Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

Actually hgb a1c tests the level for the last 2-3 months, that part of the reason it's used because you can't just eat well the week of the dr appt and alter it, you can tell some degree of compliance.

• Love 4
On 1/6/2017 at 3:28 PM, Cherrio said:

People are only watching now because she is very disliked.  That garners bigger ratings, so until TLC decides to dump her or she has another serious medical problem, the show goes on.

I feel strongly she has never had any of the weight gaining medical diagnosis she claims to have had, just your classic food addict in the throes of addiction.

She seems to also be suffering from whatever anti- social personality disorders that make certain people PERFECT for reality tv. She lies, she films fake scenes, she thinks she is a celebrity now and seems willing to do anything.   These kind of people are blind to how they are being exploited for a few bucks while TLC rakes in millions.

Whitney just seems to be one of the worst of the bunch when I think of other past and present reality folks.   She also seems to take delight in humiliating and treating her parents like crap.    I happen to think her problems stem from a lot of dysfunction in that family though.

Worse than mama June and the Boo clan? Or worse than the Duggars?  Cause TLC manages to dredge up the worst of the worst and put on display.

As for Twit, I cannot believe they are going the "lesbian" route this season.  Even lesbians wouldn't want to date a slobby, simpering, disgusting trainwrek like the Twit.   I wish they would just introduce her to Dr. Now and get this shit over with.  For gawd's sake. Parents stop indulging her!

• Love 11

Just a comment on A1C and diabetes. When diagnosed my A1C was 7.1, I have never been above 8.3. This past year I have developed a severe complication from my Neurpothay caused by my Type 2 Diabetes. The disease is called Charcot Arthropathy and it is awful and frequently misdiagnosed, if you have Neuropathy please learn about this disease as it was something I was never told about. Anyway I am on 2 oral medications (old ones not new drugs) and have pretty good control but fasting is still a bit high. My A1C is now 5.1. Here is the kicker. I have always thought my A1C was not an indicator of how well or unwell my diabetes was being treated but my PCP lived and died by those numbers. I now see an Endocrinologist and he has since informed me that I am "one of those people", people who cannot use A1C as the only measure. So now I have a good baseline and know where I should be and my 5.1 is like another's 6.4. My uncontrolled diabetes has led to Charcot and if I had seen an Endo earlier I may have been treated differently or I may not have, who knows. Just some additional information for those that suffer or are close to diagnosis. 

If Whitney is bordering on Dx then she should be monitoring fasting and post eating sugars for a realistic picture of her overall Diabetic picture.

• Love 8

There is a very interesting discussion happening on Whitneys FB page if anyone is bored.

She posted a video of this guy doing really cool parkour and gymnastics tricks ( seriously impressive)

He has a bit of a gut but there is no denying he is incredibly athletic and in shape, and if you saw him in the street you wouldn't look at him twice ( size wise). he looks average with his shirt on

Anyway, she says " This amazing fat dude. #BellyForBalance #NoBodyShame" , and a lot of her commentors are calling her out

" If the same thing was done by a thinner guy, would it be as impressive? Would it get as much attention? By emphasizing this guy as fat, you are discriminating. It is not material to what he does. No more so than how much hair he happens to have, or how short or tall his is. Political correctness irks me to no end, but explicitly pointing out he's fat brings needless attention to how we're supposed to be more impressed by his abilities; Implying that he should be less capable than he is because he's fat.

For the record, I'm impressed by his skill. I am also tickled by the need to point out his body type, and then follow it with a no body shaming plug. Quite hypocritical."

• Love 14

What a dumbass. What if he isn't a fan of being called "fat" on the internet? You can't just assign terms to others just because you feel the need to reclaim them for yourself. I'm not going around saying "look at this Polack" on Rob Gronkowski memes, or something.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

There is a very interesting discussion happening on Whitneys FB page if anyone is bored.

She posted a video of this guy doing really cool parkour and gymnastics tricks ( seriously impressive)

He has a bit of a gut but there is no denying he is incredibly athletic and in shape, and if you saw him in the street you wouldn't look at him twice ( size wise). he looks average with his shirt on

Anyway, she says " This amazing fat dude. #BellyForBalance #NoBodyShame" , and a lot of her commentors are calling her out

" If the same thing was done by a thinner guy, would it be as impressive? Would it get as much attention? By emphasizing this guy as fat, you are discriminating. It is not material to what he does. No more so than how much hair he happens to have, or how short or tall his is. Political correctness irks me to no end, but explicitly pointing out he's fat brings needless attention to how we're supposed to be more impressed by his abilities; Implying that he should be less capable than he is because he's fat.

