Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

So we have a reported like from Emma to Snow about how "We may not agree, but we shouldn't keep secrets". What do they disagree on? Elsa? Regina? Emma and Hook's relationship?

People have once again done their magic and managed to read the script

MM and Emma are now alone with the stroller. They walk for a -. - - - - -. MM lovingly adjusts his head position.

MARY MARGARET (CONT’D)
    He’s handling it well, I’d say.

EMMA
    The baby? He’s asleep.

MARY MARGARET
    Henry. I mean, between Regina and regaining (?) his memory…. - - - - with - -…

EMMA
    Actually - -

Also if you want to roll your eyes so far back they get stuck inside your head, when they filmed the continuation from the last Granny's scene of the finale, apparently, Robin runs after Regina.

Edited by Serena
(edited)

Eion could also be doing a flashback scene. It depends how they're introducing new characters. .. could it have something to do with how they're bringing the Knave into the story? I didn't watch OUATIW, but was the Knave supposedly in SB during the Curse?

In OUATIW, the Knave had been in Storybrooke.  It's been awhile since I watched it, but I think they kept the details pretty hazy.  Just that he was there and had an apartment.   So it is conceivable that he and August would have had some interaction, especially if they were both hanging out in Storybrooke's "underbelly."

So we have a reported like from Emma to Snow about how "We may not agree, but we shouldn't keep secrets". What do they disagree on? Elsa? Regina? Emma and Hook's relationship?

I think this line is unconfirmed.  The girl who was posting the shooting play-by-play said that they were too far away to hear anything.  I could conceivably see it being something to do with Marian, something to do with Hook, or something to do with not wanting to tell them too many details about their trip back.  My shipper goggles are hoping it's about Hook.  We are in major need of more Hook/Snow interactions if they're going to continue in this direction.

Judging from the twitter reports filtering in from last night, it looks like we pick up right where the finale left off.  There are reports of Robin going after Regina outside the diner and shooting with Roland and Marian. 

ETA: This "update your post instead of a new one" is already giving me a headache. 

I'm now seeing reports that he may have run after Marian, and that they were too far away to tell what was going on.

And this is the only picture I've been able to find so far from filming at the diner last night.

Edited by NotBothered
There are reports of Robin going after Regina outside the diner and shooting with Roland and Marian.

Meanwhile, eagle-eyed watchers noticed that inside Grannie's Roger Duperre (played by Lost alumni Ken Leung -  Spoiler: Roger was Shang back in the Enchanted Forrest and shares a law office with Hughes next to the new Sundae shop) handed Marian his card. Lip readers report their line of dialog was "I'll make sure you get Roland and every pine cone that git ever had. I can get you custody of the Merry Men if you really want to stick it to him. No jury is every going to side with the jerk who left his wife for her executioner"....oops, sorry, that's just what I wish they'd seen in between the shots of Emma kicking Adult!Pinocchio multiple times in the groin.

• Love 8
(edited)

So, in this EW article, Adam and Eddy give away some spoilers about the Frozen storyline. The most interesting part is this:

Mitchell’s role is a mystery, but the producers say one of the top two fan theories is correct. (She’s either the original Snow Queen or Anna and Elsa’s mother, who was presumed dead in the film.)

I guess Mitchell is going to be the original Snow Queen, because it seems they don't want to change anything from the film and I can't imagine them making the mother alive again if she was dead on the film.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

I guess Mitchell is going to be the original Snow Queen, because it seems they don't want to change anything from the film and I can't imagine them making the mother alive again if she was dead on the film.

I'm going to guess mother. We didn't see the bodies in the film, so they could be alive. There are a lot of unresolved parental issues Elsa must have with her parents and Lost/OUAT are all about the parental issues.

If Mitchel stays in flashbacks, I'm okay with her being the Snow Queen, but it will beggar belief if the Snow Queen and Elsa both make their way to Storybrooke in the same couple of days.

My head cannon for this season is going crazy.  Way too many theories bumping around.

I'm going to guess mother. We didn't see the bodies in the film, so they could be alive. There are a lot of unresolved parental issues Elsa must have with her parents and Lost/OUAT are all about the parental issues.

