Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Smad said:

Great ending for Castiel right? Perfect ending for him actually. He gets his love. Sam gets his on Earth (also perfect ending). And Dean gets...

What Dean has always wanted more than anything-for as many people as possible(and especially his loved ones)to feel happy and fulfilled and safe from monsters.

That's what I've always seen Dean as desiring more than anything else in his life. MMV, of course.

• Love 2

Over on cw_spn twitter, they just uploaded a video of Misha saying the scene in 5x18 was his final ever scene of shooting on the show. 

If this is a con job to hide his presence, they are going pretty far with it. If not, they just blatantly nixed any further speculation. I mean, he could be in with stock footage or a flashback shoot but why?  

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Over on cw_spn twitter, they just uploaded a video of Misha saying the scene in 5x18 was his final ever scene of shooting on the show. 

If this is a con job to hide his presence, they are going pretty far with it. If not, they just blatantly nixed any further speculation. I mean, he could be in with stock footage or a flashback shoot but why?  

It certainly does sound like he's done. But if Lucifer is resurrected from the Empty, then it just doesn't make sense that Cas isn't too. It doesn't make sense that there isn't some kind of Empty prison break, what with it being "loud".

How much was really changed due to COVID? They keep saying not much, but I'm not so certain.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Because they didn't want to pay/bother with him quarantining for 2 weeks just to film a scene or two in the last two eps?  (I don't remember if he was quarantining with the crew, but I don't think so?)  

I have a horrible vision of Cas superimposed over the sky (like the old Gunga Din movie, for those of you who might possibly remember), giving his final farewell/blessing (or maybe smiling to greet Dean as he winds up...wherever) which can be done with stock footage.  Even the two of them walking off together hand-in-hand--from the back, so no need for Misha to be there.

1 minute ago, PAForrest said:

It certainly does sound like he's done. But if Lucifer is resurrected from the Empty, then it just doesn't make sense that Cas isn't too. It doesn't make sense that there isn't some kind of Empty prison break, what with it being "loud".

How much was really changed due to COVID? They keep saying not much, but I'm not so certain.

They did shoot one day of ep 19 pre-shutdown so Cas could have been in it like that if he never quaranteened and went back.

If this is all just trolling, it gets too far IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I guess it could be that the great escape from The Empty happened before it came and got Cas and Billie.

• Useful 1

The thrill is gone for me (thanks Dabb!) so speculating isn’t much fun anymore. I just wish they’d not be so insular when talking about the end is nigh. There’s seven billion of us. They never mourn for us.

Anyway, if Jensen wasn’t keen on the proposed end of the Supernatural  story, then Dean wouldn’t be either. No one knows Dean like Jensen. They’d better not give him some mushy goodbye. Dean goes out fighting.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

They did shoot one day of ep 19 pre-shutdown so Cas could have been in it like that if he never quaranteened and went back.

This is a good point - that way he could get away with 'not lying' about coming back to shoot post-Covid, but still be in the episode. Totally agree about the trolling, but since his last resurrection from 'death' was spoiled pretty much as it happened (dying in the S12 finale and his return being spoiled at JIB days later), they are trying for secrecy this time? But honestly, it would so cheapen his sacrifice that I would be royally pissed about it, if I cared at all about the character (which at this point, I don't).

• Love 1
Just now, Bobcatkitten said:

And he shot a scene with Uriel way before covid that we still haven't seen so if they were thinking that far ahead I guess that would not be a lie. 

I think that has been nixed by the actor who played Uriel. Unless that is also part of the hoax. Again, way overboard if that is the case. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I never saw it nixed. Just remember Misha posting a pic and saying it was the last time Cas and Uriel were together. 

I read that Robert Wisdom explained on his twitter he was just visiting the set. Sebastian Roche did the same this Season which is why there were pictures of "balthazar" on set, just not in the show. But I can`t find the tweet now.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

For me, I see Dean as a force of nature. He has saved the world the most out of all TFW, consistently rejected anyone's attempts to control or change him, and has influenced/stumped many powerful characters on a fundamental level. Tucking him away in heaven where he can no longer affect the real world, where he's basically caged and helpless for all of eternity surrounded only by memories, just doesn't sit well with me.

