Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, tri4335 said:

That pic seems like a total rip off of Sarah Connor in T2 Judgement Day - the bed flipped up to do pull ups and a tank top to show off killer arms. There is too much stuff in the room to be a jail but she still seems locked down in some manner so I'm going with mental institution. Perhaps like Sarah Conner she has some insights into the future and has been training for the final battle but everyone just thinks she is crazy.

I had that Sarah Connor thought too. It's also a ripoff of the Author AU, with Emma being locked up alone and Henry coming to rescue her. (Alas, without a version of Hook in this case.)

Jeez, the forum had a spasm. No clue how that many identical quotes and replies ended up in the same post!!

This two-part finale sounds as craptastic as the S5 finale already. The writers definitely did not decide to write up a conclusion until they realized the show might be cancelled. The past six years have not led up to some holy grail of an ending. A&E are going to act like they've had it planned from the get-go, and that it's the perfect resolution for all their characters. Nope, nope, nope.

• Love 5

Honestly! You're going to tell me that the six years have led up to a 2-hour episode where Emma is in a mental institution and her parents, Hook, & Regina spin their wheels in the EF for 90% of it trying to get back to SB. YAWN. Why not an epic battle or adventure that includes everyone? I mean Emma is probably my favorite character, but I'm not happy that it feels like no one else even has a role in this "final battle." 

• Love 5

The only thing I'll say about that new photo posted in Spoilers Only is this: the makeup looks much better in natural light. If they use the same light for the episode then Emma's face will be lovely. The dress and headpiece, on the other hand, end up looking WORSE. Emma looks like she's preparing to join the nunnery not getting married. 

• Love 1

I agree, the makeup does look less harsh in the Leanne photo. I even don't mind the top half of the dress (the skirt remains boring and plain, and why make it strapless only to add a an embroidery layer on top?). And that belt thingy... maybe it would have looked more striking or original in a different color? 

Why am I trying to convince myself? Is this dress Strockholm Syndroming me?

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

The only thing I'll say about that new photo posted in Spoilers Only is this: the makeup looks much better in natural light. If they use the same light for the episode then Emma's face will be lovely. The dress and headpiece, on the other hand, end up looking WORSE. Emma looks like she's preparing to join the nunnery not getting married. 

I agree that lighting, camera angle and movement may make this dress look so much better. Having ranted up thread about Ginny's coat, it really played much better in episode. Her outfit this week was so much better than I thought it would be and one of the better ones she has worn in the show since becoming a mother.  It was no where near awesome but had a flattering cut and didn't make her look dowdy.  It was very typical I'm a mom doing errands today but was a step up from what they've been dressing her in previously. 

I had to laugh at Zelena giving up her magic and how oh so sad it was considering we know from finale filming that she gets it back. Not that I would ever doubt it without the spoilers, but it made the moment less meaningful. No consequences ought to be the motto of this show.

• Love 1
On 4/23/2017 at 9:15 AM, sharky said:

I actually think the Grace Kelly comparison works for Emma. She's always worn this red leather jacket and has been the girl who grew up alone. Now, she's finally let her walls down, let someone in. She's marrying someone she loves, which is something I don't think she ever expected she would have for herself.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the movies, books, biographies, etc. that have shown Grace Kelly's marriage to the Prince as a sham. That while she was shown to the public as content and in love, in reality, she was miserable and humilated and wanted to leave him, but couldn't for fear of losing her children. She left Rainier for a few years to "oversee" her kids' education at some international boarding school. And she wanted to go back to Hollywood but again, couldn't. She was trapped.

Strange choice for a "fairytale wedding" to aspire to. Even if it's all speculation based on third-party accounts, it's still a bit surprising.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I had to laugh at Zelena giving up her magic and how oh so sad it was considering we know from finale filming that she gets it back. Not that I would ever doubt it without the spoilers, but it made the moment less meaningful. No consequences ought to be the motto of this show.

It does make Zelena running over the BF with a car a lot funnier, though.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Souris said:

The Black Fairy press release.

