Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Oh yeah!! See... it's not always gloom and doom and having too high expectations. ;-)  

That scene was even better than I hoped it would be! He stops being a survivor because he gave Emma the ring. "cries". Nice little hint about Hook's daddy.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 5

No wonder why Hooks so cocky when it comes to surviving.

Merlin creeping on Swan and Jones like that.

lmao got to crack up when Hook tells her to calm down and the fact he knows she's quoting Sonny and Cher

Edited by mjgchick

On the one hand... YAY!! A retcon that we've been begging so long for! (An explanation for why Hook seems to miraculously survive over and over.)

On the other hand... BOO!! Why couldn't the writers have subtly introduced that ring eons ago? They knew this big moment was coming up. Why couldn't Hook have taken one of the rings off his hand and tied it to a necklace?

• Love 5

On the one hand... YAY!! A retcon that we've been begging so long for! (An explanation for why Hook seems to miraculously survive over and over.)

On the other hand... BOO!! Why couldn't the writers have subtly introduced that ring eons ago? They knew this big moment was coming up. Why couldn't Hook have taken one of the rings off his hand and tied it to a necklace?

Could happen prior to this scene.

Why couldn't Hook have taken one of the rings off his hand and tied it to a necklace?

Why make something logical when you can retcon? 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 8

I was very skeptical about the spoilers for the sneak peek, so I was happily surprised. Even if they retconned the whole ring thing, I'm a happy camper. And like many of you, I'm sitting in my cubical at work, trying not to fangirl too much. :)

• Love 3

I love that Hook knows when Emma is quoting something. It's adorable. Speaking of:

"I'm working my way back to you babe with a burning love inside. Yeah I'm working my way back to you babe and the happiness that died."

That's gonna be Emma in Episode 100. 

• Love 7

The writers take 2 steps up and then takes 364950 steps back in the same scene. Lucky for them they have actors who cab work this wonky writing.

Emma's smile was huge. When was the last time we saw that from her?

The writers take 2 steps up and then takes 364950 steps back in the same scene. Lucky for them they have actors who cab work this wonky writing.

My boo boo is so happy, I’m going to cry buckets when she loses Hook.  Can they just get like a couple of months where they’re happy and boring and boinking repeatedly in between solving other people’s crises (no sacrificing themselves again!)?  My babies need a break.

But you know, that slow burn was so worth it.

And on a shallow note...they kiss pretty and Emma's hair is on fleek.

Edited by FierceAfroChick
  • Love 8

Just throwing this out there. Hook says about the ring he gives Emma, "It's the reason I'm alive. Or it could be. Who knows?" But you know which ring gets a lot more attention in that scene, including a sharpened focus from the camera? The fancy one with the flowers and the orange stone that's still on his hand. Maybe that's the reason Killian doesn't end up dead, dead and the reason they can, indeed, retrieve him from the UW. I should probably rewatch that scene again a few times to solidify this theory, though.

• Love 3

Just throwing this out there. Hook says about the ring he gives Emma, "It's the reason I'm alive. Or it could be. Who knows?" But you know which ring gets a lot more attention in that scene, including a sharpened focus from the camera? The fancy one with the flowers and the orange stone that's still on his hand. Maybe that's the reason Killian doesn't end up dead, dead and the reason they can, indeed, retrieve him from the UW. I should probably rewatch that scene again a few times to solidify this theory, though.

I get the feeling his father is the one that gave him that ring. Probably as protection against Hades.

• Love 1

The funny thing is, Hook's not wearing two chains in the diner sneak peek, which I presume takes place almost immediately before this one. So unless Hook goes and gets a chain from somewhere, it means the show just makes this heretofore unseen ring appear mid-episode. Unless it's one of those no one can see it unless they know about it deals. Not that I care. It's just the show's typical sloppiness. But speaking of the ring, I'm imagining Dark Emma reaching for it as a reminder that there's a smoldering pirate who loves her after Hook uses past tense on her in Storybrooke. And now I'm sad.

• Love 4

The ring Hook gives Emma has the same Templar cross that his new pendant has, that is on Excalibur, Dark One's birthplace...continue list of where else symbol was spotted....

I noticed in the Underworld set pics from yesterday that Emma's hair was looking especially flat and lifeless. It needs Hook back!

I think it's the Vancouver weather. Nothing can survive it.

• Love 1

Could happen prior to this scene.

The issue is that the writers could have easily pulled from their own years of canon and had Hook give Emma one of his rings he's been wearing since the beginning of the show. That's a fanatical fan/continuity addict's dream! Instead, they introduce an entirely new ring in one episode. It's the gauntlet all over again.

Never? (No, seriously. I don't think I've ever seen her smile like that before.)

• Love 2

They're adorable. That ring screams McGuffin. Who wants to bet his father gave it to him and it's Underworld magic? And Merlin at the end is suuuuuper creepy.

Yep. Daddy gave that ring to little Killian. And even without spoilers, that clip would convince me that Killian is totally going to 'die'.

As with everyone else, I'm sitting here in my cubicle with a big stupid grin on my face. My work will get zero productivity out of me today. 

