Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, lurker22 said:

More Zari/Sara scenes are always welcome.

Nate's father is probably the one that wants to take away their funding.

Yeah, I think Nates dad will at least start out as a thorn in everyone's side. He will probably be the new human antagonist taking early Avas role from last season.

• Love 2

Legends of Tomorrow Has Its Own 'Crossover' Plan for Crossover Week

The Legends of Tomorrow may not be a part of this year’s Arrowverse crossover event, but they’re going to serve up something extra-special that week nonetheless.

As previously reported, The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl will meet Batwoman as part a crossover event that is titled “Elseworlds” and airs on consecutive nights Sunday, Dec. 9 through Tuesday, Dec. 11. Legends, which got folded into the previous crossovers (“Invasion!” and “Crisis on Earth-X”), is sitting out this time around (as detailed in the cast video Q&A below).

But as Legends showrunner Keto Shimizu told TVLine at The CW’s Fall Launch event held Sunday night at the Warner Bros. lot, “During the week that all the other crossovers are happening, we will essentially be crossing over with ourselves,” in an episode that will traverse “alternate time periods.”

“That particular episode is insane,” attested Legends lead Caity Lotz, who added: “I think they wanted to do something special since we weren’t going to be doing the [‘Elseworlds’] crossovers.”

Lotz teased that, in keeping with what Shmizu said above about “alternate” time periods, “You’ll see a lot of different sides of the Legends.” And from the sound of it, those sides will be interacting with themselves (a la the Season 2 finale involving the Spear of Destiny).

“I’ll just say it’s a lot of work for the people who are in those scenes!” laughed Tala Ashe, who plays Zari. “It’s fun.”

I think we'll see Doomworld Sara and Ava, and singers Sara, Ray and Nate. 

It's going to be strange having such a wacky, crazy episode in the middle of presumably a broody and dark crossover.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, lurker22 said:

It's going to be strange having such a wacky, crazy episode in the middle of presumably a broody and dark crossover.

They do look Doomworld like:

On 10/14/2018 at 10:05 PM, lurker22 said:

And yet par for the course for this show, which totally embraces its overall insanity and wears it like a badge of honor.  It's become quite the palate cleanser after the angsty soap operas that Arrow, Flash, and occasionally even Supergirl have become, and I'm here for ALL of it!

• Love 4

Fucking fuck that looks fucking awesome!! Only this show could start the season with a unicorn impaling hippies at Woodstock and get crazier from there. And you're completely right shantown, there's no way in the world you could possibly explain any of it to someone unfamiliar with the show.

• Love 2

That trailer is made of so much awesome.  It's probably only a metter of time before I start saying: What in the Disney hell is this?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:09 PM, Proteus said:

Thats interesting that The Time Bureau is going to need to keep their funding. I look forward to seeing Ava & Nate working together. I'd assume this is where Nates father comes in.

I took it that Ava and Nate are working on their own special project that the Time Bureau itself is funding.

• Love 2

https://tvline.com/2018/10/17/supergirl-season-4-spoilers-kara-lena-friendship-luthor-rivalry/

Any news on the upcoming premiere of Legends of Tomorrow? Specifically regarding Avalance? –Stefanie
The forecast calls for an avalanche of Avalance goodness.

Who/what will be the villain this season on Legends of Tomorrow? –Kevin
As the wackadoodle new trailer suggests, pissy fairy godmothers and murderous unicorns are among the magical mischief-makers Sara & Co. will face on a weekly basis. But when it comes to the Big Bad, “It’s complicated. Because it changes,” co-showrunner Keto Shimizu told us at The CW’s Fall Launch event. “I don’t know if I can say it specifically without giving it away. But I will say it’s sort of ‘humanity’s own failings.'” (Being The CW, you can trust that Humanity’s Failings will be played by someone young and attractive.)

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

More at the link:

https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-preview/#1-anachronisms-are-so-last-year

1. Anachronisms are so last year 

In season 2, the Legends were tasked with fixing time abberrations, and season 3 was all about time anachronisms. This year, the zainy superhero show is moving beyond threats that begin with the letter “a” to focus on problems that are even weirder: time fugitives, which are magical creatures from myth, fairytales and legend that were imprisoned in another dimension — emphasis on “were.”