So no doubt "Fiona" was just trying to prevent Rumple's destiny to be the Dark One. Sigh.

Is Blue his Fairy Godmother??? Or probably Tiger Lily, since we know she filmed with Fiona and baby Rumple.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Souris said:

So no doubt "Fiona" was just trying to prevent Rumple's destiny to be the Dark One. Sigh.

And yet she somehow managed to invent dark magic, centuries after Nimue became the first Dark One. And trying to save her son turned her into the worst evil that ever evilled and gave her no choice but to live the way she's lived. Ugh. I'm actually kind of hoping the show gets canceled because I just can't with it anymore.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Souris said:

The Black Fairy press release.

Have we ever had another press release that only mentions one main character? I know a lot of people have speculated that Rumple will ultimately make a sacrifice for his son and die killing the Black Fairy. Do people still think that's the case or will the Black Fairy's humanity kick in at the last minute with her sacrificing herself? 

7 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

But the singing in the EF makes no sense with my theory.

Yes this is the part that's confusing me. They say that it's directly tied to Emma so I figured that maybe her magic went awry and caused everyone to sing and dance (which would still be a better reason for a musical than the Flash had) but how would that make them sing and dance 30 years ago?

• Love 1

Oh, and the misspelling of "dilemma" is in the original ABC press release. Ouch.

Looks like BF glamours herself as Snow and takes Blue and the wand. And Gideon is glamoured as David, too.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Stephen Lord as Malcolm

OK, at least we've got one good thing in this episode.

I know a lot of people have speculated that Rumple will ultimately make a sacrifice for his son and die killing the Black Fairy. Do people still think that's the case or will the Black Fairy's humanity kick in at the last minute with her sacrificing herself? 

I think he'll sacrifice himself to save his son, but I don't think he'll kill the Black Fairy.  They're on the same side in the finale.

Edited by Inquirer

Where does it say she was a human?

She is a peasant living in a village, as evident by the clothing she wears. Fairies are not allowed to fall in love, so having a baby would probably cut her off from fairy godmothers. Although, I am wondering who this "Peasant Mother" is.

Edited by KingOfHearts
2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

She is a peasant living in a village, as evident by the clothing she wears. Fairies are not allowed to fall in love, so having a baby would probably cut her off from fairy godmothers. Although, I am wondering who this "Peasant Mother" is.

Oh. I wonder how she became a fairy then?

I've been trying to make sense of the musical given the spoilers of Hook and EQ singing in the EF, and also why E&H decide to move forward with their wedding after postponing it in 6x18. A&E said the reason for the singing is related to Emma. So I think the entire episode is about helping Emma prepare for the Final Battle. For some reason everyone is revisiting a point in their past - maybe something tangentially related to Emma - and that is somehow helping her gain strength or something? Maybe the title "The song in your heart" is a clue that music will strengthen her heart? In terms of the wedding, I think they definitely enter into it knowing that the curse is coming and that they will be separated, but perhaps by marrying her true love, it will somehow give Emma strength or something. Sorry this isn't coming across very clearly, but I just think that somehow they know what they're doing and it's all in service of helping Emma prepare and get stronger.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

It does make Zelena running over the BF with a car a lot funnier, though.

Zelena runs over Black with her car?!? Bwhahahahahaha.

This is the first spoiler I've been legit excited about in years.

At least Zelena isnt just sitting around waiting for The Final Battle ^TM to begin and is actually doing shit, even if it's fucking nuts as per usual.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Souris said:

Speculation, probably not correct, or at least not completely correct: Rumple was prophesied to be the worst evil in the lands and be defeated by the Savior, so she became the worst evil in the lands instead. In the finale this is reversed and Rumple is the figure under the hood.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

The clothing she wears in what? She isn't wearing peasant clothing in any of the promo pics, and in the trailer you can't see any of her clothing when she's holding baby Rumple.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
11 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

The clothing she wears in what? She isn't wearing peasant clothing in any of the promo pics, and in the trailer you can't see any of her clothing when she's holding baby Rumple.