I loved the sneak peak to pieces, even the ring retconning didn't bother me too much. I'm almost kinda glad that they've said there's a reason why Killian keeps surviving, that man has more lives than a cat. And him giving her the ring that has kept him alive so far is definitely foreshadowing for his death this season. A & E are really hitting it over our heads at this point. 

But it just makes me so happy to see Emma Swan that happy! Even though I know that pain is definitely coming... I agree that I don't think I've ever seen her smile like that before and it's such a beautiful thing. I'm really glad that they finally got an "I love you" exchange - that Killian got to say it and that Emma got to say it when she wasn't in imminent danger.  

And as much of a CS shipper as I am I was really surprised about Emma's reaction to his proposal joke. I would have expected that it would freak Emma out a bit (who has always seemed commitment phobic prior to this relationship), but the look on her face seemed to indicate that marriage is something that she would like or has at least thought about. I guess once she said "I love you" she really went all in on it. 

I'll continue to flail in the corner. 

• Love 5

I thought Hook's calm down was him knowing that Emma would freak out about marriage because he knows she likes to take things ridiculously slow and she was embarrassed that she thought he was going to propose.

I wonder if during the scene he sacrifices everything for her she tries to give him the ring back but he doesn't accept it.

I have not watched the sneak peek, and I think I deserve a reward for self-restraint. I just prefer to watch in show.

If this ring is so majorly important to Hook's survival, why hasn't he noticed it missing once they got whisked back to SB via curse? They may not have answered that just yet, but they should. After all, he doesn't remember giving it to Emma.

I'm squeeing just from your reactions. I love my CS!

• Love 2

As with everyone else, I'm sitting here in my cubicle with a big stupid grin on my face. My work will get zero productivity out of me today.  

Okay?  Not getting any work done.  I’m mostly stuffing my face with chocolate and reading tumblr reaction (and marveling at how quick they put up gifs!).  I am a useless minion today and don’t care.

• Love 6

I'm fine with head canoning that he kept the ring in his pocket all these years, and that once he knew he was going to give it to Emma, he put it on a chain. Unless we literally see him walk out the door immediately after that diner scene, he totally had time to put it on a chain.

The ring also doesn't bug me as a retcon because otherwise his token of Liam would be considered the same thing. Which, I guess you could call it a retcon, but I just don't. There was no hinting of that before 3x05, so it doesn't bug me in this scene either. He could have easily had it on his person this whole time. He is a private person.

Anyways, I feel like exploding from sunshine and rainbows every time I scroll past the scene or gifsets of the scene on tumblr.

• Love 5

And Merlin...yeah. I thought he had an "oh, boy" expression and was remembering what went down with him and Nimue.

He was creepy, but he was also sad -- I think he has seen Hook's death.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

The ring had a notice-me-not charm on it. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I can answer my own question of course. He couldn't have missed/noticed/looked for a ring because we'd definitely figure out that Emma had it, or that someone stole it, etc. and ruin that sneak peek reveal.

Edited by OnceUponAJen

Also trying to work, but having to take a break to squee now and then. Seriously, how adorable are those two? They are my happy place.

I'm not ready for the pain, but I know they'll get through it. I mean, THEY BETTER!

• Love 7
He was creepy, but he was also sad -- I think he has seen Hook's death

I think he knows that somebody has to die for the de-dark curse to work. He may think it is Emma because she is the Dark One or he may know it is Hook because his name ends up on the united sword.

Merlin has seen the united sword before it became broken. He must know why and under what circumstances the sword has two names on it.

IDK, maybe the sword has something to do with his immortality and whatever he did to get Nimue's name on it caused it to shatter and for everything to go bad (isn't there some spoiler where he tries to make her immortal?).  Perhaps his spell makes the True Love's name appears on the sword, but only one can be immortal and the immortality must be taken away from the other - and this is done by killing them.

Anyway, he is totally creeping on them and by the way he looks at them I'm sure he knows that he must take advantage of their love and one of them is a goner. He feels kind of bad about it, but he's one of those "Greater Good" people and he's willing to make the sacrifice.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

This was probably the last time she was this happy, and he has no clue he told her he loves her, gave his survival ring.

The other thing is that he and the others are all set to walk into Arthur's lion den. They don't know the outcome of that. 

One thing I found interesting when Emma went to try on the ring before shady stopped her, was that the ring he gave her is actually a woman's ring, so I don't think it came from his father at all. Maybe his father left him with it, but I don't think it belonged to him.

I also don't think Merlin saw anything about Killian's death as much as he may have seen how spectacularly he's about to fail? 

Think about it. This is the episode Emma is set to walk Nimue's footsteps.

Edited by YaddaYadda

That's the conclusion I came with.

It was said that Merlin is a force for good?

My thoughts on his expression in that sneak peek.. He doesn't want to do it but he's going to screw over Emma to get Nimue back. I guess this is not the case but my mind went there.

I think he knows Emma isn't really ready to let the Darkness and the power go. He isn't fooled by for one second because he's already seen the future and what they are about to attempt to do to rid Emma of the DO will fail spectacularly. He's playing his own game.