“With the release of Mallus last year, the barrier between all kinds of dimensions has been weakened, therefore if you let one out, a whole bunch of other get out,” executive producer Keto Shimizu tells EW. “These things have now been spat out across the timeline and our job is to hunt them down and re-imprison them in various forms.”

So you can expect to the Legends to face unicorns at Woodstock, fairy godmothers in Salem, Massachusetts, and leprechauns in ’70s punk rock London in the first three episodes; however, the show is putting it’s own spin on these creatures.

“We see a unicorn, but it’s not the unicorn you would think from fairy tales. It’s a murderous unicorn,” teases star Caity Lotz about the Woodstock-set season premiere. “It’s kind of a fun take on stories and characters that you’ve heard before, but seeing them in a new light.

For executive producer Phil Klemmer, these creatures also add a level of moral complexity to the Legends’ adventures. “It’s not just fixing history and moving onto the next one. It’s like figuring out, is this an evil creatures? What do we do wit hit? Do you sent it to hell? Do you send a unicorn to hell? Is that fair?” says Klemmer.

2. The Legends and the Time Bureau have buried the hatchet

Peace at last! The bumbling Legends will no longer be at odds with the uptight Time Bureau — and it’s not just because Sara is dating the Bureau’s director, Ava (Jes Macallan).”Having saved time from Mallus, they have earned the ability to walk into the Time Bureau with their heads held high. We wanted to integrate them into the world of the Bureau and legitimize them,” says Klemmer. “The influence of the Legends on the Bureau is also felt in that we can have madcap, goofy officeplace story lines.”

3. Constantine will join the Legends with a lot of baggage hidden under his uniform trenchcoat. 

Matt Ryan’s trench-coat wearing loaner resists joining the Legends full-time at first. “It’s not the easiest thing to get him onboard. He doesn’t just jump in with two feet,” says Lotz. “He keeps insisting he’s not a Legend and he’s just there to help us out, but I think he eventually will start to learn that he fits in just great with us.”

We wonder if his reluctance to fully sign on has something to do with the fact that he’s keeping something from the Legends?

“We’re going to uncover that a lot happened to him between seasons that’s really going to complicate, especially the second half of this season, our sort of mythology and all the serialized stuff,” says Klemmer

Having Constantine on the Waverider has also affected the show’s tone. “Bringing Constantine into our world, the mandate for us was to make these stories more mysterious, to make them spookier, to make them more terrifying,” says Klemmer. “A lot of times we’re chasing things it takes a while for us to uncover. It’s not the big, bold Technicolor Legends knowing in the first act exactly what we’re dealing with. We have to sort of wade into some murky waters, and there’s a lot of sort of mystery and discovery to the show, which is cool. It makes it a much more dark, in a fun way, vibe this season.”

4. Sara is trying to maintain a sense of normalcy, despite a certain "devil on her shoulder" 

One of the biggest challenges Sara faces this season is “trying to have some kind of normalcy to her life, have a relationship,” says Lotz, referencing Sara relationship with Ava. “She finally has something in her life — like she’s lost everyone, lost her sister, lost her dad — and now she has Ava, who she loves, and she really wants to make it work, but it’s not easy to have a relationship and a normal life when you’re traveling through time and battling demons all the time.”

Unfortunately, having Constantine around might not the best thing for her. 

“He’s a little bit of a bad influence on Sara,” says Lotz. “He’s like how she used to be. He’s got a lot of darkness to him and the lone wolf thing. Sara has this loose hold on this new person that she is — she has a girlfriend, is leading the team, and is in charge and capable, and trying to stay positive. Then, you have someone like Constantine coming in and he’s a little bit of a devil on her shoulder."

5. Zari makes an unexpected connection 

Last season, Zari (Tala Ashe) was very much the odd woman out on the team up until Ashe’s standout time-loop episode “Here We Go Again.” Building on that progress, Zari’s bonds with her teammates will strengthen in season 4. 

“This season she has a community and she has friends,” says Ashe. “She still has that guardedness with certain characters that enter the scene who are new, but she also has people she can lean on. I think that opens her heart a little bit and makes for the possibility of deeper relationships.” 