I can see her clothing in the promo.

I'm wondering if they're being all cagey with the final battle not really being a battle meaning that Emma actually has to allow the prophecy to come true. All of these people have actively tried to change their fate and in doing so, it made whatever was prophesied come true. The true battle would be in knowing you would die and accepting your fate or some such nonsense which actually changes the outcome because you believe love conquers all. It's this show, so it's pretty much guaranteed to not make any sense and be resolved in a really random manner.

• Love 4

It seems like the BF is going to cast her curse and that means she sets the rules for the cursed world and its inhabitants...so any guesses what that would be??

- sends SB the town to the EF..so there in the middle of the Infinite Forest is this completely out of place town 

- sends the SB people she doesn't want back to the EF and wipes out all of their cursed personas..resetting them to their purely original selves

- traps them in a book or the Dark Realm

- traps each of them in their worst nightmares where they are the worst versions of themselves

-that photo of Emma doing her Sarah Connor impression.....BF has adapted to technology and traps people in Netflix...!

The people sent back to the EF likely have their memories. Hook is wearing his wedding band but his clothes were transformed so I suspect they all need to miss Emma and Henry in order to be properly tortured. If they were being reset then Hook's rings would have also transformed. Perhaps they all have to accept Storybrooke as home this time, they have to just "miss it" like Emma learned in 3B. Charming does still romanticize the EF.

Emma is in some kind of prison or more likely mental institution. Now, does she remember? Probably only thinks she hallucinated the last few years and Henry's job is to make her believe, again, since this season is all about retreading things they've already overcome.

Perhaps in the real world, perhaps in another cursed town where she meets new guy and he's another savior to another realm. 

That cell doesn't look like the rooms below Storybrooke hospital. Big window, not a cellar.

I wonder if the mental institution/Sarah Connor thing is related to the musical -- the spell Emma is under makes her think she's in an institution (or maybe she's really been sent to one?) and that none of this stuff really happened. She's just hallucinating the fact that her mother is Snow White and she married Captain Hook. But Emma refuses to buy that. The next step is to make it all so outrageous that she has to believe it's crazy, and so all her thoughts of her family and loved ones become musical numbers.

19 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Ugh. I'm actually kind of hoping the show gets canceled because I just can't with it anymore.

Unfortunately I am feeling this way...I stuck it out this far..let's just get the damn thing over with and move on so I don't have to watch this really badly written show anymore.  That does not bode well for whatever spin off they think they are going to get people to watch...( I refuse to watch..fool me once...)

I never felt this way even during the last, and worst season  of Buffy, which spinned its wheels and introduced stupid new characters..("Hey everyone here are the Slayeretts!" ) but as it move to the last episode you really started to get a feeling that a "Final Battle" was going to take place..and it did.

14 hours ago, Tiger said:

At least Zelena isnt just sitting around waiting for The Final Battle ^TM to begin and is actually doing shit, even if it's fucking nuts as per usual.

I love that finally someone is DOING SOMETHING..and using kinda technology to do it...(no one has trained a sharp shooter in SB yet? No one has gotten their hands on a taser to zap someone before they raise their arms?? Dyanamite the damn tunnels?)   "Oh there's the BF do I wait for someone with magic, hell no, let's run the b*tch down and find the nearest car wash"  And she is doing it in typical Zelena..Crazy Ex Girlfriend way.

• Love 3

I was still looking for next episode but the press release just completely put me off. Just another sob story and too much Rumple family drama. 

The last A and E interview confirm that the new characters will be the central role in the spin off just reaffirmed that Once original will be over very soon. In fact I will probably took the wedding musical has the end. I just not care that much for the final. 

I am happy about Emma been in central in it but cs should be together for the final battle and everyone should have been involved too.

But, it look like another Henry Emma or Regina(here Emma) and Rumple final similar to 4-5 final. I still hope they kill Rumple but I am not sure they have the courage. 