At this point, given the sheer scale of the impact he's had on the SPN universe and what he represents within it, he's way overdue some sort of permanent cosmic ascension, IMO. With both Cas' and Death's speeches last episode (and Amara possibly still in play within Chuck), it really brought that back into focus for me. 

Yahtzee.  I mean how awful for Dean, he'd actually be miserable in Heaven, living some sort of Memorex life for eternity.  He's too much of a force of nature, like you say.  If anyone has earned cosmic ascension of some sort it's Dean.

I always like that old fanfic, where Dean and Sam eventually became something like Gods of the Hunt, so to speak.  They were just always out there, like legends that never die.  And it's perfect esp for Dean because that's his thing, he always wants to protect people. To me something like that would be a perfect ending and equal too, so I doubt any fans of either brother would be particularly upset about it.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I read that Robert Wisdom explained on his twitter he was just visiting the set. Sebastian Roche did the same this Season which is why there were pictures of "balthazar" on set, just not in the show. But I can`t find the tweet now.

F'in Misha. Always with the coded wording. 

Hhmmm. You guys now have me doubting an ending I thought I would like lol. If Dean is alive though I could never see him just hanging it up. That is way worse to me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

If Dean is alive though I could never see him just hanging it up. That is way worse to me. 

He would have to hang it up if the world is free of the supernatural. If demons are stuck in hell, angels in heaven and the monsters in purgetory with no way out...then he has to hang it up. That's what I always wanted for Dean, to experience and live life a little because he never got to. Of course his baggage that holds him back needs to be gone (aka Cas and Sam) for that to happen but hey, never say never.

And if not that then some kind of ascension to 'God-hood' in order to pay off his relationships with all these cosmic forces.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

But it sounds exactly like what Dabb would do. Now the only thing that was cut were some guest stars in a montage. We know that already.

Of course they couldn't make the heroics equal that one time. Guess that's where the Amara possession comes in.

Btw, how would the Finale work then? Where does the final scene on the bridge take place? The fight scene with both of them? That pie-eating scene? All in Dean's heaven? Is he supposed to be dying the entire episode?

The concept of Dean in heaven itself, well,.if he died, where else would he go at this point? So that in and of itself was expected.

I can't believe we don't know more about the final 2 eps. I feel like we knew most of what 18 was about and Cas dying for months!

4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Cagey words again? this scene in 15x18 was his final ever scene of shooting on the show.  He didn't say it was his final scene on the show period.  They might not have seen any point in bringing him back later just to film one scene, when they could do it while he was there filming 15x18

I'm not saying that this is the case, just that the way it's worded doesn't automatically mean, to me, that it's the last time we'll see him.  (Not that I wouldn't be perfectly fine if it we didn't see Cas again.  I liked the praise he finally gave Dean but it doesn't make up for treating Dean so badly of late.)

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

I always like that old fanfic, where Dean and Sam eventually became something like Gods of the Hunt, so to speak. 

Are you thinking of "Dust In The Wind" by Lyra_Wing?  Love that story!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, S Cook Productions said:

I can't believe we don't know more about the final 2 eps. I feel like we knew most of what 18 was about and Cas dying for months!

Amara would possess Dean. I guess he must be dead if she couldn't.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I could see the big bang waking a lot of people up so the Empty has to eject them... like it did Cas 

7 hours ago, Smad said:

That's going to be a mess considering that all the other universes are erased. Where do the AU angels and demons go then? Go to prime-verse heaven/hell? Go poof?

That's the reason I want him to live as a person on Earth. Because he's been forced to give and give his ENTIRE life, now it's time for him to live for himself and actually live life. I want him to be able to find some peace in actual life because he's never had that. 'Forced' peace of heaven is not the same to me. I want him to be able to do things he might have wanted to try in life but because of the burden his family put him, it's been impossible. I guess he could try that in heaven if heaven gets an overhaul but it's not the same really.

Great ending for Castiel right? Perfect ending for him actually. He gets his love. Sam gets his on Earth (also perfect ending). And Dean gets...

