Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Maybe they were just practicing the scene? I don't see Zelena sneering and going at it with Regina all while she's holding onto a coffee cup.

Maybe Zelena's telling Regina her master plan of getting ahold of the dagger. She loves to tell people her plans, afterall.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
They're not going to turn Zelena into hero. If they do that, Regina will have zero reason to take that baby away.

They just might if the plan is to have Zelena die a tragic death. Then Regina can become the loving Aunt who takes in her foundling niece. 

I know that the show writer's have their Regina-blinders on, but how exactly are they going to justify taking the baby away from Zelena unless she is dead or abandons the child? Regina was allowed to continue raising her adopted child even after several incidences of evil (in the last few months, she imprisoned somebody in a mirror, plotted to kill Marian, took Belle's heart and attacked Lily to steal her blood - and even that is minor to the catalogue of evilness she has done over the decades).  It would be one thing if the child was given to Robin, but Regina? Where is the logic? (often not required with this show)

People are sensitive enough about separating mother's from babies - we just endured an entire half season of being asked to feel sorry for Mal because she lost her baby while also watching  her kill three knights, burn an entire village and curse an innocent women to sleep - why wouldn't the audience also feel sorry for Zelena?

I could see them having Zeelena stay evil and run off with the child, but I cannot see how they can justify taking the child from her if she is evil and how she won't just get the child back.  They can't even seem to kill her or keep her magically cuffed...how are they to keep her from that child? She isn't going to quietly accept that Regina "took yet another thing from her". 

If the writers want Regina to have a baby, Zelena is going to have to die. If they don't want Regina to have a baby, Zelena is taking it with her and we'll get to watch Robin comfort a crying Regina.

Edited by kili
  • Love 1
I know that the show writer's have their Regina-blinders on, but how exactly are they going to justify taking the baby away from Zelena unless she is dead or abandons the child?

She murders Robin? I mean she does try to choke him to death in the first episode over the wand. 

She murders Robin?

Regina tried to murder Henry's Mom and that didn't make her lose permanent custody of him. She did engineer the murder of his great grandfather, tried very hard to murder his grandmother and did kill the guy his mother was starting to date (and was a friend of her son).

I just can't see how this show can justify taking the child from its mother and giving it to another mother who we have witnessed committing many more crimes. Or portrayed Snow as evil for taking away a baby from another murdering woman.

If Regina executing Marian is no impediment for her being the step-mother to Roland, then why would Zelena killing Robin mean she can't keep her own child? 

In our world, yes, those would be very serious crimes that would prevent you from getting automatic custody of a child (but even in our world, raping or murdering the other parent of your child does not automatically disqualify you permanently from access to your children).

Regina is going to be without her BFF so she needs a new friend...I think Zelena is going to end up being that friend and be redeemed. This show doesn't keep around permanent bad guys (and if they are bad guys like Rumple or Regina, they get woobified and calling them evil makes you evil).

• Love 3

I just can't see how this show can justify taking the child from its mother and giving it to another mother who we have witnessed committing many more crimes. 

But, but, but... Regina loves children (unlike Zelena, who only did it for revenge)!! If only Hansel and Gretel or Owen had realized that, the hole in Regina's heart would've been filled a long time ago, and she would have stopped being evil. (The sound of all the children sent by Regina to be eaten by Blind Witch or wiped out by her village massacres screaming in the distance...).  

Maybe they were just practicing the scene? I don't see Zelena sneering and going at it with Regina all while she's holding onto a coffee cup. 

Agreed. No way is Zelena holding a Starbucks coffee cup in Camelot costume a real spoiler. lol I too think this bts shot is while filming the return trip. Couldn't they leave the muahahaing Zelena behind? It's not like Robin has shown great parenting skills so far with Roland.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

I don't think they're going the "redeem Zelena" route, but I wouldn't put it past them--they like to "redeem" characters they enjoy.  (Redeem deserves the quotes.  I know I"m overusing them, but considering the OUaT version, they're necessary.)

They might decide to have Robin and Regina cheerfully co-parent with a less-evilish Zelena.  Or, rather, Regina co-parent with Zelena, since Robin is sort of a nonentity.  They did that with Regina/Emma/Neal for Neal's brief appearance.

If they decide Zelena's gone white hat, it won't occur to them this is strange and unrealistic.

I don't thin Zelena is sticking around beyond this season. I *think* there was a line when they were filming in Steveston for 5x01 when she said she wanted to keep her baby. Not for nothing, but her crazy ass took care of Roland for 9 weeks. 

• Love 3

I don't think they're going the "redeem Zelena" route, but I wouldn't put it past them--they like to "redeem" characters they enjoy.

