Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Judgment Day

• Start Topic

My brother & I call each other bubbie and oddly enough, so do his gf & HER brother (the nickname came before the relationship). Yes indeed Katie looked voluptuous on WWHL. I shudder at the thought of a baby around those SUR idiots.

When I waited tables, I was always buds with the BOH. Damn dummy, your livelihood depends on them!!! (hostess too :) )  I can't say anything more about Kristen, she is so horrible.

When my second nephew was born his mom would always call him 'Bubbie' when speaking about him to my oldest nephew. The nickname didn't stick for long though. 

Edited by gunderda

That was a fairly satisfying episode. Y'all already mentioned most of the stuff I liked. But Ariana doing the running man during her celebration dance was awesome. As was her ending "Justice!". That cracked me up. As did the BOH high-giving.

Shay eating candy and loving' life was adorable.

• Love 4

My brother & I call each other bubbie and oddly enough, so do his gf & HER brother (the nickname came before the relationship). Yes indeed Katie looked voluptuous on WWHL. I shudder at the thought of a baby around those SUR idiots.

When I waited tables, I was always buds with the BOH. Damn dummy, your livelihood depends on them!!! (hostess too :) )  I can't say anything more about Kristen, she is so horrible.

One of my good friends and his wife call each other "bubie" as well. They pronounce the first syllable more like "book", as opposed to "bubble" like S &K do though.  He told me it was just their own spin on "baby." 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1
Why does Schwartz call Katie "Bubba"?

I thought I heard him say, "Bubbie". So I was trying to decide if she was suddenly his Jewish grandmother, or if he was referring to her boobs. 

One thing I caught.. when Kristen was called into the meeting did she have her purse with her?? Because when Lisa said she was fired she grabbed it up from the floor real quick and walked out. If you were clocked in ready to work, why are you carrying your handbag around the restaurant?  Did I miss her carrying it in or do we have some fuzzy editing going on?

I mentioned this on earlier seasons of VPR, but a lot of the waitresses were seen working WITH their purses on them. It was very awkward and random, I just assumed it gave them easier access to their "stash" or something. 

OK, show of hands: who here believes that anyone (who isn't a middle school student) just "makes out" with someone while drunk in Vegas?

*crickets*

I totes did!....the guy didn't have a condom and I wasn't that drunk lol.

I'm very sure poor Swartz wouldn't think that clearly though.

• Love 1
My brother & I call each other bubbie and oddly enough, so do his gf & HER brother (the nickname came before the relationship).

Supposedly, given the context of "bubbie", it has been used within any non-sexual/familial relationship.  Look, they can call each other whatever they like.  I don't care.  It's just that this is what all my friends (who were Jewish) and I called our grandmas when we were little kids.  So hearing Schwartzie call Katie, what translates to me as Grandma, seemed strange if he means this in a cutesy, lovey-dovey way.  Would any young woman find it cutesy or romantic to be called a grandma by her partner?  

I suspect it comes down to that Katie has no idea what the context of bubbie is & Schwartzie looks cute saying it, so it's OK with her.  To me, Schwartzie looks like his usual idiot self -- trying to act romantic to his "girlfriend" by calling her a grandma.

Fact is, Schwartzie is adorable & gets away with a ton of shit cuz of it.  Even with that God awful shoe-polish hair color & doofus haircut on WWHL, he still looked adorable, damn him.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1
Fact is, Schwartzie is adorable & gets away with a ton of shit cuz of it.  Even with that God awful shoe-polish hair color & doofus haircut on WWHL, he still looked adorable, damn him.

Yup. Totes agree. I was wondering what the heck Katie was thinking. In this episode he admits he "made out w/ hands involved" with a second woman in Vegas. He's dreadfully timid in the way he dealt with this conversation or any time that Katie get's chewed out by Jax. It's been five years and Katie has made it clear that she's ready for more commitment (I wonder if the show/Lisa will push them into a very special Vanderpump Rule's wedding?) I won't even get into his work ethic or job status of the past half decade because its murky at best... If I were Katie the confession of the second girl would have had me thinking about an exit plan. And even worse, the way he sprung the "confession" on her and his reactions when they got home to talk about it. He seems to take everything as a joke. So glad Katie bypassed his "joke" about her "motor-boating a D". This episode really made me wonder what the heck Katie is doing still with him. Say what you will about Ms. Tequilla Katie but I think she has shown a lot of maturity and growth this season. I was pleasantly surprised by the way she handled this episode as well as previous conversations. Even though I wish that Katie would DTMFA, I think she's in it until she gets that ring. Precisely for the reasons stated by ScoobieDoobs above- his good looks. I feel like he could get away with almost anything as far as Katie is concerned!*

I'm very conflicted right now because so many of the things I didn't like on VR were enjoyable in this episode. I even liked Scheana's overalls! Also liked Ari's top/bra combo @ The Candy Factory, and was she wearing workout pants with it? If so I like it even more.

