Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, druzy said:

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Where is everyone?

Vegas and it's hot as hell. I can't wait to escape the heat and head back to New England to visit family in a few weeks.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Vegas and it's hot as hell. I can't wait to escape the heat and head back to New England to visit family in a few weeks.

I thought it was hot in NY. I just looked and it's 107 degrees in Vegas image.png.cecfc60064bd9d353307723a4564daa7.png

• Love 6

Oooh Vegas. I work in the tradeshow industry & have worked many summer days in the not air-conditoned convention center...they only regulate temperature when the actual show is happening, not when it's being built or torn down. Same thing in Denver when it's -13 degrees. Anyway, I'm in Seal Beach, CA right now, so no complaints here! 

• Love 7
(edited)

Chicago here.  Rainy as all get out but supposed to get warmer this week!  Finally.

I am having a morning!  Was in the elevator when I remembered I have a meeting today so had to go all the way back up to change.  All my work dresses are dark and my dear husband forget to close the closet so our white cat took advantage and now I got to get a lint brush.  The el is full and some lady had her lunch bag on a free seat and got all huffy when I asked her to move it and she stepped on my toe hard when she left.  And some dude is wearing a Jack a lantern shirt  and it’s really bugging me.  Stay in season, dude!  It’s fall/winter 9 months out of the year.  Wear a summer themed shirt! #crabbypatty

Edited by LBS
  • Love 10

Washington state here and it's been perfect weather around here. Not too hot and we've been getting enough rain to keep the pastures from drying up. Last year, I was feeding hay by the end of June and I don't usually have to start feeding until the end of September. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LBS said:

Chicago here.  Rainy as all get out but supposed to get warmer this week!  Finally.

I am having a morning!  Was in the elevator when I remembered I have a meeting today so had to go all the way back up to change.  All my work dresses are dark and my dear husband forget to close the closet so our white cat took advantage and now I got to get a lint brush.  The el is full and some lady had her lunch bag on a free seat and got all huffy when I asked her to move it and she stepped on my toe hard when she left.  And some dude is wearing a Jack a lantern shirt  and it’s really bugging me.  Stay in season, dude!  It’s fall/winter 9 months out of the year.  Wear a summer themed shirt! #crabbypatty

lol! I laugh at your misfortune! J/k I’m actually laughing bc the jack o lantern shirt would irrationally annoy me too!!! And I can’t believe someone would think their stupid lunch takes priority over a person! So rude. Next time kick her in the shin! ? 

• Love 7

South Dakota here.  It pains me to admit this, but I drove by Chelsea's house last week.  I'm not a stalker.   I had the choice between the quickest route and the scenic route, and it was a nice day so I went with the scenic choice. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Washington state here and it's been perfect weather around here. Not too hot and we've been getting enough rain to keep the pastures from drying up. Last year, I was feeding hay by the end of June and I don't usually have to start feeding until the end of September. 

This is why I want to move to Washington State so bad. Born and raised Texan my whole life.  I’m tired of year long summers.  We loved Washington and are sad every time we have to leave and come back home.  

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Mkay said:

This is why I want to move to Washington State so bad. Born and raised Texan my whole life.  I’m tired of year long summers.  We loved Washington and are sad every time we have to leave and come back home.  

We can be neighbors when you finally get to move! Snarking over coffee because I'm convinced this TM shit will.....never.....end.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

We can be neighbors when you finally get to move! Snarking over coffee because I'm convinced this TM shit will.....never.....end.

Yes! If I ever get to we should definitely do that.  My husband applied for jobs at the depots up there last January and March.  He got called for two permanent civilian jobs. (He’s temp here at our depot but has been temp for 15 yrs) We looked at housing prices (we would have to sell our home here) and wow atthe price difference.  The ultimate deciding factor was my parents. I told my husband they are getting older and if I move and something happens I wouldn’t be able to get back home. Fast forward to this yr, March 7, my step mother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. On April 18 she passed away. We buried her April 24. 3 days later my Dad broke his hip. Thank goodness we made the right decision last yr. I will get up there. My daughter says when she graduates, we can move. Ha! That’s 2023. ?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I am just down the 5 freeway in Eugene, OR.  I am willing to drive!  :).  I spent my first 27 years in SoCal and I love the weather in Oregon most of the time, especially the change of seasons.  