They're also big on the temptation to go evil.  I have no idea how they would get her to Storybrooke, but I can see there being a scenario where Mitchell tries to manipulate Elsa into going bad.  (She's the only one who can understand her...the only one who can help her get back to Anna, etc.)   And the Snow Queen being the first person who would understand what she was going through with her magic would tie into the loneliness and isolation Elsa felt in the movie.  Rumple could have even urned Elsa by mistake thinking he was getting Mitchell's character. 

That battle over Elsa's magic would also be a good parallel to Emma trying to keep Regina from going evil again. And they can have Regina be the one to convince Elsa that good is better than evil and yet another opportunity for Saint Regina be the ultimate sparkle white magic champion redeemer.

So I am voting original Snow Queen. (Zelena 2.0?)   I mainly don't want her to be Elsa's real mother because that throws the theory that they're from the Hook/Rumple era out the window, and for the moment I am really attached to that.  I'd be okay with her pretending to be Elsa's mother for the purpose of manipulation though.

• Love 2
(edited)

So they're planning to do a faithful live-action recreation of Frozen?  To the point where they didn't even change Elsa's dress?  How is this supposed to be interesting?  I've seen Frozen.  It was cute, but I've little to no interest in watching them recreate it.

As for Elizabeth Mitchell being either the mother or the original Snow Queen--I know they said "either", but would it be possible for her to be both?  The show does like its unexpected relatives, bad parents, and shocking! twists!

Edited by Mari
  • Love 4
(edited)

She's probably Rumple's mother and Cora's ancestral deity as well.

So they're planning to do a faithful live-action recreation of Frozen? To the point where they didn't even change Elsa's dress?

The dress being the same is probably so Elsa is recognizable. With Elizabeth Mitchell's involvement, it's suggestive that something in the story will likely be different, so I doubt it will be exactly like the movie. Even if it is faithful (which I doubt), they can only do a random scene here or there anyway given the time constraints.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)

With OUAT being big on parental issues, it's a safe bet that Mitchell is going to be Anna/Elsa's mom. The mom was quite an uninteresting character in the movie, but making her yet another evil villainous-parent seems overkill. Which means, that's exactly what A&E will end up doing--haha. 

Georgina Haig looks great in costume, though! I'm sure they'll brighten it up post-production.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

'Once Upon a Time' showrunners spill 'Frozen' secrets (no Olaf!)

Interview with some spoilers with A&E from EW. This part is particulary infuriating:

And the idea of a villain who is not actually a villain—one of the things we loved about Elsa is she went away not because she was a villain, but because she didn’t want to hurt anyone and felt different. All those themes are very related to some of our characters like Emma, and Regina and Rumpelstiltskin.

They are comparing Emma and Elsa with Regina and Rumple. Sometimes I hate myself for watching this show.

• Love 9
(edited)

Also pertinent from the EW Article:

We’ll find Elizabeth Mitchell’s character is connected both to the world of Arendelle and the world of Storybrooke.

I don't even want to know right now.  Really.  I don't. 

I know that there's every chance in the world that Elizabeth Mitchell will be Elsa's mother, but I can't tell you how much I don't want another "here's your secret relative!" plot  I just don't really want to find out that Elsa's mother was really a villain (rather than just a badly well-intentioned crappy mom), and has been hiding out in Storybrooke. And I don't think they'll actually change her whole back story and have her end up with a mom who was not her mom and have been taken in by the royal family who thought they couldn't have children (or some such explanation) and raised as their own.

I'd love for them to have some actual reference to the source material, so that they can do Frozen and the Snow Queen.  I really do think that Mitchell being the Ice Queen who pretends she's Elsa's mother might be a happy medium for this show. 

Could the motorcycle guy be the Knave?

I like this idea.  And we may have confirmation that the Eion Bailey sighting was wishful thinking!

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 1
(edited)

"So we’re not interested in Elsa meeting someone, we’re interested in exploring her as a person, like we have with Regina the past few years."

So Robin is chopped liver? If only Regina was actually explored that way...

We’re planning an arc involving the characters from Frozen and it also obviously involves the characters that already exist on Once, but it’s a close-ended story.

I really do not like this format they're talking about at all. My anticipation for Frozen slips a little when I think about it being a close-ended story arc instead of part of the main plot. So Frozen is going to be a toy like Zelena, and the main cast is just gonna sit back and take the action like they did in 3B? Pass.

