Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LBS said:

When I used to live alone I’d put a spray bottle of Clorox bleach by my bed in case someone broke in.  Super dumb but let me sleep better.  I figured I could spray them in the eyes and run. ? 

@Scarlett45 I’m from Chicago too!  I live in the South Loop now but grew up in Edgewater.

Fun! I grew up in Hyde Park and now live in West Rodger’s Park. We are neighbors. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LBS said:

When I used to live alone I’d put a spray bottle of Clorox bleach by my bed in case someone broke in.  Super dumb but let me sleep better.  I figured I could spray them in the eyes and run. ? 

@LBS I like that idea! I'm going to try it.

• Love 3

Ahhhh yes sleeping issues. I have panic attacks while drifting off. It's the whole unconsciousness vulnerable thing. I even have a pair of sleeping glasses! I've tried the Pms and zzz's. benedrayl deal. The melatonin gave me  night terrors as did Valerian root. So I resort to the minimum of Xanax and a fatty. Not great advice but lets me sleep once in a while. 

• Love 8
On 4/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

I use Nature's Way gummy melatonin, 3 mg. They're chew-able and I definitely notice a difference in the time to impact than the tablets.

At first I had the "vivid dreams" effect. It has either gone away or I've started to forget them.

If I recall my Sopranos lore correctly, valarian root is related to Valium in some ancestral, extremely diluted and herbal way. I'm scared to even write that because I should just google it. It's in a lot of teas though.

I also lived by myself in the dense part of a big city and would be afraid. It does seem more safe in a population dense apartment building because if you scream, someone will definitely hear you. And the police/fire are close. My sister lived out in a more rural area and I was always more afraid at her house because it was so far away from everyone and so many windows. 

Also, I love murder stories. "I Survived," etc. I'm a big "My Favorite Murder" podcast fan. #SSDGM

When my husband and I have driven in the country or in areas where homes are far from other homes, he will say how great it would be to live out there far from people. I always respond with my fear of someone breaking into the home and there is no neighbor to hear you scream for help or anyone nearby to run to. When I watch any of the House Hunters episodes or other real estate buying shows and they show a residence that is far from people, near a lot of trees, somewhere where they are secluded, I always imagine someone would be lurking out there watching the people through their big windows and then breaking in when they get a chance.

Edited by Kazu
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Kazu said:

When my husband and I have driven in the country or in areas where homes are far from other homes, he will say how great it would be to live out there far from people. I always respond with my fear of someone breaking into the home and there is no neighbor to hear you scream for help or anyone nearby to run to. When I watch any of the House Hunters episodes or other real estate buying shows and they show a residence that is far from people, near a lot of trees, somewhere where they are secluded, I always imagine someone would be lurking out there watching the people through their big windows and then breaking in when they get a chance.

I have no real fear of being broken into but I do stop to think that if I"m out in the middle of nowhere, no one would know if I fell off a ladder in my backyard and hurt myself.  Or if I locked myself out of the house.

• Love 5

I’m in the country.  I have a small town 6 miles in either direction. Nearest large town with a hospital is 20 mins. We have a little over an acre of land.  Lots of pasture to the front and one side of us. One neighbor we love behind us.  And one beside is who live and act like David and Jenelle. So much so that we put up security cameras.  I have at least two houses I could run to. I do know everyone around me is armed, including my house.  I don’t think anyone would mess with us out here.  It just really doesn’t happen in this area. The only person I fear is my psycho mother in law and that crazy neighbor. I couldn’t live in an apartment or a city with neighbors right on top of me after the peace and quiet of the country. If I ever hit the lotto I’m moving to the PNW and buying lots of acreage so no one can move next door. Hahaha 

It will not be a swamp! Lolol

My view.... I was watching the storm clouds  :)

