Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

This has been the longest hiatus ever.

For me the season 3 winter hiatus was the longest. What with the rumor of a permanent death of a regular character. That was the toughest hiatus in my mind.

• Love 2

Shall we play guess who/what?

♦ The premiere kicks off with one of the series’ most powerful and emotional cold opens ever, doing justice to storylines past and present.

Emma seeing Hook's grave?

♦ The episode is quite Regina-centric, from both her current-day conundrum in the Underworld (Mayor Cora lays out a rather grim ground rule) to flashbacks of one of her birthdays, where a surprising someone sets out to gift-wrap for the Evil Queen the only thing she desires.

Grim Ground Rule: Nobody can leave without somebody staying or there is only so much time before they have to stay permanently?

Gift: Get out of dance lessons free card from her Dad?

♦ A case of mistaken identity leaves one of the heroes a bit flustered.

Snow mistakes James for David?

♦ Fitting for the milestone episode, a character whom we first met in the series pilot and who has not been seen in a while resurfaces when you last expect — to great comedic effect.

No clue. Archie?

♦ Under the oversight of the Blind Witch, the menu at Underworld Granny’s now offers gingerbread… and children :-O

:-( Nobody is going to be joking about Grannie's lasagne after that.

♦ A first meeting between two characters just may leave you a bit misty.

Hook and Emma? Probably not. Cora and Regina, then.

♦ Seeing the key to Room 8 tees up a sweet moment between Henry and Emma.

Eh? Was that Neal's room at Grannies?

♦ Freshly deceased Hook has seen better days.

Does he have to claw....er...hook himself out of his grave?

♦ “Chip” puts in an appearance, sparking a flashback to a “lost” scene between Rumple and Belle.

We know that one from the pictures. He's in Pan's shop.

♦ By the end of the hour, one character will experience an extreme reversal of fortune.

No clue. 

Edited by kili

The last one: Hook is the reversal of fortune, because he has "seen better days" throughout the episode, but at the end Hades goes and offers him a deal of some kind, and he becomes his second in command or similar. That goes back to the tease from Colin about It being "surprising".

The premiere kicks off with one of the series’ most powerful and emotional cold opens ever, doing justice to storylines past and present.

Neal's Warning... sounds very fitting.

The episode is quite Regina-centric, from both her current-day conundrum in the Underworld (Mayor Cora lays out a rather grim ground rule) to flashbacks of one of her birthdays, where a surprising someone sets out to gift-wrap for the Evil Queen the only thing she desires.

The ground rule could potentially raise the bar on urgency and peril. Hopefully it takes great effect on the dangers of the Underworld and constantly preys on the minds of our heroes. For the flashback: someone attempts to assassinate Snow and fails. The End.

Grim Ground Rule: Nobody can leave without somebody staying or there is only so much time before they have to stay permanently?

If it's that, I'm sure they'll find a way around it. They did with the Fury, after all... I honestly don't take death seriously on this show.

Fitting for the milestone episode, a character whom we first met in the series pilot and who has not been seen in a while resurfaces when you last expect — to great comedic effect.

This is a longshot, but... what if it's the guy Emma was trying to catch in the restaurant? Reviewing the wording, I'm starting to think it's someone who has appeared since the Pilot. Maybe someone who died?

A first meeting between two characters just may leave you a bit misty.

Rumple and Pan?

Seeing the key to Room 8 tees up a sweet moment between Henry and Emma.

Is it the room Emma stayed in the pilot?

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm flipping through the pilot now, since I'm bored.  As for characters we were introduced to in the pilot whom we haven't seen in awhile, I wonder if it's Graham's wolf.  That could be a nice way to call back to that character without being able to get the actor, and animal shenanigans can be pretty funny.  

Oh, and it doesn't show up until the next ep, but Emma's room number is 4.  

• Love 1

"First meeting" sounds like an actual first meeting, so I'll guess Henry and Henry Sr., even though I doubt it'll leave me misty-eyed because Regina named him after the father she MURDERED.

