Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Betweenyouandme

Pet Peeves

My pet peeve is people who are ridiculously impatient (on the outside, you can be as impatient as you want on the inside).  I was at the grocery store this morning.  I got there 5 mintues after they opened so not that busy yet.  When I went to check out there was someone paying and then there was someone behind her waiting to put stuff on the belt.  She was tapping her feet.  She audibly huffed a few times.  And I don't know how long she was standing there before I got there, but there didn't seem to be anything taking particularly too long when I got there.

• Like 5

HAH! It was my report to the BBB that had Uber Eats refunding me my money!!!! I got an email from them the day before I got the email about the refund. And the email from BBB had their response to the BBB!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Instacart failed to deliver items in my cart. I complained and said I would not be using their service again. So of course they “refunded” me with a "credit" of $13. The grocery store receipt was in one of the bags and showed $49.17 for which Instacart billed me $81.48. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 3

On 5/1/2020 at 12:24 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

HAH! It was my report to the BBB that had Uber Eats refunding me my money!!!! I got an email from them the day before I got the email about the refund. And the email from BBB had their response to the BBB!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

UberEats takes way too much money from restaurants and I don't use them unless the restaurant I want is only on UberEats.  Anyway, my delivery guy took way too long yesterday and my order was cold.  Eggs benny, so it doesn't exactly work reheated in the microwave.  The guy claimed that he had another delivery prior to ours (he stopped for like, 20 minutes) and the person was a no-show.  He didn't even bother to contact me to let me know that he was on his way.  

• Sad 4

OK these are trivial but pet peeves often are.

I pull up to a 4 way stop just before another car. I have the right of way. But the man (it is always a man) in the other car graciously waves me thru. Like it's his little kingdom. Pisses me off every time.

Tailgaters. Especially on city streets. Go ahead. You will find out how slow I can drive (I'm probably their pet peeve).

People in the checkout line who wait until every item has been rung up and bagged and then seem surprised to have to pay so they rummage around in their giant bags for their wallets. And then count out the exact change. And converse with the clerk. While my ice cream melts.

People who let their dogs run off leash anywhere but in their own yards or at the dog park.

People who cant be bothered with masks because they are somehow so much better than the rest of us suckers. You know what? I look stupid and can't breathe with the f'ing mask on either but I wear it because it's part of the social contract.

Anyone who uses a leaf blower for any reason ever. Get a rake ffs!

OK, clearly my pet peeves can just be shortened to People.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 1

32 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

OK these are trivial but pet peeves often are.

I pull up to a 4 way stop just before another car. I have the right of way. But the man (it is always a man) in the other car graciously waves me thru. Like it's his little kingdom. Pisses me off every time.

Tailgaters. Especially on city streets. Go ahead. You will find out how slow I can drive (I'm probably their pet peeve).

People in the checkout line who wait until every item has been rung up and bagged and then seem surprised to have to pay so they rummage around in their giant bags for their wallets. And then count out the exact change. And converse with the clerk. While my ice cream melts.

People who let their dogs run off leash anywhere but in their own yards or at the dog park.

People who cant be bothered with masks because they are somehow so much better than the rest of us suckers. You know what? I look stupid and can't breathe with the f'ing mask on either but I wear it because it's part of the social contract.

Anyone who uses a leaf blower for any reason ever. Get a rake ffs!

OK, clearly my pet peeves can just be shortened to People.

@zibnchy, I am pretty sure you are me visiting Earth from an alternate universe. My advice: Run while you can!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

People in the checkout line who wait until every item has been rung up and bagged and then seem surprised to have to pay so they rummage around in their giant bags for their wallets. And then count out the exact change. And converse with the clerk. While my ice cream melts.

Or they wait until their items are all rung up then they dig around for their checkbooks and painstakingly write a check. Why don't they at least write in the date, the name of the store and sign the thing while their stuff is being rung up?

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Or they wait until their items are all rung up then they dig around for their checkbooks and painstakingly write a check. Why don't they at least write in the date, the name of the store and sign the thing while their stuff is being rung up?

That's what I used to do, back in my checkwriting days. Everything filled in except the amount. But then, one of my friends at our neighborhood coffee group said, "So, *you're* one of *those* people who slow everything down!"  It really was funny cause there I was babbling about how fast I was at filling in just the amount, honestly, I wasn't slowin' anything down. But, since that day I've used my credit card--so much easier (and so much quicker😁). I love to remind her of that day.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

That's what I used to do, back in my checkwriting days. Everything filled in except the amount. But then, one of my friends at our neighborhood coffee group said, "So, *you're* one of *those* people who slow everything down!"  It really was funny cause there I was babbling about how fast I was at filling in just the amount, honestly, I wasn't slowin' anything down. But, since that day I've used my credit card--so much easier (and so much quicker😁). I love to remind her of that day.

