Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

Omg @Maharincess that is EPIC!! I've never met Vicki, but one of my best friends in high school went to homecoming with her son. In very recent years, a different friend dated him for a bit. She couldn't have cared less about the guy, but I said "omg MARRY HIM!!!". She said "but I hardly like him, let alone love & want to marry him?". I said "who the f cares, Vicki Lawrence would be your mother-in-law, and the grandmother to your children! MAMA would be your babies' grandma!!!". She still didn't care. 

• Love 9

Holy crap!  I would have married him whether I liked him or not! Lol. 

Vicki Lawrence has just always made me smile every time I see her. She just seems like such a happy, nice person. I've liked her for as long as I remember.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

@FairyDusted, I adore Vicki Lawrence. I have Cool Kids recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet.  I watch Mama's Family almost every day on LOGO and I also have the DVDs.  It's one of my top 5 all time favorite shows. That's a show I'd love to see revived.  We need more silly, kind of slapstick shows like that in my opinion. 

The Harpers costumes were awesome. I, of course was Mama. My friend made me a dress and hat that looked just like Mama's lavender dress with the bric-brac at the neck  It was easy to find the perfect wig, added some white beads, rolled down stockings and white shoes.   My husband was Vint, we got a tan work shirt and my same friend sewed the Quik Keys logo and Vint's name tag. My daughter was Naomi and had long blonde hair so a yellow off the shoulder dress was about all she needed but she also made a Food Circus apron. My son was Bubba which is funny because my daughter re-named him Bubba the day he was born. He wore a green shirt that we painted Bubba on, tight jeans with suspenders and red sneakers just like Bubba Higgins. My best friend wanted so bad to be Iola so she got a prissy pink dress, the hat and white purse.  We had a blast. We took my little nieces trick or treating then went to a party and won first place in the family costume contest. All together the parts for the costumes was only around 25-30 dollars, if that much. I scoured the thrift stores and my seamstress friend had the right material for the dress. My wig, which really looked just like Mama's hair was on clearance at a wig store and was only 9 dollars. That was the most expensive part. 

I figured nobody would know who we we're but everyone did. I'll have to dig out some pictures to post. 

Love Mama’s family.  Was so glad to see it on tv once again. 

• Love 4

I have another stupid question. When and why did "haters" become "hatters"? 

Also, if I got a dime every time I see your instead of you're or I read should of instead of should have, I'd be a damn millionaire. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I have another stupid question. When and why did "haters" become "hatters"? 

Also, if I got a dime every time I see your instead of you're or I read should of instead of should have, I'd be a damn millionaire. 

One of, I believe, Jenelle's rabid fans said everyone calling her out on her shit was a 'jellus hatter '. Which speaks volumes about the sort of people who think she's the Best!Mom!Ever! 

• Love 7

@mamadrama, I just now read you comment about your husband.  That's the sweetest thing I've ever read.  Our 30th anniversary is May 15th. My guy isn't the best at expressing his feeling and emotions but he shows me in so many ways how he feels.  Congratulations on getting a good one, they're out there, mine is pretty damn perfect for me. 

You guys,  my honey is on the road but I have to tell someone.  I finished my Xmas shopping today!!!   I got tablets for my grandkids and all I had left to buy were stands for them. I picked those up today so I am officially DONE. Me and my guy do silly stockings for each other and I'll buy that stuff in December.  It feels so good to know that I won't be stressing in December. 

• Love 7
On 05/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, Mkay said:

Isn’t there a lawyer or paralegal or someone with a lot of knowledge in the legal field in this group? I have a question but it has a long back story.  

@Mkay - I'm an attorney, but corporate not litigation so depending on what your question is feel free to DM me if I could help.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

@Mkay - I'm an attorney, but corporate not litigation so depending on what your question is feel free to DM me if I could help.

My question is protection orders or another form of that.  I’ll DM you if you think you might be able to offer advice. 

19 hours ago, Maharincess said:

@mamadrama, I just now read you comment about your husband.  That's the sweetest thing I've ever read.  Our 30th anniversary is May 15th. My guy isn't the best at expressing his feeling and emotions but he shows me in so many ways how he feels.  Congratulations on getting a good one, they're out there, mine is pretty damn perfect for me. 

You guys,  my honey is on the road but I have to tell someone.  I finished my Xmas shopping today!!!   I got tablets for my grandkids and all I had left to buy were stands for them. I picked those up today so I am officially DONE. Me and my guy do silly stockings for each other and I'll buy that stuff in December.  It feels so good to know that I won't be stressing in December. 

