Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't know about anyone else but I am looking forward to July when The Purge: Election Year comes out.  THE Independance Day sequal.  You know that sequal you never knew you always want.  Come on July hurry up!!!!

Edited by Chaos Theory
Oh boy embarrassing autocorrect alert

Watching the trailer for 31 I realized I would want to see a movie like that if (and only if) it ended up being a situation like You're Next, where one of the intended victims is vastly better at killing than any of the attackers and turns the tables on them. Like maybe they've targeted an actual supernatural creature, or someone like Jon Cusack's Grosse Pointe Blank character.

On 6/14/2016 at 1:01 PM, Rick Kitchen said:

Rob Zombie is Rob Zombie.  :D

This might need to go into the UO thread, but I have a strange affection for Rob Zombie's forays into movie-making. And holy shit, Meg Foster's in it.

On 6/18/2016 at 8:22 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Watching the trailer for 31 I realized I would want to see a movie like that if (and only if) it ended up being a situation like You're Next, where one of the intended victims is vastly better at killing than any of the attackers and turns the tables on them. Like maybe they've targeted an actual supernatural creature, or someone like Jon Cusack's Grosse Pointe Blank character.

You should find and watch No One Lives with Luke Evans.

On 6/22/2016 at 8:48 PM, King of Birds said:

Another Tom Munchkin Cruise as Jack Reacher movie? I avoided the first, this will be an easy miss as well.  Paramount = Pathetic

Yes, this is a definitely a "Who asked for this?" type of sequel.

On 6/24/2016 at 0:46 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Thanks for the recommendation, but Fast & Furious 6 is the one Luke Evans movie from his revolving closet door period that I give a pass to.

The Evans Effect: I was actively rooting for him in this film. 

If Capt. Sullenberger endorses Sully's presentation of his "untold story," I will be all over that movie.  I have a longstanding (and admittedly weird) devotion to plane crash documentaries, but I'll watch the occasional dramatization, too.

I was wondering what direction Clint would take to pad out the Miracle on the Hudson to a feature-length film. So, they're recounting the aftermath rather than focusing on Sully's life before. I know it's a true story and happened first, but the Sully trailer comes off a bit like someone saw Flight and liked it yet found it too grim and debauched, so here's a nice version where everyone survives and the pilot was a salt-of-the-earth, clean-cut guy. 

• Love 2
On 6/30/2016 at 1:03 AM, Dejana said:

I was wondering what direction Clint would take to pad out the Miracle on the Hudson to a feature-length film. So, they're recounting the aftermath rather than focusing on Sully's life before. I know it's a true story and happened first, but the Sully trailer comes off a bit like someone saw Flight and liked it yet found it too grim and debauched, so here's a nice version where everyone survives and the pilot was a salt-of-the-earth, clean-cut guy. 

And has to fight back against the Evil Powers That Be that want to scapegoat him.

It's kind of nice to see Tom Hanks in front of the camera again. He's made the transition from the perpetually 35-ish leading man he was back in the 90's into seasoned older actor quite nicely.

• Love 1

I saw the commercial for Pete's Dragon on tv tonight. Who decided to make Elliott scary? I don't know why Disney wants to ruin all my favorite childhood movies. First the Muppet Movie now this.

On July 2, 2016 at 9:21 PM, kathyk24 said:

I saw the commercial for Pete's Dragon on tv tonight. Who decided to make Elliott scary? 

No idea. I didn't even like the original movie, but I still prefer the cartoon dragon.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:03 PM, Dejana said:

"Cocaine montages are overrated." - Clint Eastwood [citation needed]

• Love 2

That's interesting. A Chinese production company (H Brothers) investing in an American coming of age movie that presumably won't do any box office in China.

(edited)
On 7/18/2016 at 11:17 PM, xaxat said:

That's interesting. A Chinese production company (H Brothers) investing in an American coming of age movie that presumably won't do any box office in China.

They're also behind Bad Moms.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2016 at 10:10 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I really thought Haley Bennett was Jennifer Lawrence with about 10 pounds lost and red hair added.

Haley Bennett had a minor role in The Equalizer as well, and I initially mistook her for JL then too.

On 7/6/2016 at 11:23 PM, Just Here said:

Tulip is no longer coming soon to a theater near you: The Alicia Viklander film was to premiere this month, on July 15th, but has been pushed back to February 24th, 2017 (THR).

Saw a preview screening of Tulip Fever (when it was originally supposed to be part of this past fall's awards season)- it's truly terrible. Not surprised at all that it's been pushed back. Horrible waste of a good cast with a strange not-serious yet not-funny tone and awful script. Maybe they can salvage it with more time, but I haven't disliked a movie with so many good actors that much in ages. 

On July 29, 2016 at 10:48 PM, SallyAlbright said:

Saw a preview screening of Tulip Fever (when it was originally supposed to be part of this past fall's awards season)- it's truly terrible. Not surprised at all that it's been pushed back. Horrible waste of a good cast with a strange not-serious yet not-funny tone and awful script. Maybe they can salvage it with more time, but I haven't disliked a movie with so many good actors that much in ages. 

Was the book the same way? If so, that could explain a lot.