I used to do that too. Long ago.

• Like 2

People not keeping enough space while I'm out shopping. We're in different times folks. You can wait a minute to get what you need instead of cozying up to me. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

People not keeping enough space while I'm out shopping. We're in different times folks. You can wait a minute to get what you need instead of cozying up to me. 

I try hard to keep my distance but it gets hard when someone stands in the aisle, looking at a product...and stands there forevaaaahhh!  Of course, I sorta did that last week and sensed someone several feet up the aisle. She was waiting to pass and I apologized and went on my way (she was very sweet & said not to worry--kind woman!)  Guess we no longer have the luxury of studying products, thinking about how we'll use them, while standing in the aisle.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

Guess we no longer have the luxury of studying products, thinking about how we'll use them, while standing in the aisle.

Sure we do. Just move down the aisle if someone comes up and needs to get into the same space you're in. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I try hard to keep my distance but it gets hard when someone stands in the aisle, looking at a product...and stands there forevaaaahhh!  Of course, I sorta did that last week and sensed someone several feet up the aisle. She was waiting to pass and I apologized and went on my way (she was very sweet & said not to worry--kind woman!)  Guess we no longer have the luxury of studying products, thinking about how we'll use them, while standing in the aisle.

Oh trust me I know! Shopping has become so much more difficult. I'll stand there waiting and waiting sometimes. I definitely try not to be that person that takes her sweet time. I go back and forth between aisles when some shoppers stand in the same spot, and I can't get what I need without getting close. I used to LOVE shopping. I look forward to the day none of us have to worry about space, masks, gloves, disinfecting wipes, and so much stuff being sold out. It can be extra tricky for me as a vegetarian. I try not to touch anything that I may not want so I don't have to put it back on the shelf. In the past I'd carefully check out the produce and read the ingredients of new items. Now I pretty much grab and go.

• Like 5

I work in a medical office, we have this one nurse who was brushing her teeth in the break room sink! We have multiple bathrooms in our clinic for her do that. She is also the one who takes out her invisalign out at the table when others are eating!! 🤢😖

• Surprise 9
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I work in a medical office, we have this one nurse who was brushing her teeth in the break room sink! We have multiple bathrooms in our clinic for her do that. She is also the one who takes out her invisalign out at the table when others are eating!! 🤢😖

Ugh...she’s probably friends w a certain family member of mine that is a finger licker.  🤮

• Surprise 2

9 hours ago, Nicmar said:

She is also the one who takes out her invisalign out at the table when others are eating!!

As an Invisalign user myself, I find that utterly disgusting.

• Like 2

I'm irritated at leasing offices in the greater Charlotte area.

I had insufficient funds on my rent payment in January. I fixed the issue and asked that the late fee be refunded to my account because I had never had a late or insufficient fund payment in the six years I have lived here. They agreed to refund the late fee, saying that they do it once a year per lease.

Four months later, it's still on my account despite me asking them every single month to refund it. "The assistant manager has to refund the fee in the system." I've talked to her twice. This is my last month here. I'm not paying the stupid fee.

Which leads me to the fact that I told one of the leasing reps three weeks ago that I would be vacating at the end of my lease this month. She said she would prepare the paperwork. Cut to another leasing rep in the office calling me virtually daily to ask me if I was going to renew. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing in that office.

I go to pay the rent on the online portal today (my stimulus check is supposed to be deposited tomorrow🤞🏻), and not only is the infernal late fee still there, but there's an extra $6.51 on my rent. WTF. I called the office and asked to speak to the manager. She's on lunch. Of course. I told the rep (the one who knew I was vacating) what I needed but please have the manager call me because the assistant manager will not refund the late fee. AND BY THE WAY, where is the vacating paperwork that you prepared??

The office is closed to anything but emergencies but they don't default to emailing documents. They just call and then nothing. I DON'T GET IT.

And on the other side of the county, in my boyfriend's complex into which I'm moving in a few weeks...I put in my application last week, and it was approved. Instead of the leasing office (also closed except for emergencies) emailing me to let me know my application was approved, they emailed him. They didn't bother emailing me the lease to complete. I was supposed to call them and ask them to send it to me, I guess?