For the record, I'm impressed by his skill. I am also tickled by the need to point out his body type, and then follow it with a no body shaming plug. Quite hypocritical."

So I had to check this out.  I liked, no LOVED, Whitney's response to the person that DARE question Queen Whitney - "You're new here". LOL  Like duh, didn't this commenter know that you are only supposed to have comments that agree with the Queen's?    Aren't those her forum rules? I LOVE IT how people are able to post non-positive comments now.  

And sadly, I agree, because that guy pretty much has the shape of pretty much every guy I know.  He's definitely "over weight" but not obese, at least in my opinion.  I think someone said to Whit, "let's see you do a backflip like that."  

Thanks for the giggle.  I needed it.

• Love 11
On 1/1/2017 at 4:16 PM, Runnergirl said:

Technically she can't be anorexic. You have to be a certain amount of weight below normal for that diagnosis. I remember saying she was or was borderline anorexic, or maybe EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified). And I'm not sure if she ever said she was bulimic, but most anas do purge (it can go in phases).

As far as her intake, yeah, the cameras have caught her sneaking food and her trainer caught her with fast food wrappers in her car so I wonder what she's doing that isn't shown. From the little they do show, she's likely dealing with food addiction/binge eating. She just does not want to admit to it (and I'd have a lot more empathy for her if she did).

I watched a few episodes over the holiday break and was struck again about how much she ate during the cake tasting.  Its a tasting not a dessert bar.  Didn't she say at one point cake wasn't really her thing?  PCOS or not, she eats a lot and a lot of bad stuff.  Deal with it don't deal with it but don't blame the entire weight issue on PCOS.  I suspect MAJOR binge eating.  I don't think she wants to be fit.  If she were she may not feel special.

• Love 7

There is a New York dance company called Pretty Big Movement that is, in reality, what Whitney imagines her Big Girl Dance Class to be. These are plus-size women with technique and charisma and power. They are pros down to their fingertips and toes.  Oh, and just by the way, the director and founder is dancing in this video, but unless you know who she is, you can't tell who she is. Unlike Whitney, her troupe isn't a way for her to hog the limelight. It's really about furthering the professional careers of dancers in larger-than-traditionally-expected bodies.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

There is a New York dance company called Pretty Big Movement that is, in reality, what Whitney imagines her Big Girl Dance Class to be. These are plus-size women with technique and charisma and power. They are pros down to their fingertips and toes.  Oh, and just by the way, the director and founder is dancing in this video, but unless you know who she is, you can't tell who she is. Unlike Whitney, her troupe isn't a way for her to hog the limelight. It's really about furthering the professional careers of dancers in larger-than-traditionally-expected bodies.

Perfectly put. Whit does hog the limelight (and then winds up hurting herself or cannot finish). But these women, though they're bigger than average dancers, look healthy and fit and are able to actually DANCE.

I'd have far more respect for Whit if her show--and message--resembled this.

• Love 6
On January 9, 2017 at 5:15 PM, ClareWalks said:

What a dumbass. What if he isn't a fan of being called "fat" on the internet? You can't just assign terms to others just because you feel the need to reclaim them for yourself. I'm not going around saying "look at this Polack" on Rob Gronkowski memes, or something.

Yeah , just cuz Twit is ok with it doesn't mean he is or wants to be part of her sham No BS crap. She's such a huge dick now

• Love 8

LOL at the comments on her FB page

"I do like your show and watch it , however it surprised me that now your suddenly bi or a lesbian. Just saw where you thought you were pregnant. Lots of changes I guess"

Quite the juxtaposition this season it seems lol.

Seriously, does her life really need all these story lines? I have no interest in a grown ass adult possibly being pregnant ( whoop de doo) or exploring her sexuality....for most of us that was what happened in college...not scandalous, not interesting... just ugh.  

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

LOL at the comments on her FB page

"I do like your show and watch it , however it surprised me that now your suddenly bi or a lesbian. Just saw where you thought you were pregnant. Lots of changes I guess"

Quite the juxtaposition this season it seems lol.

Seriously, does her life really need all these story lines? I have no interest in a grown ass adult possibly being pregnant ( whoop de doo) or exploring her sexuality....for most of us that was what happened in college...not scandalous, not interesting... just ugh.  