*This is if I take the show at face value because I'm starting to suspect that this "cheating scandal" was something they agreed to play up for the show.

Just a note about Bubbe, Bubbie, and Bubbelah. 

Bubbelah means grandmother is yiddish, and many shorten it to Bubbe. I still call my 101 yo grandma Bubbe. 

But Bubbe / Bubba also means "doll" in yiddish. I believe Schwartz is Jewish, and it isn't at all unusual to call your boyfriend, girlfriend, or even just some close friends Bubbie. It's a cute term of endearment. MMV.

Edited by babykin

Btw, if Stassi thought she'd be missed by viewers or if producers thought her being MIA would negatively impact ratings -- wrong!  This Stassi-free ep got nearly 1.7 mil viewers.  Hmmm.  Hopefully no more Stassi, until maybe the reunion.

• Love 4

I mentioned this on earlier seasons of VPR, but a lot of the waitresses were seen working WITH their purses on them. It was very awkward and random, I just assumed it gave them easier access to their "stash" or something.

Scheana said on the Pumped Podcast that there was no reason for Stassi to hide wine in the bathroom because "You can just put it in your purse!", so you're probably right on with that. Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2
Scheana said on the Pumped Podcast that there was no reason for Stassi to hide wine in the bathroom because "You can just put it in your purse!", so you're probably right on with that.

Wait, I think I've seen Scheana wearing a cute cross-body tiny purse.  But sheesh, I've never seen any of 'em carrying something that could hide a bottle or 2 -- has anyone?  Oh, now that I'd like to see.  I could totally see Kristen taking an order, and then ripping out an open bottle from a tote she's carrying & gulping down a long swig -- and right in front of customers too -- of course.  No tasteful l'il flask filled with hard booze for ole Cigarette Sally, eh?  Nah, not her style at all.

I am confused.

At the 'retirement party', where Rachel has brought the bottle of champagne, Rachel tells Kristin that she can always go to work at another restaurant.  Kristin responds with 'never again'.

I don't know how delusional this girl is, but she's been a waitress for seven years at the same establishment, never seen a promotion, had behavior problems the whole time and has gotten fired.

So what is she going to do for references?  What other line of work could she possibly pursue?  She has no other genuinely marketable skills in L.A., where everyone and their half-brother wants to be an actress and being a waitress is something one does while waiting to be discovered.

So what are her future plans, because the hospitality industry isn't going to touch her and I doubt any other business will either.

Scheana said on the Pumped Podcast that there was no reason for Stassi to hide wine in the bathroom because "You can just put it in your purse!", so you're probably right on with that.

That makes StASSi's bragging to Lisa Vanderbucks about how clever she was for hiding her booze in the loo even more pathetic.
  • Love 3

I don't how it works in California but in Florida, you can establish your former employer(s) timeline but refuse to let them be contacted as a reference. If they do get contacted, they can not say anything negative if there was no illegal activity without a conviction on record.

I think she could probably find a new job. Her pay might not be that great but she still has plenty of oppurtinuties. The fact that she held the same job for seven years is a plus to some establishments that are looking for cheap/seasonal workers.

• Love 2

My daughter and son-in-law were in the hospitality industry.  Word spreads fast if you're toxic or a problem.  And she needs more than seasonal work.  It's not like she's still in college. 

She can have a short pre-taped explanation of her style choices this season, then leave.

Or just send Barbara Bush in her place and see it anyone notices.

I don't how it works in California but in Florida, you can establish your former employer(s) timeline but refuse to let them be contacted as a reference. If they do get contacted, they can not say anything negative if there was no illegal activity without a conviction on record.

I think she could probably find a new job. Her pay might not be that great but she still has plenty of oppurtinuties. The fact that she held the same job for seven years is a plus to some establishments that are looking for cheap/seasonal workers.