It makes sense, being a first meeting. Unless it's some of the other wack-a-doodle options:

Emma meets James.

Robin meets Cora.

Snow White meets the Blind Witch.

Take your pick.

Of course Hook is going to suffer more. Of course.

Reversal of fortune could refer to him, or possiby one of the other dead characters? Maybe? We don't know if that reversal of fortune will last more than an episode or something like that. Maybe Hades wants out of the underworld and it's a stroke of luck that these people have come barging into his territory. This is A&E we're talking about.

Someone from the pilot? What constitutes as a "hasn't been seen in quite a while?"

Archie, Graham (not happening, face it), Marco, one of the unnamed characters? Basically everyone in the pilot has shown up at least once in season 4, so it hasn't been too long since we've last seen them (at least by this show's standards).

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Hook and Emma? Probably not. Cora and Regina, then.

When do Liam and/or Milah appear?

Emma meeting Hooks brother or neils mother/hooks ex could be emotional.

Not that I think it's going to happen but if they were able to get Jamie Doran and the character we haven't seen in a while is Graham and they were able to keep it quiet I would be impressed.

Edited by shoregirl

For me the season 3 winter hiatus was the longest. What with the rumor of a permanent death of a regular character. That was the toughest hiatus in my mind.

I sort of missed that excitement over who the death was and everyone freaking out about it, even though it was kind of obvious from me as someone who followed spoilers.

♦ The premiere kicks off with one of the series’ most powerful and emotional cold opens ever, doing justice to storylines past and present.
Neal's warning

♦ The episode is quite Regina-centric, from both her current-day conundrum in the Underworld (Mayor Cora lays out a rather grim ground rule) to flashbacks of one of her birthdays, where a surprising someone sets out to gift-wrap for the Evil Queen the only thing she desires.

Grim Ground Rule: Don't eat anything
Gift: Daddy probably tried to gift her Snow White's head on a platter or something

♦ A case of mistaken identity leaves one of the heroes a bit flustered.

James, I hope!

♦ Fitting for the milestone episode, a character whom we first met in the series pilot and who has not been seen in a while resurfaces when you last expect — to great comedic effect.

The Blind Witch
♦ Under the oversight of the Blind Witch, the menu at Underworld Granny’s now offers gingerbread… and children :-O

That's why they shouldn't eat anything!

Henrys I and II

♦ Seeing the key to Room 8 tees up a sweet moment between Henry and Emma.

I'm just happy that it looks like they'll explain the Hellbrooke sleeping arrangements this time, as they failed to do so in Camelot. Unless all their usual homes are available in the Underworld. 
♦ Freshly deceased Hook has seen better days.
Not surprising.

♦ “Chip” puts in an appearance, sparking a flashback to a “lost” scene between Rumple and Belle.

Will we get a Rumbelle flashback in between Regina flashbacks?

♦ By the end of the hour, one character will experience an extreme reversal of fortune.

I hope this doesn't mean Hook will go "bad."

Edited by InsertWordHere

As for characters we were introduced to in the pilot whom we haven't seen in awhile, I wonder if it's Graham's wolf.  That could be a nice way to call back to that character without being able to get the actor, and animal shenanigans can be pretty funny.

I would love if it was Graham's wolf and the shenanigans was it peeing on Regina's shoe/leg!  It is a Regina centric.

Bets on Regina apologizing to her father for selfishly MURDERING him?

Probably in the form of "I had to/I had no choice" ala Nealfire back in 3x15. Throw in a dash of "it was Snow's fault" and wala!

I'll kind of be mad if she does apologize, because we'll get it but we'll probably never get her apologizing for killing Snow's dad.

The fact that the episode is Regina's centric has reduced my interest another 20 points, so it's right now at -150.

“Chip” puts in an appearance, sparking a flashback to a “lost” scene between Rumple and Belle.

Will we get a Rumbelle flashback in between Regina flashbacks?

A dream come true!

• Love 1

I hope this doesn't mean Hook will go "bad."