Killed Hitler.

16 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

No, he didn't. The way he was cagey and worded it like "if they end in the same place or the same way remains to be seen" is almost a giveaway for different endings. This article just puts a spin on it but his actual words look different.

Ending it together and ending up together are not the same thing.

So basically Sam is Tony with Cap's ending. Dean is... Natasha? 

My interpretation of what Dabb said made me think they were definitely separated and one was probably dead. 

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Maybe Dean will have to stay in Heaven and Sam will have to stay on Earth to maintain the balance that would keep the reset intact.

And this would absolutely work for me and in addition, it completely sets Dean up as the Christ figure in all of this-even Castiel's speech in last week's episode fits.

The only reason I don't see it happening is because I cannot ever see this bunch writing such an awesome ending for Dean.

Sam? Absolutely. Not Dean,  though.

So maybe it's a foiler with the main characters' names switched out for the most part.

If it meant saving the world, Dean would do it and make the best of it AND he would know that Sam was alive and living the life he'd always wanted and dreamed of.

Jensen might not have liked that the brothers were separated or that his character took on the Christ role, but I want this ending now. 😉

They are not great writers but they are consistent in some things. That speech was about more than Destiel, especially when Chuck previously notes that Dean and Amara's bond wasn't his story. That means it's Dean and that bond. Amara learning about love through Dean saved the world in 11. Now Cas gives that speech putting it into text.

IDK...

Maybe they attack even though it is hopeless Maybe Chuck is pummeling Dean and Amara inside him stops it via SS and this gives Sam the opening. I could see this happening.

Isn't the season finale on Thursday. They have to regroup and come up with a plan to kill God and kill him in one episode. Just great.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Useful 1

I haven’t been watching, just watching the threads and catching snippets on YouTube. I’m not sure I will ever watch at this point. I can’t bear the thought of the brothers being separated. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Binns said:

I haven’t been watching, just watching the threads and catching snippets on YouTube. I’m not sure I will ever watch at this point. I can’t bear the thought of the brothers being separated. 

Maybe they can set Dean up with a Memorex version of Sam who listens to what he says, doesn't make snide comments or stalk off angrily when things don't go his way.  (He can still argue with Dean over what music to play and where/what to eat and give his input on how to do their hunts, so Dean won't necessarily realize he's not the real thing.)  

• Love 1
On 11/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, ILoveReading said:

image.png.0589d1f5c3dd2759bd06dea12ccfe7f3.pngThT

Take this with a grain of salt, of course.  

This is truly, truly terrible. And as a result, sounds like something Dabb would do. The only problem with its validity is the lack of Jack. We know Dabb adores him, he's not going to leave him our like this. 

I honestly just want Dean to live and go off with Amara to explore the universe. It probably won't happen lol. But this is just BLECH. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Bah.

I don't for a minute believe that it will be his/Cas last appearance on the show.

As you said, they could easily throw some stock footage of him in there in the last episode or, again, as you said, they could have shot something previous to the shooting of that scene.

The tricksy wording is key here and not unusual for him.

He really should go into politics now, if you ask me.

ETA: As to why, hopefully it will just be to show that Dean and Sam saved him from the Empty; like maybe he'll be shown with The Nougatbaby.

Less hopefully-these asshats could also show him just waiting for Dean in Heaven thus cementing the turn to Soapernatural and giving the hellers a little more of what they clamor for, even while they continue to slander Jensen's name and try to ruin his good reputation.

And fuck 'em if they pull that shit.

Edited by Myrelle
Additions
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Maybe they can set Dean up with a Memorex version of Sam who listens to what he says, doesn't make snide comments or stalk off angrily when things don't go his way.  (He can still argue with Dean over what music to play and where/what to eat and give his input on how to do their hunts, so Dean won't necessarily realize he's not the real thing.)  

At the end of the day I’m a Dean girl and I don’t think he’ll be happy without Sam. Unhealthy maybe, but that’s who he is. 

• Love 2

In this video/story, Misha talks about a scary flight home after his last day filming on Supernatural. It really doesn't sound like he was there for the 1 day of shooting 15x19. So unless he is really walking the line with careful wording here... it implies that shooting the scene with Dean happened on his final shooting day.