In CA. and likely the rest of the Country, employers are too worried about lawsuits to give a bad reference, so they generally only verify your position, and dates of Employment. I know my Company is multi-national and that is all we will verify, unless someone committed a crime, including the theft of real or intellectual property, during their employment.

However, most employees in CA., Florida, or anywhere else don't have their horrible performance for their previous employers committed to film. Kristen does. So there is that.  

• Love 3

A stASSi FREE reunion would be JUST FINE with me, ScoobieDoobs!

I remember Andy telling Katie that she would see Stassi at the reunion, so I guess she is invited. Stassi didn't add much this season except for the Katie-convo.

As for Kristen's retirement party and what she will do for work in the future- I posted video evidence of Kristen's fabulous acting skills, so I really think she has a shot at making it. I imagine she'll be able to pick and choose her future projects.

In reality, I wonder if she'll reappear as a "hostess" at one of Vanderpump's other fine establishments. Some kind of work your way up BS. There are probably several small restaurants that would give her a job thinking that it would increase business to have a reality TV personality working there. But yeah I would be surprised if Kristen moved outside of the server/reality- TV bubble.

• Love 2

Kristen's main problem is that her antics and bad behavior have been documented on this program.  So unless it's all complete b.s., I wouldn't imagine any legitimate restaurant wanting to hire her.  There are plenty of other responsible, less obsessed persons looking for employment out there.

Maybe Lisa will bring Kristen back as a busgirl (busperson?).  That would be hilarious.  Maybe it will cause Muppet Baby to get a promotion.  You just know she'll hire her back though.  If not at Sur, then PUMP or Villa Blanca. 

• Love 1

Well, you hit on a good point. There's a short interview with Cigarette Sally on the Bravo site where she pretty much says she's not sure whether she's still gonna be on the show. So she's extremely careful not to bash Lisa at all. Very different than Stassi. Now, what I want to know is how are they gonna fit Kristen into the show if she's no longer working at SUR. Seems like it's gonna be a stretch, since they all hate her. Well, except for James.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

At this point, Scheana and Shay still hang out with her, as does Jax. I think she's friendly with just as many SUR people as Stassi is, plus she's more interesting. So I can see her still staying relevant. 

• Love 1

Ok I need to get something off my chest. My inner grammar Nazi is cringing at this. I can't stand it when they all use the word "disinvite". THAT ISN'T A WORD! It is "uninvite" you stupid tools! And these people (at least some of them) claim to have graduated college? What in the fuckity fuck?!

• Love 2

Ok I need to get something off my chest. My inner grammar Nazi is cringing at this. I can't stand it when they all use the word "disinvite". THAT ISN'T A WORD! It is "uninvite" you stupid tools! And these people (at least some of them) claim to have graduated college? What in the fuckity fuck?!

Haha! I noticed that too, but considering these people (except for Katie and maybe Stassi), I get the idea that none of them could compose an error-free six-sentence e-mail. What gets me (and it is rampant, I've noticed, on reality shows) is "and I's" -- as in, say, "Don't you talk about Ralph and I's relationship!" That, and using "I" where "me" would be correct; it's as if people think any use of "and me" is wrong (on TV and in real life).

• Love 1

I finally saw this episode. I think everyone already said everything there is to say about the Schwartz and Katie drama (I agree that he's too adorable to stay mad at, even though realistically he's not marriage material and needs to grow up), Kristin's firing (loved the dancing and can't believe she can't see what she did wrong), and Scheana's wedding plans ($20,000 in flowers on a waitress's salary?!), so I'll just comment on Jax's scene at the end. Interesting the way he said how he said how honesty and loyalty are the two things he always has trouble with and he can't understand why everyone gets mad at him for being honest. He doesn't seem to comprehend that it's not honesty to spill OTHER people's secrets. He doesn't know how to speak to his OWN personal truths so he'll be disloyal to his friends to prove that he's "honest." He will lie about EVERYTHING when it comes to his own life, which might be one reason why he goes overboard telling the "truth" about everyone else. He and Kristin have a lot in common! And, yet, Jax is so hung up on loyalty and bro code, and he's never shown any loyalty to any of his friends or girlfriends.

Katie was drinking in the clubhouse and she was wine tasting not too long ago on IG so I don't think she's pregnant. That empire waist on her dress made her look like she was hiding a belly. I thought she looked prettier than Tom tonight. 

A Jax Fitness app?! I'd rather be fat. - LOOOOL!!!

I feel like I just saw Kristen in In Touch saying she still works at Sur.