WHY ISN'T EMAIL THE DEFAULT OPTION WHEN THE OFFICE IS CLOSED? You don't want people coming in, but you aren't emailing docs until people ask. None of this makes sense!!!

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

That's crazy, @bilgistic. The place I live at, been here 6+ years, has been sending all of that leasing stuff (renewals, etc.) electronically for a number of years. I don't think I've had to physically sign a renewal and go to the office with it since maybe my second year here.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, annzeepark914 said:

I try hard to keep my distance but it gets hard when someone stands in the aisle, looking at a product...and stands there forevaaaahhh! 

I was waiting for somebody to move along from being next to the avocados on Sunday. I waited, and waited. Finally she picked out the ones she wanted and put them in her cart. (I get it. You need to pick the ones that are the level of ripeness that fits your needs. It takes a minute.)

Then... She leaned on her cart and started scrolling through her phone. Heh. I gave that about 0.3 seconds and then just moved in to get what I wanted. I didn't make eye contact, but she did scurry along as I moved into the area.  

• Like 2

The apartment vacating doc the leasing rep sent me wouldn't open. I immediately replied to tell her so, and I've gotten no response. They all use a single email address and I swear it's a black hole.

The leasing manager hasn't called me back either, nor has my boyfriend's leasing office. Jesus!

55 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

That's crazy, @bilgistic. The place I live at, been here 6+ years, has been sending all of that leasing stuff (renewals, etc.) electronically for a number of years. I don't think I've had to physically sign a renewal and go to the office with it since maybe my second year here.

Exactly.

OK, I really like Hungry Root (one of those food subscription services, which I recently reactivated to make shit easier during this "uncertain time") and I do understand that delivery is all kinds of wonky right now. But for the second week in a row, my order was a whole day later than my set delivery day. Now, this wouldn't be that bad if the shipping service they use had a better order-tracking system -- this isn't a T-shirt from Ebay or a some hair dye from Amazon, it's a box full of food, including fresh vegetables (ie, something you kind of want to bring inside ASAP, no matter what day it manages to arrive). But up until this delivery, which happened about 30 minutes ago, the last thing in the tracking info was from 12:30 am yesterday. I mean, it's got ice packs in it but...

For the second week in a row, they have been busted and the gel stuff is all over the place!  

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Sad 2

Since there's not a "complete and utter rage until I am wailing" forum, I guess I'll post this here.

In a stunning display of ineptitude, Spectrum turned off my internet and television service at my current residence tonight after I called in to set up the appointment to MOVE my service to my boyfriend's place/my future residence on May 23. I thought I was being smart and proactive in setting up the move with plenty of time, knowing that Spectrum is overwhelmed with all the people working from home and schooling at home.

After a second HOUR'S LONG CALL later and being passed through FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE in different departments (because this department can't do that and that one can't do this, but the last one was supposed to do something so that this one can do what they are supposed to), I still don't have service at my current residence. Suddenly, my equipment that worked four hours ago will no longer work because of...reasons?

Not at any time did anyone take responsibility FOR THEIR FUCK UP or say they would fix the issue. I don't know that I have ever been angrier or more frustrated with a service provider in my life. Spectrum currently gets $100 A MONTH from me for broadcast TV, two movie channels and 75 Mbps internet. I'm feeling like they're not going to be getting it any longer. I fucking wept through that second call. I'm so angry and frustrated. It should never, ever be this way. Never.

• Sad 10

I dreamed about this mess all night. I've decided I'm just going to get the internet turned back on and forget about the TV channels. I'm going to see about getting new service with a different provider at my boyfriend's. He currently has service with that provider, but I can get a much better/cheaper deal with new service. I don't want to give Spectrum any more money.

• Like 3

If I had the choice, I would never give Spectrum another dime. Unfortunately, they are the only provider in my area. Last year, November or so, I dropped TV/phone and went Internet only, for $70 a month, then added YouTube TV for $50 a month. Much better than the $260 Spectrum was going to start charging me.

• Like 1

I've been on the phone 50 minutes now. This rep at least seems to know what he's doing. They're going to charge me $70 for just internet. It's just 2.5 weeks. Whatever. I just want this to be over.

I thought it was Wednesday today, also, so there's that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I've been on the phone 50 minutes now. This rep at least seems to know what he's doing. They're going to charge me $70 for just internet. It's just 2.5 weeks. Whatever. I just want this to be over.

I thought it was Wednesday today, also, so there's that.

I recommend Apple TV and YouTube TV. 

