Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

Oh boy... I work for a doctor and there is no way that letter came from an actual MD. Not with the name calling and insults. But outside of that, there is nothing in that letter that isn't true. Whitney has been using her PCOS as an excuse for her obesity when it's only a factor (not the definative cause). We've had ample evidence that she is unwilling to moderate her eating habits to lose weight, not does she see her weight as any kind of real health issue for her. She does present a very bad example and the fact that she has the platform of a television show to promote her very unhealthy attitudes makes it harder for medical professionals to discuss weight and health issues with their patients.

• Love 10

Maybe I'm just incredibly jaded with Whitney, but i wonder if this "letter" is a way to renew her victim mentality. Over the last few weeks, she's taken some hits. First the slip up with her "pregnancy scare" and being unable to spin it as a miscarriage. Then Roy laying out the facts for her that he's just not that into her. Next, Lenny showed up at her party with a cute date and Whitney looked awful (even Todd said so). The folk festival made it clear that she was not invited to perform. Now, Jiya showed her up and showed just how bad her dancing is because of her size. Finally, Buddy, who's weight is spiraling out of control, weighs less than she does on national TV. So her facade of "fabulous" is cracking at TLC's hands. I can see her shifting focus from all these things against her to something her fans can rally behind her with and give her the "poor Whitney" comments that she seems to thrive on. Plus all those negatives are quickly forgotten with this new "crisis".

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, MegD said:

Maybe I'm just incredibly jaded with Whitney, but i wonder if this "letter" is a way to renew her victim mentality. Over the last few weeks, she's taken some hits. First the slip up with her "pregnancy scare" and being unable to spin it as a miscarriage. Then Roy laying out the facts for her that he's just not that into her. Next, Lenny showed up at her party with a cute date and Whitney looked awful (even Todd said so). The folk festival made it clear that she was not invited to perform. Now, Jiya showed her up and showed just how bad her dancing is because of her size. Finally, Buddy, who's weight is spiraling out of control, weighs less than she does on national TV. So her facade of "fabulous" is cracking at TLC's hands. I can see her shifting focus from all these things against her to something her fans can rally behind her with and give her the "poor Whitney" comments that she seems to thrive on. Plus all those negatives are quickly forgotten with this new "crisis".

This. I will admit the letter was mean and likely not written by a medical professional. I do know some doctors who are less than empathetic towards people like Whitney, but they would never think of sending something like this to someone they do not know (but if she were their patient, she'd be hounded for sure). And second, they'd use professional terminology, not insults.

I'd still love to cheer for Whitney but she keeps making a fool of herself. I'd love to see her crack down and focus on the program Will has set out for her (but she did lose some weight in the last episode). When she's ABLE, I'd like to see her do performances and things like that but for now, it's only embarrassing to her.

I know. High hopes. I'm still prepared to roll my eyes.

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

And didn't have a secretary/medical transcriptionist to edit/proofread his correspondence.

This.  I worked for lawyers & not everyone with an advanced degree can put together a well written letter. That said, I don't feel any doctor would put their professionalism & possible career on the line writing something with such an offensive tone to a somewhat public figure. It would be an obvious huge risk given her social media presence & the amount of support she gets there from fans. There would be serious backlash for the 'doctor'. To me it seems like a ploy for sympathetic attention (she'll block the others).

• Love 5

Another thing about the letter that she noted in her caption was that it was sent to her home address, rather than her PO Box for fan mail.  She said the fact that this person went out of their way to find her home address was even more disturbing or disgusting or something to that effect.  Supposedly the person in the letter has only watched her show a couple times at the urging of his/her patients. If that's the case, it would seem logical for the "doctor" to just Google "Whitney Thore address". If you do, her PO Box is the first thing that comes up. You would have to do extra digging to find her street address. It seems off that this semi-interested "doctor" would go to the extra trouble of looking up the street address. But alas, he/she must be so obsessed with Twit that it was necessary. 

31 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

This.  I worked for lawyers & not everyone with an advanced degree can put together a well written letter. That said, I don't feel any doctor would put their professionalism & possible career on the line writing something with such an offensive tone to a somewhat public figure. It would be an obvious huge risk given her social media presence & the amount of support she gets there from fans. There would be serious backlash for the 'doctor'. To me it seems like a ploy for sympathetic attention (she'll block the others).