Yes!  We love Seaside, Oregon.  If we ever get to move you all can tell me where the good and bad places are to live. I’m good with Washington or Oregon as long as they don’t get as hot as Texas.  Bleh

• Love 6

Hey guys, staying somewhat cool in Minneapolis. My parents' divorce is final this week and I'm looking for a punching bag. Kail will have to do because I just avoid all things Jenelle (for my own sanity, I can't deal with reading about her abuse of her kids), and Leah is just such a sad sack it doesn't feel right to mock her. On to the Kail thread!!!

• Love 10
On 6/19/2018 at 5:24 AM, NannyBails said:

@Bridget, moving this to small talk since my question has nothing to do with the show.    Regarding the bolded part above, why can't you be honest with the kids and/or parents about that?  I was never one to wander halls -- actually I didn't even know if we were allowed to go to the bathroom during class -- but I could see the argument about lock down being rather convincing for some students.  

I just saw I was quoted, so apologies for the tardy reply.

First and foremost, BIG hugs to my peeps who've been dealing with loss and sadness. I've got a dog and he is my world. I'm THE one with 27283834 photos of my dog to show people because I don't have kids.

@lovesnark, so thrilled to hear about your daughter's recovery and baby Ezra! He's here! Great first initial too! I hope you'll share a photo from time to time with him rocking items from your handmade legitimate children's clothing line! 

@NannyBails, Great question.

Long story short: if we "restrict" bathroom access in any way, shape or form, even in a reasonable manner, such as sending students to the health office to use the bathroom, kids will go home and bitch about "my teacher won't let me use the bathroom."

Akin to many parents accusing us of failing their kid on the last day of school, despite leaving comments all year on progress reports & report cards and parents/ guardians not using the interactive portal to monitor their student's progress until June 1, too many parents automatically side with their kids, especially over a sound byte or something taken out of context. It will then become something that gets twisted and a barrage of parents will accuse us of "not letting their student(s) go to the bathroom all day long." We will be torturing their kid with cruel & unusual punishment and withholding their rights as citizens to use the bathroom as they please or some other wacky, made up crap that parents want to accuse us of/throw at us!I

• Love 9

@Rebecca so glad you’d find that annoying as well!  I was seriously wondering why that bugged me so much.  ?. On a brighter note the gum snapper next to me on the way home moved to a separate seat after one stop so I didn’t end up in jail.  Oh and it’s finally sunny and I can see sailboats on the lake from my balcony!

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, LBS said:

@monicageller so you’re from Australia or New Zealand? That’s so cool!  I love this global community!!  (And if I’m wrong, this is Leah from TMOG and the schools aren’t well here)

Hahaha your schools are well, I am in Australia! I live near Sydney.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm in Portland, Oregon. Sorely missing the Bay Area where I've spent the vast majority of my life. 

The weather has been lovely here, though. 75ish. The kid is in summer day camp with a local musem. He told me he missed me today because I gave him a cupcake in his lunch and I put too much love in it.

This kid...

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, monicageller said:

It's winter here and I am freezing! Happy to send cool weather to anybody who needs it. ?

Send to Raleigh-Durham area of NC, please.    Not freezing weather, just lower humidity and temps.  Thanks!  Meanwhile, I'll send the high humidity and hot temps your way.

• Love 5

Guys—just a reminder that the Small Talk thread is where you can talk about anything and everything non-Teen-Mom-related you want with the exception of personal politics and site moderation—two topics off limits sitewide. Have a question? Please PM your forum moderation team. Thanks!

On 6/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, FairyDusted said:

Can you tell Daddy was a Waylon Fan? He has a huge oil painting of him in the living room. LMAO! I love my Daddy.