All those themes are very related to some of our characters like Emma, and Regina and Rumpelstiltskin. It was like seeing two toys on a shelf we wanted to take off and play with.

Oh my gosh. I'm at a loss for words. Regina and Rumple are just misunderstood, Emma supposedly looks like a villain but isn't, and Elsa/Anna are just new toys? I don't know what to say that isn't insulting. This series is in deep danger, my friends.

Our show has always been about family. Love is our franchise, but most of our love has been about families coming together

Yep, they totally focus more on family love like from the Charmings than romantic couples. *end of sarcasm*

We’ve never done a musical episode, and I don’t think the way we want to tell this story is to suddenly turn Once Upon a Time into a musical.

Fans would LOVE a musical episode. The music is what makes Frozen so popular anyway, so it's odd they don't capitalize on that aspect. You can see the disconnect from the fandom and the writers in this sentence. I've seen a lot of fans want that kind of thing.

Even a running gag about the Frozen cast randomly breaking out in song would be hilarious.

This is really expensive fan fiction at the end of the day.

Truer words were never spoken by A&E.

I'm very worried about S4 from the way the writers are talking about it, and that's an understatement. I just hope the show follows tradition and actually says something different from A&E.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
Regina and Rumple are just misunderstood, Emma supposedly looks like a villain but isn't, and Elsa/Anna are just new toys?

I think that statement about Emma, Regina and Rumple was a summation of the entire paragraph, which started out talking about family love and then added the theme of misunderstood people who really aren't villains. So I think (hope) that they were talking about Emma in the sense of family love -- they had previously used the kiss between Emma and Henry that broke the curse as an example. Regina also fits, in that she also broke a curse with a kiss with Henry, and even Rumple did everything for the love of his son.

Though I would disagree about Regina being "misunderstood." There's not much to misunderstand there -- she slaughtered villages and cursed an entire kingdom because she was mad at one person who didn't even mean to do her wrong. What do we not understand about her? Previously, Rumple might have been misunderstood because we didn't know until the end of season one why he was doing all these things, and at the end of that season we got it. Now he has little excuse. But they were actually villains, unlike Elsa who was scary because of her power but who wasn't actually a villain and wasn't really trying to hurt anyone. That was a case of people fearing what they didn't understand. People were right to fear Regina and Rumple.

• Love 6

Wait, wait, wait, stop the presses! Regina cries?? Wow, that's so novel. It's not like we haven't seen that 469054075 times already. [/sarcasm]

I'm glad Eion Bailey seems to have been simply rumored to be on set--neither the actor nor the character ever clicked for me, so I'm fine with him never coming back (and it wouldn't really make storyline sense at this point). I do think it's interesting (and surprising) that there have been no reports of Socha yet.  Is he going to pop up in episode 2? What will his entrance look like?

• Love 1

Good lord! I don't think I can handle Regina crying over Robin Hood. She dated him for four days?

It's a real shame the writers want to spend so much time developing characters we will never see after each half-season. It takes away so much screentime from developing their core characters in a reasonable manner.

• Love 3
(edited)
First scene today is supposed to be Regina/Rumple. Also, if you can believe it, Regina cries.

The only way I'll be able to tolerate this scene is if Rumple totally sasses her (e.g. "I'm flattered, but uninterested"). If he gives her a reality check, as he sometimes does to others, that she's being completely unreasonable sobbing about her victim surviving and messing up her four day romance.

Or maybe if they make the reason for Regina crying be that she played a part in depriving poor Roland of his loving mother

(now I need to have a nap because obviously something is causing me to have delusions if I think Adam and Eddie might do anything other than try to make us feel sorry for how horribly Regina was done wrong by Emma).

It also said Marian was mad.  Maybe someone will be allowed to point out that Regina is not the victim here.

I would love that, but she'll probaby be portrayed as the bad guy. How can you not understand that they are "True Loves" Marian? You got saved. What's your problem? Go get a hobby! Don't deprive your husband and son of this magical relationship they've had for the past 4 days with St. Regina, the Hero and Savior of Storybrooke and Purveyor of the Most Powerful of White Magic! Sheesh, woman!

I'm going to have to go to Steveston and wear my "Team Marian" T-shirt in protest.

