Type keyword(s) to search

Getting Out of Harlan Alive: Final Season Death Pool

lulee

After reading the thread for last night's episode, I thought a death pool might be interesting. (I looked at the Season 6 Wish List thread, but this can be speculation without deathwishes (or survival wishes, for that matter).)

So I propose this as a spot for unspoiled (or spoiler-tagged) speculation about character's fates.

I'll go with 100% chance of survival for Willa Givens.

Others are tougher:
Raylan?
Boyd?
Ava?

Tim?
Rachel?

Art?

Wynn?

Catherine (or is it Katherine?)?

... new characters by Garret Dillahunt and Sam Elliott, whose character names I didn't catch
others? (I don't remember the names of Boyd's gang, but some of them will bite it.)

Since at least some time last season, I've been feeling like neither Raylan nor Boyd will make it out alive, maybe 75-80% chance they both die.

Edited by lulee

All this talk of things not going a Marshal's way has me worried for Tim.

It has me worried too, especially because he's had SO MUCH to do in the first two episodes this season, as opposed to last season (and even in season 4, his episodes didn't really ramp up until the end of the season).

I'm hoping that based on this past episode, that he ends up in a season-long battle with the Garrett Dillahunt character and Tim wins, but I'm scared that I'm wrong about that -  even if Tim "doesn't miss."

• Love 1

Ordinarily I would say that if Tim dies I'm quitting the show but since there won't be a show to quit after this season that's not much of a threat.  He can't die--he just can't.  I will be a wreck if that happens.

I bet Wynn makes it out okay along with Art and Rachel.  Wynn is too slippery not to make it out alive and killing Art before he retires would be too cliche.  And someone needs to take over the office in the end and Rachel's really the only candidate for that so I think she'll be fine.

I can see Boyd dying at Ava's hand (mirroring her husband's murder) or the other way around.  Alternately I can see Boyd dying at Raylan's hand but I don't think Boyd would kill Raylan and make it out alive.  If Raylan dies, Boyd's gotta die.  I can also see Boyd killing Tim *sob* and Raylan killing Boyd out of revenge.  Or Ty killing Tim *double sob* and Rachel killing Ty for revenge.

Please, oh please, don't kill Tim.

Showing the gravestones again at Arlo's place doesn't give me a lot of hope for Raylan. Actually, I don't think any of the main three will make it out alive.

I wonder if "We dug coal together" will make a reappearance between Boyd and Raylan - maybe right before one shoots the other, or just after.

When they play the song at the end of the series, I hope they go back to the version they used the first couple of seasons.

• Love 2

The only one I have any strong feelings about is Ava.  I don't think she's getting out of Harlan alive.  I would put Boyd at about 50/50.  I think (I pray) that Raylan will make it.

I think Rachel is a survivor, but I'm not sure if Tim will make it.

Katherine, Avery and Dillahunt are all goners.  Wynn and the eyebrows of evil will make it.

I think Wynn will survive, although maybe not Mike, but I hope he does too.

I agree that Katherine, Avery, and Dillahunt are all going to die, along with their people. I don't think anyone on Boyd's crew will make it.

If they kill Raylan, I can't see them also killing Tim and leaving poor Rachel the sole survivor out of those three. 

Just saw that Mary Steenburgen said that her regrets about the show are not getting to do more scenes with Joelle (Ava) and having almost none with Timothy (Raylan). As vague as they are, those comments still make me wonder about her making it to the end of season.

Edited by lulee

I really, really don't want Tim to die (he's been my favorite character/tv boyfriend since Season 1), and I did NOT like the way Markham was noticing him at Loretta's house tonight.

That's what I was thinking too.  They've put Tim in the bad guys' company too many times--like Season 4 with Colt.  As grateful as I am for more Tim scenes I'd prefer they just keep him in the office with Raylan where he's safe.

I'm starting to think Ava will wind up in witness protection rather than die but if anyone kills her I'm now leaning towards Katherine rather than Boyd (who I would have suspected after last week).  I was scared for Ava's safety the entire time they were together.  

• Love 2

I think of our main three cast members (Boyd, Ava, Raylan) only one will be left standing and they won't leave Harlan, as in they voluntarily stay there to live. My money is actually on Ava. Just because it seems like Boyd/Raylan actually cancel eachother out in a way. All the bad guys are toast except Duffy. Tim might be screwed too. Rachel and Art will probably be ok.

• Love 1

Frankly I don’t see either Boyd or Ava making it out.  Between Ava’s portentous conversations with Helen Givens way back when (as good as shrieking to us that Helen = Ava : Boyd = Arlo, plus that season of Boyd hammering it home by playing surrogate son to Arlo), and Boyd’s 100% turnaround this season (as good as shrieking “You’ll never leave Harlan alive”, once he gives up on his fleeting dream of leaving Harlan), I’d be shocked if either survived.  If Yost splits the difference I'd guess Ava will live, but the happier Boyd is in Harlan the sterner he seals his fate.

• Love 1

I wonder if Ava will die defending Zachariah. He is clearly a dead man walking and though crazy he clearly loves her and wants to protect her and Ava has really never had anyone in this world that we have met that tried to protect her from such a pure place of love. Even when Raylan wanted her to get out or not get tangled up with Boyd it was done simply from a place of lust and perhaps affection/friendship. Boyd loves her but he also will sacrifice her if it means saving himself.

• Love 2

Harlan has been THE show, in many ways, so I have a feeling that Loretta, who is the heart of the town, as she admits in her speech at the pizza parlor, will survive. She's probably the one outsmarting (and outlasting) everyone, including Boyd and Avery.

I don't see Ava making it out alive. We'll probably lose one or even two out of Art, Rachel, and Tim.

