Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

Just now, CaliforniaLove said:

Happy Mother's Day to all you ACTUAL mothers!! I hope it was a nice day for all.

Super stoked about @MyPeopleAreNordic! Come back to us soon B!!

Lastly, I attempted my first weed cheesecake & just tried my first slice. Holy shitballs! If I seem stoned tomorrow, it's because I am. 

Do tell how you included it? Butter? oil? 

• Love 4
(edited)

A friend of mine brought me some weed ice cream earlier today.  I just turned out all of the lights downstairs and am hanging out upstairs with my critters in my room with a big bowl of it.  She made it with some kind of oil. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Story time: I was totally into sewing in college. I decided I would make a crazy quilt out of the remains of my favorite outfits I sewed. I made the top (queen size...2nd mistake after deciding to make a crazy quilt instead of an actual patterned quilt). I bought a quilt frame. I bought the backing. I bought batting. And I lost everything through the last 25 years except for the top. 

Because quilts are fucking hard. And I'm in awe of their beauty. So much skill!

My mom quilts and she always sends the top and bottom out to be quilted. It's really hard without all of the right equipment. No shame there!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Happy Mother's Day to all you ACTUAL mothers!! I hope it was a nice day for all.

Super stoked about @MyPeopleAreNordic! Come back to us soon B!!

Lastly, I attempted my first weed cheesecake & just tried my first slice. Holy shitballs! If I seem stoned tomorrow, it's because I am. 

Yeahhhhh. So I just took a screen shot because this has my favs in one! 

• Love 6

In Oakland they have this big supermarket called Mi Pueblo. Full service deli and cheese counter. They make an avocado dip that's pretty good, not guacamole, but good. You can also buy different kinds of sour cream IN THE DELI. It's amazing. 

Hubs makes the guacamole. He puts corn in it. When I first tried it, I was skeptical, but it has grown on me. It's a very pleasant burst of sweetness. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Hubs makes the guacamole. He puts corn in it. When I first tried it, I was skeptical, but it has grown on me. It's a very pleasant burst of sweetness. 

My mother does the same thing with gazpacho (add fresh corn) - it's actually really good in that, too!  Maybe I'll try putting a fresh corn salsa and some guac, or sliced avocado, on the same plate and dip into both, rather than actually mixing the two together . . . 

Edited by akr
clarification
  • Love 2

I had to google that. Was it good? I definitely craved my memories of 80s era taco bell when I was pregnant. And then I would get taco bell and it wasn't that. 

I also heart my memories of 1980s nacho cheese doritos. 

• Love 3

I made shredded beef tacos in the crock pot tonight. So good. I was out of my taco seasoning so I had to make another batch. 

I'm in big, big trouble. I found out that Amazon sells live house plants, I thought for a long time that they only sell fake plants. I'm going to go broke now buying plants. I love plants, I have a big window in my living room and I have shelves in front of it filled with plants.  I ordered 9 plants, a huge bag of soil and a few new pots last night. I friggin love Amazon, with Prime everything comes right to my door in two days and they have everything I have plants, dog and cat treats and candy coming tomorrow.  I always hated shopping but now that I can't drive all I want to do is go shopping because I can't.  I've gotten to know the mail carrier and the Amazon delivery guy quite well since my accident. If he sees that I haven't been down to check my mail in a few days, the mail man will drive it up the hill and bring it to me.  He's a tiny, older Asian man but Damn is he strong.  He lifts my heavy packages like they're weightless. 

Speaking of weight, has anyone ever tried any of those weight gain powders?  If like to get some to add to my daily milkshakes but there are so many that I have no clue which one to get.  I'm right at 100 pounds and I want so badly to get to at least 125. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I had to google that. Was it good? I definitely craved my memories of 80s era taco bell when I was pregnant. And then I would get taco bell and it wasn't that. 

I also heart my memories of 1980s nacho cheese doritos. 