In last Thursday's episode of Supernatural, the Lord's Angel Castiel (Misha Collins) met his final fate after an emotional declaration of love for Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles). That final shooting day became one of the most intense days of Collins' life, made even more so because he almost died in real life the same night.

"That night of shooting was really, really emotional," he says in this just-posted clip. "It was my last day of shooting on Supernatural. It was also right before production got shut down because of COVID, and we had a convention that night where we had to jump on a plane to get to Las Vegas.... So, we had a late night of shooting, and we all said goodbye to Castiel, I said goodbye to the crew, and it was a lot. It was a lot. The scene was very emotional and people were crying on set... but there were also tears on set because everybody was saying goodbye."

Of course that all goes out the window if he did film something on that one day. It is hard to imagine they would leave Castiel in The Empty forever, but it's also hard to believe they'd have Jack or whoever wake him up/send him back to heaven and not show the actor on screen. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Any ideas what this tweet from Jake Abel means? I know he's in the episode, but, inheritance? With the Earth and (presumably) the sky/clouds?

Knee jerk reaction makes me think that Michael takes over as god/Chuck/whatever. It would make the most sense if Chuckles is taken off the board. Who knows, he probably shares the role with Luci. I'm just never not going to resent the character for reasons.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Knee jerk reaction makes me think that Michael takes over as god/Chuck/whatever. It would make the most sense if Chuckles is taken off the board. Who knows, he probably shares the role with Luci. I'm just never not going to resent the character for reasons.

I will throw something if they do the same crap as in 5.22 where Michael/Adam swoops into Dean's role. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I will throw something if they do the same crap as in 5.22 where Michael/Adam swoops into Dean's role. 

You and me both.

Not looking forward to this character or Lucifer coming back At. All.

It just feels like they are going to cut Dean out of everything again. 

Hopefully it's just paranoia, but the feeling won't go away likely because of the history of this entire writing team. 😟

• Love 3

One thing that I wonder now is if the "possessed by Amara" was maybe Jared rattling off all character scenarios. Like, someone will be dead, someone will be alive, someone will be new Chuck, someone will be new Amara. And the brothers will actually remain human.

Thing is, Jack already either is new Death or has Amara powers while Amara herself is still in Chuck. And they telegraphed his still super-important role.

If anything, humans should imherit the Earth at this point, not cosmic beings. Michael could have heaven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

One thing that I wonder now is if the "possessed by Amara" was maybe Jared rattling off all character scenarios. Like, someone will be dead, someone will be alive, someone will be new Chuck, someone will be new Amara. And the brothers will actually remain human.

Thing is, Jack already either is new Death or has Amara powers while Amara herself is still in Chuck. And they telegraphed his still super-important role.

If anything, humans should imherit the Earth at this point, not cosmic beings. Michael could have heaven.

ITA.

None of the cosmic beings should be entrusted with the Earth.

They all suck at caregiving.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If Jensen is accurate and 19 is the 'season finale' then they have an awful lot to wrap up in 42 minutes.

While undoubtedly the "climactic" fight against Chuck will be dealt with in ep 19, this makes it sound like something carries over into episode 20. 

As per Dabb:  "So, better for us to treat it almost like a two-parter, where a lot of the myth stuff, not all of it, but a lot it gets dealt with in episode 19 and then 20 can focus more on the characters and their journeys."

So what "myth" stuff would be left over for episode 20? 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

While undoubtedly the "climactic" fight against Chuck will be dealt with in ep 19, this makes it sound like something carries over into episode 20. 

As per Dabb:  "So, better for us to treat it almost like a two-parter, where a lot of the myth stuff, not all of it, but a lot it gets dealt with in episode 19 and then 20 can focus more on the characters and their journeys."

For me, the over-arching mytharc of the show is light v dark, with free will at its core. I keep going back to Kripke's words (via Jensen) that it 'had to end this way' (or words to that effect). Which sets up a Dean v Sam scenario - though not necessarily in a battle, but with each of them taking on their roles. I just can't see Badd allowing that much of a brothers ending, especially not for Dean.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Shouldn't he have been focusing on the characters (I'm guessing he meant the two main characters) the entire season? 