They might leave her redemption open-ended. Maybe they'll tease it in the series finale if she lives that long.

I don't thin Zelena is sticking around beyond this season. I *think* there was a line when they were filming in Steveston for 5x01 when she said she wanted to keep her baby. Not for nothing, but her crazy ass took care of Roland for 9 weeks.

Unless they give her something new and substantial, I don't think so either. Crazy co-parenting antics are not fun to watch for very long on this show, especially since it's already been covered quite a bit with other characters. (Emma/Regina/Neal/Henry, etc.) Besides, this isn't about the child... or Zelena. It's about Regina and the unsightly hindrance to her happiness.

Whenever the writers decide to "resolve" this plot line (which, since is Regina-involved, they will), Zelena will be up in the air again and they'll have to find some other contrived insanity to give her.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Or they might give us another backstory with sad face Zelena like they did with Mal last season and that's it. We're suppose to feel sorry for her because she finally loves something and it's being taken away from her but in the last minute she does something horrific that forces Regina to kill her sister. This will lead to sad Panda Regina almost regretting killing her only flesh and blood left.

Or worse Snow kills her on self defense and feels even more remorse for Regina.

Look for the backstories of Merlin, Arthur and Lancelot. However, don't expect those stories to fully take us away from our regular cast. "It’s really about our core group of characters and what they’re going through," says Horowitz. And, yes, we’ll see Merlin (Elliot Knight) in the pilot but not in a way you might expect.

Like how the guest stars in Frozen didn't take away from the main characters?

"I can say that [Rumple's] arc in Storybrooke is something we haven’t fully seen before. It is going to go right into his very essence as a character."

There is no really no other place to go with his character. He's a crippled coward obsessed with power who has a thing for the maid. We've already seen him try to "redeem" himself. What more is there?

And all the excitement I had managed to build up for the following season has gone down significantly after this poster was released:

tumblr_nv1ih3X0Xn1rt41q9o1_500.jpg

Looks like the order of character importance/the status quo will not be changing any time soon.

• Love 2

Eh! Henry didn't even make the cut and we know he has a centric, a romance and whatever else.

ETA: Merlin is supposed to be significant...he's so far you have to squint your eyes to see him.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Centrics don't mean a whole heck of a lot in the grand scheme of things. Belle had two centrics in 4A and was still a small bit player, and characters like Grumpy have gotten centrics without becoming the main focus of the season. 

Centrics don't mean a whole heck of a lot in the grand scheme of things.

That is true, but with his new found status, you'd think he would make the cut.

I sort of hate Henry, so I don't care, but the decision is very surprising.

but with [Henry's] new found status, you'd think he would make the cut.

Upon further inspection, I finally found Henry:

wqua2u.png

(Sorry, but Henry is about as interesting to me as a rock.)

Merlin is supposed to be significant...he's so far you have to squint your eyes to see him.

That one actually makes sense because Melin's character/actor is supposed to be a surprise to the general audience at this point.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

That hideous poster tells what we already knew, that Emma, Regina, Rumple and the guest stars (Merida and Arthur, and later Merlin) would be the main focus, while the rest of the characters would be just there, in the background, looking pretty and sad. In any other show, Emma's parents and boyfriend (who has been trying to defeat the DO for centuries) would be important in this story. But not in this show. In this show it's most important to deal with "Regina doesn't want to be a leader"  than with "my daughter is the new DO" or "the love of my life has turned into the thing I hate the most". 

Well, at least they also forgot about Zelena.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

I know a lot of CS fans and specially Hook fans are anxious about his arc and how he will be included in the DS' arcs and the ugly amateur poster just initially reinforce those feelings.

But, I maybe I'm optimistic because already decided to watch only the episode I will care or skip the scene that doesn't interest me.

But, the bad Photoshop didn't temper my enthusiasm for the premiere.

1) The only thing beside the Emma'arcs that can interest me is Rumple and the mythology of the Dark curse. So, I'm OK with Rumple is in the front.

2) Yeah, Regina is there too, but let's face it, we know she have a big arc, what is new under the sun!!

But the mistake that a big part of the fandom is doing right now is too strictly attach Regina's arc to Emma' own arcs.

But we do not to that for Rumple, who will also have a sl with Rumple and is own sl and a Rumbelle angle too.

It's, the same with Regina she will have a sl with Emma. I came to accept it and my enjoyment of that sl remains to be seen.

But they focus almost as much to her sl as leader of the town (her own sl) who seems much more with Snowing than Emma. Without forgetting the much anticipated drama baby with her sister and soul mate. So, again a sl without Emma. It is too much Regina, for me definitely, but I can skip it easily so.