They were delicious! Many people I know miss the BB. I rarely eat at Taco Bell now.

• Love 3

When my son had a broken jaw and his mouth was wired shut, I bought protein/weight gain powder from GNC and used it in his milkshakes. He was a lanky teen and didn't want to get even lankier. He liked the chocolate one the best. 

Our house is also Amazon Prime dependant ? I joke all the time that soon you'll be able to order a spouse or child and have them on your doorstep in two days. I'm typing this on an Amazon tablet, listen to Prime music when I'm in my sewing room and will use Prime TV when I get the new flat screen mounted in my sewing room. I'm in the process of redoing the storage and shelving in there and will add a new TV as the finishing touch.

• Love 8

I suspect that since everything that got into the stomach got there through the wires, everything that would leave would (eventually) leave through the wires, and possibly through the nose as well.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I've always wondered about having ones jaw wired shut. What happens if they have to vomit while they're wired shut??

The surgeon gave me some very small wire cutters to use in case of that very emergency. The danger is aspirating the vomit. You panic because you can't open your mouth and then gasp for air. Thankfully, we never had to use them. It was a loooooong 8 weeks!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

The surgeon gave me some very small wire cutters to use in case of that very emergency. The danger is aspirating the vomit. You panic because you can't open your mouth and then gasp for air. Thankfully, we never had to use them. It was a loooooong 8 weeks!

Thanks. That's always the first thing I think of when I hear about someone having their jaw wired. I imagine that would be very panic inducing. 

• Love 3

It's common for pain meds to make some folks sick to their stomach (thankfully, my son tolerated the liquid hydrocodone well) so his doc included a set of emergency wire cutters in every discharge packet.

• Love 2
On 04/05/2018 at 2:53 PM, Booger666 said:

@mittsigirl I’m so sorry about the loss of your Tuffy.

Thanks so much Booger666:)

On 04/05/2018 at 1:25 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

@mittsigirl, I'm so sorry for the loss of your fur baby. I

@Maharincess, let us know what you do to get rid of the skunks.  Maybe it will also work on the nutrias in our area.  They aren't smelly/pesky as I'd imagine skunks are, though.  Yuck. What a pain! @lovesnark, possums always hiss at me and NEVER play dead. I guess I've never made it to the "next step" with one. LOL. I didn't know they eat ticks.  I will stop complaining about how they're always hissing at me when I encounter one since they do a public service.

I just want to thank all of you Buddies (and the lurkers who donated but don't post here) again for all of the encouragement & support since finding out I have ovarian cancer. Words are insufficient to express how grateful & humbled I am.  Thank you and thank you for the donations!  We are more than half way to the goal amount and it is such an enormous help to our family.

I'm going to have my surgery Wednesday (5/9).  I'll be on the forums between now & then, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU again.  I love ya'll like Jenelle loves her bath time bongs and like Addy loves Wal-Mart. Thank you. 

https://www.gofundme.com/kickovariancancerkatie

Love and prayers to you, Katie girl:)

• Love 4
On 11/05/2018 at 2:03 PM, Maharincess said:

I'm hoping that no news is good news.  I'm sure she isn't feeling too well at the moment.  I've never thought so much about someone I don't know before.  I truly feel like I'm waiting for news about a friend. 

I love you guys. 

That's how I feel about everyone on here too!

On 12/05/2018 at 6:55 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

I am eager for @MyPeopleAreNordic to rejoin us. Much love!

Today I am making this: https://cookiesandcups.com/peanut-butter-cup-crack-brownies/

I'm moderately skeptical of the recipe which was adapted from a better homes and gardens recipe, it seems. It looked really good but then the peanut butter/peanuts layer didn't spread. That could totally be my fault since I sort of suck at anything that requires decorating skills, up to and including making an even layer of chocolate/frosting...whatever. I'm also not sure how the rice krispy cereal will blend with the chocolate chips.