Right? Hasn't everyone tried a little Katy Perry?

• Love 4

I remember seeing the previews for this show, the first season and said i would never watch it.  It looked like the typical nonsense that TLC has been programming.  Lo and behold, I went channel surfing and nothing else was on so I stopped and saw this Whitney girl talking to college students.  I could already tell this girl was in denial and very delusional.  The only thing that kept me watching the show was I recognized some of the streets and wondered if this was based out of Greensboro, where I use to live, and it was.  I didn't realize this was a marathon and I ended up torturing myself watching this girl cry, justify and be denial for the whole season, just because i wanted to see the scenery and streets of Greensboro.  I know that's a stupid reason to watch but the viewing options were limited.  I'm still debating whether i will watch the current season, but that tired lesbian storyline looks too sorry for words, like the rest of the show.  Maybe if they bring back the mean female comedienne I will watch, but other than that,  I can't even hate watch this mess anymore.

• Love 5
On 1/10/2017 at 2:57 PM, Ketzel said:

Those women are AMAZING!! I feel like this is what Whitney THINKS she looks like in her head. LOL. As we all know that isn't the case. Not even close

She should have them on the show and teach her class a thing or two about dance!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, steven T said:

I remember seeing the previews for this show, the first season and said i would never watch it.  It looked like the typical nonsense that TLC has been programming.  Lo and behold, I went channel surfing and nothing else was on so I stopped and saw this Whitney girl talking to college students.  I could already tell this girl was in denial and very delusional.  The only thing that kept me watching the show was I recognized some of the streets and wondered if this was based out of Greensboro, where I use to live, and it was.  I didn't realize this was a marathon and I ended up torturing myself watching this girl cry, justify and be denial for the whole season, just because i wanted to see the scenery and streets of Greensboro.  I know that's a stupid reason to watch but the viewing options were limited.  I'm still debating whether i will watch the current season, but that tired lesbian storyline looks too sorry for words, like the rest of the show.  Maybe if they bring back the mean female comedienne I will watch, but other than that,  I can't even hate watch this mess anymore.

I do the same thing whenever I see a show that's based near where I live (I'm in south Fla, so that happens fairly often).

I think this season I'm going to DVR it and come here to read the comments before I decide to watch it.  The previews for this season irk me more and more each time I watch them - it's the pregnancy scare that super pisses me off each time I watch it (who cares about the lesbian thing, whatever floats your boat sweetie).  So she's over 30, has PCOS, and is morbidly obese, and lets say that she did accidentally get pregnant.  Didn't we see her go to the OB/GYN two seasons ago to see if a pregnancy was possible because she wanted to have kids some day?  So from the preview she's like "oh I can't have kids right now." Well, why the fuck not?  You own a fucking house, you're not under 18 years old, you're not in school, your parents are over 70, you have a sweet reality show job, of which you do not deserve, what the fuck are you waiting for??? The moon and stars to align and the angels to sing?  Some poor fool to put a ring on it?  Time to grow up sister!  If you ever wanted to have a kid, you should jump at any chance you are given.  Obviously, in a perfect world, she would have gotten down to a reasonable weight and be in somewhat of a committed relationship before getting pregnant (married would be the best, but I'm just old fashion like that), but if she were actually pregnant and decided to terminate, I think she would be making a huge mistake and may never have another chance at a pregnancy.  

For the TL;DR: She thinks we are all stupid, like we all don't remember the "scare" from two seasons ago that she was afraid would never get pregnant. THIS is why this show pisses me off.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

what the fuck are you waiting for??? The moon and stars to align and the angels to sing?  Some poor fool to put a ring on it?

LOL, this rant is amazing. It's so true. If she wants to have kids "someday" she needs to realize that when  you're north of 30 (not hating, just biological facts), that "someday" is coming the fuck up within a decade or so. Yeah, yeah, women can get pregnant in their 40s, but that is not something you should count on, especially if you are 400 lb and have PCOS.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, steven T said:

This is why I began watching "Sister Wives", because I live in Vegas and they moved here from Utah. Got hooked even though it's sometimes painful to watch.

I began watching Whitney because I'd seen her video dancing and was hoping to see a positive person trying to better herself and not necessarily become "skinny"--and she seemed to be on that path in the first season. Went downhill from there with her personality.