9 minutes ago, maryle said:

I still hope they kill Rumple but I am not sure they have the courage. 

They have to kill someone actually must sooner...to convince us that the BF means business, and it is has to be a character that's been there and it has to be "real" ...no going to Hades and coming back or the usual b.s. I hate to say it but I want to see Granny go out in a blaze of glory defending the kids from being grabbed by the EF. I don't want a typical villain freezes an an enemy or a boring heart pulled out, I want to see Granny taking slice off of the BF with one of her knives and chasing her away, and then she has heart attack (wow someone dying a natural death on this show...) in the process... BF..."That old COW had a lot of fight in her...finally someone I can respect..." So Granny dies fighting her but injures her enough that Emma can take advantage of the BF during her fight.

They will never have the balls do something new and interesting.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

he's just hallucinating the fact that her mother is Snow White and she married Captain Hook. But Emma refuses to buy that. The next step is to make it all so outrageous that she has to believe it's crazy, and so all her thoughts of her family and loved ones become musical numbers.

I do think whatever happens in the musical episode is related to the finale. I noticed that in the super brief promo for the musical, Snow & Charming are in the pirate tavern where Hook is singing. The outfit Snow has on there is the same one she's wearing in filming spoilers from the EF portion of the finale. Perhaps during the musical they have to revisit their pasts in some way and then when the curse is cast they actually return to that point in their pasts. This would explain why Hook filmed in his pirate clothes, Regina in EQ garb, Zelena in her witch dress and Snow in her long white jacket/tan pants combo. What it doesn't explain is why Hook is still wearing his wedding ring in the EF and is apparently working with Snow & Jasmine. This makes me think they have their memories, but were just thrown back into the EF wearing their signature clothes? All I know is that its yet another finale with the group separated and Hook & the Charmings trying to get back to her is just so repetitive and not something I'm remotely interested in.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I looked at the trailer here (http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/once-upon-time-episode-619-black-fairy.html) and paused it. Her clothes aren't visible in that scene, just her face, her hand, and the blanket baby Rumple is in.

I can see her shoulder/arm in one of the shots.

That Rumpbelle script tease is as bad as Hook asking, "Bigger?" or Rumple talking about his "toys".

Edited by KingOfHearts
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

I can see her shoulder/arm in one of the shots.

That Rumpbelle script tease is as bad as Hook asking, "Bigger?" or Rumple talking about his "toys".

That's the baby's right arm. All the fabric visible is part of the baby's blanket. She probably will be a peasant anyway, though.

I hate meaningless script teases.

From those ep stills it looks like BF and Gideon pose as Snowing so they can take Blue.

From katman's tumblr:

It may be that BF used to be Yellow..

And:

Anon wrote:

I guess the BF has been perfecting the curse to get rid of the 'Heart of the thing you love most' requirement so she may not use anybody's heart.

Katman replied: Exactly

Interpret as you see fit.

If it is true...seems pretty watered down. There would to be some high cost or any that curse could be cast by all sorts of cranky magical individuals with an axe to grind.

Edited by PixiePaws1
More info

I've got a theory, (about the musical) , some kid is dreaming (Henry), and they're all stuck inside his wacky Broadway nightmare.

(sorrynotsorry)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Watt said:

I've got a theory, (about the musical) , some kid is dreaming (Henry), and they're all stuck inside his wacky Broadway nightmare.

(sorrynotsorry)

It could be witches. Some evil witches. Which is ridiculous because witches they were persecuted . . .

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Souris said:

Aren't they Flora, Fauna and Merriweather?

I have never been more grateful that A&E aren't interested in the Sleeping Beauty story. I shudder to think how they could have screwed them up in favor of Mal or Regina. 

• Love 3

I was looking on the IMDB page for 6x20 and an episode description is already up:

"This is the special Musical Episode of Once Upon A Time. Its's Emma and Hook's big day but what happens when Emma starts too get worried about being a good wife, so will she try to pull out of the wedding last minute?"

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but Emma getting cold feet doesn't sound like something she would do in my opinion.