Earlier this week I made this twice.

https://www.imperfectrecipes.com/carrot-cake-sticky-buns

Highly recommend it. You have to start it the afternoon before, but it turns out lovely. And don't make it in a cake pan like they recommend. Put it in a larger pan because the overnight rise expands and the sticky part will overflow the cake pan (guess who started a small sugar based fire in their oven?)!

Thanks, I will be trying the carrot cake sticky buns very soon!

• Love 4
On 12/05/2018 at 8:48 PM, FairyDusted said:

So glad to hear news from our friend @MyPeopleAreNordic! Yea! Home! Keep sending those vibes! 

I'm stealing that brownie thing and adding hash! 

@Maharincess Shampoo VS Conditioner I buy one Shampoo and 2 conditioners. I have long hair. I go through that shit fast!

I'm totally jelly!!!!!! yummmmmm

I should have been a hippie! I use all kinds of natural conditioners on my hair, favorite one that works superbly is easy to make at home. Take 1 very ripe Avocado, mash until it is really fine, add 1 egg YOLK-not the white-and either 1/2 or 1 cup of olive or coconut oil, depending on length of hair, whip all together with beaters, apply to wet hair, cover with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes, longer is better, then wash out with a mild, organic shampoo. Your hair will be so soft and shiny, do this at least twice a month.

On 13/05/2018 at 9:57 AM, MaggieG said:

I can't remember if I mentioned this in the TM OG small talk thread or this one but I got a new job!! I've been struggling a little the last six months financially and not being happy at my job. I went on a great interview and was offered the position. I start tomorrow! The commute will be worse (an hour drive instead of my previous 30 minutes) but I am getting a substantial salary increase. I'm nervous and excited and I'm ready to make the best of this opportunity. I hope I'll still be able to keep up with the boards and everyone here, I had a lot of downtime at my old job but this new job will be a little different. I'll keep everyone updated! Happy Mother's day to everyone and @MyPeopleAreNordic hope you're doing well!

So happy for you! I wish you nothing but the very best at your new job!

• Love 6

Been so busy lately, have missed everyone here. I hope @MyPeopleAreNordic is doing great with her recovery, and is getting stronger every day:)

More sad news to report today. I swear if i did not have bad luck, then I would have no luck. Sigh... It has been 27 days since I lost my dog, Tuffy. His little brother, Buster, took his passing very hard, was never the same since. Late this afternoon, I had to take Buster to the Vet, after he threw up a ton of fluid, which followed with diarrhea,then he passed out on the floor, and did not move. So I grabbed him and put him in the kennel, and drove the 20 minutes to town, where the Vet was waiting for us. It was only 25 minutes later that my poor Buster was dead. The Vet said that due to him being so close to Tuffy since he was 6 weeks old, he just kind of gave up on life, and had a severe stroke. He said that just like humans, dogs can die from a broken heart. It all happened so quickly, and was totally unexpected, and I just can't stop crying. Poor Buster, he followed me everywhere around the house, he was such a good dog. But now I am hoping that Buster is with Tuffy, and they are once again hanging out together. Now I have only 1 dog left, a rescued Maltese mix, named Lacey. She is Buster's age, and was so abused before I got her. I am hoping and praying that she stays with me for another couple of years, but I know I must prepare for the worst, because you just never know. You guys don't need to reply to me. This is a place where I feel accepted and at home, so I come here to pour out my heart. I already know that you all care. I am just exhausted from crying so much. I guess I had better try to get to sleep, since it is past 1 a.m already. Night my PTV friends:)

• Love 14
6 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Been so busy lately, have missed everyone here. I hope @MyPeopleAreNordic is doing great with her recovery, and is getting stronger every day:)