• Love 2

She would never allow actual good dancers to come to her studio, or take her class to see them... do y'all remember how jealous she got when there was a girl in her class better than her... she hated that girl... caity?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, leighroda said:

She would never allow actual good dancers to come to her studio, or take her class to see them... do y'all remember how jealous she got when there was a girl in her class better than her... she hated that girl... caity?

And they would never invite her to join their troupe because . . . shoes.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, leighroda said:

That was the girl that led a class without Whitney's "permission" right? Because there was no class scheduled for that day? I don't see why that would be such a big threat but to Whitney anything seems to be a threat.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

That was the girl that led a class without Whitney's "permission" right? Because there was no class scheduled for that day? I don't see why that would be such a big threat but to Whitney anything seems to be a threat.

There isn't even a real class. It doesn't exist. There is only "class" when TLC cameras are rolling.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

It's such a shame that she isn't pregnant because she doesn't have any idea on what it takes to raise a child. This is what would get me back to watching her show.

It would get too stressful for her when she has to change the first diaper. She would probably hand off the baby to her parents and continue with her "dance career".

she probably would pack on another 100lbs. "I'm eating for 2". For her and a baby elephant.

too narcissistic and self centered.  

• Love 7

So I just saw a video of a dancer named Lizzie Howell. She's 15 and a true dancer. She's very overweight but you wouldn't know it by her dancing. Watch her video. She does perfect pirouettes.

Im not defending her weight by any means. She still has to lose weight. My point is Whitney should watch what a real dancer is.

• Love 5

Has anyone else noticed that this forum is right below "My 600 lb Life"??  Serendipity?  When I saw the commercial for the new season of Whitney is either preggers or gay, I thought,"Jeez. If this girl gains any more weight, she's gonna BE on "My 600 lb. Life".  Goodness.  Someone upthread already said it: go ahead and go see Dr. Now, NOW.  And AZ Christian, I literally laughed out loud at your post about...... SHOES!!  Too hilarious!!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Has anyone else noticed that this forum is right below "My 600 lb Life"??  Serendipity?  When I saw the commercial for the new season of Whitney is either preggers or gay, I thought,"Jeez. If this girl gains any more weight, she's gonna BE on "My 600 lb. Life".  Goodness.  Someone upthread already said it: go ahead and go see Dr. Now, NOW.  And AZ Christian, I literally laughed out loud at your post about...... SHOES!!  Too hilarious!!

And pretty sure Dr. Now wouldn't let her off with her go-to excuses................

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Lol it's funny when it works out like that, mine rearranges every time, so it doesn't always happen but it's funny when it does.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

She better run to a therapist and Dr Now...

It's all fabulous bouncing around on camera, until she starts loosing limbs and going blind due to diabetes, or have a stroke or heart attack... She's cutting her life short drastically.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney saw this therapist.    She appears to have validated Whitney's fear of dieting, and encouraged her to "trust her body" to guide herself to health.

Quote from that lady's page: "Eating infrequently stresses out our body. I explain to Whitney that it makes our body go into a starvation mode."

I call BS on this and there are many sources that state this is a myth. As someone who ate less than 700 calories a day for a very long time, my metabolism did not "slow down" or go into "starvation mode" (and I was diagnosed with PCOS in my 20s so, whatevs Whit). 

It takes an awful lot for the effects of "starvation" to become a true problem (the Minnesota Starvation Study is a fascinating read) . While my metabolism never suffered, my kidneys and reproductive system did from staying below 9% body fat for far too long. 

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I am not trying to be rude, but I don't know how a body with so much excess stored fat (which is energy) could even go into "starvation mode." It's not like that body NEEDS to conserve energy.

It's the only bullshit Whitney will listen to.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Nutella said:

It's the only bullshit Whitney will listen to.

Yep, it suits her excuses. 

About the jokes regarding her going to Dr. Now--I'm not sure he'd ever take her as a patient. She's argumentative, refuses to take responsibility for her situation and would probably refuse to demonstrate she can lose weight before surgery. She'd holler "STARVATION MODE" at the minimal calories Dr. Now's patients must adhere to. 

Yet, somehow, those who stick to it manage to lose weight..................

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 6
On January 5, 2017 at 6:51 AM, notyrmomma said:

I finally saw that promo too and I found it INSULTING!  If she were to be pregnant, in a relationship or not, she should rejoice because, yes, it is truly a miracle!  Crap on a cracker, she's 30+ years old, not living on the streets, time to grow-up snowflake.  Do you know how many women with PCOS would give their right arm to get pregnant...and BY ACCIDENT?  Whaaa...I can't handle a pregnancy right now...whaaaa, why me?  STFU you stupid bitch.  Seriously, this made me very angry.