I agree, no sane professional would put their reputation on the line to send a nasty-gram to a reality tv personality. 

PS, I also work for attorneys and their grammar/spelling/structure can be horrid at times but the overall tone of the message is always professional. This letter does not carry a professional tone. 

• Love 7

I just googled an appropriate site for records and put in Whitney's name.  Her address came up - the whole thing took 15 seconds.  Which just proves that one does not have to be a mental giant to get an address.  Just someone with the mentality at least equal to a person who would write the poorly written letter that we're discussing.

• Love 2

The more I think about it, the more I think she's in on it. I didn't for a second believe an actual doctor sent that... but I did believe it could be a troll of some sort, but the way she's parading it without disclosing the persons identity... I don't buy it. This "dr" contacted her out of nowhere, she doesn't owe them any privacy, why not put them on blast?

Her saying she googled and it's a legit dr means nothing to me, she has already proven she will say/do what she needs to for likes/views (i.e. Posting the 3 positive pregnancy tests knowing damn well she was never pregnant). 

My theory could be wrong, but I just think if she really believed this was from a legit dr she would get on her high horse to tell him off publicly. She's obviously on board with fabricating storylines, and I think that's all this is at this point.

• Love 10

I think she knows perfectly well that the real Dr. Whoever is not the person calling him/herself Dr. Whoever who sent the letter. So if Whitney announces that real Dr. Whoever is writing her abusive and unprofessional letters, and word of that gets to real Dr. Whoever, I expect Whitney will shortly receive a letter from real Dr. Whoever's real lawyer.  It will probably contain words like "libelous" and "negligence" and "defamation," and "interference with real Dr. Whoever's business relationships," and "cease and desist"  and "infliction of emotional distress" among other things.  I, too, think it's likely she's making the whole thing up, but even if this really is a letter from a troll, I think she has enough instinct for self-preservation to check in with TLC's legal people before she goes public with the troll's fake name.

• Love 8

We all know Twit likes to be the center of attention.  And she loves people telling her how fabulous she is.  I'm sure she wrote that letter herself just so her stans can get on line and tell her not to listen to that nasty doctor person, that she's perfect the way she is, and wishing they all could be just as fabulous as she is.  Twit is working the old "us against the rest of the world" vision and drawing her true believer troops closer in.  She's probably growing aware that the façade this show puts on is wearing thin, and people are seeing through the cracks and seeing the truth of Whitney Way Thore.

• Love 9

Conspiracy theory: Whitney has seen the tactics of a presidential administration that shall not be named re: the media, and has decided that discrediting the medical community would serve the two-fold strategy of 1) giving her more attention, and 2) denying that obesity has any effect on her health and the health of her cult-like following. Too far-fetched?

• Love 8

I'm sure she gets negative mail all the time, it's just suspicious to me that all of the sudden it's a "dr" now, that "happened" to go out of their way to send it to her home. I'm half tempted to pen a letter myself and sign it "dr pepper".

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I'm sure she gets negative mail all the time, it's just suspicious to me that all of the sudden it's a "dr" now, that "happened" to go out of their way to send it to her home. I'm half tempted to pen a letter myself and sign it "dr pepper".

Just make sure it's not Diet Dr. Pepper. That is shaming. :-P

• Love 22

oh this letter is all kinds of fake. I love how she posted this during her show to draw attention away from how dumb it is and to garner more sympathy for herself.  The letter looks like a toddler wrote it.  I highly doubt it was actually from this doctor.  I saw that his name was eventually posted and people were looking him up (and mocking him and saying he probably has dementia) I looked him up and as far as I can tell the doctor is a real doctor but is 77-78 years old. I highly doubt he wrote it.  But she put him on blast all over the internet without even confirming if this guy did send the letter or if someone used that old guys info to send it, which is what I think happened or TLC did it.  She claims she doesn't want to be fat shammed but then she turns around and shams him? How does that even seem right.  She could have just said well f u buddy and threw the letter away, but nope once again she wants to draw attention to herself and make everyone see she is a the victim.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AmyB said:

oh this letter is all kinds of fake. I love how she posted this during her show to draw attention away from how dumb it is and to garner more sympathy for herself.  The letter looks like a toddler wrote it.  I highly doubt it was actually from this doctor.  I saw that his name was eventually posted and people were looking him up (and mocking him and saying he probably has dementia) I looked him up and as far as I can tell the doctor is a real doctor but is 77-78 years old. I highly doubt he wrote it.  But she put him on blast all over the internet without even confirming if this guy did send the letter or if someone used that old guys info to send it, which is what I think happened or TLC did it.  She claims she doesn't want to be fat shammed but then she turns around and shams him? How does that even seem right.  She could have just said well f u buddy and threw the letter away, but nope once again she wants to draw attention to herself and make everyone see she is a the victim.