3FDAA981-F8EE-4609-82E0-1BB4873E38B3.jpeg

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 15
28 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I’m in the country.  I have a small town 6 miles in either direction. Nearest large town with a hospital is 20 mins. We have a little over an acre of land.  Lots of pasture to the front and one side of us. One neighbor we love behind us.  And one beside is who live and act like David and Jenelle. So much so that we put up security cameras.  I have at least two houses I could run to. I do know everyone around me is armed, including my house.  I don’t think anyone would mess with us out here.  It just really doesn’t happen in this area. The only person I fear is my psycho mother in law and that crazy neighbor. I couldn’t live in an apartment or a city with neighbors right on top of me after the peace and quiet of the country. If I ever hit the lotto I’m moving to the PNW and buying lots of acreage so no one can move next door. Hahaha 

Is that your view? Wow- it's beautiful! This is a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Is your mailbox near your house or is it far away?

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, druzy said:

Is that your view? Wow- it's beautiful! This is a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Is your mailbox near your house or is it far away?

it is a weird situation.  My driveway ends by that tree and connects to a dirt road. What you can’t see is in the pasture  across the road is an older lady’s house.  She has a mailbox at her house. She paid to have that done. (She once told me) Our house is actually situated in one town. The dirt road belong to another.   If we put our mailbox in front of our house it would be a completely different town. Our house is in one town and the dirt road belongs to another. See.  hahaha Our mailbox sits at the end of the dirt road (.5 mile) away. So for our mailbox to have the same town location as our home, it had to be put down the road a little way.  Good ol’ rural country living.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Mkay said:

it is a weird situation.  My driveway ends by that tree and connects to a dirt road. What you can’t see is in the pasture  across the road is an older lady’s house.  She has a mailbox at her house. She paid to have that done. (She once told me) Our house is actually situated in one town. The dirt road belong to another.   If we put our mailbox in front of our house it would be a completely different town. Our house is in one town and the dirt road belongs to another. See.  hahaha Our mailbox sits at the end of the dirt road (.5 mile) away. So for our mailbox to have the same town location as our home, it had to be put down the road a little way.  Good ol’ rural country living.

Thanks for answering @Mkay. I learn so much on this forum ?

• Love 7
On 4/24/2018 at 12:43 PM, Mkay said:

Oh wow, I would love to live somewhere like that...minus the Jenelle and David-type couple. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MissChris said:

Oh wow, I would love to live somewhere like that...minus the Jenelle and David-type couple. 

I guess there always has to be one of those couples in the neighborhood.  Hahaha It’s thundering here now so I have a great view of storm clouds. I do love that. 

• Love 8

@Mkay  It's a gorgeous view!  Sometimes  I want to live in the country and see nothing but nature.  But I do have a sweet view of the lake from my place so I guess it's like nature lite!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LBS said:

@Mkay  It's a gorgeous view!  Sometimes  I want to live in the country and see nothing but nature.  But I do have a sweet view of the lake from my place so I guess it's like nature lite!

That would be beautiful. 19 yrs ago I lived in Corpus Christi.  Our apartment was on the bay. I sooo miss that view. I feel like I left a little of my heart there.  Young me didn’t mind neighbors I guess.  Older me wants peace and quiet.  Hahaha 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

I guess there always has to be one of those couples in the neighborhood.  Hahaha It’s thundering here now so I have a great view of storm clouds. I do love that. 

@Mkay, you're in Texas as well right?  I'm in Dallas so our "nature" is not as serene as yours but there is nothing I love more than looking out a window at a storm, especially if there is a big tree involved.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

@Mkay, you're in Texas as well right?  I'm in Dallas so our "nature" is not as serene as yours but there is nothing I love more than looking out a window at a storm, especially if there is a big tree involved.

I am. I’m in the corner near Texarkana. I live in a little town about 20 mins from there. So I’m only about 2 hours east of you.  I have friends in Dallas so I’m there maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Or if we fly out anywhere we fly from Dallas. We should meet up some time!!  