I loved Waylon. When I was a teenager all of my friends had posters of the teen idols on their bedroom walls but my walls were covered with Waylon.  His music is the only country music I've ever liked, and I thought he was sexy as hell. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Please send good thoughts you guys.  I live in a few acres on a hill and there's a huge fire on the next hill over from mine.  I'm scared to death.  I can see a lot of smoke and there's about 3 helicopters going over my house every couple of seconds.  Everything up here is so dry right now. 

Eta: Fuck!  I might have to evacuate.  I have all of my pictures and other things I can't bear to lose and put them all by the front door.  I've got my pets supplies and meds all ready just in case.  What sucks is my husband is out of town and I can't drive since my accident.  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Please send good thoughts you guys.  I live in a few acres on a hill and there's a huge fire on the next hill over from mine.  I'm scared to death.  I can see a lot of smoke and there's about 3 helicopters going over my house every couple of seconds.  Everything up here is so dry right now. 

Eta: Fuck!  I might have to evacuate.  I have all of my pictures and other things I can't bear to lose and put them all by the front door.  I've got my pets supplies and meds all ready just in case.  What sucks is my husband is out of town and I can't drive since my accident.  

Oh shit! Can your son or a neighbor come get you? Sending all the good vibes I can?

• Love 7
(edited)

My son is on call. If I get the word to evacuate, he'll come and get me. It says it's 50 percent contained but the wind is picking up so who knows what will happen.    

I feel very loved,  everyone I know has called or texted once they heard about the fire. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6

oh @Maharincess, thinking of you! Scary! :(

I was going to come here and say how I am LIVING for the new album by The Carters. I'm not a huge Beyonce or Jay-Z or even hiphop fan. I grew up on outlaws era country music that my dad adored. Then I went all waver. New Waver. Yep. It was the 80s. 

But this album (shit, why are they even called albums anymore?). It's amazing. The lyrics are just so real and honest. I'm totally digging it. I listen every morning (thank you, Alexa)! I know she's a surveillance device and she's always fucking listening to me and the stuff going on in the house. I would love to get one of those in Jenelle's house. Damn.

• Love 4

Thanks everyone.  The fire is about 80 percent contained so it's looking good.   One of my best friends lives in one of the evacuated neighborhoods so she's staying the night at my house.  It looks like I'm out of the woods now. 

Sorry for being so hysterical.  I've never had a fire so close to my home that I could see flames.  I kinda freaked out for a while. 

• Love 12
(edited)

All evacuations have been lifted.  We're having so much fun my friend is still going to spend the night. we're getting ready to crawl in my bed and watch I, Tanya. 

I took this picture from the top of my property. I have a better one but it's saying it's too big to download here.  

I just have to say that CALTRANS and our local fire fighters are fantastic. No injuries and no homes lost.  300 acres burned. 

Edit: they used this picture on our local news and our city website. I feel famous!!  Lol.  It's no big deal, they posted a lot of people's pictures.

jonathan_yogerst-768x498.jpg

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Thanks everyone.  The fire is about 80 percent contained so it's looking good.   One of my best friends lives in one of the evacuated neighborhoods so she's staying the night at my house.  It looks like I'm out of the woods now. 

Sorry for being so hysterical.  I've never had a fire so close to my home that I could see flames.  I kinda freaked out for a while. 

You had every right to be hysterical.  I’m glad you’re safe. Enjoy your sleepover. Hehehe

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8

I know this is a long shot but I told her I’d try.  A few of you are from LA or in the general area correct? My daughter is a huge, HUGE fan of the k-pop group  BTS.  They are doing a concert in Ft Worth (about a three hr drive from me) but the tickets sold out in minutes.  For whatever reason resale price for the Ft Worth show are sky high. If you live in Ft Worth, LA, they only have a handful of US concert dates, and if  you hear a contest on the radio, or you know someone who is selling tickets cheap, keep us in mind. We are willing to travel. She says you would become her new BFF for life.  I asked her what she would do if she saw them, she said cry. Aww She’s 12.  I keep checking to see if resale (stub hub) tickets are dropping any and it’s just not happening. :/ Thought I would give it a shot here because you never know.   It would be worth it to see her smile. :)