Edited by kili
  • Love 3
(edited)

As much as I hate to say it, Robin Hood was the first person her heart was truly open to for 35 years, so I don't mind if she cries. Once. As long as it's not the usual pattern of her crying and then in the next scene vowing to ruin the lives of everyone responsible for her unhappiness (cue Evil Queen music).

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6

I'm sorry, guys, my post was confusing. Regina doesn't cry in the scene with Rumple from today. It was from the scene at Granny's yesterday, picking up from when the finale left off.

This person is saying that the scene filmed now is Elsa entering Storybrooke (I'm guessing a "grand entrance") and the person on the bike is a random person that Elsa approaches.

(edited)

Also from that interview:

Kitsis: Thematically we can say the first half of the season is about how you never give up on the people you love.

This statement is really ominous.

So Regina will try to get Robin back through hell or high water?

And Belle will never give up on Rumple even though he betrays her?

Interviewer: You described Frozen as a “a fun story arc,” which suggests to me you might be thinking of this—perhaps by necessity—as more of a limited storyline within your show as opposed to the more open-ended character additions you’ve had in the past. Is that an accurate read?

Kitsis: That is absolutely accurate. It’s similar to the way we did Neverland last year, and the Wicked Witch arc.

So they are not deviating away from the 3A and 3B pattern of storytelling. Not a good sign, since they clearly don't see any problems with it?

Edited by Camera One
(edited)

This statement is really ominous.

So Regina will try to get Robin back through hell or high water?

And Belle will never give up on Rumple even though he betrays her?

As a Captain Swan fan myself, I'm a little worried this means something happens to Hook. We've been speculating that perhaps he gets his heart frozen and it can only be fixed by love. So if we take the spoilers from yesterday, Hook and Emma run after Elsa, she attacks him, Hook's heart goes cold, and Emma has to spend the rest of 4A trying to win his love like he did with her in 3B.

And yea, the closed half-season does kind of suck, but I hope the Frozen stuff gets out of their system and they can spend 4B dealing with the people in Storybrooke somehow. I wish someone would ask them about this at Comic-Con. I know they've probably heard from fans already but at what point are we going to get back to focusing on the stories of the Storybrookers again?

Edited by sharky

hope the Frozen stuff gets out of their system and they can spend 4B dealing with the people in Storybrooke somehow.

Sadly, they will find some other "new toy" for 4B. There's pretty much 99.9% certainty of that. With the box office success of Maleficient, I'm guessing they will go there in 4B or 5A.

• Love 2

Yeah, that is the one good thing about the Maleficient movie having success. They are as dumb as a box of hair (to use their own words) for not utilizing such an awesome villain in the first place.

The  spoiler and commentary from the show runner seem to really imply that this half will be once upon frozen with the assistance of the main cast.
They even said it is like a fanfiction, so they downplay their own story because their afraid of the potential backclash?

I'm not sure I like it.

Some spoiler said, that last night shoot had Regina lash out at Emma and afterEmma looking sad.

So, I guess she was going to Rumple for some comfort as the Charming regroup for thinking about the situation. Some said that Robin was chasing Regina and that Marian was angry. It does really look like a soap!
The motorcycle could be Kristof or the Knave. But the knave seems just out of this story that I hope we see as little as possible.

For Mitchell character the Ice Queen and the mother are likely. and my personal hope is she linked to snow because the terrible winter  you given her name

(edited)

For Mitchell character the Ice Queen and the mother are likely. and my personal hope is she linked to snow because the terrible winter you given her name

The Ice Queen was pregnant the same year as Eva, and after Eva pushed the Ice Queen out of the way to go to the washroom at one of the Royal Balls, the Ice Queen lost control of her powers in anger resulting in an eternal winter. The only way to end one of those is to bring Santa Claus to town, which is what our "heroes" must do to end Elsa's eternal winter.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)

As a Captain Swan fan myself, I'm a little worried this means something happens to Hook. We've been speculating that perhaps he gets his heart frozen and it can only be fixed by love. So if we take the spoilers from yesterday, Hook and Emma run after Elsa, she attacks him, Hook's heart goes cold, and Emma has to spend the rest of 4A trying to win his love

Since the comparisons with Han Solo started I've been expecting something like that to happen, and after Hook's conversation with Charming in the past we can be sure something like this would happen sooner rather than later.