• Love 6

Michael should inherit Heaven. Lucifer should get Hell. Just like it used to be except Rowena is Queen of Hell and I don't see the writers taking that away from her. Which leaves Michael and Lucifer as new God and Darkness, except I rather have Amara than Lucifer because Lucifer having that much cosmic power is a recipe for disaster. But I'm sure they would drop a line or two about Lucifer being a changed 'man' and totally trustworthy now.

Can't they just put both light and dark into Amara and have her keep the balance for crying out loud? Michael can have his inheritance back ,aka Heaven. Lucifer and Rowena can play games in Hell. Jack is the new Death or whatever (don't care). And the humans inherit the Earth.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I'd bet it's what we've been discussing most recently-one of the brothers is dead, but doesn't know it and the other one has to help him understand that he has to move on from earth to Heaven or another plane of existence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

For me, the over-arching mytharc of the show is light v dark, with free will at its core. I keep going back to Kripke's words (via Jensen) that it 'had to end this way' (or words to that effect). Which sets up a Dean v Sam scenario - though not necessarily in a battle, but with each of them taking on their roles. I just can't see Badd allowing that much of a brothers ending, especially not for Dean.

If they go back to their original roles... Sam is with a girl and Dean is hunting alone.

18 hours ago, PAForrest said:

More like he restores heaven methinks but  his way not to some Chuck plan.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Chuck is probably the one possessed by Amara or maybe the better take is she just becomes the one in charge. Perhaps she leaves so they take out Chuck. If so then Nougat seems the more likely than Sam .. if not Dean.

But I think they set her up to be the Goddess.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

More like he restores heaven methinks but  his way not to some Chuck plan.

That's what I'm thinking too, because right now Heaven is not really a wonderful peaceful place. That's where the Occultum/Garden should come into play. If I was writing Michael taking over, I'd have him restructure Heaven to the Garden with open borders, every soul can interact with all their friends and loved ones. Otherwise, there's really no "peace when you are done."

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So...

Nothing on tonight's episode?

Nothing at all?

I haven't seen a thing.

Has anyone else?

This feels so ominous.  

Dabb's tweet was the info (ISBN number etc) for a book called...drumroll... "God (a biography)".

I think most people have checked out already so there isn't much.

Oh, imdb has added Pellegrino as Lucifer to the cast for ep 19. I mean, we have long known that so I don`t know why they waited that long.

Also Jody is listed. Either they find a couple humans left or it`s a "return" at the end. Which would be kinda weird since Donna was the one who visibly disappeared.

It would be funny to find out that Chuck(mara) did indeed create a new world where they put everyone who appeared to disappear. 

I also predict the dog to be God so Dean can be made to look stupid one more time and perhaps not know what an anagram is.

Edited by Aeryn13
43 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

...and perhaps not know what an anagram is

DanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulpsDanaShulps

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Well Cas died in 18 like everyone knew--since they made it so obvious beforehand.  My final Supernatural prediction--Cas's story doesn't end completely in episode 18 in the super hell of the Empty.  I think he'll PROBABLY(probably) stay dead BUT we'll see he gets a better death than eternal torment of sleep in the Empty.  

Does that mean we see Cas again?  Maybe but maybe not...I hear an interesting theory that we may hear Cas's final complete fate thru dialogue instead of seeing Misha.   Why?  Maybe Covid screwed up Misha being there in person in what have might have been just a quick scene in finale--as tptb said covid changed somethings but everyone still ends up the same place regardless.  And Misha did say before Covid that he was in the final scene--maybe in a cameo?  So maybe we just hear Dean and Sam say something like "Cas!" and we just don't see it.

Again that is just spec--regardless if that true or not, I expect we'll see or hear about Cas maybe one more short time in a better resting place than the eternal torment of sleep.  I'd say a small chance he comes back to life...much bigger chance his death ends up better than it seems in 18. 

Now of course can be wrong but that's my gut instinct of where that part of the story is going.  We'll see. 

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1