Hook doesn't seem to be doing all that good in the Underworld, and "extremely reversal of fortune" suggests good to bad. 

I'm guessing it is Rumple. He probably finds out that he cannot use his Extreme D'Dew powers in the Underworld. That will get him to toe the line until the end of the arc, and his sudden and inevitable betrayal.

So Neal's warning will be something like "yo, I'm not down there because I'm just too chill to have unfinished business, but that Hades dude is hella shady, be careful", y/y?

Emma tries to talk to Hook using the potion she got from Pan, and Neal answers the phone. Wonderful. 

James and Charms (tying it in with the mistaken identity clue). But it's most likely Cora and Regina.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I'm guessing it is Rumple. He probably finds out that he cannot use his Extreme D'Dew powers in the Underworld. That will get him to toe the line until the end of the arc, and his sudden and inevitable betrayal.

But Rumple stops Gaston's arrow later...

The premiere kicks off with one of the series’ most powerful and emotional cold opens ever, doing justice to storylines past and present.

I like the theory that this somehow ties in with Neal's Warning.

The episode is quite Regina-centric, from both her current-day conundrum in the Underworld (Mayor Cora lays out a rather grim ground rule) to flashbacks of one of her birthdays, where a surprising someone sets out to gift-wrap for the Evil Queen the only thing she desires.

Grim Ground Rule: There will be consequences if they use magic. Rumple stopping the arrow will have a big impact on the storyline. Also, if they don't leave before the clock strikes 8:30, they're stuck there forever.

Gift: That random "Jane Stuart" character will try to gift wrap a dead Snow White as Regina's birthday gift.

A case of mistaken identity leaves one of the heroes a bit flustered.

Obviously James and Snow/Charming.

Fitting for the milestone episode, a character whom we first met in the series pilot and who has not been seen in a while resurfaces when you last expect — to great comedic effect.

Giancarlo Esposito is listed for this episode, so maybe it's Sidney.

A first meeting between two characters just may leave you a bit misty.

If it weren't for the word "first," I'd assume this would mean Regina and Cora. (Which, by the way, if I were Regina, I would not be happy to see Cora after everything she put Regina through...) But the word "first" probably means Henry and Henry.

Freshly deceased Hook has seen better days.

I'm guessing we're going to get some torture scenes. Honestly, bring it on. Pain builds character. Pain is karma for the hundreds of years of piracy and villainy. (At least one former villain will get some proper karma in the Underworld.)

“Chip” puts in an appearance, sparking a flashback to a “lost” scene between Rumple and Belle.

Maybe this will be the conversation Rumple has with Belle before he ditches her to go to the Underworld.

By the end of the hour, one character will experience an extreme reversal of fortune.

I'm thinking this might have to do with Zelena. She'll start the episode totally distraught after being flung to Oz, but will be given an opportunity by Hades that turns her luck around. But if this show had any justice (and seeing how this is a Regina-centric), it should be Regina. Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Sidney wasn't in the pilot, though.

Huh, why did I picture a "mirror mirror on the wall" scene in my head during the Pilot...

Whoever it is, I don't think IMDB is giving it away.

Huh, why did I picture a "mirror mirror on the wall" scene in my head during the Pilot...

He does debut in the second episode early on in the episode. They show the wedding crashing scene from the Pilot, then immediately follow with Regina poofing back to her castle and talking to Sidney. Could it be that the writer of the article forgot he's not in the Pilot?

Edited by KingOfHearts

If the Henrys meeting is supposed to make me misty eyed, it will be from tears of frustration. Hey daddy! Remember how I murdered you? Yeah, well as a reward for casting the curse, the Charming baby I tried to murder grew up alone and loveless and ultimately had no money or safety net when she found herself pregnant as a teenager. So I swept in and illegally adopted her child and now I have a new Henry! He loves me way more than you ever did. See how well your death worked out for me? Henry, meet your grandpa, without whom I never would have had you.