(I hate writing from my phone)

Edited by RadioGirl27
Elsa, she attacks him, Hook's heart goes cold, and Emma has to spend the rest of 4A trying to win his love like he did with her in 3B.

In Frozen, Anna doesn't lose the capacity to love when her heart is frozen. She's losing her life. It is her capacity to love that saves her because she performs an act out of love for her sister. Elsa also doesn't attack people on purpose, they kind of get hit in the cross-fire.

Since Elsa isn't intended to be a villain in Once, I can't see her attacking Hook (unless he is attacking her and he's supposed to be on the side of good, so why is he doing that?).  I also don't see them changing what happens with a frozen heart. I could see one of the characters getting hit in the cross-fire struggling along with a frozen heart not realizing the implications (much as Anna did) until it's almost too late and then sacrificing themselves for a loved one.

The Ice Queen was pregnant the same year as Eva, and after Eva pushed the Ice Queen out of the way to go to the washroom at one of the Royal Balls, the Ice Queen lost control of her powers in anger resulting in an eternal winter.

That Eva really is the root of all evil isn't she?

(edited)

Rick, it's just a rumor for now, but the president of ABC said it's a possibility. From Eonline:

"We don't have immediate plans for a Frozen spinoff, but they're so inventive, those two…" ABC president Paul Lee told me today at the TCA Press Tour in Beverly Hills, as he met with reporters to talk Fall TV, referring to OUAT executive producers Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis.

Though ABC's first attempt at a OUAT spinoff, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, failed this past season, Lee said that does not rule out the chance for another new Once-inspired series.

"Eddy and Adam are endlessly inventive, so they have glints in their eyes of stories that they can spin for years to come. So it certainly doesn't rule out their ability or my ability to go beyond Once."

And for anyone concerned that it's just too soon to do Frozen on the ABC fairytale series, Lee told me he has no doubts whatsoever.
"Absolutely not," Lee said. "Frozen is a wonderful asset. John Lassiter (executive producer of the Frozen film), himself flew up to Vancouver, he's integrally related to the way we're doing that. Adam and Eddie always have a twist on every story, so you can imagine their twist is going to be very different. But no, I think it's the perfect time. We're thrilled with it."

I wonder if the quote about not giving up on the ones you love just doesn't have to do with the Frozen story line? Maybe it's Elsa not giving up on Anna, if she's imprisoned somewhere. Or it's Anna not giving up on Elsa, if Elsa is going evil (which I can't see happening). Or if their mother is involved, and is evil, it could be the sisters not giving up on her. I'm sure there is some good/evil/redemption thing that will happen.

And can I just say how happy I am that this board exists! The comments in the First Look at Elsa article on Yahoo made my blood boil. The majority of the comments were horrible, with people actually calling her obese and ugly. At least when people here criticize, they actually make sense, even if you don't agree with them.

Edited by pezgirl7

Jen and Colin are on set, currently doing the "we're under attack!" scene with Grumpy interrupting them again. I wonder if yesterday they just did reharsal, and today is the real thing? Or for some reason the scene didn't turn out well?

I actually like the frozen heart business as a spin the True Loves Kiss.  We've all been complaining about how diluted true love has become.  I mean, if Regina can pull one out, what does it really mean anymore?  Frozen hearts give them a chance to one up the kiss.  It's about action right now as much as feeling.  I mean, in Frozen they pretty much make fun of TLK being pretty meaningless.  I think this does give Emma (I hope...as she was supposed to be the heroine of this piece back in the day) the chance to show that their love goes beyond feeling to doing.  

And while I've been saying from essentially the minute after the episode aired that we could expect absolutely no changes to the Frozen movie cannon, I can see them playing around with this.  Watching someone freeze to death for 30 minutes is one thing, but 11 hours of it is totally different.  And if we are seeing the Ice Queen on top of Elsa, it's possible her powers work a little differently.  