She has no problem shaming other people.  They're just not allowed to do it to her :)

• Love 9

omg I was reading the synopsis for the upcoming episodes on my dvr schedule and the dance battle is in a couple episodes (eps 8) the one before is where she brings in Jenzi which he/she reminds me of a juiced up drill instructor. But the dance battle ep - the TWF come packing a secret weapon which has Whit calling foul and when an injury plagues her star dancer, whit loses her mind.  Hahahaha.  I am sorry but that whole thing screams scripted.  The show isn't even trying anymore.  I can't wait for that thread to open lol! I have a feeling they are going to have her group win the "dance battle"

• Love 2

There's no question that this is a bid for sympathy. "LOOK AT THE SUFFERING I MUST ENDURE FROM THE HATERS! I'M LIKE JESUS WITH THE WAY I'M TORMENTED ALL THE TIME!"

Bitch, please... I've been called nastier things on a school playground. You're fat. You don't like people judging you, either choose to ignore them or lose some weight.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

There's no question that this is a bid for sympathy. "LOOK AT THE SUFFERING I MUST ENDURE FROM THE HATERS! I'M LIKE JESUS WITH THE WAY I'M TORMENTED ALL THE TIME!"

Bitch, please... I've been called nastier things on a school playground. You're fat. You don't like people judging you, either choose to ignore them or lose some weight.

Not to mention, she is a public figure. She is on a TV show *about how fat she is.* It's in the goddamn name of the show. How she expects to get through life with nobody pointing out the extremely obvious is baffling to me. 

• Love 10

I haven't seen anything fabulous so far.   I would rename the show. Whitney (No) Way Is This A Fabulous Life.

Sore, hurt mentally and physically, can barely walk, rejected, humiliated, crying all the time and fill in lots more.

This ain't fabulous.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

I haven't seen anything fabulous so far.   I would rename the show. Whitney (No) Way Is This A Fabulous Life.

Sore, hurt mentally and physically, can barely walk, rejected, humiliated, crying all the time and fill in lots more.

This ain't fabulous.

My Big Fat So-Called Life.

• Love 4

Now twit is posting a cosmo article about the fat shamming letter. She will stop at nothing to get people to feel sorry for her. Probably never even confirmed this doctor wrote it either. 

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 1

You can always tell when Twit has skipped her morning shower when she arrives at the radio station . Her hair looks flat & greasy . She openly admits to her co-workers about her slovenly ways. I can't help but feel sorry for that producer ( the cute black gal, can't think of her name ) who's trapped in that tiny room with Twit.  Her stink must take over the room. GaG?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DNR said:

You can always tell when Twit has skipped her morning shower when she arrives at the radio station . Her hair looks flat & greasy . She openly admits to her co-workers about her slovenly ways. I can't help but feel sorry for that producer ( the cute black gal, can't think of her name ) who's trapped in that tiny room with Twit.  Her stink must take over the room. GaG?

Especially if Whitney has smoked in her car on her way to work (don't know if she does or not, but we know that she admits to smoking). I had a class in college with a woman who not only had poor hygiene but who must've smoked in her car before class. It wasn't just her breath, she reeked from her hair to her clothes. Can't imagine sharing a tiny room with someone who smells bad. 

• Love 2

And smoking just permeates EVERYTHING. It is truly a nasty stench, one that smokers are completely nose-blind to. Between the smoking, the cat shit and piss everywhere, and the admitted lack of showering, Whitney probably totally REEKS all of the time.

• Love 2

Amateur psychologist alert: 

I think someone mentioned this in a previous thread, but she seems to be enclosed in a cloud of depression. Even in the first episodes, she did not have the most fastidious hygiene, but now the frequent lack of bathing, the unwashed hair, the "I've given up" clothing all give the impression she is seriously depressed.

