Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

Thanks guys! He's pretty quiet but sometimes he breaks out with something. I guess I can't really say that we lasted or "made it" until one of us dies, but I'm kind of proud that we've come this far. He's a good husband and a good friend. 

• Love 15

Hey friends! Sorry, this is the best, and worst time of the night...I am always so amped & wired after a concert (because of the meth...kidding!). No matter how tired I am, when I get home after a performance of any kind, I need to wind down. Monday at 1am is not a time where there are many people to interact with, but I can catch up on so much hilarity & drama & wonderful personal stories around these parts, and I thank you all for that! I even smoked a joint to my dome, and I will be awake until at least 2am PST. I was smart enough to take tomorrow off though...wooot!

• Love 8

*Interwebs vent* - I have a friend from elementary who is all about that fake social media life...it's always obnoxious, but I really want to comment on this particular post...the hot summer made it as such that the bottom of her kitchen rug melted a little of the rubber onto the hardwood floor. She was scrubbing it off. Her choice of hashtag? #mominghard..."#Mominghard?!?!" That has happened to me. Should I have not cleaned it up since that is a task only for moms? What would my hashtag be? #Singlinghard? #ithoughtthiswasnormal? #instafakesbug??

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

LMAO! I'm sorry @CaliforniaLove I'm still reading it morningwood . I'm fairly certain she didn't mean that!

It just reminded me of a Teen Mom try-hard..."look! I'm pouring a bowl of cereal. #momlife". Like, if you're changing a diaper, or piling kids in a car for an outing, ok, #momlife. Dusting your coffee table? Uuuuuuuummmm...?

• Love 9

It's funny because I don't use many hashtags for personal stuff or funny stories. Only usually to talk about a show I'm watching but that's about it.  

Hey I broke a fucking tooth! And walked into a Jill Duggar thread on accident! Let's hashtag that shit!

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

It's funny because I don't use many hashtags for personal stuff or funny stories. Only usually to talk about a show I'm watching but that's about it.  

Hey I broke a fucking tooth! And walked into a Jill Duggar thread on accident! Let's hashtag that shit!

How'd you break a tooth? Jujubee?? Nobody Duggars on accident. #lies ? PPP

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

How'd you break a tooth? Jujubee?? Nobody Duggars on accident. #lies ? PPP

Eating a fucking salad! And I swear It was an accident. I would never willingly even look them up. A few mutual friends that now I have to reconsider !?

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

*Interwebs vent* - I have a friend from elementary who is all about that fake social media life...it's always obnoxious, but I really want to comment on this particular post...the hot summer made it as such that the bottom of her kitchen rug melted a little of the rubber onto the hardwood floor. She was scrubbing it off. Her choice of hashtag? #mominghard..."#Mominghard?!?!" That has happened to me. Should I have not cleaned it up since that is a task only for moms? What would my hashtag be? #Singlinghard? #ithoughtthiswasnormal? #instafakesbug??

Apparently she's Wonder Woman. Tell her next time to use a little WD40 and keep it moving. #FakeBook #PlayingFamilyPicnic 

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Hey I broke a fucking tooth! 

That sucks @FairyDusted ? hope you're not in pain.

• Love 5

I'm pretty excited, guys. I'm taking off in a couple hours to drive down to the Oregon Flock &Fiber Festival. It's a fun weekend full of anything and everything related to spinning, knitting, felting, every type of fiber art and the animals that produce the fiber. I haven't taken a trip by myself in a really long time and am so looking forward to a nice hotel room all to myself for the weekend! I can't check in until 4:00, so I'm lounging around and will head out around noon (it's about a 4 hour drive). I have my stash of Milano cookies and chocolate already packed in my truck ?

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I'm pretty excited, guys. I'm taking off in a couple hours to drive down to the Oregon Flock &Fiber Festival. It's a fun weekend full of anything and everything related to spinning, knitting, felting, every type of fiber art and the animals that produce the fiber. I haven't taken a trip by myself in a really long time and am so looking forward to a nice hotel room all to myself for the weekend! I can't check in until 4:00, so I'm lounging around and will head out around noon (it's about a 4 hour drive). I have my stash of Milano cookies and chocolate already packed in my truck ?

Have fun @lovesnark

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

You are going to be in Canby :).  Enjoy your trip and safe travels

Yes, I am! I'll be staying in Wilsonville, though. My friends that are going camp at the festival. I'm soooooo not into sleeping in a tent when there is a nice comfy hotel room with a shower and a coffee maker for the taking! Do you live in the Portland area?

17 minutes ago, druzy said:

Have fun @lovesnark

I am going to have a blast and learn something new, too. I'm leaving  today because I'm taking a class tomorrow to learn how to make felted slippers. The rest of the weekend will be spent shopping at all the awesome vendors who will be there, spinning, watching the sheep show and hanging with my fiber addict buddies. We're going to enjoy dinner and adult beverages together Saturday night??

