Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

Knight of Cups is the ONLY movie that looks good, but that was a given before the trailer.

Marvel's latest doesn't look bad either, once one gets over the trailer being so frantic and roughly edited -.-:

Edited by Crim

Going to see Creed, it was very obvious that the trailer selection had been made with an "urban" audience in mind.  There were four trailers, three of them for movies with black casts or leads:  Barbershop 3 (also like Creed in that it's a sequel to an old movie series), Central Intelligence (which got a huge response from the audience; that one's going to be big, I think), and something called Fifty Shades of Black (which was actually a decent trailer parody, but I can't imagine it will be anything other than excruciating at feature length).

• Love 1

Redband trailer for The Nice Guys:

Man, I know Russell Crowe has a deserved reputation of being an asshole (not to mention, all those puns about his singing skills), but I just can't help it: when he's good, he's really good.  And he looks like he'll be great in this.  Plus, seeing Kim Basinger in this too reminds me of L.A. Confidential, which is probably one of my favorites.

• Love 1

Man, that looks good.

How the hell does Helen Mirren look as natural in fatigues as she does in regal get-up as Queen Elizabeth II?

The US has engaged in drone strikes that have killed civilians in places like wedding parties and hospitals and this movie turns the British into the morally conflicted  "bad" guys?

something called Fifty Shades of Black (which was actually a decent trailer parody, but I can't imagine it will be anything other than excruciating at feature length).

Yep. It's posted on the previous page, and I admit I laughed - but I also know that spoof movies use up all their laughs in the trailers.

I like Channing, but I would say that he has more "nice guy likeability" than charm or charisma. And depending on the movie he can be incredibly sexy.

Edited by JBC344

That's not exactly a foreign concept to Kellan Lutz, either. I do think Channing is much better at acting and commanding attention, though. He's most compelling when in motion, whereas Lutz really comes into his own in still pictures.

I don't even need to click play, just seeing Michele Yeoh's face featured in the cover image guarantees me buying a ticket for opening weekend.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

That's not exactly a foreign concept to Kellan Lutz, either. I do think Channing is much better at acting and commanding attention, though. He's most compelling when in motion, whereas Lutz really comes into his ow in still pictures.

I read an article a few years ago where the author was basically saying Channing Tatum and Malin Akerman were both essentially mediocre actors but were clearly trying to improve and working with good people and seemed like good people and all power to them.  I could kind of see the guy's point.  Also, Channing's willingness to look a fool (see: the Jump Street series, This is the End) is a huge mark in his favour.

I think Channing has improved by leaps and bounds thanks to that strategy. His performance in Foxcatcher was in an entirely different league from his cigar store Indian impression in that GI Joe movie a few years ago. Obviously not on the level of Ruffalo's or Carrell's, but he in no way embarrassed himself acting opposite them.

• Love 3

I think Channing has improved by leaps and bounds thanks to that strategy. His performance in Foxcatcher was in an entirely different league from his cigar store Indian impression in that GI Joe movie a few years ago. Obviously not on the level of Ruffalo's or Carrell's, but he in no way embarrassed himself acting opposite them.

In Channing's defense, G.I. Joe was a travesty from start to finish, no actor living or dead could have salvaged it.

• Love 1

Well, true. When people like Christopher Eccleston and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are crashing and burning, there's not much hope for a novice actor who'd been mainly hired for his dancing ability and his abs up to that point. (This is the script that had subs dodging big chunks of sinking ice, after all. It made The Core look like a Discovery Channel documentary!)

• Love 1

Earlier I wrote that I was embarrassed to admit how much I was looking forward to Zoolander 2. Uhh, you can add Independence Day 2 to the list. 

It looks like a mashup of two of my guiltiest pleasures. the original ID, and Armageddon (They even added William Fichtner to the cast!). And I.can't.wait.

(Will, I think you made a mistake not signing on for this. That movie is going to make a billion times more money than After Earth.)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

It looks like a mashup of two of my guiltiest pleasures. the original ID, and Armageddon (They even added William Fichtner to the cast!). And I.can't.wait.

Aw, now I have to see this!  :)

Pretty sure he's not, pretty sure Sela Ward's the president.

Then why is he making the rousing speech? (Apart from the convenience of using the established character for the audience to connect with.)

Has it made a lot of money in home DVD thanks to the gamer crowd? Last I heard it had only earned about half its production budget back at the box office, which doesn't scream "sure-fire hit as an American remake" to me.