Type keyword(s) to search

Casting: News & Wishlist

Athena
  • Start Topic

Maybe we'll get subtitles for the French since both Claire and Jamie speak it? If I understood correctly, the unsubtitled stuff this season was because we were supposed to be in Claire's POV and she didn't understand it. Though that doesn't explain the scene between Murtagh and Jamie in the finale...hmm.

Is there anyone else big name that we're waiting on other than Bree and Roger? I don't remember DiA very well.

So, the actress that was cast for Mary Hawkins, how old is she? Is she really going to have to pass for a 15 year old? I guess they might age her up a bit, considering what happens to her. I was kind of hoping we didn't have to get as many gory details this next season and since the victims are all minors, I was hoping they would leave it up to us to fill in the blanks. But at least Fergus will be as young as he is supposed to be so maybe we'll be spared some of it.

(edited)

Yeah, I can't believe they would actually show what happens to Fergus - even with a stand-in/body double.  That would be morally gross and I'm sure they would lose viewers if they did that.  I know something has to motivate Jamie's challenge to BJR, so it is possible that the show could get there another way and skip the Fergus stuff altogether.

So no word on the casting of Alex yet, right?

ETA:  I remember reading some interview with RDM in which he said that they would be using subtitles for the French - of course, I can't remember where exactly I read that.

Edited by chocolatetruffle
(edited)

I can't even remember this character. I won't post the actual headline since it has a spoiler in it.

Margaux Chatelier has joined the cast as Annalise de Marillac

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/12/margaux-chatelier-outlander-season-2?hootPostID=10efe099e678f64c47d79edc2b188cae

Nidratime I think this is the woman who...

Jamie fights a duel over during his first years in France.  Later she turns up as the object of Prince Charles' affections.  I think her name was different in the book though.

Unless this is another ex that wasn't in the book.

ETA:  Thanks GHScorpiosRule for clearing that up.  It's been a while since I read it and there are A LOT of women at court who are enamored of Jamie.

Edited by chocolatetruffle

chocolatetruffle is right except that

Annalise is only seen again in Dragonfly, and Claire remarks how teeny tiny she is. Annalise flirts with Jamie...and I recall that he dances with her, and Claire's all jealous...but it's Louise who is Charles' lover, who gets pregnant by him. And then who has to have sex with her husband, so she can pass the babe as her husband's. I don't think Louise and Charles ever reconciled after that.

In this article, which talks about the same young lady above, who is joining the cast, there's mention of another actor who's playing another role. The article does go into a general synopsis of what Season 2 is about, so if you're avoiding that be warned.

Here's the relevant part:

In keeping with the French theme, Marc Duret has been tapped to play Monsieur Joseph Duverney, the Minister of Finance to Louis XV.

http://www.eonline.com/news/666017/uh-oh-outlander-has-cast-jamie-s-ex-girlfrien

Nidratime that is a great page but it seems that Outlander in Italy has an extra character.  Who the heck is Zio Lamb (played by Prentis Hancock?  The only thing I can figure is that he was one of The Watch (he has a very craggy face and those Watch dudes all seemed to have been cast for their weathered faces) and I'm guessing that the reason he is highlighted on this page is that he is Italian or works a lot in Italian cinema/TV.

Nidratime that is a great page but it seems that Outlander in Italy has an extra character.  Who the heck is Zio Lamb (played by Prentis Hancock?  The only thing I can figure is that he was one of The Watch (he has a very craggy face and those Watch dudes all seemed to have been cast for their weathered faces) and I'm guessing that the reason he is highlighted on this page is that he is Italian or works a lot in Italian cinema/TV.

According to imdb, he plays Uncle Lamb.

(edited)

Oh!  Thank you.  I couldn't find him in IMDb.  So Uncle Lamb's first name is "Zio."  Who knew?

ETA:

That's Uncle Lamb. Is Zio uncle in Italian?

Oh that makes even more sense.

Edited by WatchrTina

I'm struck by how sexy Steven Cree looks. I barely recognize him as Ian, whom I found kind of ordinary looking and more sweet than sexy. Tracy Wilkinson looks like Mrs. Graham would have looked if she used retinol.

Why these things surprise me is a mystery. I have to keep reminding myself they're actors. Sam Heughan's a good looking guy, but I don't find him that attractive in modern dress and blond hair. He's too clean cut and conventionally handsome -- your garden variety TV leading man. But with red hair, a Highland accent, and a kilt, my, my, my.

• Love 1

That lists includes characters from season one.  Didn't we see Uncle Lamb in a flashback early in season one?

Yup. He was in the very first episode.

That's Uncle Lamb. Is Zio uncle in Italian?

By the way, this is a cool casting blog as well:

Deep Dive into Outlander Casting News

http://thats-normal.com/2015/06/deep-dive-outlander-casting-news/

I read the article and the movie preview they had to show the St. Germain guy looked cute, so I just watched it. Very funny. He's super hot. Can't wait for season 2 to come out now, I think the casting choices have been great.

(edited)

Just saw this on twitter. Obviously, it's not solid.