One of those people she develops a non-romantic connection to is none other than Constantine. “Bringing another wounded soul like Constantine onto the ship is a chance for Zari to allow herself to open up and to allow Constantine to do the same,” says Klemmer. 

6. Nate will test out adulting

Nate (Nick Zano) has experienced a lot in the past two years — from having his heart broken to, well, becoming a superhero; however, being a time traveler has also freed him from having to grow up. In order to examine how much he has changed, the writers decided to have Nate return to his life in the present and enter adulthood by not only reconnecting with his estranged father, Hank Heywood (Tom Wilson) but also getting a job at the Time Bureau. 

“We were ready to have him go back into the world and put on a suit and grow up a little bit,” says Klemmer. “[The Time Bureau] is a corporate shock world for Nate, and it’s complicated by the fact that’s the world where his dad spent his life — in the military working for the Pentagon — and now they’re now occupying the same work-sphere.” 

7. Ray will remain the soul of the team

While Sara is the team’s head, Ray is its heart, and he will continue to serve that function in season 4. “He’s this great barometer for us of ‘are we doing the right thing?’ He ends up helping to steer the team in a different direction part way through the season for good.” 

Obviously, the show will also dive into Ray’s relationship with Nora Darhk (Courtney Ford) after helping her escape the Time Bureau at the end of last season. 

“The two of them will be back in each other’s lives and learn quite a bit from each other,” teases Shimizu. 

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 3

Collider interview with Keto & Tala. Some new info:

http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-tala-ashe-and-keto-shimizu-interview/#images

Because she was the one who was so emotionally closed off from people, what’s it like to get to explore some of the new team dynamics? 

ASHE:  Zari has a couple of episodes where she’s working closely with John Constantine, who also is very closed off, so it’s two closed off people. It’s interesting for Zari to be in a dynamic where she’s poking him and is like, “Hey, this is a facade. What’s really going on with you?” She’s been on the other side of that coin, so it’s fun. As an actor, it’s nice to be able to bring in other things that she can play.

Image via The CW

What do you enjoy about the female camaraderie on this show? 

ASHE:  I think it’s really important to show that, and to show that women can be friends and support each other. On our show, there is some friction between Maisie [Richardson-Sellers’] new character and Zari because she has the body of Amaya, her old friend, but even in that instance, it’s human conflict. It’s not about women being catty, which we’ve seen enough of and we don’t need to see any more of.

Do you have any favorite time periods, this season? 

SHIMIZU:  I love them all so much! We have a great episode in Salem this year, and we’re shooting an amazing one right now in Mexico City in the ‘60s with Lucha Libre. It’s been all over the place. It’s the best to be able to write for all of that.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 4

Since we're going to Salem, and this location was literally only worked out about 2 years ago... here's the memorial at the actual site of the 1690 gallows.  (Incidentally, since it's close by... could any town other than Salem get away with having a place called "Gallows Hill Park"?)

• Love 1

This is Charlie's first episode, as well as Ramoma Young's character I think. Also the one where their were pics of Zari, Constantine, and Sara as a rock band. PK said something about leaperchans as well.

From CW:

“Dancing Queen” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

LONG LIVE THE CORGI — When the Legends discover a fugitive is hiding in 1970’s London, they realize he is part of a gang that is targeting the British Monarchy. Trying to stop the gang, they realize someone from the Legends must infiltrate them. Surprising everyone, Ray (Brandon Routh) is the one to gain their trust after he is put through a series of tests with help from Sara (Caity Lotz) and Rory (Dominic Purcell). Meanwhile, Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) shows Nate (Nick Zano) the ropes at the Time Bureau, but it turns out to be anything other than an ordinary day at the office. Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Matt Ryan and Jes Macallan also star. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by James Eagan & Morgan Faust (#403). Original airdate 11/5/2018.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

So that trailer scene of Ray running with the dog must be from this episode, right? Ray is convinced the assassin is masquerading as the Queen's corgi, and tries to dognap it? Which is why Mick thinks he's completely lost the plot?