Now, I know the elephant in the room is Hook is standing in the back. But realistically, I came to realize that most (still hope not only) storyline is directly tied to the DS' arc and Emma is the prominent figure in the poster. So I honestly ththink hat he is right there with her in a way. The save Emma is the big arc.

Like Hoods will be tied to Regina first and the same for Belle explaining their place.

I will apply the same logic to snsnowing, they will be tied to Emma' arc and Regina leader stuff but won't have their own meaty sl. But what new in Once work,?

The other cast regular who didn't make it onto the poster is Zelena. Don't get me wrong, I care for her as much as I care about Henry, but she's not on there. Does that mean I will be spared her sneering?

Not according to that other interview that was posted, where they talk about how awesome she is and call her the Hannibal Lecter of Storybrooke (do they know what that means?).

My issue with the concept of the "reluctant leader" plot line they mentioned for Regina is that if she was so reluctant to lead, then why did she usurp the throne, why hasn't she stepped down, and why is she mayor for life of Storybrooke (unless she's going through a breakup and too sad)? Being the queen when there's a rightful heir right there and being mayor don't fit with "reluctant leader."

• Love 2

Robin sure is sneaky. Barely could see him behind Merida. Maybe they placed her there to cover up the fact that Robin had no feet. Zelena's represented enough with the tornado.

Anyways, so 5x05 is a henry-centric? Hmmm....

I wonder if A&E got wise and read about how Frozen (particularly the flashbacks (especially the Anna content)--I thought the present-day Frozen stuff was just fine) ate up too much screen time. Maybe the Camelot stuff will take up slightly less screen time.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
I wonder if A&E got wise and read about how Frozen (particularly the flashback stuff (especially the Anna stuff)--I thought the present-day Frozen stuff was just fine) ate up too much screen time. Maybe the Camelot stuff will take up slightly less screen time.

They're giving Arthur, Lancelot, Merlin and Merida centrics. So that's already 4 episodes out of 10 (I hope episode 10 is 2 hours long because I can't see this ending well). 

The problem with the centric Anna got last season is that they meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. The only thing we really found out was how the DO unclocked the hat. Everything else was a good ol' waste of time.

I don't mind a centric if they really give me the information I need and lead to a resolution of the plot. If they don't, then no.

• Love 1

I've been desperately (obviously foolishly! ) hoping that Camelot was present time and Dark Emma destroying pieces of Storybrooke was possible future that could be avoided. ...because I just can't handle Emma doing evil things she won't be able to deal with when she's free of the DO curse. They also said no time jump or time travel but Camelot time stream is parallel. I am so confused! ! They keep saying that things are not what they appear....maybe that refers to be Dark Emma doing what looks like evil but if her choices are supposed to still be so filled with integrity as DS what has integrity about blowing up a beer garden and turning a dwarf to stone???

My poor Emma!!!

I feel I am about to be short changed on Hook and his Dark One issues. ..probably won't even be referenced in passing...or maybe there will be a headline 'The Dark One Finally Shafts Hook' in a newspaper that someone is wrapping fish in and that's all 200 plus years of seeking revenge against the evil that has effectively taken both lovves of your life gets you!! At least we'll get to hear about Woegina's epic battle with an ingrown hair she had when she was 6!!!

Wow, that poster is really bad.  I'm not surprised that Rumple and Regina are front and center with Emma.  Rumple has to teach Emma how to be the Dark One while somehow manipulating Regina into getting him to be the Dark One again.

I'm not so worried about the size of Hook and Snowing, there's been hardly any reports of Rumple filming so he can't have that big of a role.

They really should have a fan contest for the posters, they come up with such better work.

My issue with the concept of the "reluctant leader" plot line they mentioned for Regina is that if she was so reluctant to lead, then why did she usurp the throne, why hasn't she stepped down, and why is she mayor for life of Storybrooke (unless she's going through a breakup and too sad)? Being the queen when there's a rightful heir right there and being mayor don't fit with "reluctant leader."

Simple. She wants the titles and the powers, but not the responsibility. Let's see how they handle this arc.

• Love 2

So basically, Emma as Dark Swan (who is supposed to be a villain), Regina as the Evil Queen (who was a villain) and Rumple (the Dark One), not his non Dark One incarnation are leading the pack. They didn't put angelic looking Emma in her white clothes who looks ready to sprout wings and shine her halo from the Camelot BTS that we got, or Regina or the new version of Rumple. 

The focused on the people who are supposed to be the worst villains and that now includes Emma.

