Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

Aw damn, I'm so sorry @MyPeopleAreNordic.  I firmly believe in things like your baby staying alive to see you through the surgery and recovery.  My little Chihuahua mix passed the same, in my arms in her sleep.  I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're feeling much better both physically and emotionally really soon. You sure have been through hell lately. I'm sending you big hugs. 

We left the cabin this morning. We weren't ready to go home and were going to extend the cabin rental. We decided to go into Reno to spend a couple of days instead (it's only about a 90 minute drive). My daughter took my dog home with her when they left so we can do whatever we want.  It sucks having to use my wheelchair so much but we're doing a lot of walking here so I don't have a choice.  I'm buying so many tacky Reno souvenirs and shirts for the grandkids, they'll love them all.   They have a lot of I Love Lucy stuff for sale here but I already have most of it and what I don't have is way too tacky even for me. This is actually a very good thing because the last thing I need is more Lucy stuff. 

• Love 3

I came her to say that I FF through ALL of Briana’s segments.  Just wanted you to know so you weren’t thinking “why isn’t Booger liking or responding to my posts”.  I love all the snark you guys give on the other TM2 hot messes.

• Love 6

I agree @Scarlett45, never too much Lucy. 

I'm back home now. Back to real life.  My cat was so mad when I got home. I had a friend come and take care of her but Trixie only loves her mama. She doesn't even let my husband touch her, but she's OBSESSED with me. She's over it now but she let me know she was pissed.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I miss Kazu as well. 

@Maharincess there is never too much I love Lucy!! I’ve missed episodes with Hallmark doing their Xmas in July. Sounds like you’re having a great vacation. 

So I'm NOT the only one overdosing on cheesy Christmas movies!  They start up again on my birthday. Earlier every year but I don't care. I'm not even much of fan of the stress and shopping but these damn movies! 

@Brooklynista said it best. You are all my friends! 

• Love 5

@Mkay 99% of my books are true crime! I prefer TC books from the 80s-90s timeframe. It seemed after Jeffrey Dahmer's arrest, the rush to get "books" to market took off and the quality took a nosedive. 

When we were moving to smaller digs a bunch of years ago, I sent about two dozen of my favorite TC books to one dollar scan and had them scanned to PDFs which I then converted to both epub and mobi so I can read them on my devices. 

• Love 4
On 7/29/2018 at 3:44 PM, writejenn said:

Is anyone watching the new season of Orange is the New Black? Badison is like Kail in prison 

67481D7C-3E04-426D-BD7A-D132D389C23C.jpeg

I've never watched the show, (read the book though), but that blonde looks so familiar. Anyone know who she is? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I hate when someone looks familiar, you IMDB them & they have several credits, YET...still don't know where I know her from.

I know. I'm not sure why I recognize her, either, but I do.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, zenme said:

Because she reminds you of Kail?

Lol! She DOES, but I know I've seen her in something! Her list of credits did nothing to jog my memory. I think the only thing I've watched from her past credits was Grey's Anatomy, but I've always been a hardcore "dabbler" with that show (I watch maybe an episode or two every other season yet can still figure out what's going on). I was expecting her to have been on like, Degrassi or something. 

• Love 1
On 8/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, configdotsys said:

@Mkay 99% of my books are true crime! I prefer TC books from the 80s-90s timeframe. It seemed after Jeffrey Dahmer's arrest, the rush to get "books" to market took off and the quality took a nosedive. 

When we were moving to smaller digs a bunch of years ago, I sent about two dozen of my favorite TC books to one dollar scan and had them scanned to PDFs which I then converted to both epub and mobi so I can read them on my devices. 

Edited by Mkay
Oops

I don’t know why it won’t let me reply  @configdotsys but yes! Jeffery Dahmer was one of those books where I had to sit it aside and take a break for an hr or so.  It was very descriptive.  Another was a book about Tommy Lynn Sells.  I can handle almost anything but those two, wow!

• Love 2
On 8/3/2018 at 12:14 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

Lol! She DOES, but I know I've seen her in something! Her list of credits did nothing to jog my memory. I think the only thing I've watched from her past credits was Grey's Anatomy, but I've always been a hardcore "dabbler" with that show (I watch maybe an episode or two every other season yet can still figure out what's going on). I was expecting her to have been on like, Degrassi or something. 

She played Brittany Murphy in the Lifetime produced biopic, which I watched because I have no life.

