Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast of the Show

Separate topics about each cast member seems like it might not get enough posts per, so lets try one catchall just to discuss the cast in general.

For example, did you know that Ivonne Coll (Jane's grandmother) used to look like this:

2ti4Ibc.jpg

yolanda.jpg?w=577

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5

Separate topics about each cast member seems like it might not get enough posts per, so lets try one catchall just to discuss the cast in general.

For example, did you know that Ivonne Coll (Jane's grandmother) used to look like this:

2ti4Ibc.jpg

yolanda.jpg?w=577

She was a Puerto Rican beauty queen, actually. She was Miss Puerto Rico, participated in Miss Universe representing PR in 1967.

I think she has been working steadily since then, first in PR and then in US. 

Just rewatched the Flashpoint episode "Run, Jamie, Run" for the first time since starting to watch Jane the Virgin, and it confirms my belief that Brett Dier is an awesome actor. Seriously awesome. (He plays a seventeen year old Robin Hood-esque bandit... very different from his role as Michael.)

• Love 2

I don't know many telenovelas, but Jaime Camil (Rogelio) is screamingly funny as the male lead in La fea mas bella (the Mexican version of the Colombian telenovela on which the American TV show Ugly Betty was based). There's one bit where he learns some particularly shocking bit of information, and his :O expression of astonishment is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

Brett Dier to Star in CBS Comedy Pilot History of Them
http://tvline.com/2018/01/24/brett-dier-cast-history-of-them-cbs-comedy-pilot/

The multi-cultural project recounts how two friends, Luna (South Beach‘s Ana Villafañe) and Adam (Dier), met and fell in love, using the couple’s social-media profiles as a guide. Adam is described as an adorable and slightly nerdy web cartoonist who is determined to sow his oats before getting into his next long-term relationship.

Gloria Calderon-Kellett (Netflix’s One Day at a Time reboot) penned the pilot, which will be directed by Pamela Fryman (How I Met Your Mother).