More sad news to report today. I swear if i did not have bad luck, then I would have no luck. Sigh... It has been 27 days since I lost my dog, Tuffy. His little brother, Buster, took his passing very hard, was never the same since. Late this afternoon, I had to take Buster to the Vet, after he threw up a ton of fluid, which followed with diarrhea,then he passed out on the floor, and did not move. So I grabbed him and put him in the kennel, and drove the 20 minutes to town, where the Vet was waiting for us. It was only 25 minutes later that my poor Buster was dead. The Vet said that due to him being so close to Tuffy since he was 6 weeks old, he just kind of gave up on life, and had a severe stroke. He said that just like humans, dogs can die from a broken heart. It all happened so quickly, and was totally unexpected, and I just can't stop crying. Poor Buster, he followed me everywhere around the house, he was such a good dog. But now I am hoping that Buster is with Tuffy, and they are once again hanging out together. Now I have only 1 dog left, a rescued Maltese mix, named Lacey. She is Buster's age, and was so abused before I got her. I am hoping and praying that she stays with me for another couple of years, but I know I must prepare for the worst, because you just never know. You guys don't need to reply to me. This is a place where I feel accepted and at home, so I come here to pour out my heart. I already know that you all care. I am just exhausted from crying so much. I guess I had better try to get to sleep, since it is past 1 a.m already. Night my PTV friends:)

❤️ I’m so sorry. 

• Love 8
On 5/1/2018 at 1:43 AM, Maharincess said:

My cat snuck out last night too. I live in the boonies and there are a lot of animals out there that can hurt her. She's 6 and the only times she's been outside is to go for her vet appointments.  She has a spot deep in my closet where she sleeps if it's hot and I thought she was in the closet. Later I heard a noise on the porch, I go check and she's all freaked out on the porch.  You know how when cats get scared and their hair stands up? That's how my Trixie was when she came in. She climbed on my lap and shook for an hour. Something happened out there. The good part is that she now runs in the other direction when we open the front door. 

@FairyDusted, I only eat beef hot dogs too. The other kind tastes nasty.  But I steam my buns, I like them soft. 

Is that Trixie Motherfucker? :)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Tatum said:

Is that Trixie Motherfucker? :)

Actually, her full name is "Trixie God Dammit Stop That" . This cat will be 6 in August and still looks and acts like a little kitten. She still races up and down the stairs in the middle of the night, she'll attack my feet when I'm walking. She drives me crazy.  She's lucky she's so damn cute. 

@mittsigirl, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that pain all too well and I feel for you. 

@guilfoyleatpp, I had a Chihuahua mix that I adopted from the local shelter.  They estimated that she was 5-7 and I had her for 14 years, she was my oldest dog. She passed away last Xmas night.  I miss her, she was the best cuddle buddy, as long as I kept a hand on her, she would lie down with me anywhere for as long as I wanted. 

• Love 9
On 5/17/2018 at 3:09 AM, mittsigirl said:

On 5/17/2018 at 7:30 AM, MargeGunderson said:

Giant hugs to you, @mittsigirl. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the picture of Buster and Tuffy playing together in a big field of flowers over the rainbow bridge brings you some comfort. 

Sending you a huge ((((HUG))) I wish we could do more:(

• Love 4

Update from the @MYPEOPLEARENORDIC  go fund me page:

My surgery went well. I came home last night but have been sleeping a lot. Doctor said there were no surprises - she got it all & it hadn’t spread. I’m in some pain & exhausted but I’m so LUCKY & GRATEFUL. Thank you everyone. Love y’all!

• Love 20

@Maharincess, that fucking Chihuahua! She was *my* first dog. We were attached. If anyone ever told me that I would even find chihuahuas cute at some point in my life I would have scoffed. SCOFFED. 

But she was the most amazing dog. She was so protective during my pregnancy (hilariously), and she died next to me, on the couch, her favorite place. She had hamburger that day. If one has to go, that’s the way. 

When they are yours, they are the most amazing, sweet, and loyal dogs. #chisrule

we recently adopted a rescue border collie mix. She is an amazing, smart, awesome, special dog. I love her in a totally different (and somehow nearly equal already), way. 

• Love 5