sara & Ava will not be tortured. Good. I don't want any angst over whether they are together or not so I'm glad they won't be doing that. Also looking forward to Ray & Nora.

I love that Maises new character will be Amaya's opposite. I hope she bonds with Mick.

Looking forward to Zaris centered episode.

I like how the fugitive story sounds. Why the Legends will be at odds makes more sense now.

• Love 1
(edited)

I’m only posting this here because I wanted to note that based on Tala’s and Brandon’s outfits it looks like the Legends are going to the 50s. BR really looks like Clark Kent in those glasses.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:13 PM, Sakura12 said:

They do fight like family but then when it counts they have worked together. I don't want them ruining that just to fit a Civil War storyline in. However yes like CA: Civil War, we care about all of these characters unlike on Arrow. So it will be more painful to watch.  I just want them to keep everyone in character. If Ray wants to join Nora because he's a dope in love and is tempted to be bad for once in in life, I'll buy that. for a little bit. But Ray's natural hero instincts should kick in when his team is in trouble. 

Someone on here made a good argument that Ray’s hero instincts are going to be the reason he breaks from the team in the first place. I can totally see that happening. Look at last year’s season finale - he disobeyed Sara, punched Nate, stole the jump ship and committed a huge time travel no-no, all because he believed that saving Nora was the right thing to do. 

I’m a little confused on one thing. Will the Legends be at odds and in addition to that Ray will be breaking bad or will Ray turn then have some of the Legends join his side? I feel like having three factions (Legends vs Legends vs Ray) is too much.  

Edited by BaggythePanther
Grammar & clarity
  • Love 1

The LoT trailer was too much footage of last season. I suppose they didn't want to give too much away. 

One of my wishes was to have Sara riding a unicorn and a unicorn showed up in the trailer. 

Also where was Sara when Constantine showed up? Ava's apartment? 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Also where was Sara when Constantine showed up? Ava's apartment? 

It did look like an apartment or a house. If it was Ava's house, then Constantine just broke into it like nobody's business. Apparently no place in Arrowverse has any kind of basic security, lol.

And was Sara walking with the Beatles as a Pan Am air stewardess? I'm glad to finally see her costumes for that episode.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

I've never heard Dominic's natural speaking voice before.  He's got a really nice baritone -- and am I hearing just a slight hint of an accent?

He's Australian. But his accent has dwindled somewhat since he's been working in the States; and mainly doing American accents.

• Love 1
(edited)

He has a lovely voice. I'd love for an episode to include one of Mick's ancestors who happens to be a really posh something or other from one of the colonies, just to give Purcell the chance to show off what he could sound like.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Miss Dee said:

He has a lovely voice. I'd love for an episode to include one of Mick's ancestors who happens to be a really posh something or other from one of the colonies, just to give Purcell the chance to show off what he could sound like.

Oh, I can just see Mick's reaction to meeting an ancestor who sounded like that -- but yes, it would be a great way for Dominic to show off his natural speaking voice (plus I'm sure that the gravelly tone he adopts for Mick HAS to do a real number on his vocal cords!).

• Love 2

I loved everything said at SDCC. I'm so glad that Ava & Sara are in a good place. I loved the new scenes of them in the trailer. 

Really happy that it seems from what PK said that Charlie & Nate aren't happening. I love that both EPs say Charlie & Mick will form a friendship/bond. 

The Constantine/Mick conflict sounds fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Ray & Nora.

The new character Alaska sound interesting. I like that the show is building up the Time Bureaus ranks.

• Love 3

I really hope they explain why Nate can’t tell his father he’s a Legend. They’ve never really adopted secret identities and barely use their superhero names (has anyone ever actually referred to Nate as Citizen Steel?).

8 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Really happy that it seems from what PK said that Charlie & Nate aren't happening. I love that both EPs say Charlie & Mick will form a friendship/bond. 

I never minded Nate/Amaya but I’m glad that the new character will have new relationships. I’m sure it’ll be weird for the characters but as long as they don’t lock Charlie up in a room and try and convince her she’s Amaya, it should be fine.

• Love 3