So, as far as Nate interacting with his father this season, I've been wondering if they will touch on Nate's hemophilia (or even remember it). Does his father (or his mother, for that matter) know he has been "cured" of his hemophilia? I always thought that was such an interesting aspect of Nate's character that was completely forgotten after his second episode. It's not something you see in too many fictional characters, especially on an action show.

• Love 3

It would be a good source of tension. Nate's always had an ambivalent relationship with his father, and it being because his military alpha-dad was overprotective and a bit condescending (from Nate's POV) about his disability would be a logical source that ties into the history of the character.

• Love 2

One of the recent trailers had a clip of Nate telling his father he was a superhero. It didn’t sound like a confession but more like a “I’m a adult superhero now, so you can’t tell me what to do.” Hearing that exchange makes me hopeful they’ll bring it up, but I wouldn’t be surprised it they retconned it into Nate and his father butting heads because Nate was a bookworm or something like that.

• Love 1

Phil Klemmer said the big bad this season is someone (a human) who is good but has gotten sinister (paraphrased). I think the best bet is they are from Constantine's past (maybe whoever it was at the end of the premiere episode), since the season seems to be most focused on him. But I would love it if it turned out to be someone trying to avenge their loved one that Sara killed when she was in the League of Assassins. It would fit into all the things Constantine was telling Sara, about how she can't run away from her darkness. It won't happen, because Arrow has already done something like that. But I can dream, lol.

18 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

Phil Klemmer said the big bad this season is someone (a human) who is good but has gotten sinister (paraphrased). I think the best bet is they are from Constantine's past (maybe whoever it was at the end of the premiere episode), since the season seems to be most focused on him. But I would love it if it turned out to be someone trying to avenge their loved one that Sara killed when she was in the League of Assassins. It would fit into all the things Constantine was telling Sara, about how she can't run away from her darkness. It won't happen, because Arrow has already done something like that. But I can dream, lol.

I don't know, the Arrowverse in general loves repeating itself, though this show has the least problem with that. I think it's likely to be tied to Constantine though both because of the ending and they went to the trouble of making him a regular and constructing the season around him in terms of magic.

• Love 2

https://tvline.com/2018/10/25/josh-radnor-greys-anatomy-season-15-john-not-returning/

Question: What’s next for Legends of Tomorrow‘s Sara and Ava? —Justin
Ausiello: The couple of course took a biggish step forward in the season opener, and the road seems smooth for the foreseeable future. As Caity Lotz updated us at the time she was filming Episode 8, “They’re still moving forward, so they’re doing pretty good. We’ll see if it sticks for a full season, if they let us stay in this bliss. But yeah, they’re on a really nice path.”

Edited by Proteus

I love the Sara/Ava spoilers:

From CW:

“Wet Hot American Bummer” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

MEMORIES FOR A LIFETIME — When the Legends discover that kids at a summer camp have disappeared, Sara (Caity Lotz), Ava (Jes Macallan), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Constantine (Matt Ryan) find themselves as the new camp counselors. At camp, Ava struggles to get along with the kids, but Constantine whips up a potion that helps Sara and Ava bond with the children. Luckily, the team finds clues to the whereabouts of the missing kids, but the battle to save them leaves one member in bad shape. Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Zari (Tala Ashe) are tasked with watching the fugitive and Rory finds a kindship with their “prisoner.” Maisie Richardson-Sellers also stars. David Geddes directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Tyron B. Carter (#404).  Original airdate 11/12/2018.

• Love 1

More at the link:

https://www.themarysue.com/love-letters-of-tomorrow-legends-cast-discusses-relationships-old-and-new/

For one, Nate will meet shapeshifter Charlie, who currently looks just like Amaya. “It’s tense,” said Richardson-Sellers of the meeting. “He’s a bit overwhelmed by the situation … He sort of stumbles on her, and it’s quite a shock. And Charlie being Charlie doesn’t soften the blow at all.” But once they get past the shock, “She helps Nate get over Amaya … They do bond a bit.” But unfortu-Nate-ly, their first meeting is “in full view of Hank!”

