Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

The only Coen Brother's movie I've every enjoyed was True Grit, but I may have to check out Hail, Caesar!Triple 9 has a great cast, but looks way too disturbing for me and The Experimenter looks intriguing.

Edited by Shannon L.

I'm wondering if Channing's character is supposed to be gay?

Look, just because a man has another man's crotch in his face does not mean he's gay. Sometimes situations just come up at work.

His character's playing a dancing sailor (wink, wink) in one scene is just another coincidence. Then again, given all the rumors about the US Navy alone, anything's possible, especially in a Coen Brothers picture.

Edited by DollEyes

I'm wondering if Channing's character is supposed to be gay?

That was what I immediately thought.  He is the young, up and coming, dashing, Hollywood playboy who is secretly gay.  I'm assuming the movie is trying to dramatically spoof a lot of those "old Hollywood" staples.  Or my mind just went there?  Either or, I'm in.

• Love 1

The only Coen Brother's movie I've every enjoyed was True Grit, but I may have to check out Hail, Caesar!

This. (I was ok with Blood Simple too, but that one was their first and more of a noir than a "Coen movie".) And yeah, I think I want to see Scarlett Johansson in this role. Or any role. I might even check out The Jungle Book because her as Kaa sounds good (no pun intended :D )

No love for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? I thought the book was hilarious and I wish this was out by Halloween.

All I see is "Directed by the guy who did 17 Again, Charlie St. Cloud, and some TV show episodes. Written by the same guy, who wrote How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." and I can't muster any interest whatsoever. I'll wait for reviews.

Edited by Crim

No love for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? I thought the book was hilarious and I wish this was out by Halloween.

All I see is "Directed by the guy who did 17 Again, Charlie St. Cloud, and some TV show episodes. Written by the same guy, who wrote How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." and I can't muster any interest whatsoever. I'll wait for reviews.

I read Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and, although I would not have categorized myself as an Austen fanatic (or even a real fan) I was totally put off by the bastardization of all the characters we know and love.  I was just super put off by the whole thing.  (Also, the central conceit that women would be trained ninja killers and still wear corsets and put up with all that Regency bullshit just doesn't quite hang together.)  And 17 Again is amazing but nothing else there is too encouraging.

• Love 1

So did Joy invent a mop or did she run the local mob?

A gutsy woman who is as successful as she is, I can see the two colliding.  Not that she ran the mob, but having to deal with organized crime as she climbed the ranks isn't that unheard of depending on the area.

So did Joy invent a mop or did she run the local mob?

Also, shouldn't the bulk of this movie be taking place in the 1980's and 1990's? Why does everything look like it's 1978?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really excited for the zombies.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Oh Bob...

After the last Meet the Parents movie I'm not really surprised by DeNiro but I wish Aubrey Plaza after Parks and Recreation ended would do better movies.

I think doing a movie with and having a sex scene with Robert DeNiro is pretty great for any actor, even if its a silly comedy. 

I really don't want to see By the Sea. Both the trailers have really missed the mark on making me even remotely interested.

Same here-and I like both Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.  But, there is still no clue about what the movie is about and right now, I don't even care to look it up.  I'll never understand why some companies choose to market their films in such a way--there have been so many that have been so good, but bombed at the box office and I think a lot of times bad marketing was the reason.

• Love 3

Really liking the new Alice trailer.  The first movie was a little bit of a mess, but maybe they learned from their mistake.

Well, Tim Burton is no longer directing it, so there is that. But... have you seen who does? Anyway, I will definitely pass on this. With extreme prejudice.

The By the Sea trailer gives nothing away, which isn't a bad thing, but does show the movie is beautiful. I'm interested.

• Love 1

All I could think about during the Warcraft trailer was that I would probably like the movie ten times better if Travis Fimmel just basically played Ragnar from Vikings throughout the entire thing.  OK, fine: what I really wanted was the film to be just the entire cast of Vikings fighting orcs...

• Love 2