I watched one of the early dance videos--2014, I think--and she looked quite pretty. Her hair was clean and attractively styled, her skin was lovely, and she had a happy glow.  I don't see that now. It seems she is feeling and seeing the impact of the extra weight on her body now. She looks defeated.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LookABird said:

Amateur psychologist alert: 

I think someone mentioned this in a previous thread, but she seems to be enclosed in a cloud of depression. Even in the first episodes, she did not have the most fastidious hygiene, but now the frequent lack of bathing, the unwashed hair, the "I've given up" clothing all give the impression she is seriously depressed.

I watched one of the early dance videos--2014, I think--and she looked quite pretty. Her hair was clean and attractively styled, her skin was lovely, and she had a happy glow.  I don't see that now. It seems she is feeling and seeing the impact of the extra weight on her body now. She looks defeated.

I can get on board with this. She DOES look depressed. The only time we really see her dressed well, with nice makeup and hair, is in her talking heads. And while I do think 90% of the scenes are all faked and scripted, I DO believe that there are moments of truth in them. When Jiya was dancing and Whit was watching her, for instance, Whit's sweaty face looked totally defeated. She has to know that her weight is a problem and that her life is NOT fabulous, as is. 

So...the horse episode is coming up next week. I am an avid rider. When we're on vacation we occasionally take the family to stables to do private rides, like riding on the beach and stuff. I've been to a dozen of these and every single one has a weight limit of 250 pounds. I know this because my mother is 300 pounds and has never been allowed to ride. 

• Love 3

Some places have an even stricter weight limit if the horses in that local are small and/or especially light. I've been dreaming about a horseback trek in Morocco where all the horses are Arabs or Barbs (both of which are small and light breeds) and the weight limit for riders is less than 200 pounds.

I'm not sure what's offending me more about the promo for the next episode. The equestrian in me is horrified by seeing Whitney swaying on that poor animal's back (though thankfully they're going at a leisurely walk because I cannot imagine her trying to actually ride at a trot or canter). But the bisexual in me is sickened by this latest fake chapter of "Everyone Has The Hots for Whitney (even the chicks)".

• Love 8
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I can get on board with this. She DOES look depressed. The only time we really see her dressed well, with nice makeup and hair, is in her talking heads. And while I do think 90% of the scenes are all faked and scripted, I DO believe that there are moments of truth in them. When Jiya was dancing and Whit was watching her, for instance, Whit's sweaty face looked totally defeated. She has to know that her weight is a problem and that her life is NOT fabulous, as is. 

So...the horse episode is coming up next week. I am an avid rider. When we're on vacation we occasionally take the family to stables to do private rides, like riding on the beach and stuff. I've been to a dozen of these and every single one has a weight limit of 250 pounds. I know this because my mother is 300 pounds and has never been allowed to ride. 

I gotta wonder if the producers are like, what will it take for this woman to see that her life is NOT fabulous?  How many plants and scripting and planned embarrassments will it take for Whitney to acknowledge her reality?  Maybe Jiya was giggling in Whitney's class because Whitney was the only one not in on the plan and the more serious Whitney got, the funnier it became. 

The show never used to make Whitney look this bad. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

The show never used to make Whitney look this bad. 

I think it's the TLC Syndrome.  

Take a unique situation (family of multiples, little people, overweight dancer wannabes) which may be interesting or educational to the general public.  Pay them a lot (for them) of money for allowing their lives to be filmed day in and day out.  Then watch the money change them - individually and as a family.  Keep it going as long as possible, but when the "stars" start believing they are "all that" and start making demands, slowly but surely start filming them as the people they have become - overpaid, entitled jerks.

That's why whenever I see a new show that has nice people on it, I want to tell the new people to RUN before it's too late.

JMO.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think it's the TLC Syndrome.  

Take a unique situation (family of multiples, little people, overweight dancer wannabes) which may be interesting or educational to the general public.  Pay them a lot (for them) of money for allowing their lives to be filmed day in and day out.  Then watch the money change them - individually and as a family.  Keep it going as long as possible, but when the "stars" start believing they are "all that" and start making demands, slowly but surely start filming them as the people they have become - overpaid, entitled jerks.