The only really notable thing about that was that the movie was greenlit and given 10 days to shoot. Amanda Fuller was notified, like, 5 min before production started. Anyways, she was upset because she wanted to lose weight for the role (she's not fat, but a bigger woman by Hollywood standards, and of course Brittany Murphy was like a 00), but with the accelerated shooting schedule, that wasn't going to happen. Anyways, rather than mess with it, the other characters in the movie just made a point of noticing how skinny she was in the script. I wondered why more movies don't do that, rather than expect their actors to lose massive amounts of weight in very short times. I once read that shooting on Cast Away was halted for like 6 months so Tom Hanks could lose weight and appear to be legit starving. That's taking your craft a bit far, in my opinion, but maybe that's why I'm not a Hollywood A-lister.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

She played Brittany Murphy in the Lifetime produced biopic, which I watched because I have no life.

The only really notable thing about that was that the movie was greenlit and given 10 days to shoot. Amanda Fuller was notified, like, 5 min before production started. Anyways, she was upset because she wanted to lose weight for the role (she's not fat, but a bigger woman by Hollywood standards, and of course Brittany Murphy was like a 00), but with the accelerated shooting schedule, that wasn't going to happen. Anyways, rather than mess with it, the other characters in the movie just made a point of noticing how skinny she was in the script. I wondered why more movies don't do that, rather than expect their actors to lose massive amounts of weight in very short times. I once read that shooting on Cast Away was halted for like 6 months so Tom Hanks could lose weight and appear to be legit starving. That's taking your craft a bit far, in my opinion, but maybe that's why I'm not a Hollywood A-lister.

It really takes a toll on you. Tom Hanks is diabetic now and cannot gain or lose or gain tons of weight for a movie at the risk of his health. Matt Damon wanted to lose  weight for The Martian Ridley Scott said no way.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

I saw that on her IMDB, but to be honest, I don't recall if I watched that one or not...I know I definitely watched the Britney Spears & Saved By The Bell ones! If I did happen to watch it, I didn't pay enough attention to have that "aha!" moment with Amanda Fuller. 

Hasn't Christian Bale also lost severe amounts of weight for a role? 

7 hours ago, Tatum said:

I saw that movie too! I loved Brittany Murphy since that little show The Torkelsons.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I quote Brittany's best ever role (IMO) every day on the 405..."you're a virgin who can't drive!".

Yes!! Loved Brittany Murphy! 

• Love 4

I always forget that Brittany was in Clueless, she looked so different in that role that I always forget it's her.  She seemed like such a sweet girl and her death always seemed suspicious to me.  I felt even more suspicious after her husband died a few years later. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I always forget that Brittany was in Clueless, she looked so different in that role that I always forget it's her.  She seemed like such a sweet girl and her death always seemed suspicious to me.  I felt even more suspicious after her husband died a few years later. 

I did love her in Clueless. IMO she looked better with her naturally curvy (not fat) figure and heart shaped face. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I did love her in Clueless. IMO she looked better with her naturally curvy (not fat) figure and heart shaped face. 

One of my favorites with her is Little Black Book. Also Just Married and Girl, Interrupted.  I could name so many more.  Loved her. 

• Love 5

I guess I'm in the minority, but Brittany Murphy bugged the shit out of me. It's obvious from her early roles to later ones that she figured the way to get more acting work was to bleach her hair blond and stop eating. I don't judge her for that AT ALL- if by changing your hair color and losing some weight, you could triple or quadruple your earning power, I'd do it too (although admittedly the hair bleaching part would be considerably easier than losing weight, at least for me).

What bugged me though, is she kept denying it. Every single interview I read with her was the same: I eat! I eat all the time! OMG I can't stop eating! I never do drugs and I don't starve myself! I don't know why I am so skinny! In fact, I hate being skinny-I wish I was a size 10! Size 10s are the best!  Damn this superhuman metabolism of mine! Every. single. interview.

And before anyone jumps on me, I KNOW there are people that are just skinny. They really do eat like normal, they just don't gain weight, and they don't appreciate being mocked for being skinny. You'll not convince me Brittany Murphy falls into this category. I think she was a normal girl with a normal metabolism who intentionally lost a shit ton of weight to get Hollywood roles. No shame in that. Just admit it.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Mkay said:

One of my favorites with her is Little Black Book. Also Just Married and Girl, Interrupted.  I could name so many more.  Loved her. 

She was fantastic in Girl, Interrupted with her eat in chicken. I love that movie. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2018 at 1:20 PM, Maharincess said:

Oh me too...especially since it was 5 MONTHS after!...and if I recall, he also had kind of an oddly close relationship with her mom during that time. 

