Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2016 at 2:36 PM, Ketzel said:

So Whitney reports that she could not resist the lure of the karaoke spotlight on board the cruise, and while really getting into "Baby Got Back," she stomped on the broken toe, screamed a curse into the microphone and was assisted, sobbing, from the room as Heather leaped to the mic and broke into "I Will Survive."  I am a terrible person for finding this both funny and karmic.  So be it. :)

I think she's full of shit, and none of that happened.

• Love 4
On 12/9/2016 at 11:36 AM, Ketzel said:

So Whitney reports that she could not resist the lure of the karaoke spotlight on board the cruise, and while really getting into "Baby Got Back," she stomped on the broken toe, screamed a curse into the microphone and was assisted, sobbing, from the room as Heather leaped to the mic and broke into "I Will Survive."  I am a terrible person for finding this both funny and karmic.  So be it. :)

I've watched Whitney since her first season, hoping for the best for her.  But I swear.......this woman is always getting hurt and the over-dramatization of these injuries is just too much.  I'm a long distance athlete and have had my own injuries and setbacks so I get it but my gosh, the drama appears disproportionate to the problem (excluding the fainting episode).

From season one to now, Whitney went from being likeable and funny to annoying and pissy; from me rooting for her to rolling my eyes at the next inevitable boo-boo that occurs just before some big event. Not sure I can endure another season of injuries, overdramatics and excuses. It'd be nice to see her shown back with her trainer and on a more healthy track. 

• Love 7

Is being prediabetic based on weight to height ratio?  Age? Cholesterol or blood pressure?  

I really don't know, and I'm  going to look it up after I post this, BUT, surely Whit has to be prediabetic given her poor, ridiculously unhealthy eating habits of incredibly processed, full-fat, sugar laden  foods and drinks. 

The reason I ask is that I keep expecting to be told that I'm pre-d cuz I'm abt 50 lbs overweight, and both maternal  grandparents had it,  and I have a raging sweet tooth. But so far, no pre -d. My cholesterol and other stats are fine too--acc to my annual dr. visit and blood analysis. 

Plus my husband had been diabetic for 20 years now, and though we have parted ways in terms of eating similar foods,   I am more careful of eating morw healthy foods than he is.  

I ll let you all know what I find on pre-d.

Edited by Tosia
Stumped and never really thought sbt it.

Pre Diabetes factors acc to Web MD  include: genetics, race, being overweight esp around the abdomen, diet high in red meat or sugar, PCOS,  inactivity, sleep apnea, etc.. 

Guess Whit qualifies in most categories.  I don't know how long she can keep dodging that bullet. Let's see how delusional she has gotten in  2017.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Tosia said:

Is being prediabetic based on weight to height ratio?  Age? Cholesterol or blood pressure?  

I really don't know, and I'm  going to look it up after I post this, BUT, surely Whit has to be prediabetic given her poor, ridiculously unhealthy eating habits of incredibly processed, full-fat, sugar laden  foods and drinks. 

The reason I ask is that I keep expecting to be told that I'm pre-d cuz I'm abt 50 lbs overweight, and both maternal  grandparents had it,  and I have a raging sweet tooth. But so far, no pre -d. My cholesterol and other stats are fine too--acc to my annual dr. visit and blood analysis. 

Plus my husband had been diabetic for 20 years now, and though we have parted ways in terms of eating similar foods,   I am more careful of eating morw healthy foods than he is.  

I ll let you all know what I find on pre-d.

A diagnosis of prediabetes is based on fasting blood sugar levels. You can increase your likelihood of getting diabetes with your diet and lifestyle, but believe it or not, it can happen even if you eat only lean meats and lettuce for your entire life--sometimes its just hereditary.  

According to the NIH, people with a fasting glucose level of 100 to 125 mg/dL have impaired fasting glucose (IFG), or prediabetes. A level of 126 mg/dL or above, confirmed by repeating the test on another day, means a person has diabetes.

• Love 2

True, my fasting blood sugar was in that range (105) and diabetes runs in my family like wild. I'm not overweight and I eat healthy so heredity plays a big part.

Not so much with Whitney though, she's on her way to a whole lot of health problems if she doesn't do something soon.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mzskyhawk00 said:

Just saw the promo for season 4.  Pregnancy scare.

ummm pregnancy scare for a massively obese woman with horrendous PCOS ( so horrendous it made her gain 100 lbs)?? How did she think she was pregnant? missed period?