• Love 6

I live in the country, although there are neighbors on my road. Most of the parcels are 5-10 acres. I rarely am afraid here, even when I'm here by myself when my husband is out of town. Being in the city creeps me out, though. My daughter and son in law lived in downtown Seattle for a few years and it we went to a concert or something together, I'd sometimes spend the night. I would get little or no sleep because of the ever present noise (I can sleep through cows mooing, sheep baa-ing, etc) but not constant traffic and sirens, go figure ? They lived in a nice area of the city but I hated walking to my truck at night and  generally just being there. It's the higher density of people that makes me nervous. I can walk out to the barn at midnight and chase a raccoon off if one is out there snacking on barn cat food with not one bit of fear. But, ask me to walk around the city at night and I get twitchy. I guess that makes me a dyed in the wool country dweller, huh?

And, now for a grandbaby update.  4 weeks until due date!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I'm ready, have my granny folder with the map of the hospital and which parking lots are open if baby decides the middle of the night is a good time to get here.. My name is in her chart as the recipient of the magic armband that allows me access to the labor and delivery suite. She had her weekly doc visit yesterday and everything is just as it should be. Baby is in position and just hanging out gaining weight like it's supposed to be. I'm so excited, I can barely stand it. The family shower is on Saturday and today I put the finishing touches on the diaper cake I made.

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, Mkay said:

I am. I’m in the corner near Texarkana. I live in a little town about 20 mins from there. So I’m only about 2 hours east of you.  I have friends in Dallas so I’m there maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Or if we fly out anywhere we fly from Dallas. We should meet up some time!!  

I’m in a Dallas suburb and spend a lot of time in Franklin Co.  Howdy neighbor ? 

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I’m in a Dallas suburb and spend a lot of time in Franklin Co.  Howdy neighbor ? 

? We should one day do a group meet up. I didn’t realize there were a few of us that close to each other.  There is at least one or two more, I think. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Here's the diaper cake. I made the sweater the bear is wearing a few years ago in anticipation of someday being a grandma.

IMG_2734.JPG

The sweater is so beautiful! You got skills! What a cute diaper cake. How exciting! I am so happy for you. Is this our first PTV grandbaby?  I look forward to when you report back to us that your grandchild is here. :-) Blessings.

• Love 7

I think this is our first PTV TM2 grandbaby. He/she will have so many snarktastic Aunties! And, unlike the ones we love to snark on, my daughter is 32, married to a stellar guy, has a career, owns a nice home and neither of them has ever been arrested! My dear friend and neighbor is expecting her first grandbaby in August. We talked yesterday about taking our grands on outings together. Between the two of us, we should be able to figure out the new and improved carseats, strollers and other assorted baby-centric stuff.

• Love 11

Diaper cakes are so much fun to put together and they're calorie free! I haven't made one for 12 years and the cute, printed diapers available now are adorable. It was difficult to choose which ones to buy. But, the parents to be are  going to use the natural and more biodegradable ones so that narrowed down the choices.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I think this is our first PTV TM2 grandbaby. He/she will have so many snarktastic Aunties! And, unlike the ones we love to snark on, my daughter is 32, married to a stellar guy, has a career, owns a nice home and neither of them has ever been arrested! My dear friend and neighbor is expecting her first grandbaby in August. We talked yesterday about taking our grands on outings together. Between the two of us, we should be able to figure out the new and improved carseats, strollers and other assorted baby-centric stuff.

Lots of aunties for sure! :-) I wish them all the best with life and their new baby.

I got a kick out of the comment "neither of them has ever been arrested".  Ahh we are definitely TM watchers.

• Love 9
On 4/26/2018 at 7:08 AM, Booger666 said:

@Mkay and @TexasGal - Let’s get all the NE TX PTVers together and we can meet at Sonic or Whataburger (to perpetuate the Texas stereotype ?)!

Bitches!! It has been 8 years since I had a Whataburger (I had an ex in Austin, never lived in TX). I was in South Dakota last week & was overjoyed to find they had Culver's there (it had been TEN years since I had a Culver's butterburger). I'm sort of a burger whore. 

Sorry, carry on! :-) 

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Bitches!! It has been 8 years since I had a Whataburger (I had an ex in Austin, never lived in TX). I was in South Dakota last week & was overjoyed to find they had Culver's there (it had been TEN years since I had a Culver's butterburger). I'm sort of a burger whore. 