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Yes, I am! I'll be staying in Wilsonville, though. My friends that are going camp at the festival. I'm soooooo not into sleeping in a tent when there is a nice comfy hotel room with a shower and a coffee maker for the taking! Do you live in the Portland area?

I am going to have a blast and learn something new, too. I'm leaving  today because I'm taking a class tomorrow to learn how to make felted slippers. The rest of the weekend will be spent shopping at all the awesome vendors who will be there, spinning, watching the sheep show and hanging with my fiber addict buddies. We're going to enjoy dinner and adult beverages together Saturday night??

Hey have a blast. If you have a family crest you can out sell Sonja Morgan on RHONY!!!! 

I'd opt for a hotel too!

• Love 5

It took me 2 FUCKING HOURS to get here from Portland - it's a 20 minute drive. Traffic and a wreck. Oh well, I'm here. My room is nice and I'm on the 1st floor, close to everything and have some nice trees outside my window. There's a Fred Meyer down the road a little ways and I'm going to run down and get some dark roast coffee. The medium roast they supply just won't cut it. Has to be dark roast for me. I'm in a vacation state of mind?

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

It took me 2 FUCKING HOURS to get here from Portland - it's a 20 minute drive. Traffic and a wreck. Oh well, I'm here. My room is nice and I'm on the 1st floor, close to everything and have some nice trees outside my window. There's a Fred Meyer down the road a little ways and I'm going to run down and get some dark roast coffee. The medium roast they supply just won't cut it. Has to be dark roast for me. I'm in a vacation state of mind?

Keep us updated! I have so many questions. Are the vendors competitive?  Are there clicks amongst the vendors? Are they welcoming to newbies? I would definitely watch a reality show/special based on the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival. ??

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Here's hoping you have a wonderful time!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, druzy said:

Keep us updated! I have so many questions. Are the vendors competitive?  Are there clicks amongst the vendors? Are they welcoming to newbies? I would definitely watch a reality show/special based on the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival. ??

Most of the vendors know each other and have been friends for ages. I've never been a vendor at one of these events, so don't know if they're welcoming to the new kids, my guess is yes. They were all setting up their booths today while I was in class. The actual festival doesn't start until tomorrow morning. They offered Friday classes, though, and the one I wanted to take happened to be an all day Friday one.

Class was FUN! I'll post a pic of my groovy slippers after I finish shaping them and they're dry. The technique we used is called wet felting and its, well,.........wet-lol! If you've ever accidentally washed a wool sweater, you've done some felting. Heat+water+agitation=felt when you're dealing with wool. We used those three things to make the wool felt the way we wanted it to. The teacher was a really engaging, sweet young woman with a great sense of humor. She made it a very fun class. I'm tired and am going to laze around in my room for a while, then maybe call the pizza dude. There's a pizza joint close by that's supposed to be the best around and they deliver to my hotel. Or, there is a Sonic right down the road. We don't have them in WA, so I might have to opt for a burger. Decisions, decisions....

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Most of the vendors know each other and have been friends for ages. I've never been a vendor at one of these events, so don't know if they're welcoming to the new kids, my guess is yes. They were all setting up their booths today while I was in class. The actual festival doesn't start until tomorrow morning. They offered Friday classes, though, and the one I wanted to take happened to be an all day Friday one.

Class was FUN! I'll post a pic of my groovy slippers after I finish shaping them and they're dry. The technique we used is called wet felting and its, well,.........wet-lol! If you've ever accidentally washed a wool sweater, you've done some felting. Heat+water+agitation=felt when you're dealing with wool. We used those three things to make the wool felt the way we wanted it to. The teacher was a really engaging, sweet young woman with a great sense of humor. She made it a very fun class. I'm tired and am going to laze around in my room for a while, then maybe call the pizza dude. There's a pizza joint close by that's supposed to be the best around and they deliver to my hotel. Or, there is a Sonic right down the road. We don't have them in WA, so I might have to opt for a burger. Decisions, decisions....

You have a couple of days! I'd say relax with a pizza & stop by Sonic on the way home. Glad you're having fun! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Well then I've done my fair share of felting ?. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Get the pizza. Always get the pizza ??

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Ummm, @lovesnark inquiring minds want to know...was it pizza or Sonic?!