That's why whenever I see a new show that has nice people on it, I want to tell the new people to RUN before it's too late.

JMO.

Kinda why I think the joke's on Whit. Must get to a point where they don't even like their "stars" anymore and just mess with 'em.

Reminds me of the movie "Showgirls" where Elizabeth Berkeley seemed to be the only actor not in on the notion that this movie was a complete joke. The more seriously she took her role, the more ridiculous she appeared. It's as if the other actors not only knew it, but messed with her the entire time. I feel like they're doing that with Whitney in the "reality" sense, but I also don't feel sorry for her at this point (I felt awful for Elizabeth, who's actually a lovely dancer).

And it's too bad that such a trend happens in reality tv. Why does everyone turn into a raging lunatic?

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2017 at 5:05 PM, auntjess said:

My eyes, my eyes!!! Eye bleach isn't enough; I'd need some kind advanced Vulcan memory sweep for these images. Great link auntjess! I would absolutely not be mad if we had a "what not to wear for any size" topic.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

And it's too bad that such a trend happens in reality tv. Why does everyone turn into a raging lunatic?

Maybe because it takes a certain type of person to enthusiastically agree to be filmed all the time? I think it takes a big dose of narcissism to decide you are all that interesting to the whole world to begin with. Then, once the show begins, and the fans show up on Facebook, instagram, etc. that aspect of the reality "star's" personality keeps swelling, as Whitney's certainly has, and the "star" gets more self-absorbed, self-centered and detached from what their behavior really looks like.

• Love 4

Could you guys imagine if, when this show comes to an end, she's asked to be on "Dancing with the Stars?"  I see this progression: 

"This is going to be great, I'm going to win

"I can't do this move, my back hurts. No I can't do that either, it's too hard."

"Waaaaaah! Waaaaah! Why'd they vote me off?"

We could still be here talking about how she thinks she can dance............

• Love 3

Dancing With The Stars!  I don't believe they'd consider Whitney for a moment. First, she's not even D-list famous enough for them.  She's not an Osbourne, a Kardashian, a Bachelor/Bachelorette cast member, a Real Housewife, or a former concubine of Hugh Hefner, an ex of the current President, a huge current internet sensation or a dwarf.  If, for some unlikely reason , DWTS decided to vet her, it would immediately be obvious that she isn't physically capable of the demands of the show - can you imagine her rehearsing non-stop for hours at a time, seven days a week? She's also made it clear that she can't or won't spin, jump, bend her knees or pick up choreography quickly. (Speaking of picking up, where would they find a coach willing to work with her on lifts, unless it was teaching her how to lift him.) Just a few honest answers to a few pointed questions from the casting director to Whitney's current personal trainer would be enough to eliminate her.

• Love 8

She would fake an injury in the first two weeks and leave the show. Mark my words. And she'd be like "even thin people get injured on this show, it's not about my weight, I have to trust my body and do what's right for me, so I quit."

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

I think  she is not Dancing with the Stars material or she might be the first to cardiac arrest live.

I would love to see her with Maks however. She would last 3 seconds.

Don't even THINK of doing that to my Maks. Give her to Mark. I already don't like him, so I'd enjoy that pairing.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

She would fake an injury destroy her knees in the first two weeks five minutes and leave the show. Mark my words. And she'd be sobbing hysterically like "even thin people get injured on this show, it's not about my weight, I have to trust my body and do what's right for me, so I quit."

Fixed it for ya. :-)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Dancing With The Stars!  I don't believe they'd consider Whitney for a moment. First, she's not even D-list famous enough for them. 

So what is she famous enough for? 
My suggestions, a rebirth of Celebrity House Hunting, because they seem to show the Danny Bonaduce a LOT.  And with her temper, how about Snapped?
(I don't actually watch these shows, but I read the on-screen guide for a lot of channels.)

• Love 1

Actual comment from a Whitney fan: "I was called obese by two heartless doctors never went back to them!"

Whitney's attitude may now indirectly cause her zealous fans to die because they so distrust and loathe the medical community.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

But the bisexual in me is sickened by this latest fake chapter of "Everyone Has The Hots for Whitney (even the chicks)".

It's sickening because it's phoney!  And because it's phoney... it's gaysploitative.  Gays haven't been fighting for decades so that straight people can pretend to swing both ways for extra ratings.

• Love 8