• Love 7

Yep. We're all-but-guaranteed an awkward scene where the family tree has to be explained between Milah and Emma, but there would be no awkwardness explaining Henry to Henry. It's classic REC. (I've acronymed "Regina Exception Clause" because I'm finding myself using that term a lot more.)

• Love 1

I'm thinking this might have to do with Zelena. She'll start the episode totally distraught after being flung to Oz, but will be given an opportunity by Hades that turns her luck around. 

This seems likely. Especially with that spoilers picture of Hades kissing Green-Green's hand that's floating around on tumblr. 

• Love 1

There's Emma's skip, Ryan, the one who told her she didn't know anything about family before she bashed his head in.

I doubt it because he was such a minor character, but still, he was in 1x01.

That's what I was thinking too, but the article says "we haven't seen them in a while", meaning they've been probably made an appearance since. (I would think.)

I am wondering if it was Rumple's "jailer" in the EF, when Snow and Charming go to see Rumpelstiltskin for advise. He was in the promo for the Dark Swan arc as well, where Emma crushed his heart. So technically he qualifies on both counts..

He was in the promo for the Dark Swan arc as well, where Emma crushed his heart.

LOL... most irrelevant promo ever.

I am wondering if it was Rumple's "jailer" in the EF, when Snow and Charming go to see Rumpelstiltskin for advise

Maybe he works at Underbrooke Police Station?

So Jen said that one of her favorite scenes is in the premiere and we'd know it when we saw it.  I'm thinking it has to be Emma reuniting with Hook after that heart breaker that was the mid season finale, but I also think it could be something like Henry meeting Henry.

I feel like the tidbits we're getting are dumb.  "Cruella's presence will be felt in the premiere"  duh, we already know her car drives by because of the promo.

• Love 1

It sounds from JMo's comments that Neal isn't in the underworld. Good. I have a feeling that he will act as sort of a narrator to review the series up to now while offering that warning that Mark Isham's post spoiled.

My guess on the character from the pilot who hasn't been seen in a long time is Graham's wolf. That might be their way of giving a nod to Graham while not being able to schedule/afford Jamie Dornan. If the Underworld existence maybe reflects their true self, then Graham might be there in the form of the wolf. Bonus that this gets them around having to address the fact that Regina raped and murdered him, since he won't be able to tell anyone about her having his heart.

Well maybe it's Henry and Neal meeting that will be the misty-eyes scene. Though it's not clear if Neal is going to be there in er... person, or they will just hear his voice. Ngl, the 100th episode opening with Emma having a chat with St. Neal is a bit of a downer, but I will try not to be annoyed. If Henry offers to share his heart with Neal, that will be a touching scene, and it would help Henry deal better with grief over his father's death.

So Jen said that one of her favorite scenes is in the premiere and we'd know it when we saw it.  I'm thinking it has to be Emma reuniting with Hook after that heart breaker that was the mid season finale, but I also think it could be something like Henry meeting Henry.

I actually think it could be the emotional Emma/Henry scene about "Room 8" or whatever. And Neal definitely appears at a warning ghost giving them some vague prophecy or whatever. I'm thinking they added the Neal scene later, because Jen didn't seem to be aware of it during the filming of the 100th episode.

• Love 3

That's what I'm thinking too. MRJ was obviously in Vancouver filming something so I wonder if he shows up later and more prominently for an episode in 5B and they filmed the 100th episode scene then as well rather than having him come to set at two different times.

“As far as I understand, Hades only has people that have unresolved issues. Neal died pretty resolved. He died a hero, he died knowing why he was dying and making that choice, and that didn’t involve taking on the Darkness. Hook took on all of the darkness of the Dark Ones in order to sacrifice himself, so that was clearly a choice that involved Darkness. As far as I understand, Neal’s death wouldn’t be considered wrapped up in Darkness in any way, so I guess that would mean he would go somewhere else. I don’t totally know.

Heh! Poor Jen. She sounds like us trying to explain this show's way-too-complicated plot. Well, you see...this and this thing happened in Season 3, and because of that we now have this character trying to steal power from this character...but that also means there's a new portal that allows Alien Vampire Bunnies into our world and...you know what? I don't even know. I give up.