Dark Emma doing what looks like evil but if her choices are supposed to still be so filled with integrity as DS what has integrity about blowing up a beer garden and turning a dwarf to stone???

Regina turned a dwarf/leprechon to stone in one of the first episodes (because he mocked her when her first attempt to cast the curse failed), so I guess Emma has to turn one to stone too.

Meanwhile, she's joined the Temperence League and that's why she blows up the Beer Garden. The twist is that she's working with Eliott Ness (they are keeping the casting under wraps, but  he will be played by a folicly challenged guy from "Lost"  wearing Josh's young David wig). "Just like a dwarf to bring a pick axe to a magic jazz hand fight!".

That tense moment we saw between Hook and Emma on the docks was when she tries to take his flask and pour it into the ocean. Poor Hook has gone back to his drinking ways because he has to spend all day with Regina and Robin making schmoopy eyes at each other. Regina accuses Emma of being selfish because she took all the wine and now Regina and Robin have nothing to drink in front of the hearth at her house.  Meanwhile, everybody in town really needs the drink cart !stat! because nobody can tolerate Zelena's mwahahahaing all over town. Granny tried to make some moonshine, but it turned Pinochio blind...at least that's his story. So, there is no relief there.

Edited by kili
  • Love 3

That poster is ugly as sin.

In the words of Night at the Museum 2, "There's just too much going on here." The background is already over-detailed, with the mismatched props only making it worse. They you have the characters in all different costumes and proportions. The logic in how they're positioned makes no sense, except for Emma. The entire monstrosity is over-stylized and cluttered. If Isaac's ink had spilled on the table instead of Cruella's face, it would have created this.

• Love 2
The premiere will see Regina facing a serious moral dilemma when a chance to permanently rid herself of Zelena presents itself. The only thing is, choosing this path will mean losing her opportunity to find Emma. Which decision will Regina make? We can honestly say we were surprised by the outcome to this scenario.

Didn't we literally just have this exact same plot line a few episodes ago where Rumple gave Regina the ultimatum to choose between Robin or Emma turning dark? So no—no we will not be "surprised" by the outcome of this scenario because we've already seen Regina in this position before and Emma is the freaking lead of the show. Of course Regina's oh-so-difficult-but-not-really choice is obvious. Regina actually choosing the other option and ridding herself of Zelena is the only surprising thing in this scenario.

You know what an interesting parallel to this scenario is? Hook finally being in the position to rid himself of Rumple once and for all now that he isn't the Dark One. Ridding himself of Rumple (and helping everyone in Storybrooke, let's be real) is more of a moral dilemma than Regina choosing between Zelena and Emma. But will this dynamic be explored? Of course not.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Ready for one last spoiler? Time travel.

What. the. heck. This has confused me beyond words.

The Blue Fairy will gift Belle with a Bell jar containing a single rose in bloom in order that she may watch over Rumpel's life while she embarks on a perilous journey without him, reminding us all that this love story is far from done. Everybody say Aw!

I think we all already guessed this, but I was hoping it would be more complicated than that. Like it's part of a spell that Belle needs to accomplish, akin to the Beauty and the Beast.

We really don't want to spoil this one for you, so suffice it to say a really big clue has been siting under our noses for quite some time now. You'll get the point of it soon enough.

This actually intrigues me a bit. Camelot needs more than Merlin/Dark One stuff to be satisfyingly relevant, imo.

If you've been scanning the recently released images from the premiere then you may be wondering if that's Rumpel schooling Emma in the Dark arts. The answer is yes ... and no. Rumple is a manifestation of the Dark One's power, a guide if you will, and present only until Emma learns to fully embrace her powers.

I see some potential there. I'll take Sparkly Imp tutoring Dark Swan any day.

Edited by KingOfHearts
We know that Merlin is the link between Storybrooke and King Arthur, but we were intrigued to see the writers working in a second connection between both fantasy worlds that really helps solidify certain key story elements going forward. We really don't want to spoil this one for you, so suffice it to say a really big clue has been sitting under our noses for quite some time now. You'll get the point of it soon enough.

What I hope they mean: Camelot is the same corrupt kingdom where Killian and Liam once served in the royal navy.

What they probably mean: The Camelot deus ex machina gauntlet makes a return. Or something about Lily's dad. Or Regina and Rumple have yet another relative in Camelot.

• Love 3

Didn't we literally just have this exact same plot line a few episodes ago where Rumple gave Regina the ultimatum to choose between Robin or Emma turning dark? So no—no we will not be "surprised" by the outcome of this scenario because we've already seen Regina in this position before and Emma is the freaking lead of the show. Of course Regina's oh-so-difficult-but-not-really choice is obvious.

