Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm just here for the snark, just to get that out there, but I literally thought The Weekend was a group until last week. I don't listen to that much music, just on my 15 minute drive to and from work. 

I did, too! I'm surprised that it was just one dude with gravity defying hair. My music tastes are still stuck in the 90's grunge era and cheesy 80's pop.

• Love 3

I am mostly here for Hamilton.

I want to cry! We've tried to get Hamilton tickets to no avail. Well, we could get them if we took out a second mortgage on our house, but silly us we're not willing to do that.

After seeing the 60 Minutes story back in October, I got tickets - for August...

Is it August yet??

I did, too! I'm surprised that it was just one dude with gravity defying hair. My music tastes are still stuck in the 90's grunge era and cheesy 80's pop.

I admit that I only recognized him (after thinking Ariana said The Lincoln), from SNL.  He's okay.

Carrie's hair looked like a wig to me too... not that that's a crime, but yikes.

Oh dear god, now we have to hear Gomez whisper and moan? WUT? not yet? ok.. then.

Edited by ari333

That duet wit Carrie Underwood was boring.

I've heard great things about Hamilton and I wanted to see the performance, but this is too long. I hear it will be at Hour 2 You guys can probably check Twitter to know the exact time.

Back to The Fosters.

Not only can't Ariana sing, but I thought she introduced The Lincoln and couldn't figure out who that was...until I saw him.

I know Lincoln is a typo, but I love it.

I want to cry! We've tried to get Hamilton tickets to no avail. Well, we could get them if we took out a second mortgage on our house, but silly us we're not willing to do that.

I got tickets through a friend and then twice through the lottery. It does happen! I would be at the lottery every day if I could.

What is with all these ballad-y performances? Can we have performances with more energy? Please?

Edited by Misslindsey

By the way, it is actually worse...it is The Weeknd. It is short and E. He is another one we sent south from Canada.

Canada, what happened? Do we not have any amazing talent to export anymore or are we just keeping the good stuff to ourselves? (says someone who skips the Juno's every year because those are even worse.)

More exciting than the Grammys: the meat-a-palooza pizza that just came to my door. Zzzzz some more.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

I got tickets through a friend and then twice through the lottery. It does happen! I would be at the lottery every day if I could.

Maybe I should actually try the lottery. I always thought I would never have a chance. But I guess you never know.

• Love 2

Every once in a while I will turn Pandora on at work and pop and 90's are my playlists. 

These are horrible camera shots. Selena looked like she had the wrong camera and this one is just bad. The blond girl is just not good.

Yea, LL Cool J always hosts which is pretty much the only reason I tune in anymore.

Not only do I dislike The Weekend's music but is hair is truly crazy and I think he spells his name The Weeknd.

It has been fun speculating as to why certain performances are getting standing Ovations and others aren't.

To be fair to all the musical acts I mostly listen to sports radio or throwback rap, a few newer songs here and there but mostly folksy music that would never get air time on this show.

I just love me some LL :) and want to try to stay relevant with my pop culture knowledge.

I am not a fan of country music.

So we have not had a shot of Taylor Swift dancing in the audience yet? It must be a Grammy miracle!

There have been a lack of reaction shots of the audience during performances so far. I'm waiting for the traditional "cut to Dave Grohl when a rock band plays" shot. I'll be disappointed if I don't get one this year. It's practically a Grammy tradition!

• Love 6

"Just in case you forgot that the Grammy Awards are on CBS, here's more CBS stars! And more! Did we mention that you're watching CBS?"

I"m pretty sure that's why we got the football players earlier.  Did you hear the Super Bowl was on CBS??

• Love 3

This Weeknd dude cannot sing.  I'd like to drug him and shave his fucking head.  Stupid haircut.

It looked like a not quite dried out yet cow pie.

I'm here for Hamilton, and the tributes to Glenn Frey and David Bowie. Although, I'm sure Lady GagMe will enrage me with her hideous looks.

• Love 2