Sorry, carry on! :-) 

Burger whores UNITE!!

I am also a hot dog whore. :-)

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Kazu said:

Burger whores UNITE!!

Indeed, this isn't the first time we've discussed burgers!! Lol!! 

I too love me some hot dogs. Seeing the hot dog eating contest on Coney Island is a bucket list thing for me....but in all honesty, I'm more of a CORN DOG whore!

• Love 7

Hot dogs are my favorite. I eat them at least twice a week. My favorite are from a local chain called Caspers. I bought so many that I just started buying the actual packs of hot dogs from them and steaming them myself at home. I have a pack in my fridge right now. 

• Love 5
On 4/27/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kazu said:

Burger whores UNITE!!

I mean, you and leah...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wish I had the cry laughing emoji on my computer.

Love you, Kazu!

(I made burgers for dinner tonight)

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I mean, you and leah...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wish I had the cry laughing emoji on my computer.

Love you, Kazu!

(I made burgers for dinner tonight)

????

Mmmm homemade burgers.? 

7 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Hot dogs are my favorite. I eat them at least twice a week. My favorite are from a local chain called Caspers. I bought so many that I just started buying the actual packs of hot dogs from them and steaming them myself at home. I have a pack in my fridge right now. 

Costco hot dogs are one of my favorites...yum! 

When we make hot dogs, we buy the weiners Costco uses. Thick and juicy.? 

Leah Messer would love those weiners.?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, christie said:

@lovesnark The sweater looks great; which pattern did you use? 

We don't have baby showers so when you said "diaper cake" I thought that it was an actual cake made to look like a diaper *facepalm*  

It's called the Ribbed Yoke Baby Sweater by S. Haner. I think it was free on Ravelry and is super easy. Diaper cakes are a blast to make and the cute diapers available really give lots of variety. If you Google diaper cake and look at images, you'll see the possibilities are endless!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

It's called the Ribbed Yoke Baby Sweater by S. Haner. I think it was free on Ravelry and is super easy. Diaper cakes are a blast to make and the cute diapers available really give lots of variety. If you Google diaper cake and look at images, you'll see the possibilities are endless!

Thank you; I found the sweater on Ravelry.

Whilst googling for diaper cake I saw that they actually sell them here as well :O  Who knew? Definitely not me. A lot of the images that I found for diaper cakes were with white diapers and either pink or blue ribbons. I found them kind of boring to be honest. I like your diaper cake because, not only does it have your personal touch, it's colourful. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kazu said:

PPP girlfriend! Munchies time.

I just texted in my order for Red Robin to my husband who took our kid out after watching a marathon. I'm sure, like Carole of RHONYC, will want a themed party;)  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I just texted in my order for Red Robin to my husband who took our kid out after watching a marathon. I'm sure, like Carole of RHONYC, will want a themed party;)  

All this food talk is making me hungry!

• Love 4

We had hot dogs (turkey dogs..blah), annie's mac and cheese, trader joe's tater tots and carrots.

#winning

Tomorrow is taco tuesday...so I have to do something taco-y. I have been wanting enchiladas, though. We always use the green sauce. Highly recommend the green sauce.

• Love 6
(edited)

Count me in as craving a hot dog now.  Especially since it finally warm* enough for the grill.  I want a hot dog grilled slightly charred/burnt with diced raw onion and mustard.  Ahh... family reunion picnic memories. 

*been a b^tch of a daughter spring here in Chicago and today was the first day in the 70s.  My husband opened up our windows while doing laundry and walked into the bedroom to both cats OUTSIDE on the narrow window ledge.  They managed to unlodge the safety bar, nudge open the small screens, and get out.  We live on the 10th floor with concrete below.  My heart is still racing and currently all windows are locked until we figure out a plan.  Cats are permanent toddlers.  

ETA: this will be our second spring/summer here hence the safety bar we added to the screens so they couldn’t get out.  Those worked all last season.  Apparently during our long winter our two wonderful jerks hatched a plan to tan outside.

Edited by LBS
  • Love 14