Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's funny that the Grammys even seem over Beyonce's shit. She reading through her royal decree and they shifted to Rihanna -- one of the Beckys, if you believe the rumors -- fixing her shirt. It's like that seen during the Jesus play on Insecure where that one chick was like, "Good job, Tyrell".

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, kib said:

Saw him and Allen Stone together in a show last summer. Just outstanding!

Not that I like remembering this, but I had tickets to see Gary, Buddy Guy, Trombone Shorty, a few more acts, and Foo Fighters at RFK stadium 2 summers ago.  And then I couldn't go.  I'm still scarred.

But I poured more wine.  All is good.

• Love 5
Just now, kili said:

IDK. Sometimes, I think its okay to leave the kids at home. 

It's a long show. It's loud. It's not really targeted towards kids. If you can't stay in your seat, want to run on stage or empty the contents of your purse on the floor, you might be to young for the Grammys...or you might be Kayne West.

I think Blu Ivy has better manners than Kanye she at least didn't run on the stage. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

I think Blu Ivy has better manners than Kanye she at least didn't run on the stage. 

This is what I was going to say! At least she is not running onstage and telling the audience someone else should have won when she has not liked the winner.

• Love 7

This is the most boring Grammys I can remember.  With these incredibly talented performers, all of the music has seemed lackluster.   Even when they're belting out the songs or dancing their hearts out, the feeling -- to me and my household -- is just flat, nothing wow.  What's up?

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 3

Maren Morris looks like a country Selena Gomez. With, you know, actual talent. That said, this doesn't sound very good.

Alicia Keys what in the Chaka Khan hell is this shit? Damn. Am I the only person who hasn't really liked Alicia since her second album? And this performance is like a parade of old Beyonce looks. Alicia Keys looks like Work It Out Beyonce and Maren looks like Partition Beyonce.

• Love 4
Just now, Misslindsey said:

Am I suppose to know who the girl who is performing with Alicia Keys is? She looks like a lost Kardashian sister and she sounds awful, especially next to Alicia.

That's Maren Morris.  She just won an award a few minutes (or was it hours) ago for best country song.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

That's Maren Morris.  She just won an award a few minutes (or was it hours) ago for best country song.  

Oh sorry I do not pay the best attention to the country awards. Also, a lot of these younger country music women look similar and all run together in my mind.

• Love 3
Just now, Misslindsey said:

Oh sorry I do not pay the best attention to the country awards. Also, a lot of these younger country music women look similar and all run together in my mind.

Honestly, I grew up listening to top 40 radio.  And Broadway show tunes.  I never liked country.  Then I met Mr ebk.  And I've developed a real appreciation and love of old time country music, and some new stuff, in the past 25 years. 

And I adore Adele.

• Love 4

Fucking eh, I love GM, couldn't they find a more iconic song and do a medley or something?   Why something so down.  I think  Freedom would've been a great song, ugh.  UGHHHHHHHH.  I STAYED UP FOR THIS!!!!!

• Love 11

You know, it's sad that three of the men who sort of expanded the definition of sexuality for male pop stars -- Prince, George Michael, and David Bowie -- all passed away last year.

Aww, Adele. We still love you. Had it been most other singers we'd be hating, but it's you. So we're still good, boo.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 12

I loved the tweet I saw that said "Adele even messes up better than you."

If it were anyone else they would be eviscerated but when you got talent, you get a pass.  And I'm not saying that in a bad way because I think it's great that she started over.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

What is with Beyonce wearing a veil? It looks like an Indian Saree material.

She was trying to look like Kali, the Hindu Goddess.

OMG. Adele was so fabulous in the George Michael award.  What are they going to do for Prince and Bowie to top THAT?

2 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Fucking eh, I love GM, couldn't they find a more iconic song and do a medley or something?   Why something so down.  I think  Freedom would've been a great song, ugh.  UGHHHHHHHH.  I STAYED UP FOR THIS!!!!!

THIS.  Whatever you want to say about Gaga, at least her tribute to Bowie last year was upbeat and had some fun.  This 1) made me more sad that he's gone and 2) angry that THIS was the best song to honour him.  Give me some Wham! Give me "Outside" for kicks!  GIVE ME FREEDOM 90 which redefined him as an artist. 

I'm glad Adele had the balls to say "Eff this, we need to start over" and seemed relieved that it was over.  But I'm thinking this was a major miss on the tribute. 

• Love 11

This is pretty, but a bit of a dirge. George was fun. I think he would want us to have fun with his tribute. 

I'll blame it on the overall poor sound of the production, but I thought Adele sounded like she was passing a kidney stone.

And seriously, I get that this is a tribute to someone who has passed away, but tributes don't have to be maudlin. And if they are going to do one song for George Michael, how is it not Freedom 90, which is not only a classic, but also essentially his personal artistic manifesto? It would have been a far more fitting and touching tribute. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 4

As much as I love Adele, the Grammys should've taken my advice and gotten Adam Lambert. Get him to sing "One Last Try" and we'd all be talking about how great it was. As wonderful as Adele is, she's known for singing sad songs. George Michael was a little more fun and soulful than that.

• Love 10