Hank doesn’t look like he’ll be getting along with the rest of the Waverider crew, either. “Sara hates Hank,” Caity Lotz shared with us (while knitting on set). Hank seems to have some nefarious plans for the magical creatures the Time Bureau’s keeping, but that may come to light soon with the help of new addition Mona (Ramona Young).

The new expert on magical creatures, according to Young, “lives in a world of her own, and she’s kinda nerd, kinda geeky.” Mona has a very romantic personality, including being a fan of romance novels. She’s also “a huge fan” of Rory’s work, which will lead to comedy, and that romantic nature might also lead to real romance … with that nice werewolf she met recently? Weirder things have happened on Legends of Tomorrow.

As for some of the other relationships: Avalance continues to go strong, and Lotz said, “It’s fun to have that softer side of Sara.”

On the less soft side, Rory (Dominic Purcell) will continue to clash with Constantine for a while: “The clashing thing just made perfect sense,” Purcell shred. “Rory is always very suspicious of newcomers,” but “the respect is starting to emerge.”

Matt Ryan teased that Rory and Constantine end up “peas in a pod.” Will John be in any other relationships? “Uhhh … maybe,” Ryan hinted with a twinkle in his eye. We also heard the same sort of tease for Zari (Tala Ashe). It looks like there are some surprises in store for both, which will certainly be fun to watch, but if they get together, will we have to call it Zarstantine? Let’s workshop that.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

More at the link:

https://www.themarysue.com/love-letters-of-tomorrow-legends-cast-discusses-relationships-old-and-new/

For one, Nate will meet shapeshifter Charlie, who currently looks just like Amaya. “It’s tense,” said Richardson-Sellers of the meeting. “He’s a bit overwhelmed by the situation … He sort of stumbles on her, and it’s quite a shock. And Charlie being Charlie doesn’t soften the blow at all.” But once they get past the shock, “She helps Nate get over Amaya … They do bond a bit.” But unfortu-Nate-ly, their first meeting is “in full view of Hank!”

Hank doesn’t look like he’ll be getting along with the rest of the Waverider crew, either. “Sara hates Hank,” Caity Lotz shared with us (while knitting on set). Hank seems to have some nefarious plans for the magical creatures the Time Bureau’s keeping, but that may come to light soon with the help of new addition Mona (Ramona Young).

The new expert on magical creatures, according to Young, “lives in a world of her own, and she’s kinda nerd, kinda geeky.” Mona has a very romantic personality, including being a fan of romance novels. She’s also “a huge fan” of Rory’s work, which will lead to comedy, and that romantic nature might also lead to real romance … with that nice werewolf she met recently? Weirder things have happened on Legends of Tomorrow.

As for some of the other relationships: Avalance continues to go strong, and Lotz said, “It’s fun to have that softer side of Sara.”

On the less soft side, Rory (Dominic Purcell) will continue to clash with Constantine for a while: “The clashing thing just made perfect sense,” Purcell shred. “Rory is always very suspicious of newcomers,” but “the respect is starting to emerge.”

Matt Ryan teased that Rory and Constantine end up “peas in a pod.” Will John be in any other relationships? “Uhhh … maybe,” Ryan hinted with a twinkle in his eye. We also heard the same sort of tease for Zari (Tala Ashe). It looks like there are some surprises in store for both, which will certainly be fun to watch, but if they get together, will we have to call it Zarstantine? Let’s workshop that.

As long as we don't have Nate+Amaya2 or some crap, I'm fine with Nate meeting Charlie.  I feel a little bad for Hank learning that his son was in a serious relationship for a good two years with a woman who's either pushing 100 or more or dead of old age.

And of course Hank doesn't get along with the Legends.  He's a bureaucrat who's all about budgets, rules and procedures and the Legends are anything but that.

How is Mona a fan of Mick Rory's work?  Has he been publishing this stuff under a pseudonym all along?  And when the hell did Mona meet a werewolf?

I hope Zari doesn't get romantically involved with Constantine.  She seems too smart and savvy to do something like that.

Maybe now that the cat is out of the bag, Mick will start publishing.  Only he'll do it in the past so that Mina can be familiar with his work. 

Yeah, wheres this werewolf they're talking about.  Not too keen on another character being added. 

Also not interested in Zari and John hooking up.

• Love 3