It's not just that. Regina had the opportunity to write Zelena out of existence in "Mother" and chose not to because it didn't matter to her anymore. And I just watched the last ten minutes of the finale last night and she reiterated to Robin in the diner that Zelena isn't a problem for them and they can deal with her together. So now she's got to make a choice again and it's supposed to be a surprising one?  Can they not come up with anything original for Regina to be dealing with than the choice of whether to kill Zelena part 15498541? Just kill her already, Regina!

• Love 2

It's not just that. Regina had the opportunity to write Zelena out of existence in "Mother" and chose not to because it didn't matter to her anymore. And I just watched the last ten minutes of the finale last night and she reiterated to Robin in the diner that Zelena isn't a problem for them and they can deal with her together.

So within a 7 episode span, we have Regina repeating this same stupid plot in 4 of those episodes. ("Heart of Gold," "Mother," "Operation Mongoose Part II," and "The Dark Swan") Holy crap, this is so much worse than cleave!

Can they not come up with anything original for Regina to be dealing with than the choice of whether to kill Zelena part 15498541? Just kill her already, Regina!

In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to suffer any scenes with Regina or Zelena. But if I'm forced to watch them, then I'd like for Regina to do us all a favor and kill her sister once and for all.

Edited by Curio

Holy crap, this is so much worse than cleave!

Never mention that word again. ;)

Can they not come up with anything original for Regina to be dealing with than the choice of whether to kill Zelena part 15498541? Just kill her already, Regina!

In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to suffer any scenes with Regina or Zelena. But if I'm forced to watch them, then I'd like for Regina to do us all a favor and kill her sister once and for all.

How about we stop playing Regina's morality altogether for a while? That's the weakest spot in her writing, and S4 was pretty much all about it. Surely with redemption out of the way she can be used for something else. Maybe they should spend time fleshing out some original material for Outlaw Queen. That's one thing they haven't done...

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I think the 2nd connection between Camelot and EF is with the dagger and Excalibur. And yes I know Excalibur isn't the sword in the stone but Once is obviously conflating the 2 since we see Arthur pull Excalibur from the rock in the promos. Sure it's an iconic moment but that moment is in the premiere to drop a reveal about the dagger most probably.

I see some potential there. I'll take Sparkly Imp tutoring Dark Swan any day.

I've been wanting this with Gold and Emma but this might be more entertaining.

From the new interviews I get the feeling that DS is over in 5A like usual and Emma is cured but there's a holdover element. Like Emma is cured but the DO stuff is still ongoing for the next half.

Some minor spoilers from the screener. More to come tomorrow. Says the episode is "awesome". Some highlights from Mandy's answers:

Judging by the premiere, I think the writers are going to be exploring what the darkness is, where it came from, how it manifests itself, and why Emma’s Dark One won’t be exactly like Rumple’s. I can’t get too spoiler-y, but so far, I’m very impressed with the groundwork they’re laying.

Looks like we're getting a big info-dump right away. 

She also says the young Emma scenes are "surprising". Are we finally going to see wee Emma show signs of magic as we predicted in 4A?

Edited by Rumsy4

Looks like we're getting a big info-dump right away. 

They somehow manage to include a massive info-dump into every episode of the season. And then resolve about 20% of the information by the end of the season.

Somewhere floating around the tumblrs (I can't find a link right now) is an episode screenshot of Regina holding a wand over Emma's baby blanket. (I'm guessing some of y'all might want to invest in these.) I'm wondering if this is the scene where Hook gets snippy with her and questions what she's doing, or if that happens later in that other screenshot Adam posted where Hook looks pissed. The lighting is different in both screenshots so they have to be two separate scenes.

I wonder if something happened to Emma as a little kid and the "thing" she is trying to do as Dark One is revenge on whoever did it?

But A&E said any revenge she wants is going to be directed at her family. Now unless Merlin the Usher is related to her...

Are we finally going to see wee Emma show signs of magic as we predicted in 4A?

Wee!Emma meeting Merlin is surprising on its own no? And we saw teen Emma with magical abilities already, twice. Maybe she does something evil and Damien like and we'll get the requisite prophecy about how she was always going to be the DO.

Here is said baby blanket

But A&E said any revenge she wants is going to be directed at her family.

Ooh yeah, forgot about that.  Hmmm.

We really don't want to spoil this one for you, so suffice it to say a really big clue has been siting under our noses for quite some time now. You'll get the point of it soon enough.

This is a really oddly worded sentence. Or at least the last bit is. Is this a Pinocchio reference?  

Edited by retrograde