I am not going to lie I am ready for this show to come back, I've missed the snark. And am curious if she will continue on her path to self destruction...or get healthy for the baby. LOL.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 8

So Lenny will continue to be part of the story line, eh?  He learns about the possible pregnancy (which turns out to be a false alarm), and suddenly realizes that he DOES want a family with Twit, and come crawling back for her forgiveness.  If done right, it could take all season to wrap that one up.  And NEXT season will be all about them trying on purpose to have a baby, and the agony of infertility for our poor Twit.  Think of all the drama she can pry out of that, and all the sympathy she'll get from the True Believers.

• Love 5

pregnancy scare???  SCARE? She's a 30+ morbidly obese woman with PCOS.  A pregnancy would be a miracle....like a Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, Christmas miracle.  That's how impossible it is for her to get pregnant right now.  The only people with less of a chance to get pregnant are women who've had a hysterectomy and transgender women, LOL.

• Love 9

She's a 30 yo morbidly obese (almost 400 lbs per last weigh in) with pcos.  She admitted to It  not having many periods.  I really wanted to roll my eyes when I saw the promo.  I doubt she'll get pregnant given that the deck is stacked against her.

• Love 3
On 12/5/2016 at 3:03 PM, yogi2014L said:

has anyone checked out the fb page? in the first picture she is literally sitting on Todd. Why? Poor guy is gonna get hurt. Like she is sitting on him like a child would sit on their parents playing horsey or something

Bizarre. She also broke her toe dancing, saying that nobody could out pirouette her? I would bet she cannot do even one single pirouette. And she apparently broke her toe doing it which is super bizarre. 

Nobody can out pirouette her!? In my hay day I could do a triple, 15 years later I could probably still pull a double, but I highly doubt she could properly complete a single. I have friends who could do 6-7 at a time... I'm fairly confident the majority of the dance community could put pirouette her.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Nutella said:

Makes total sense for a woman her age, her size and with her medical condition (not). She's such a twat.

Umm.... she broke up with fake boyfriend Yukon Cornelius.  Who's the possible fake baby daddy? Buddy? Todd? TLC's paid ho???? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

Whitney's unhealthy level of delusion scares me more than her unhealthy weight . 

And the thing with Whitney is that she is.........So. Damn. Oversensitive.

Even when people try to be gentle with her, she becomes defensive and loses her shit versus owning up to stuff. Not sure I can watch another season of her blaming everyone and everything but herself. I'd like to be able to cheer her on but, as said--her personality. If she continues to act like a victim (and a bitchy victim at that), we may well just watch her get bigger and bigger (while heaping more blame on everything else with even more crying).

• Love 4

I haven't been on for awhile so I'm enjoying the snark. Have to get my motivation back after eating and drinking this past holidays.  Reading about Twit  and her overall assholeness will help. 

she is such an attention whore. Pregnancy scare??? Seriously.  

When does the new season start? I just can't wait any longer ???

To all my fellow snarkers. Happy New Year.  Good riddance to 2016 ( for me anyway).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I haven't been on for awhile so I'm enjoying the snark. Have to get my motivation back after eating and drinking this past holidays.  Reading about Twit  and her overall assholeness will help. 

she is such an attention whore. Pregnancy scare??? Seriously.  

When does the new season start? I just can't wait any longer ???

To all my fellow snarkers. Happy New Year.  Good riddance to 2016 ( for me anyway).

Her season usually starts when My 600lb life finishes (which that starts next wednesday).  Join us on the 600 lb life board for snark until then!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Pregnancy scare turns out to be a rotisserie chicken when an ultrasound is performed.

22 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

... Swallowed whole.

...Or an actual human baby swallowed whole!

I keep getting this gross Visual of Fat Bastard telling a baby  to "Get in Ma Belly " (Austin Powers)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

Her season usually starts when My 600lb life finishes (which that starts next wednesday).  Join us on the 600 lb life board for snark until then!

I think Whitney's new season of My Big Fat Fabulous 600 lbs Life starts late January.