I think ABC/Disney are in "wait and see" mode regarding everything Frozen. If it hits as OUATS live action version there's going to be enormous pressure to wither spin them off or keep them around as part of the main cast. If after a couple of episodes the huge hype becomes a  huge backlash and/or does nothing for the ratings then they'll probably leave well enough alone. Personally I'm not sure they'd be able to sustain a weekly Elsa-Anna-Kristoff series either live action or animated, especially if OUAT goes overboard in the same way they did with Neverland and Oz etc. The old cartoons they did of their 90s/early 2000 popular movies quite often flopped and/or were terrible brand expanders.

?  Frozen hearts give them a chance to one up the kiss.  It's about action right now as much as feeling.  I mean, in Frozen they pretty much make fun of TLK being pretty meaningless.

That would actually be a breath of fresh air to the OUAT cannon. I mean OUAT has also done that TLK doesn't have to be romantic, but it has become both rather stale and lightweight in recent seasons.

• Love 1

That would actually be a breath of fresh air to the OUAT cannon. I mean OUAT has also done that TLK doesn't have to be romantic, but it has become both rather stale and lightweight in recent seasons.

The TLK makes me roll my eyes to be honest.  It's almost like a running joke on the show.  I'm hoping they decide to go beyond that at this point.

If EM turns out to be the Frozens mother, I'd be extremely disappointed personally.  If they're not going to mess with Frozen too much, would they actually give those girls a mother on the show?

Jen and Colin are on set, currently doing the "we're under attack!" scene with Grumpy interrupting them again. I wonder if yesterday they just did reharsal, and today is the real thing? Or for some reason the scene didn't turn out well?

I don't think we ever saw any pics of them in that scene where Colin had the coat on, so they must have just rehearsed it yesterday.

My gut tells me Mitchell is their mum, especially based on the fact that we know the whole season opens with a "regal woman" on a ship that appears to be hit by a storm. Not to mention the fact that she looks a lot like Georgina Haig. 

However, I think there is a case to be made for snow queen because of the whole "never give up on the people you love" thing and how that might tie into the whole frozen heart dealio. Not that Elsa can't freeze someone's heart, but the mythology of that freezing making the freezee cold and heartless (rather than just killing them) is from the snow queen and I can definitely see them going there. 

As I always enjoy some "out of their element" hijinks, I'd enjoy seeing even a brief scene between Elsa and Marian comparing "WTF is going on in this world?" notes. Bonus points if Hook tries to help, getting half the explanations wrong (I suspect he still just smiles and nods half the time).

RE: Regina crying/fighting with Emma/running out of Granny's -- based on what I have read, it seems a bit like a case of purple monkey dishwasher to me. I think it went from speculation to people assuming it was legit info. From what I can tell, none of the onlookers could see what happened in the scene/s. All they could see was which cast members were present.

The Ice Queen was pregnant the same year as Eva, and after Eva pushed the Ice Queen out of the way to go to the washroom at one of the Royal Balls, the Ice Queen lost control of her powers in anger resulting in an eternal winter.

Totally could happen but there no need for Santa Claus when Regina Can warm up all Story book with her light magic just after Mariam is killed by the Ice Queen.

Elsa, she attacks him, Hook's heart goes cold, and Emma has to spend the rest of 4A trying to win his love like he did with her in 3B.

I do really want a storyline like that to happening, but not so soon!

I want capitaine Swan together solving the mystery for longer, before Emma have to defroze him ( mix of Lia Han Solo and Frozen)

Theys kind of Save the shown for me, they really are adorable in those yesterday picture

The majority of the comments were horrible, with people actually calling her obese and ugly.

Seriously? In what universe would she be considered obese or ugly? This is why showrunners should be very careful about catering to the whims of Internet fandom. They could end up listening to people like that. (This board, on the other hand ...)

I actually like the frozen heart business as a spin the True Loves Kiss.  We've all been complaining about how diluted true love has become.  I mean, if Regina can pull one out, what does it really mean anymore?  Frozen hearts give them a chance to one up the kiss.  It's about action right now as much as feeling.

Yes. Anyone can kiss. It doesn't take a lot, isn't a risk, isn't putting anything on the line. Even someone who doesn't love can kiss someone. An Act of True Love raises the bar because it's something only someone who really loves would do. If this is something they do with Emma and Hook, then I could see it working something like in the movie, where it's an accident because he's in the wrong place at the wrong time -- perhaps shielding Emma, perhaps getting between Elsa and someone who's attacking her, and then it's the fact that he does love so strongly (it took him centuries to get over his last love) that keeps him alive, but Emma has to do something to really save him. But I wouldn't expect that to kick off in the premiere. I'd guess it more for near the finale, possibly the cliffhanger before part two of the mid-season finale.