I actually think it could be the emotional Emma/Henry scene about "Room 8" or whatever.

Maybe this is where Neal's Force Ghost appears and gives them a warning. It might be nice for Henry to have a moment with his father without the others present (except Emma of course). I don't think the episode will open with a conversation between Emma and Neal, in an arc about rescuing Hook. But who knows... 

I don't think the episode will open with a conversation between Emma and Neal, in an arc about rescuing Hook.

I don't know if they'll interact, but even if they do, I'm okay with some Emma and Neal conversation. I think they had enough closure to realize it wasn't going to work between them. A 100th episode Emma/Neal chat would probably sound a lot like a cordial, but slightly awkward, conversation between exes. They respect each other, they used to love each other, but there's no future there anymore. Neal was the one who purposely sent the dove's letter to Hook during the missing year, so he's not an idiot and knows that Emma/Hook was probably an inevitable thing.

• Love 1

Wouldn't saying goodbye to Henry be Neal's unfinished business? I wouldn't be surprised if they had a little scene and Neal warns everyone about Hades and how to get out and poofs away after saying goodbye to Henry.

I don't like Neal showing up just because he and Emma and Rumple were resolved. It's just a gimmick for the 100th episode. I would like to see him tell Snow and Charms they were dumb for naming the baby after him...

I'm only coping with the hiatus at this point by reading spoilers. So happy we're less than two weeks away from resuming our periodic doses of craziness. (Hopefully there will be a sneak peek or two before then!)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I'm only coping with the hiatus at this point by reading spoilers. So happy we're less than two weeks away from resuming our periodic doses of craziness. (Hopefully there will be a sneak peek or two before then!)

It's been such a long hiatus that it didn't even occur to me that we'd have sneak peeks again! Praise be. 

• Love 2

Guys, I've seen the ep. I found it utterly disappointing and underwhelming, especially for such a milestone ep. I won't give any major spoilers, but a few things:

*However much Regina you're expecting -- there's about three times as much.

*The ep starts with the Neal scene (he's in only one), and if you hate Swanfire, you'll REALLY hate the scene. I really hated the scene.

*Hook is in the ep for maybe three seconds.

*I think the reddish tint on Hellbrooke is gonna get really old if they keep it all arc.

*My favorite scene was Rumple/Pan. If that tells you anything.

*Hades doesn't like losing his "subjects."

• Love 9

*Hades doesn't like losing his "subjects"

Ah, this is what I suspected. I think Hades just wants control, which is why the Underworld exists.

Guys, I've seen the ep. I found it utterly disappointing and underwhelming, especially for such a milestone ep. I won't give any major spoilers, but a few things:

What did you think of the "ground rule" Cora tells Regina about?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Souris, you're one lucky duck!

So it's the Regina hour, eh? Looks like I'll need to double my wine intake this episode.

I actually liked Neal as a character, but I also find it annoying that the writers keep trying to make him look like a saint all the time posthumously. As long as the conversation between Emma and Neal has no romantic undertones, I'll take it. If you're fine with Emma and Neal as friends but nothing else, will the scene still be enjoyable?

And surprisingly, I'm okay with the gang not finding Hook right away. Instead of annoyingly resolving really big dilemmas in one episode (finding Emma in New York and bringing her back to Storybrooke, bringing Rumple back into Storybrooke after his banishment, finding Emma in Camelot, etc.), this gives the audience the feeling like this task is difficult. Of course, my enjoyment level will probably drop drastically without Hook on screen, but once they do find him, it will feel much more rewarding.

Edit: Totally forgot to say thank you Souris for the info! You rock!

Edited by Curio

What did you think of the "ground rule" Cora tells Regina about?

It makes sense. But one character is confident they can leave a different way.

So it' the Regina hour, eh? Looks like I'll need to double my wine intake this episode.

Triple. Quadruple.

As long as the conversation between Emma and Neal has no romantic undertones, I'll take it.

Sorry to say otherwise!

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1