• Love 3

I am anxious for the show to resume! For some reason, watching Whitney elbow her way around her life, noisily demanding respect for everything from her non-existent dance ability to her consistently terrible judgment and choices was a powerful motivator for me to do the work to stay fit and healthy and yes, slim.  The poor souls on My 600 lb. Life are mostly so terribly damaged and lost that I feel sad for them, but I never can imagine myself in their situation. Fat and Fabulous Whitney, however, with her comfortable up-bringing, her college education, her doting parents and her access to every possible means to address whatever the issues are that drive her to binge makes me: (a) disgusted with her delusional self, and (b) fully aware that I, too, have no real excuse not to take good care of the only body I'll ever own.  Every episode of MBFFL is good for inspiring at least a month of healthy eating and regular work-outs.

Come back soon, Whitney! The left-over Christmas candy at Trader Joe's is calling my name! :)

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

I am anxious for the show to resume! For some reason, watching Whitney elbow her way around her life, noisily demanding respect for everything from her non-existent dance ability to her consistently terrible judgment and choices was a powerful motivator for me to do the work to stay fit and healthy and yes, slim.  The poor souls on My 600 lb. Life are mostly so terribly damaged and lost that I feel sad for them, but I never can imagine myself in their situation. Fat and Fabulous Whitney, however, with her comfortable up-bringing, her college education, her doting parents and her access to every possible means to address whatever the issues are that drive her to binge makes me: (a) disgusted with her delusional self, and (b) fully aware that I, too, have no real excuse not to take good care of the only body I'll ever own.  Every episode of MBFFL is good for inspiring at least a month of healthy eating and regular work-outs.

Come back soon, Whitney! The left-over Christmas candy at Trader Joe's is calling my name! :)

I am watching now for the same reason. I am overweight and while not anywhere near Whitney's size, watching her struggle and whine her way through life has actually inspired me in a weird way. I've lost 25 pounds in the last 5 months and have about 40 more to go. Bring on the new season indeed!

• Love 12

Count me among those motivated by Whitney to lose weight, although in my case I had already lost a fair amount, but seeing her in her unhealthy delusional state inspired me to continue my weight loss.  I have multiple health issues which were exacerbated by my weight (315 at the highest) and even now that I have lost 102 lbs with about 50 more to go I find myself facing the consequences of my previous poor eating.  When I see Whitney blithely dismiss valid concerns from family and friends I want to reach through the screen and give her a good shaking.  Wake up Twitney....you are facing a multiple of problems in addition to the ones you already have and you won't be able to talk your way out of them trust me.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Congratulations Precious on your weight loss. It's ironic that Twits message is having the opposite effect on you. I wonder how many people have been motivated to lose weight because of her crap.

I don't know if Whitney believes her own message.  When Whitney says she "likes" being fat, it doesn't seem genuine and think she's in serious denial of the fact that she's got a food addiction. For someone who supposedly likes who she is, she spends a lot of time feeling miserable (as the comedian called her out in a similar fashion). 

• Love 5

Riding my bike watching TLC. Oh, my gosh. A pregnancy scare this year? CRAZY. I would so much more like to see her commit to healthy eating and exercise. That I would watch. On actually rooting for Whitney. I think she's kind of an idiot that there is a charm to her although it's fading fast.

ETA, not only a pregnancy scare, but a lesbian fling too.  Now I'd watch Meri from Sister Wives going through those issues. Let's mix and match plot devices on our favorite hate watch TLC shows.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 3

The thing with Whitney is that she's very bipolar in her "message" and her "wants".

On the one hand she says she wants to get healthy, lose weight, exercise and take care of herself.

On the other hand say claims to love being fat and fight for fat acceptance and against body shaming. To the point of her doing whatever she can (like putting her butt in someone's face) to provoke people to body shame her so she can react. Provoke and then react is her favorite activity.

She also seems detached from reality. The way she describes events in her TH's is very different from what we actually see happen.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Nutella said:

The thing with Whitney is that she's very bipolar in her "message" and her "wants".

On the one hand she says she wants to get healthy, lose weight, exercise and take care of herself.

On the other hand say claims to love being fat and fight for fat acceptance and against body shaming. To the point of her doing whatever she can (like putting her butt in someone's face) to provoke people to body shame her so she can react. Provoke and then react is her favorite activity.