If GoNetSpeed comes to your neighborhood, I recommend it. $50 a month forever ($52 with tax), faster than Comcast ever was, great customer service--they sent a crew out on 12/23 after dark in crappy weather!--and the only problem I've had in about a year is when the contractors severed the connection and then claimed they didn't. That was 12/23.

• Useful 1

GoNetSpeed isn't around here.

Y'all, I had to make ANOTHER call because my internet wasn't back on an hour and 45 minutes after the rep "turned it back on". Thirty minutes later in my FOURTH phone call, it's back on. Total phone time: 3:30.

I plan to burn down Spectrum HQ tonight. Who's with me?

(/s, obviously.)

• Laugh 6

5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I dreamed about this mess all night. I've decided I'm just going to get the internet turned back on and forget about the TV channels. I'm going to see about getting new service with a different provider at my boyfriend's. He currently has service with that provider, but I can get a much better/cheaper deal with new service. I don't want to give Spectrum any more money.

Unfortunately for us we don't have any other option but Spectrum for internet but I routinely switch my cable provider every two years in order to get the best deals. They'll do anything to get you in the door but nothing to keep you. I'm currently with Dish for cable but in December my contract is up and I'll be back to shopping around for the best deal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mountainair said:

Unfortunately for us we don't have any other option but Spectrum for internet but I routinely switch my cable provider every two years in order to get the best deals. They'll do anything to get you in the door but nothing to keep you. I'm currently with Dish for cable but in December my contract is up and I'll be back to shopping around for the best deal. 

I applaud your willingness to play musical chairs every two years, but you succinctly outlined my pet peeve: "They'll do anything to get you in the door but nothing to keep you." I would commit to a lifetime contract with the phone/internet/cable service that would always guarantee me their best rate.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, HissyFit said:

I applaud your willingness to play musical chairs every two years, but you succinctly outlined my pet peeve: "They'll do anything to get you in the door but nothing to keep you." I would commit to a lifetime contract with the phone/internet/cable service that would always guarantee me their best rate.

Exactly. My "promotional rate" kept climbing over the past few years, and no amount of negotiating would get me a better deal. My bill jumped $15(!!!) last month, which I thought was mighty convenient timing given that everyone was/is under the stay-at-home order.

Through all of this bullshit, no one at Spectrum offered me any kind of credit on my bill. Virtually anyone else with whom I do business (except the power company, probably) would have duked me a little something if they had screwed up to even a degree of what Spectrum did. I'm not surprised they didn't, because it's par for the course.

I keep thinking about that first rep, before it all went to hell, the one who screwed it up to start with (and then there were five after him...). He kept trying to sell me on their mobile phone plan. I told him, "Look, man, I don't want to do business with y'all for my cable and internet. I'm definitely not giving you my mobile phone business." THANK THE GODS I didn't let him talk me into Spectrum Mobile.

• Like 5

In today's episode of "I hate everyone"...

I just took all the trash and recycling out. There was a lot, and frankly, it was (I hope it was) the mental barrier keeping me from getting in gear with the moving preparations. I filled up my car with the recyclables, because the sole recycling area is across my complex.

Some lazy piece of human garbage had left a giant 6’+ long, thick/wide cardboard box that held a GAZEBO laying across the width of the recycling area. One end was pinned under the dumpster because I guess the trash folks didn't move it before emptying the dumpster. I couldn't move it. I had to climb over the box to put my recyclables in the bins.

On my last trip back to the car, I tripped over that stupid box and my right big toe slammed/banged/grinded against the concrete. It's the same toe from which I recently had an ingrown toenail excised. It hurts so badly! My toenail is crunched/broken and my flipflop was filling up with blood as I drove back. I'm now soaking my foot. It's a bloody mess (literally and figuratively). I HATE PEOPLE!

Edited by bilgistic
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 13

Why the hell would someone think that's the best way to get rid of a freaking gazebo? How...bizarre. 

Sorry you hurt your toe/foot. That sounds incredibly painful. Hope it heals up all right!

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Why the hell would someone think that's the best way to get rid of a freaking gazebo? How...bizarre.

Because if we've learned anything over the last few months, people are incredibly entitled and simply cannot be inconvenienced!

• Like 10

19 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Through all of this bullshit, no one at Spectrum offered me any kind of credit on my bill. Virtually anyone else with whom I do business (except the power company, probably) would have duked me a little something if they had screwed up to even a degree of what Spectrum did. I'm not surprised they didn't, because it's par for the course.