My gut is that she is "crying" because she was "hoping" she was pregnant when the scare came up.. and the reality is yet again her shitty healthy will prevent her from being pregnant.

20 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Quote from that lady's page: "Eating infrequently stresses out our body. I explain to Whitney that it makes our body go into a starvation mode."

I call BS on this and there are many sources that state this is a myth. As someone who ate less than 700 calories a day for a very long time, my metabolism did not "slow down" or go into "starvation mode" (and I was diagnosed with PCOS in my 20s so, whatevs Whit). 

It takes an awful lot for the effects of "starvation" to become a true problem (the Minnesota Starvation Study is a fascinating read) . While my metabolism never suffered, my kidneys and reproductive system did from staying below 9% body fat for far too long. 

If we went into starvation mode so easily, human beings would have never made it through our evolutionary period.

The species would have died out.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

If we went into starvation mode so easily, human beings would have never made it through our evolutionary period.

The species would have died out.

"Starvation mode" is not actual starvation, but when the body becomes more efficient with calories because you are not giving it enough. That results in a slower metabolism and slower fat loss. Our ability to go into this mode has actually helped humanity survive during "feast or famine" periods. That being said, the reason Whitney clings to the concept of "starvation mode" is because she refuses to admit that eating less would make her lose weight. She's all "if I stop eating, I'll stop losing weight because STARVATION MODE," which is a big load of bullshit. You will lose weight if you eat way less, even if your body's metabolism slows down, because you have to live off your fat stores.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Ketzel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Here's a new promo.

"We are going to show them how big girls are supposed to move." Finally!

Also, the same-sex kiss looks like it never actually happens.

Edited by editorgrrl
Of course, Whitney claims she "walked into a trap" rather than admit she got schooled.
  • Love 2
On January 6, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Nutella said:

Sadly it's nothing more than appearing. If it was real she wouldn't look heavier than ever.

Well to be fair, you can work your ass of - but if you do not stop the over-eating you will not lose weight.

Even though I can identify all of the fatlogic in the world, I, myself, had to re-adjust myself since Christmas. Strarting in October, I was working out HARD. Spin class at Cycle Bar min of 3 times a week (average per my apple watch of caloric burn around 700-850 each class), and Orangetheory 2-3 times a week (average caloric burn anywhere from 600-750). 

I thought I had a good handle on portion sizes... but oh how wrong I was. I LOST maybe 2 lbs since Thanksgiving? No excuses even with my PCOS.

I went back to logging calories, meal prepping, even at a 1600 daily calorie limit (some days I have even gone minimally over). I have not even been working out (long story around Jan 1 after an intense Orangetheory class and a Spin class within 12 hours, my chest felt funny... had an EKG done and x-ray normal, urgent care thought it was a chest strain. Was called back 2 days later since the sign off on the EKG by a cardiologist pointed to a heart attack - went back in and everything was normal still. I was asked to go to my primary care/Cardiologist for a check so I have a stress echo scheduled for this week even though the consensus is that human error on the abnormal EKG happened - chart mixup or perhaps even inappropriate lead placement). 

So anyhow even with being forced to not work out and only relying on diet, I have lost 5 lbs since Jan 3rd.

TL;DR: Calories in and calories out are king. Even with aggressive working out, you can so undo that hour workout by cramming a Little Cheeseburger in your pie hole from 5 Guys.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Ketzel said:
  Hide contents

Here's a new promo. The lesbian moment and the pregnancy scare are included, but I'm putting the url in spoiler tags because the clip includes a number of short clips from other upcoming episodes.

So I admit to not being an expert, but is it just me or does that ultrasound (aka transvaginal it looks like they were doing which is with my labs and other things is how I was diagnosed with PCOS) looks more like a polycystic ovary than it looks like a fetus.

Anyone know for sure?

One is her ultrasound the other is a random early vaginal ultrasound of a confirmed pregnancy

what is this.jpg

actual pregnancy early.jpg

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

Hard to read, but the date is 8/29/16??  I don't think that secret could have been kept for this long.  Some big Moms seem to hide the pregnancy, others, (me) look huge as of week three.

Yeah, no way could Whitney have shut up about this sort of thing. I guarantee she was drinking heavily on that cruise, too.

• Love 5