@OutlanderDaily Nothing confirmed, but we're hearing there's a casting rumor that Laurence Dobiesz may play Alex Randall. We'll keep you updated.

I've never heard of this actor. Here's his twitter page:

https://twitter.com/laurencedobiesz

Here's a nice photo to help with the comparisons to one of our current cast members:

Edited by Nidratime
(edited)

The Outlander twitter feed confirmed that Laurence Dobiesz is Alex.

ETA to remove link to the Wrap article Nidratime pointed to above.

Edited by AD55
(edited)

Wow, that's close for "Alex." I'm glad they found the doppelganger.  They must have gone through stacks and stacks of head shots.  I'm looking forward to far in the future when they find

adult William.

Edited by Glaze Crazy
  • Love 2

I thought I would share this:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/outlander-season-2-filming-updates-and.html

SpoilerTv Robert Fruin is putting everything season 2 related in one post.  Also, you can submit things for him to add if something is missing.  And check out some of his reviews on the site, I really like what he has to say.

Thanks for this.  He has the first pictures that I've seen of Jared Fraser on set and he looks really good - I know it's a cliche but "exactly like I pictured him." 

(edited)

Mother Hildegarde has been cast . . . perfectly! It's Francis de la Tour -- Madame Maxime from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209428/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

That link is to her IMDb page, which has not been updated to reflect Outlander yet, but it's all over Twitter from reliable sources.

This show really needs to win the Emmy for casting. They get everything right.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a suggestion for Roger.  Is anyone watching "The Crimson Field" on BBC America?  (If not, you should be.)  Anyway, there is a handsome young surgeon on the show who is a Scot.  He plays one-half of what I am sure will be the shows One True Pairing (though they are still at the Unresolved Sexual Tension and Keeping Secrets stage of the courtship.)  His name is Richard Rankin.  I humbly suggest him for Roger.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm591777024/nm3044664?ref_=nmmd_md_nxt

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 2

I have a suggestion for Roger.  Is anyone watching "The Crimson Field" on BBC America?  (If not, you should be.)  Anyway, there is a handsome young surgeon on the show who is a Scot.  He plays one-half of what I am sure will be the shows One True Pairing (though they are still at the Unresolved Sexual Tension and Keeping Secrets stage of the courtship.)  His name is Richard Rankin.  I humbly suggest him for Roger.

WatchrTina-Great minds think alike, I was JUST about to post that Richard Rankin would be perfect for Roger!  I googled him and found a recent article where he talks about how he would love to be a part of Outlander.   And his accent is just as strong as when he's on Crimson Field.  I LOVE his storyline with Kitty but sadly the show did not get renewed in the UK so the 6 episodes are all we are gonna get  :(

• Love 1

Summer The casting director for Outlander is @SuzanneSmithCDG on twitter.  And Keeta that is a very good question that I did not stop to consider.  I really want a very tall Brianna (taller than Claire at least) so Roger will need to be at least as tall as her.  Richard Rankin's height is not listed in IMDb  but he's playing opposite Oona Chaplin in The Crimson Field and she's listed at 5'7".  I don't recall him looking short in comparison to her so, that's hopeful.

Thanks Liser78.  I didn't realize he was already much-discussed as a potential Roger.  And he's 6 feet tall (yay!)

Excellent! I was wondering if he'd be too short. I only watched the first episode of The Crimson Field so far, and couldn't recall how tall he seemed.

Rankin is the only one of those men that I can actually see as Roger.

I don't know any of these men but I agree that Rankin fits as how I picture Roger. This is strange for me because I usually don't picture anyone in roles.

• Love 1

I'm having second thought about Rankin.  He's only a couple of years younger than Sam.  We might be better off with an actor in his 20s so that the age difference between 20-something Roger and 40-something Jamie (played by 30-something Sam) will be more credible.

I didn't realize Richard Madden was scottish until I did a google search for young scottish actors.  I didn't think I'd ever be able to see him as anyone but Robb Stark, but he charmed the pants off me in Cinderella.  He has a good mix of charming and brooding.  He's not super tall, coming in just under 6 feet, but frankly that doesn't really bother me.  A) Roger's height isn't ever really a plot point that I can remember, and those kind of details really don't matter to me that much, and B) Robert Downey Jr is practically a hobit compared to some of his coworkers and yet Tony Stark is always the same height as the other Avengers - filming for screen allows cheats.  It would be amusing if his next big television roll after Game of Thrones was on Outlander, given the friendship between the authors and the comparisons between the two shows critics keep writing.  

• Love 1

If you watch the new live action Cinderella, Madden plays Prince Charming.

He definitely looks much younger than he ever did in GOT. And I think the way Outlander is filmed they try to make Jaime look younger than Sam actually is.

I think casting an actor with an iconic role already under his belt would be a mistake - thus Cavill and Madden would be out for me. Rankin seems a lovely choice, and I would certainly not kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

• Love 2

The good thing about Madden though, is that while a lot of people see the story as belonging to Jamie and Claire, Roger and Bri take the lead for a good long time. Madden could carry that and bring fans as well.