I bow to you and your Christmas shopping! That's awesome.

Yeah, every once in a while my husband will come out with something that surprises me. Neither one of us are super romantic do when he does or says something like that, it always catches me off guard in a good way.

• Love 5

@Mkay, I hope you can find answers for what you need.  There should be some kind of hotline or something with lawyers, if someone needs advice, the hotline should have different types of lawyers to answer simple FREE question.  Like wondering what we should do next (or first), if the case is worth pursuing and things like that.

@mamadrama, that's great.  My guy isn't one for the big gesture but he shows me in so many ways.  I'm all about the simple things, like I'll mention that I haven't had a certain kind of candy/cookies or whatever for a while then within the next day or two he'll bring some home to me. He'll text during work to tell me he loves me.  I call him my guy because I've just never figured out what the hell to call him.  Lol. We met on May 15th 1989, he basically moved in with me the next month and we've been together ever since. We aren't married so he's not my husband, he's so, so, so much more than a boyfriend. Significant other just doesn't sound right and neither does partner.   We always talk about getting married when we hit a milestone anniversary, we did it in our 10th, 20th, 25th and now. We had a ceremony in Reno a while back but never sent in the paperwork so I have no clue if we're married. We also have our living wills and have our medical power of attorney. 

Mamadrama, it feels so damn good to have the shopping done, I'm usually stressing in the middle of December and yelling  "I hate Xmas!!!"  This year I had it figured out what I wanted to get each person. I actually bought my first present in February. I knew what I wanted to get my mommy-in-law so I bought it when I saw it on sale.  Now all I have to do is decorate in December, do my baking and relax. 

Sorry for long ass post. I got some really bad news and I'm trying my damnedest to keep my mind off of things. 

Edited by Maharincess
Because 25 and 35 are very different.
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Sorry for long ass post. I got some really bad news and I'm trying my damnedest to keep my mind off of things. 

I'm sorry about your bad news. :-( I do the same sometimes. It just feels better to focus on something else and to be chatty in a place where you're among friends. I hope things get better for you. 

• Love 5

@Mkay I would try @lezlers. She's a family court lawyer. I think. I always ping her with a custody question on the Teen Mom threads. (relating to Maci and Ryan, not ME!)

I think @StatisticalOutlier is a lawyer too, but not sure what area of law. Also @evilmindatwork is, I think, but I haven't seen her around the boards forever.

ETA: now that I think about it, I think these posters typically don't post in the TM2 threads which is why you probably don't know them. I can't think of any TM2 regs that are lawyers, @Kazu had some sort of legal field job but I don't think she's here anymore.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Mkay said:

My question is protection orders or another form of that.  I’ll DM you if you think you might be able to offer advice. 

If you just need legalese translated, happy to help.  Otherwise I would probably be useless.

Hope there's nothing awful going on!!

• Love 2

Let me see if I can make a long story short.  Then maybe someone may know the answer.  My daughter is 12.  Up until she was born I got along great with my in laws. When my daughter was born the trouble started. One, they are heavy smokers.  I’m talking a shoulder height smoke cloud in their home. We all smelled like we smoked when we left their house. They were always mad that I never let my daughter spend the night. I began getting threatening emails about enforcing grandparents visitation. I still tried to keep the peace and visited every Sunday but it wasn’t enough for them.  One day my mother in law would be suicidal and the next ask if my daughter could spend the night.   Um No! She left voicemails and emails about how she’s been in the psychiatric hospital before and she would kill me, serve time in psych ward, get out, and my daughter would call her Mom.  This type of threats happened all the time.  Every job I’ve had has had to tell her to stop calling me.

Fast forward to 2010. She came over to bring my daughter bday presents. Still trying to keep the peace I let her in.  Then the fight started. I called 911 and she hung up the phone.  She grabbed me by my arm (all in front of my daughter who was 4) and my father in law was cussing me out alone with MIL.  Once I backed them out of my house and fought to get my door closed I called 911 again.  The police who came only trespassed her though we asked for more charges. (Interference with 911 call and assault). They did not trespass FIL. We have had no contact since 2010 except her sending cards and showing up to my job. 