Haha! Friday night was pizza and it was delicious! Last night was Sonic and I wish we had them where I live. It was rainy yesterday so I came back to my hotel before dinner time. The weather is supposed to be nicer today, so I'll go back to the festival after I check out, then head home. I hope traffic is better on the way back. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Cherry Lime-Aids are my jam. Sonics are starting to pop up by me, but not RIGHT by me. I'm lazy. *Siiiiiiiiiigh*

Cherry Limeade was the best beverage I've had in ages!! I stopped on my way to the festival today and got a giant one. I hope they start building Sonics up here or I'll have to drive to Oregon for my fix. I got home about an hour ago and came back with a rather large tote bag crammed with fiber and yarn and a Romney (a breed of sheep) fleece. I have lots of fleece from my sheep but I don't have any Romneys. I was overcome by the intoxicating bouquet of freshly shorn fleece and could not resist. I really and truly am a fiber addict ? I had a GREAT time and  will definitely go back next year. I told the desk clerk at the hotel that I want the same room and she said it's a done deal. Next month, we have Fiber Fusion up here. It's not nearly as big, but it's still lots of fun and  is only 20 minutes from home. 

Tomorrow I'll take pics of my slippers and the stash I brought home and post them. I bought a really spendy skein of yarn - $50 eek!! - to make a hat for myself and I wish you guys could feel it. It's made from Pygora goat fiber and is sooooooo  soft! It's the most I've ever spent on yarn but once I touched it, I had to have it. The farmer and his family were awesome folks and knowing how much they love their goats and support their family doing this makes it even better ?

• Love 11
On 8/31/2018 at 2:08 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

I'm steering clear of Pretty Mamas. I'm gonna maybe try weaning off the MTV shows. I'm 41 now. It's time to devote my energies to Bravo & scripted network dramas. 

Pretty Mamas is already canceled after 2 episodes for anyone that didn’t know! I was trying to get into it but I just “hated” that one rich ‘extra’ girl so much. It’s hilarious that mtv pulled it from everything with no word all like, show? what show? there was never any show called Pretty Mamas!

On 9/1/2018 at 2:31 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

So you're BOTH writers @mamadrama! That is so beautiful. Happy anniversary to you both!! 

@mamadrama I agree, that was amazing! I especially loved this part: “I love the life we’ve planned and the one we’ve gone ahead and lived instead.”

On 9/16/2018 at 9:07 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

#ImFuckinCleanin

On 9/23/2018 at 6:08 PM, FairyDusted said:

Glad you had fun @lovesnark! Fuck.....Now I want pizza AND Sonic. They have the best ice.....

Word. And I live in an area with the distinction of having (probably) the only Sonic to ever close, at least within just a few years! So tragic. The closest is now in another state, about 90 miles away! Pour out a bit of your cherry limeades for me, homies. And eat alllllll the tots. That closed Sonic? Became our like, seventh Subway...because we needed that! ?

ETA: wow, CaliLove, I didn’t mean to basically quote all your posts #ImaStalker

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

OMGZ.   Sonic is our jam.  It’s literally halfway between our house and school, we are there for one thing or another 3x a week minimum.  Yesterday was 50c corn dogs.  2 days ago I said son remind me so we can pull thru for supper on the way home.  Sure thing we roll up and order.  Ticket is $9???  4 corn dogs and a chedda peppers.  Da fuq is it not 50c dogs today?  Ma’am you didn’t mention the deal when you ordered.  LAWD!!!!!! Needless to say I got it settled.  I love me some Sonics but COME ON.   PS. We will be back around in a day or 2 for certain. ?

• Love 3

@FairyDusted, I adore Vicki Lawrence. I have Cool Kids recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet.  I watch Mama's Family almost every day on LOGO and I also have the DVDs.  It's one of my top 5 all time favorite shows. That's a show I'd love to see revived.  We need more silly, kind of slapstick shows like that in my opinion. 

The Harpers costumes were awesome. I, of course was Mama. My friend made me a dress and hat that looked just like Mama's lavender dress with the bric-brac at the neck  It was easy to find the perfect wig, added some white beads, rolled down stockings and white shoes.   My husband was Vint, we got a tan work shirt and my same friend sewed the Quik Keys logo and Vint's name tag. My daughter was Naomi and had long blonde hair so a yellow off the shoulder dress was about all she needed but she also made a Food Circus apron. My son was Bubba which is funny because my daughter re-named him Bubba the day he was born. He wore a green shirt that we painted Bubba on, tight jeans with suspenders and red sneakers just like Bubba Higgins. My best friend wanted so bad to be Iola so she got a prissy pink dress, the hat and white purse.  We had a blast. We took my little nieces trick or treating then went to a party and won first place in the family costume contest. All together the parts for the costumes was only around 25-30 dollars, if that much. I scoured the thrift stores and my seamstress friend had the right material for the dress. My wig, which really looked just like Mama's hair was on clearance at a wig store and was only 9 dollars. That was the most expensive part. 

I figured nobody would know who we we're but everyone did. I'll have to dig out some pictures to post. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 9