I believe A&E mentioned in another interview, or at least heavily implied it, that they weren't going to do the original Snow Queen story, but focus entirely on Frozen. My memory might be fuzzy, and I don't know where the source is, but it was one of the Q/A articles that immediately followed the finale. One of the questions asked if they were going to use the original story at all or stick with Frozen.

If this is something they do with Emma and Hook, then I could see it working something like in the movie, where it's an accident because he's in the wrong place at the wrong time -- perhaps shielding Emma, perhaps getting between Elsa and someone who's attacking her, and then it's the fact that he does love so strongly (it took him centuries to get over his last love) that keeps him alive, but Emma has to do something to really save him. But I wouldn't expect that to kick off in the premiere. I'd guess it more for near the finale, possibly the cliffhanger before part two of the mid-season finale.

This is a weird one because technically Emma already gave him a love-inspirred kiss when she lost her magic. Not a TLK but a kiss with serious emotion none the less. But you can't have Hook kiss Emma to save her because he's already done so much to show his love for her. If they play it right, I could see it working as a Han and Leia angle -- I mean, frozen heart and frozen carbonite? C'mon! But it can't be another "Emma kisses Hook to save him" since we've been there, done that.

But it can't be another "Emma kisses Hook to save him" since we've been there, done that.

Awhiles back, someone on here speculated that they might go the full Snow Queen route with Hook -- unbeknownst to Emma, his heart is frozen, and it basically turns him into an asshole. She eventually works out what happened -- or someone else tells her and she has to trust that they're right -- and TLKs him back to normal. So in that scenario, while there would technically be a kiss, it is more about her taking a leap of faith that he is still the guy she fell for deep down, and not an actual jerk. So that's kinda where my mind was tying it to the "never give up on the people you love" thing. 

I quite like that as a concept. I think Emma kind of expects every guy to end up being a jerk ("as usual, he wasn't who he said he was and I got my heart broken"), so this would really challenge her to work past that and make herself completely vulnerable. 

On the other hand, it may be getting too far away from the "Frozen" stuff. And it is a little reminiscent of the cursed lips thing. 

But I think there pretty much has to be a road block for them this season — something that pushes Emma to take a leap of faith, or make a grand gesture, or something — and I agree that "Hook gets iced, almost dies, Emma saves him" doesn't cut it, because she already did that with the drowning.  

This is a weird one because technically Emma already gave him a love-inspirred kiss when she lost her magic. 

CPR doesn't count!

But more seriously, I think there is some interesting stuff with the TLK they could explore, but they just haven't done it.  I was kind of hoping it would work last season so that we could see what happens when the kiss beats you to the punch.  Can you have a true love's kiss when you haven't admitted your feelings to yourself?  But from the examples we've seen so far, it does appear that you have to believe it's true loves kiss for it to work.  I will fanwank that the reason Zelena's kiss didn't work last season was that Emma couldn't admit her feelings to herself.  Which gives us this season to build on this season. 

I also think that this is one of the other opportunities we have with the frozen heart.  If it does turn Hook into a douchenozzle, it has no affect on the act of purse love.  We know that TLK has to go both ways, but we don't know that about our frozen heart scenario.  So we could have it bring Hook back (from his highly theoretical frozen heart scenario) in a way that the kiss never could.

I also like this idea, because if it is going to work we have to get some solid relationship development between Emma and Hook before it all goes to pot.

• Love 1
Awhiles back, someone on here speculated that they might go the full Snow Queen route with Hook -- unbeknownst to Emma, his heart is frozen, and it basically turns him into an asshole.

Considering there is a segment of show fans who already consider Hook an a$$hole who blackmailed and "rape cultured" Emma into a relationship....I really, really, really would recommend against the show taking that route.  Hook may be unredeemable after surviving the "a$$hole curse" and people will use it as evidence that Emma has some psychological problem that causes her to be attracted to "rape culture" a$$holes and that the show needs to break them up for the benefit of mankind.

• Love 1