• Love 6

You guys are the best! Thank you for all of your words and good vibes.  One of the main reasons my friend is staying is that we're both really shook up still but she had it much worse than I did. When she evacuated and came here she brought so much stuff because she didn't know if she'd have a house to go back to.  We spent a couple hours going through her old pictures that she brought.  It was fun going back through our young years. 

once again I must say that our local firefighters are friggin amazing. 

On 6/25/2018 at 8:15 PM, Rebecca said:

@CaliforniaLove ditto! ♥️ And I have to tell you that EVERY time I read your name/posts I get the Tupac song in my head! 

Oh my god me too! Every Damn day I'm singing that song. @CaliforniaLove, thank you for putting me on your list.  I would have the same list but your name would be on it. 

My friend is snoring away and I'm having my usual insomnia.  I think I've slept maybe 2 hours every night since Monday.  And those 2 hours weren't consecutive. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I know this is a long shot but I told her I’d try.  A few of you are from LA or in the general area correct? My daughter is a huge, HUGE fan of the k-pop group  BTS.  They are doing a concert in Ft Worth (about a three hr drive from me) but the tickets sold out in minutes.  For whatever reason resale price for the Ft Worth show are sky high. If you live in Ft Worth, LA, they only have a handful of US concert dates, and if  you hear a contest on the radio, or you know someone who is selling tickets cheap, keep us in mind. We are willing to travel. She says you would become her new BFF for life.  I asked her what she would do if she saw them, she said cry. Aww She’s 12.  I keep checking to see if resale (stub hub) tickets are dropping any and it’s just not happening. :/ Thought I would give it a shot here because you never know.   It would be worth it to see her smile. :)

You're such a great mama! I so wish I could help you.  I took my daughter and her friends to see Spice Girls, Britney (she cried when I surprised her with tickets), N Sync, Backstreet and a few others.  The only one my son ever wanted to go to see was Blink 182.  I've seen more teen type concerts than my own kind.  I always had a blast taking all of the girls to the shows. 

I really hope you can find something. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Maharincess said:

You're such a great mama! I so wish I could help you.  I took my daughter and her friends to see Spice Girls, Britney (she cried when I surprised her with tickets), N Sync, Backstreet and a few others.  The only one my son ever wanted to go to see was Blink 182.  I've seen more teen type concerts than my own kind.  I always had a blast taking all of the girls to the shows. 

I really hope you can find something. 

I try.  She’s my one and only.  I’m too far from Dallas to hear their stations in case they are giving some away through contests.   I have a few DFW friends listening.  Sometimes flights to LA are super cheap so that is an option if the tickets are reasonable.  I don’t know why the Ft Worth tickets are 700+. ??‍♀️ I don’t think I’ve cried at any concert but she met her favorite anime voiceover actress last yr at Fan Fest at Dallas last year and I was choking back tears. She was so excited and the lady was so nice to her. She was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.  I hear about BTS everyday multiple times a day. Hahahaha

• Love 5
On 6/30/2018 at 7:03 AM, Maharincess said:

Thank God the fire was contained and you didn't have to evacuate. Don't apologise for being "hysterical" which I don't think you were by the way but even if you were so what? It's scary to have your house engulfed by smoke, to see the flames nearby and the planes and helicopters flying overhead and dumping water. But, thankfuly, eerything turned out ok :)

On 6/30/2018 at 7:03 AM, Maharincess said:

Thank God the fire was contained and you didn't have to evacuate. Don't apologise for being "hysterical" which I don't think you were by the way but even if you were so what? It's scary to have your house engulfed by smoke, to see the flames nearby and the planes and helicopters flying overhead and dumping water. But, thankfuly, eerything turned out ok :)

• Love 7