Friday a friend at the school took a picture of my FIL at the school to buy a yearbook. Apparently he’s done this two yrs now.  Of course my anxiety kicks in.  They’ve threatened to kidnap my kid and now they show up on campus?!! Given our past history is there anything I can do to keep them away. They sent my daughter a card in May saying they would see her when she starts driving. How freaky is that?!! Everyone says I don’t have enough for a restraining order but could it fall under stalking or anything at all? My daughter is scared and so am I.  

• Love 5

@Mkay- In my understanding, threatening to kill someone is grounds for an order of protection, if not more serious charges. But it sounds like this was some time ago? Not sure it would be relevant then. I would google the laws in your county or state regarding an Order of No Contact. I think you can always file it, regardless, the judge just may not decide to grant it. I have no legal experience AT ALL, but if you honestly feel threatened, and there is no reason the in laws NEED to be near you (like you don't work in the same building or live near each other), and there's a child involved but not a current custody battle going on, I would think a judge would be inclined to grant it, at least temporarily. But, I am speaking as an accountant, not a lawyer.

And of course, definitely brief the school regarding his loitering around.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 7

I forgot to add that we later found out that the police who took the report in 2010 did get into trouble.  He got in trouble for not filing assault and interference with a 911 call charge. If he had, we would probably have no trouble getting a restraining order today or we would likely have on when it all happened.  

• Love 5

Yeah, I can't say whether or not it will be (even though it should be, in my non legal opinion- this woman is mentally unstable and attacked you in the past), but I think at least you should get a chance to explain your situation.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

Let me see if I can make a long story short.  Then maybe someone may know the answer.  My daughter is 12.  Up until she was born I got along great with my in laws. When my daughter was born the trouble started. One, they are heavy smokers.  I’m talking a shoulder height smoke cloud in their home. We all smelled like we smoked when we left their house. They were always mad that I never let my daughter spend the night. I began getting threatening emails about enforcing grandparents visitation. I still tried to keep the peace and visited every Sunday but it wasn’t enough for them.  One day my mother in law would be suicidal and the next ask if my daughter could spend the night.   Um No! She left voicemails and emails about how she’s been in the psychiatric hospital before and she would kill me, serve time in psych ward, get out, and my daughter would call her Mom.  This type of threats happened all the time.  Every job I’ve had has had to tell her to stop calling me.

Fast forward to 2010. She came over to bring my daughter bday presents. Still trying to keep the peace I let her in.  Then the fight started. I called 911 and she hung up the phone.  She grabbed me by my arm (all in front of my daughter who was 4) and my father in law was cussing me out alone with MIL.  Once I backed them out of my house and fought to get my door closed I called 911 again.  The police who came only trespassed her though we asked for more charges. (Interference with 911 call and assault). They did not trespass FIL. We have had no contact since 2010 except her sending cards and showing up to my job. 

Friday a friend at the school took a picture of my FIL at the school to buy a yearbook. Apparently he’s done this two yrs now.  Of course my anxiety kicks in.  They’ve threatened to kidnap my kid and now they show up on campus?!! Given our past history is there anything I can do to keep them away. They sent my daughter a card in May saying they would see her when she starts driving. How freaky is that?!! Everyone says I don’t have enough for a restraining order but could it fall under stalking or anything at all? My daughter is scared and so am I.  

@Mkay I’m so sorry!! What a thing to go through. 

I’m a lawyer (no experience with this type of law though), my advice is to 1. Record everything, 2. Id file to keep them away from your child and your family. 

• Love 9

@Mkay not an attorney just one piece of advice. If you get a temporary OOP or restraining order and the powers that be are having a hard time serving it do not hesitate to hire a process server yourself! I had a stalker several years ago he would not answer the door when the server hired by the city came by. We hired a private process server and told them where he worked and offered a bonus if they could provide proof asap. Less than an hour later he had been served best $100 ever spent!

Good luck!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Tatum said:

@Mkay I would try @lezlers. She's a family court lawyer. I think. I always ping her with a custody question on the Teen Mom threads. (relating to Maci and Ryan, not ME!)

I think @StatisticalOutlier is a lawyer too, but not sure what area of law. Also @evilmindatwork is, I think, but I haven't seen her around the boards forever.

ETA: now that I think about it, I think these posters typically don't post in the TM2 threads which is why you probably don't know them. I can't think of any TM2 regs that are lawyers, @Kazu had some sort of legal field job but I don't think she's here anymore.

I'm a criminal lawyer actually, but I've worked in family law before.   I'll help if I can!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm sorry about your bad news. :-( I do the same sometimes. It just feels better to focus on something else and to be chatty in a place where you're among friends. I hope things get better for you. 