She also seems detached from reality. The way she describes events in her TH's is very different from what we actually see happen.

Totally agree with all that.

Another thing about Whitney is she states she previously had an eating disorder (anorexia?). Having been through eating disorders treatment for ana and been in therapy with dozens of people who had various EDs, I suspect Whitney has swapped one eating disorder for another (it happens). While many anorexics (myself included) pushed for "pro-ana" acceptance, Whitney is pushing for her no body shame fueled by her food addiction. I think she might need more than a trainer and a diet plan, she needs to get down to the bedrock of her issues with food. 

Just my opinion on the whole thing. I don't think anyone should be bullied for their appearance but Whitney's movement seems to have other motives than just combating bullies because as you said, she provokes and then reacts.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

Totally agree with all that.

Another thing about Whitney is she states she previously had an eating disorder (anorexia?). Having been through eating disorders treatment for ana and been in therapy with dozens of people who had various EDs, I suspect Whitney has swapped one eating disorder for another (it happens). While many anorexics (myself included) pushed for "pro-ana" acceptance, Whitney is pushing for her no body shame fueled by her food addiction. I think she might need more than a trainer and a diet plan, she needs to get down to the bedrock of her issues with food. 

Just my opinion on the whole thing. I don't think anyone should be bullied for their appearance but Whitney's movement seems to have other motives than just combating bullies because as you said, she provokes and then reacts.

Oh yes that too. She's bipolar with that also. She will often say she eats just like everyone else and doesn't understand why she's so fat, blaming PCOS etc. Sometimes she'll even say she eats less. Other times she'll whine how no one understands her eating disorders. How much she has struggled with eating disorders for so long.

She doesn't need a trainer and a diet. She needs OA and commitment to the meetings, steps etc.

And yes, making fun of people's bodies is not ok at all, it's horrible and unacceptable, but Whitney WANTS that to happen and provokes as much as she can for that to happen. So I don't care if she gets "fat shamed" because that's what she wants as a warrior for the food addict apologists.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Nanu160 said:

Is there such thing as Fat Jail? That would be a godsend for our Lost Cause Whitney.

Wishful thinking. Just like any other addiction, the addict has to want to change. I wish I could shlep her to OA.

On 12/31/2016 at 11:49 AM, editorgrrl said:

Tattoo Girls, TLC's new six-episode series, will premiere on Tuesday, January 24, at 10/9c. No date has been announced for MBFFL season 4.

It's January 24th at 9/8c.  So, it's the lead in to Tattoo Girls. Promo ran during Untold Stories of the ER.

It is only the second promo I have seen.  But then, I don't really watch TLC.  Had a bunch of Untold Stories on dvr.

Edited by mzskyhawk00
  • Love 1

Okay, I have not seen the promo (just got back from lots of travel), so I will just say...pregnancy scare? That will alienate a HUGE portion of Whit's audience. Lots of her fans have PCOS and would LOVE to get pregnant. I went through infertility (though not PCOS, and thankfully we had a baby eventually) and seeing someone in a (likely fake) panic about a miracle pregnancy would have PISSED ME OFF back then. Watch out, Whitney, because this storyline may backfire.

• Love 3

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion... but was it last season she took us to the doctor to see if she could get pregnant? So you mean to tell me that she does that (I don't remember the outcome, did they say she could get pregnant?) then has unprotected sex, and gasp now maybe she's pregnant? I know you *can* still get pregnant even if everyone does everything they are supposed to (tm friends when Ross and Rachel get pregnant) but I'm sorry I don't buy it when you have a condition the on its own makes it more difficult to get pregnant, that would make the chances one in a million (not a literal statistic, I'm too lazy to do the research to find the actual statistic). And I also find her friendship with Buddy's girlfriend weird because I think if she had half a chance she would jump him. 

My take on her intake... I agree with the poster above who posted above that mentioned her story changing, is she anorexic? Or eats normal but is a victim of pcos? To me the telling part is the number of times she has been caught on camera on HER show sneaking/binging... I'm sure there are more times that aren't caught on camera too. My point is that the fact that she feels to need to hide what she's doing in those times indicate that she is not being honest about either scenario... anorexic or victim of circumstance, and is sabotaging her own weight loss then turns to the camera and cries she tries so hard why doesn't anything work for her.

• Love 2