On a happier note....squeeeeeeeeee!

do you suppose one of the reasons we don't see evil cleavage from Dark Swan is because she's wearing that ring under that high collared jacket and she's only had it off when she was in the black dress and the date dress so Killian didn't see it?

also .you know Granny was watching them make out....if the camera had panned over there you probably would have seen a row of faces peering out from the blinds. .

• Love 1

The last time Emma smiled like that was when Henry found Emma in the tower.

Didn't A&E say Merlin is good? They never mentioned that about Arthur right? Unless they are as bad as Marlene King and are spectacular lying liars who lies and never gives a fuck.

Lol. I was happy to see Granny in the background. She hasn't been in the past two episodes, I don't think. Same with the dwarves, but I don't care as much about then. Here they wanted to participate more, and they've practically vanished. At least they can tell people they got to go to a fancy ball.

if the camera had panned over there you probably would have seen a row of faces peering out from the blinds. .

Regina was standing outside, but the shot was blurred. ---- Strike that, it's Granny and her crossbow. Oops!

PixiePaws1, I also think Merlin is shady, and has his own agenda going on.

Didn't A&E say Merlin is good?

They said he's a force for good, and his casting call said he sacrificed a lot in his life.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I get the feeling his father is the one that gave him that ring. Probably as protection against Hades.

I bet the show is trying to explain why Hook has tasted death so many times and lived. Maybe the ring controls fate or something.

I bet the show is trying to explain why Hook has tasted death so many times and lived. Maybe the ring controls fate or something.

That's the thing though, do they really have to explain it away?

Hook is a lucky mofo, that's how it seems to have been for him.

Milah saves him. Rumple doesn't kill him because he wants him to suffer. Emma saves him, David shoves him out of the way, Belle saves him, David stabs him to death, but it's an alternate reality, so it doesn't count. It's always something that seemed to be more like, he's born under a lucky star.

He and the others are going to get Excalibur back from Arthur, so let's see how that goes.for him. 

I think it's about who the ring belonged to originally, more than about Hook's "immortality".

That's the thing though, do they really have to explain it away?

I don't think they do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced this as a retcon in order to link Hook's father.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I know that we have filming spoilers of Emma with the ring necklace in 5.11 but I wonder if he doesn't give it to her again in Storybrooke? Surely he would've noticed it missing which makes me think he currently has it in Storybrooke.

Thank god Hook is on Emma's side. What the heck have Snow and Charming (and Robin but who cares) brought to the table in Camelot as far as "save Emma"? Charms gets distracted by a mushroom, snow has spent her time picking dresses for Regina and presumably hanging with baby Neal. They could've stayed in Storybrooke. Just have Hook, Henry, Regina and Granny go next time.

I got the feeling that Hook's ILU wasn't the first time he's said it. It sure looked like he would've gotten a yes if he had proposed. I wonder if Emma will be the one to propose, I mean he's not proposed to anyone in 300 years so what's the rush?

• Love 2

I got the feeling that Hook's ILU wasn't the first time he's said it. It sure looked like he would've gotten a yes if he had proposed. I wonder if Emma will be the one to propose, I mean he's not proposed to anyone in 300 years so what's the rush?

He didn't even say "I love you" yet in that clip. He said "pirate who loves you." So there's still time to build up to his big ILU moment. It'll probably happen right before he gets dragged to Hell. (And yes, Emma for sure will eventually be the one to propose.)

• Love 8

That sunshine smile when Emma heard he loves her was brilliant but I thought she got a funny look on her face when she held the ring as if she was feeling power and puzzled by it. Merlin was pretty quick to distract her from it.

I also thought she looked perversely disappointed when Killian said he wasn't proposing.

I interpret Merlin's look at them as confirmation that Hook giving up the ring simplified some future paths and will lead to Hiok's demise.

I wonder how Hook is explaining the absence of his ring to himself in SB since he's lost this memory??

ETA: It would be pretty awesome if Emma proposed to him with that ring. I am also pretty thrilled with the fact that Captain Swan is actually a well written ship (at least in the context of this show).

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 3

As others have pointed out, the CS kiss in the second promo seems to be different than the one in the Sneak Peek. So, maybe Emma gives him back the ring after she comes back from the (failed) quest with Merlin to re-forge Excalibur. If that is the case, Hook probably gives her the ring in Storybrooke again after he gets his memories back/when they successfully re-forge Excalibur. 

As for Rumple, I still think he's going to make a play for the Dagger. This time, Belle breaks up with him and leaves Storybrooke, because she is done. So, Rumple goes along with the Nevengers to the UW to rescue Hook so he can prove to Belle that he truly is changed (until the next backslide). 

That sunshine smile when Emma heard he loves her was brilliant but I thought she got a funny look on her face when she held the ring as if she was feeling power and puzzled by it. Merlin was pretty quick to distract her from it.

I noticed that too, which makes me wonder about its real origin. We don't see it in the diner when they're talking and we've never seen the ring before. I wonder if it's a ring that Merlin gave Hook to give to Emma instead of the backstory we got from Hook. That way, he could somehow protect her with the ring by maybe dulling the dark magic or something. I'm thinking that ring is Blue Fairy Shady.