To make a long story short, at the beginning of the year we parted ways with our business partner to go out on our own. We moved business operations into our home which meant we had to cease a lot of the services we were receiving at our office location in town. Part of that was cancelling our cable subscription with Spectrum but we wanted to keep internet and phone services at the office location for the other business owner. Spectrum told my husband that it would be cheaper to keep the cable than to cancel it. If we cancelled the cable but kept phone and internet the bill would go up by about $25. Makes no sense unless you look at it like they need to keep the cable customer numbers high because of all the competition with streaming. Which also makes one think they wouldn't want to piss off their cable customers and send them running elsewhere. So, the current owner of the business at our old office is paying for cable, internet, and phone but has no TV. 

22 hours ago, HissyFit said:

I'm actually really happy with Dish right now and might not switch providers when my contract is up. I've thought about cutting the cord completely and visited my Aunt and Uncle back in October who were using YouTube Tv and was quite impressed with what it offered. An antenna doesn't work where we live and I would miss getting to watch my local channels (news, Jeopardy, Sports) which is the main reason I keep cable. But with YouTube TV they were able to watch football games and current programming. 

• Like 1

I've had YouTube TV since last October, and I am very happy with it. I get all the local Charlotte stations - network and local independents, most of the major cable networks (Hallmark and History being two I don't) and plenty of sports - several flavors of ESPN, FS1 & 2, NBCSN, the regional sports channel (Fox Sports South, I think) as well as MLB, Golf, and maybe NFL Network. They also have separate add-ons for premium movie and sports channels. All that for $49.99 a month.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Also a fan of YouTube TV.  I also pay $20 a month for Philo to get some missing channels - History, A&E, the MTV family of channels, Hallmark, Up, Lifetime (because I need those Lifetime movies), for example.  At ~$70 per month, I'm still paying half or less than what I did for cable. 

• Like 2

My flat "leaf"-style antenna that I've had for several years is doing fabulously for getting the local broadcast channels. I'm on the second floor and there's an unobstructed window to which I have taped the antenna. I may not have as good results at my boyfriend's place; It's a ground-floor unit and the window is under a breezeway.

I watch a handful of things on the local channels and piecemeal the rest of the things I watch via my family's subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu and DirecTV. I share my Prime Video account with them.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Like 2

I still have DirecTV and haven't switched yet because I can't figure out if I would still get all of my local channels and specialty channels (like Hallmark, HBO, all of my sports channels, etc.) with something like YouTube or Roku or whatever. But my bill keeps rising so I'm going to have to do something. 

• Like 1

Almost screamed at a customer service rep, which is not my style at all.

On May 1, I ordered flowers for my "second mom" (my BFF's mom whom I've known for 40 years now), who is in a care facility after dementia set in crazy-rapidly a couple of years ago. The delivery date I chose was yesterday. As of now, they haven't even been shipped...though I have been charged a "weekend/same-day" fee, even though this is neither of those things (they did the same on my own mom's order too, which was delivered yesterday afternoon. But my mother hasn't called to say thank you, which now makes me doubt that delivery too). Now the soonest they can promise delivery is May 12. So, she will get nothing on Mother's Day while obviously not being allowed visitors. And no explanation as to why I wasn't alerted by email regarding the delay (and judging by the number of emails I get daily from them, surely they know how to reach me).

They say that they're "out of flowers" now and nothing can be done for today or tomorrow, even though I tried to wrangle a lesser arrangement--just anything so Mom can have something. She's in and out of lucidity and still fairly independent-minded, as far as one can be where she is, literally and figuratively. If she's lucid on Mother's Day, she is going to feel neglected.

The rep finally--after countless finger-pointings at UPS, various reasons for the fees (all somehow different each time and all nonsense), and 3 requests to speak to someone else--transferred me. They wanted to give me a credit...to use them again! Hell no.

EDIT: She agreed to refund the whole order but also deliver it on Tuesday. But I just got an email for a refund...

and a cancelation of the order.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

They say that they're "out of flowers" now and nothing can be done for today or tomorrow, even though I tried to wrangle a lesser arrangement--just anything so Mom can have something. She's in and out of lucidity and still fairly independent-minded, as far as one can be where she is, literally and figuratively. If she's lucid on Mother's Day, she is going to feel neglected.

I'm sorry about your friend but as a retired florist, when a florist says they're out of flowers they are out of flowers. Happened to me on Valentines Day. Of course by then I had made my deliveries for the day and it was just walk ins straggling in at the last minute. With the 'rona they could be having a hell of a time getting their own fresh flowers delivered to their shops.