7 hours ago, Tatum said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but Brittany Murphy bugged the shit out of me. It's obvious from her early roles to later ones that she figured the way to get more acting work was to bleach her hair blond and stop eating. I don't judge her for that AT ALL- if by changing your hair color and losing some weight, you could triple or quadruple your earning power, I'd do it too (although admittedly the hair bleaching part would be considerably easier than losing weight, at least for me).

I agree with what you're saying, but it wasn't so much the weight thing that bugged me as much as Brittany's acting in general. Clueless is one of my all-time faves & she was great as Tai (and I also liked her in Girl Interrupted), but all those movies she did in the late 90's/early 2000's were eye-roll inducing, and I have a pretty high tolerance for crap. She wasn't a "must see" actress for me, but at the same time I was pretty sad/shocked when she passed. If nothing else, nobody could have done the "rolling with tha homies" signature move the way she did! RIP!

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Oh me too...especially since it was 5 MONTHS after!...and if I recall, he also had kind of an oddly close relationship with her mom during that time. 

I agree with what you're saying, but it wasn't so much the weight thing that bugged me as much as Brittany's acting in general. Clueless is one of my all-time faves & she was great as Tai (and I also liked her in Girl Interrupted), but all those movies she did in the late 90's/early 2000's were eye-roll inducing, and I have a pretty high tolerance for crap. She wasn't a "must see" actress for me, but at the same time I was pretty sad/shocked when she passed. If nothing else, nobody could have done the "rolling with tha homies" signature move the way she did! RIP!

Yeah, some of her work was better than others. At the risk of sounding pretentious. some of her more gritty, independent movies showcased her talent much more than the mid 2000s rom coms she was in (although admittedly I liked Little Black Book).

The mid 2000s though were just such a time of extreme dieting and I don't judge anyone for doing what they had to do to get work. But at a time where girls were constantly being told, you have to be skinny to be pretty, having a a popular actress who (I suspect) was starving herself to fit that image insisting that it was entirely the result of her genes did a lot of harm, I thought.  Like, it's not enough that girls have to feel bad about themselves for being heavier than Hollywood, they have to further lament their own genetic failures? Why couldn't Brittany just have been honest about it?  "Yeah, I eat 800 calories a day. It's not good for you and I don't recommend it, but I do it because it's the difference in whether I get A movies or B movies, and I want to be a well known actress. Sue me. " Instead she's just spewing bullshit right and left about how she would actually prefer to be heavier (likely thinking that this was encouraging to young girls) when she's clearly insincere as she starves herself to stay skinny. It undermined her message to young girls considerably. Just my opinion.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Tatum said:

The mid 2000s though were just such a time of extreme dieting and I don't judge anyone for doing what they had to do to get work. But at a time where girls were constantly being told, you have to be skinny to be pretty, having a a popular actress who (I suspect) was starving herself to fit that image insisting that it was entirely the result of her genes did a lot of harm, I thought.  Like, it's not enough that girls have to feel bad about themselves for being heavier than Hollywood, they have to further lament their own genetic failures? Why couldn't Brittany just have been honest about it?  "Yeah, I eat 800 calories a day. It's not good for you and I don't recommend it, but I do it because it's the difference in whether I get A movies or B movies, and I want to be a well known actress. Sue me. " Instead she's just spewing bullshit right and left about how she would actually prefer to be heavier (likely thinking that this was encouraging to young girls) when she's clearly insincere as she starves herself to stay skinny. It undermined her message to young girls considerably. Just my opinion.

Oh, I definitely agree with you in general, but I guess I never singled Brittany out, or was particularly bothered by HER in that respect, as much as I'm bothered (still) by that whole stigma. I see the "extreme dieting" epidemic of that time alive & well right now. While I think it's great that there is MORE representation of "real girls" in movies/tv, etc., I don't necessarily find that there is LESS of the "Kate Moss" look. She actually bugged me more when she was in the "look at me & Ashton! Look at how in lurrrrve we are with our matching trucker hats!!" phase (which I guess was actually around the same time as the extreme weight loss phase!). 

• Love 2
On 8/8/2018 at 12:24 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

Hasn't Christian Bale also lost severe amounts of weight for a role? 

Yes he has as has Meryl Streep for "Sophie's Choice." I think that some of the things that actors do to their bodies so that they can play a role are just insane.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I normally reply on my phone, but did you guys know that if you hover over a topic on your browser it will show you the last post??!!!!

Not fair; my browser shows me the first post :(

• Love 3