I think Wynn Duffy will bite the dust, but my husband thinks he'll slither his way out of Harlan. As long as Mikey is not the one that pulls the trigger, I'm okay either way (wasn't Wynn supposed to be a bit part? It's almost a miracle that here we are with four more episodes to go, and he's playing one of the most important characters!).

Avery will be killed by Katherine, who will be killed by Loretta.

Raylan and Boyd -- they'll be in a duel-style shootout and both be fatally wounded. 

Okay, I'm officially depressed now...

• Love 1

I think Raylan will make it out alive.  When he had his headstone bulldozed, my feeling was that he would make it.  I also feel like Wynn Duffy will make it.  He always slithers out of situations.

Ava is definitely a goner and probably Boyd too.  I feel that one of the other deputies (Rachel, Tim, or Art) will be killed.  

I really want Raylan to be alive at the end.  He's the hero of the show, and like any good western, the hero survives.  Losing Raylan would hurt the most.  I want him to triumph over Harlan and the damage it did to him.

• Love 3

Ok, I'll play..

Raylan-- Dead - too cocky for his own good.

Boyd - Alive, buy in jail for Dewey's Murder

Ava- Alive - though she bugs the hell out of me

Art- Alive

Rachel- Alive - too uninteresting a character 

Tim - Dead - he could miss just one time.

Loretta - Alive

Wynn Duffy- dead- sometimes Roaches get stomped

Avery Markham-dead

Katherine Hale - dead

Winona - Alive

• Love 1

Several predictions for Katherine's death, although none of us saw Mikey being the one responsible.

Carl and Mikey gone too.

At this point, I'm definitely expecting Boone, Zachariah, Boyd, and two marshals (can't decide which) and probably Avery to die.

I think Wynn, Loretta, and Ava will definitely live.

Why not? My wishful thinking goes like this.

Alive--Raylan, Loretta, TIM, Winona, Rachel, Wynn (unless he does something stupid)

Dead--The rest of them (with the possible exception of Art, whose woeful puss would make a good last shot watching Raylan go into the sunset).

• Love 2
(edited)

The character I most want to meet an ugly death is Vasquez. Honorable mention to Boon.

Ditto.  But sadly Vasquez will probably be just fine since he's always safely in the courthouse/office surrounded by marshals.

Edited by cassandle
  • Love 1

I think Boyd, Zachariah, Avery, and Boon will all die. I'm really hoping Boon dies from Loretta's apple pie. I'm not sure about Ava. I do think a "good guy" is going to die so it might be Raylan, but it better not be Tim. I don't see how Vasquez will let Raylan go with his badge intact and I don't know what else Raylan would do so it makes me think he dies. 

Especially in the light of what happened in the last episode, I am convinced that Wynn WILL die.

He is totally the Mickey Doyle of Justified. Just sayin'...

I don't know, I've got good feelings about Raylan.

And it would be hilariously unexpected if Wynn died. You would think Avery might be a bit susprcious of/ miffed with him after Katherine's death in the Wynne-bago. Though of course he might crawl away again...

• Love 1

I want Raylan to be with his daughter. I haven't liked Boyd, this season, and don't see how he'd end up alive when the credits roll. Although he's made it this far. 

OK, I'm officially worried about Tim again after he was featured so heavily (well, for him) in the finale promo.

Ditto.  I love seeing Tim on my screen but the more screen time he has the more chances he has to die.  I was terrified that it was him rattling the doorknob and getting shot by Zachariah because I thought Boyd would be too obvious.  I'm so tempted to search out spoilers just to put my mind at ease but I don't want to ruin it for myself either.

• Love 1

I think Rachel is the one to die.  Sorry to say.  I think Tim is yelling for Boyd in the preview, because Rachel has been killed by Boyd.

So many signs that Rachel likes to be an outlaw Marshall like Raylan.  She tried on his hat in the first season.  She assisted Raylan when he was hunting for the woman who stole his cash.  Art has been so concerned with Raylan he neglected to see how much of a renegade Rachel really is. 

Her handling of Boyd's case has been way outside of the lines.  Art has admitted he would never let Raylan handle Ava as a CI.  She let the guard be tortured by Wynn and Mike in the hotel room.  Tim, a veteran, was not pleased.  She is trying to do everything to get Boyd caught.

I really like Rachel.  She is a very well written character and well acted.

From watching the Paley Center thingy, I think 

Rachel doesn't die. Of course it could have been total misdirection on her part, but Erica Tazel said she wanted Rachel to die, and made it sound like it didn't happen. And I didn't think Tim sounded that upset in the preview.

Ok, final predictions...

Not dead: Rachel, Loretta, Bob, Raylan, Art, Wynn

Dead: Ava, Boyd, Markham, Boone, Tim

Really hoping I'm wrong about Tim...

• Love 1

The Wynn and Bob characters are too tempting to make a "Better Whistle for Wynn" & "Go Bag Bob" spinoffs...  They have gotta live.  My vote:

Raylan, Art, Tim, Loretta, Wynn, Bob and Rachel and Boyd live.

Markham, Boone, Ava and Tim die...

Edited by ChipBach
  • Love 1

Okay, my final death pool predictions: Boone and Markham die.  Wynn Duffy lives. Tim and Rachel live. Art lives. Raylan lives. Ava lives. And just to be real contrary, Boyd lives (and I am prepared to be totally wrong about the last one.)

• Love 4

The only one I got right was Wynn--I was pretty sure he'd live and the surfing in Fiji bit was just icing on the cake.  And thank you, writers and creators of Justified for not killing my beloved Tim.  I won't have to burn all my DVDs in a grief-stricken rage.

Edited by cassandle
  • Love 5