• Useful 2

25 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm sorry about your friend but as a retired florist, when a florist says they're out of flowers they are out of flowers. Happened to me on Valentines Day. Of course by then I had made my deliveries for the day and it was just walk ins straggling in at the last minute. With the 'rona they could be having a hell of a time getting their own fresh flowers delivered to their shops.

Oh, yeah--I don't doubt "out of flowers," even during non-"unprecedented times." But I can't help but feel like this company (which isn't just one flower shop) could have intervened a bit sooner--or at all, considering I wouldn't have had any idea if I hadn't checked on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Almost screamed at a customer service rep, which is not my style at all.

On May 1, I ordered flowers for my "second mom" (my BFF's mom whom I've known for 40 years now), who is in a care facility after dementia set in crazy-rapidly a couple of years ago. The delivery date I chose was yesterday. As of now, they haven't even been shipped...though I have been charged a "weekend/same-day" fee, even though this is neither of those things (they did the same on my own mom's order too, which was delivered yesterday afternoon. But my mother hasn't called to say thank you, which now makes me doubt that delivery too). Now the soonest they can promise delivery is May 12. So, she will get nothing on Mother's Day while obviously not being allowed visitors. And no explanation as to why I wasn't alerted by email regarding the delay (and judging by the number of emails I get daily from them, surely they know how to reach me).

They say that they're "out of flowers" now and nothing can be done for today or tomorrow, even though I tried to wrangle a lesser arrangement--just anything so Mom can have something. She's in and out of lucidity and still fairly independent-minded, as far as one can be where she is, literally and figuratively. If she's lucid on Mother's Day, she is going to feel neglected.

The rep finally--after countless finger-pointings at UPS, various reasons for the fees (all somehow different each time and all nonsense), and 3 requests to speak to someone else--transferred me. They wanted to give me a credit...to use them again! Hell no.

EDIT: She agreed to refund the whole order but also deliver it on Tuesday. But I just got an email for a refund...

and a cancelation of the order.

1-800 flowers?

If you have an Edible Arrangements in your area they may still have inventory.

Oh my goodness, they have just confirmed that they canceled the whole thing. I called back and they set me up with a new order to be delivered Tuesday and tried to charge the same amount that I was charged way back when I made the original order -- including that "same-day/weekend" fee!

EDIT: Rep came back and offered me a discount that was less than the inexplicable "same-day/weekend" fee -- all while sniping that it wasn't her who screwed this all up to high heavens. I laughed, thanked her, and said forget it. Did some scrambling and actually found a local florist who will deliver tomorrow for no extra fee (total was about the same as the ill-fated other one). Whether they can get it there tomorrow remains to be seen, but OK--whatever at this point; I have no reason to doubt this, or doubt that they would at least let me know of any issues. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 3

or doubt that they would at least let me know of any issues. 

Well, I was right about this part, at least. Just got an email saying that the arrangement I chose is unavailable. Back to the drawing board!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oh my goodness, they have just confirmed that they canceled the whole thing. I called back and they set me up with a new order to be delivered Tuesday and tried to charge the same amount that I was charged way back when I made the original order -- including that "same-day/weekend" fee!

EDIT: Rep came back and offered me a discount that was less than the inexplicable "same-day/weekend" fee -- all while sniping that it wasn't her who screwed this all up to high heavens. I laughed, thanked her, and said forget it. Did some scrambling and actually found a local florist who will deliver tomorrow for no extra fee (total was about the same as the ill-fated other one). Whether they can get it there tomorrow remains to be seen, but OK--whatever at this point; I have no reason to doubt this, or doubt that they would at least let me know of any issues. 

Yeah, always go with the local people. They really care about their customers (who may be neighbors) and I know I would bend over backwards to keep a customer happy. I'm glad you got it sorted.

• Like 4

As of now, I have something in for Monday. If that doesn't work, I suppose I could go rogue, pick something from the side of the road, and toss it onto the facility's doorstep with a note! However, it is snowing right now in North Jerz--will the roadside flowers be there for me?!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1

You might have to dig through the snow, @TattleTeeny, but the snow will keep any roadside flowers relatively warm -- it's meant to be below freezing here tonight, with clear skies.  I don't know what's going to survive!  So my current pet peeve is this ridiculous cold snap (heh, almost typed slap).  

• Like 1

JTMacc99

Your pet peeves are your pet peeves, and you should feel free to express them here. This topic is not to be used to say you are peeved by another member of this community or something they said, either in this topic, or somewhere else in the forums.