Thank you. 

Never mind on the rest. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Damn @Mkay, I'm so sorry you and your daughter are going through this. What does your daughter's father say about this?  I hope you're granted a restraining order. 

He’s very angry.  He was the one who pushed pressing charges back in 2010. He wants them away from our daughter before they do the damage they did to us. They did a lot of mental damage. If I see them in public my body starts shaking and I can’t stop.  She attempts to contact me nephews, my niece, whoever she can to and messages to us.  Showing up at school is crossing a line. The school said they can’t stop them from coming up there to buy yearbooks.  They can’t stop them from going to her public events. So I’m looking for something that will.  

33 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm a criminal lawyer actually, but I've worked in family law before.   I'll help if I can!

Thank you!! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Oh I thought you were family law because I remember a few posts you wrote about deadbeat dads and their bimbo girlfriends who don’t seem to care their boyfriends won’t pay child support (to the ex girlfriend). But thanks for responding to my tag! 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2018 at 4:01 PM, Maharincess said:

@Mkay, I hope you're out getting some good news today. 

I'm such an idiot, I'm trying to take my mind off of stuff so, for the first time since December 29th 1995, I drank alcohol. I got so damn drunk (from half a bottle of wine) and I'm sure feeling it today.  People say that hey drink to forget, but you don't forget, the alcohol just makes it much, much worse. 

I’m ok. Still trying to figure out what I can do.  I hope you are okay. 

• Love 5

Shit we done fucked up and we've lost Leah's thread Giant Misfit is trying to fix it. Fit it Jesus cuz we can not recreate the love and snark of it.

Fucked up cold here. I'm down to watching all the stupid shit on my DVR. And getting majorly buzzed. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, druzy said:

@FairyDusted Happy Birthday my sweet friend!

88402.gif

3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Happy Birthday Fairy Dusted!! Hope you enjoy a nice, big, celebration fattie?????

Thank you my Friends! Ya'll are my favorite forum buds. I don't feel even a lil bad lighting up year old posts on other forums. Who else can I let know I'm watching the same shit shows?!

I got these cool new papers for the PPP club. You know weed comes with filter tips now?! Oh and I ate a batch of adult cookies. That's how I spent my special day. LOL!  

• Love 7

May I ask for a bit of advice or is that considered off topic? I don't see an off topic board so I hope it's within the rules to ask here.  I don't post much but I read this part of of site more than any other so I feel like I "know" you all better than any other thread. 

Ok, here's my question.  I've adopted a family for the holidays, the family has mom, 2 boys and 2 girls, the dad died in a car accident in 2015.  I've received wish lists for the kids but mom insists she doesn't want anything.  Along with a few ideas I have for her I'm thinking of putting together a household type basket for her. I'll get a nice basket and I want to add stuff that we can all use new of, but don't often buy for ourselves.  My problem is that I'm not at all creative so aside from kitchen towels/dish cloths and maybe some candles, I'm out of ideas.  My I ask what you ladies would want in such a basket?  I just want to fill it with useful things and maybe a fun item or two.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

@Talky Tina that is so nice of you! I personally would like something like a gift certificate for a massage or a mani/pedi and maybe something for childcare. I'm not sure if that is something she would be interested in. Good luck! HUGS!!

Thanks!!  I'm going to do gift cards like that but I also wanted to make up the basket for the mother,  I'm just not creative enough to think of what should go inside.  I'm retired and living my dream life, I have no kids of my own to spoil for Christmas so I'm adopting a few this year.  It's so fun to buy for the kids, I'm probably going to go a bit overboard.  The kids are 5, 7, 10 and 12, I have been on Amazon looking at things in their lists and I think this will be a blast. Of course their two kitties will also get presents. 

Edited by Talky Tina
  • Love 5
Just now, Talky Tina said:

Thanks!!  I'm going to do gift cards like that but I also wanted to make up the basket for the mother,  I'm just not creative enough to think of what should go inside.  I'm retired and living my dream life, I have no kids of my own to spoil for Christmas so I'm adopting a few this year.  It's so fun to buy for the kids, I'm probably going to go a bit overboard.  The kids are 4, 7, 10 and 12, I have been on Amazon looking at things in their lists and I think this will be a blast. Of course their two kitties will also get presents. 

That is awesome! Yes doing something like this is fun. Best of luck to you!

• Love 5