Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

As Eric Levitz put it, "have you ever wondered what the world looks like to a Fox News addict on five tabs of acid?"

Hell, I might drop acid and see that. 

It looks hilarious!

(Dinesh, if Hilary really wanted you out of the way, she wouldn't have put you in jail. She would have had you shot. Just like she did with Vince Foster.)

• Love 1

The "dramatic" music they used in the background sounded like the same music that comedies that make fun of dramas (or want you to think that they are dramas until the first joke) use.  The acting and writing was bad enough that, combined with the music, it had me waiting for the first silly scene. 

What the hell is this??????  Can someone explain to me what I just watched. 

I'm in the strange position of literally not wanting to waste the 2 or 3 minutes of my life to actually watch that video (and also not wanting to give it views) but I'm very curious about what it is and where it came from.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dinesh D'Souza, the person responsible for that movie, is a conservative author who has become increasingly unhinged from reality. A couple of years ago he pled guilty to breaking campaign finance law and somehow it is all a Democratic conspiracy to silence him. And the fact that the nineteenth century Democratic party was involved with the Klan somehow means that the twenty first century Democratic party wants to enslave black people again. . . . or something.

(It's also possible that he's not actually a conspiracy nutter, but knows that there is money to be made catering to conspiracy nutters.)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 4

I saw this trailer before "Deadpool" today.  It's a first person shooter movie.

I've been seeing this on tv and it occurred to me today that the first-person idea was okay when Prodigy used it for "Smack My Bitch Up" almost 20 years ago, but a full-length movie?  I can't imagine sitting through it without getting either motion sickness or one hell of a headache.

• Love 1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  That looks stupidly brilliant or brilliantly stupid.  Either way.

If the person who appears to be dead is actually dead I'm gonna be upset.

Edited by dusang

The trailer for Popstar makes me want to watch Spinal Tap again.

Has Judd Apatow ever made a movie featuring a man who behaves like an adult?

Edited by xaxat
Has Judd Apatow ever made a movie featuring a man who behaves like an adult?

I don't think this is going to be like one of his earlier movies where he learns he has to become an adult by the end, which is great because a sendup of a Justin Bieber-type pop star is funnier without it!

Florence Foster Jenkins was a really, really bad singer, but she never performed at large arenas, so only her friends ever wrote reviews of her work, so she got rather favorable reviews.  Unfortunately, her last performance was at Carnegie Hall, so music critics attended.  And their reviews were not kind.

I hope they don't show the aftermath of the Carnegie Hall performance, because she died two days later.

Here's a snippet of her singing:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Florence_Foster_Jenkins_H%C3%B6lle_Rache.ogg

I appreciate that his nemesis is Martin Sheen for some reason.

The Lonely Island gang are ace music parodists.  I don't know how that will translate to a narrative feature, but I guess we'll see.

• Love 1

I appreciate that his nemesis is Martin Sheen for some reason.

The Lonely Island gang are ace music parodists.  I don't know how that will translate to a narrative feature, but I guess we'll see.

I'm super interested that Usher provides a talking head, considering he signed The Biebs and shaped his early sound and image.  The Lonely Island are not known for being cruel in their mockery at any time but they must have a lot of love for their subject matter if Usher is willing to be involved.

Edited by dusang

That Sausage Party trailer... The

can of soup trying to stuff its noodles back inside

(I'm unsure what the spoiler policy on trailers is) killed me. This is the first I've heard of this movie, but I need to see it.

• Love 2

Bridesmaids?  Fun With Dick and Jane?  His next one is about the making of The Room.  That should be ... interesting.

Well, Tommy Wiseau doesn't behave like an actual human being, so I wouldn't expect to see a responsible adult in this.

I'm super interested that Usher provides a talking head, considering he signed The Biebs and shaped his early sound and image.  The Lonely Island are not known for being cruel in their mockery at any time but they must have a lot of love for their subject matter if Usher is willing to be involved.

This is Spinal Tap was made by people who liked Rock and Roll but weren't afraid to poke some fun at it at the same time. They weren't like Steve Allen back in the 50s who's derision comes through when  making fun of the genre.

Wow, a movie pitting super heroes against super heroes. 

What a novel concept.

It's like busses. Wait around forever for one, then three come at once.

• Love 6

I have no idea what it was, but I saw a glimpse of Peter Dinklage in yet another trailer that looks like total crap. Does he need to fire his agent or what?

Probably the new Melissa McCarthy movie, The Boss. But he also has another terrible movie in the works, O' Lucky Day. Check out the synopsis:

A man attempts to pass himself off as a real leprechaun.

You know, I'm sure I remember reading that he didn't want to do standard little person roles. Maybe it's better than it sounds.

• Love 1

Who wants to bet that parents will take their kids to see Sausage Party?

Oh, they will.  I worked in a theatre when South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut came out and had an angry parent storm out after 5 or 10 minutes saying "how was [she] supposed to know" it wasn't kid-friendly.  The obvious answers being, in no particular order:

1) By looking at the R rating

2) By understanding the innuendo of "Bigger, Longer, Uncut"

3) By noticing this show only airs at MIDNIGHT on the comedy network

4) By knowing absolutely anything about the movie you're taking your children to

5) By being a remotely decent parent.

• Love 9