Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Not only Regina is there, so is Henry. Funniest date ever.

Mileage varies. I could get behind a half-season of Regina and Henry inadvertently cock-blocking Hook. 

I do love Belle's "Oh, God, get me out of here" expression in the one where she and Hook are at the counter with Snow and Granny.

If I were Belle, I'd be longing for a nice stack of books and my old padded cell in Regina's little asylum. Peace and quiet.

Edited by Amerilla

Awww...when I first saw the photo of the dog, I was hoping it was Cruella in shapeshifter form. But I'm still holding out hope that that theory is true!

And cue the #SwanQueen fans writing extensive metas about how Emma is actually secretly into Regina in that trio shot because Emma purposely situated herself directly across the table so she can better can stare into her eyes, but then completely ignore the fact that Emma is holding onto Hook's hook.

Edited by Curio
Mileage varies. I could get behind a half-season of Regina and Henry inadvertently cock-blocking Hook.

Back in the corner with you!

Before everyone jumps on Regina being an interloper, notice that there are five plates on the table. That's a dinner or a celebration -- it's not a Captain Swan date.

It looks like a "family" dinner, pot luck type of thing going on.  Belle is there, Granny, even Snow and Hook seem to be laughing together (Twilight Zone anyone?), Regina looks like her depressive-self, Henry is probably doing research on the Author with that magnifying glass and book.  David probably ran to the bathroom and decided not to go back because of the weirdness.

• Love 2

Team Villain flashbacks... are they really necessary? I thought 4x11 did enough exposition of them in EF. I really don't look forward to watching the four of them whine about villains not getting happy endings. Speaking which, I'm tired of seeing Regina sitting next to people and having conversations. You could make a drinking game out of that.

In the picture with Regina visibly upset in the booth next to Emma's coffee cup, it appears she got some bad news or something. She looks extremely troubled, even for her. Then there's Emma saying "We'll find him, Regina" and that scene in her office with her crying in the promo. Hope to God she isn't preggers.

Edited by KingOfHearts

The fact that Regina is sitting with Hook and Emma is not the strangest thing about those photos to me, since I figured she would be there with the rest of the family. It's all the pineapple with olives. Like seriously, what the heck is that? I love the photo of Emma and Hook smiling at each other. So adorable.

The Snow and Hook looking chummy and like they are sharing a joke is really odd to me. I'm not upset about it, but I'm wondering who got hit in the head.

I wonder if that's not a behind the scenes pic?

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1

The fact that Regina is sitting with Hook and Emma is not the strangest thing about those photos to me, since I figured she would be there with the rest of the family. It's all the pineapple with olives. Like seriously, what the heck is that? I love the photo of Emma and Hook smiling at each other. So adorable.

I keep going back to the pineapple and olives myself. I'm guessing everyone who came to the potluck consulted the only party planning cookbook the library had, which is apparently a Better Homes and Gardens from the 1950s.

Oh, and no doubt Regina is there moping, but if she's sitting with CaptainSwan I dare hope she's stopped blaming Emma for ruining her life.

Cruella's doggie is cute. I bet she can control canines' minds by waving a magic bag of Beggin' Strips in front of them.

Edited by ABitOFluff

I wonder whose castle is getting purple-screened into Darkness HQ. Probably Maleficent's. That furniture looks to be more her style than Rumple's.

Also, I thought Cruella is supposed to hate dogs (hence the puppy skinning). Whose cute rottweiler is that? Another one of Mal's pets? She's got more animal friends than Snow.

Edit: Maybe all the pineapples means the Psych writers are taking over the show. A GIRL CAN DREAM.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie

What's with the counter full of pineapples stuck with skewers of. ...what, ham and olives? Has Granny been reading some 1960s guide to appetizers?

Its not normal.  There are at least four of those things.  Pineapple, mango, ham, olives.  I'm pretty sure one of those is a pineapple upside down cake.  What does it all mean?

They are just messing with us.  The fact that I've found a fairy tales about pigs, mango, pineapples, and a book of fairy tales called the Olive fairy book doesn't mean I fell for it.  I'm just bored.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

I just realized that in the picture with Regina, Hook, and Emma, Emma is holding Hook's hook.  That's adorable.  That's all I've got to say.  If I try to say anything else about the current spoilers I'll undo all the good tonight's yoga worked on my stress levels.

• Love 1

No, she hasn't. She's having her wine while CS are doing their thing. I'm sure she'll make some remark about the PDA because well Regina...

I don't like it when you guys have me defending Regina and that's twice in one night. I'm gonna go bang my head on a wall now.

• Love 3

In the picture with Regina visibly upset in the booth next to Emma's coffee cup

I read this as Regina being upset with Emma's coffee cup and find it amusing that I didn't even question my misread. Getting angry at helpless drinkware is totally in Regina's wheelhouse.

• Love 4

These latest stills have pushed me into the next stage of grief, from anger to bargaining.

Show, I can accept  that Regina is good now.  I can accept that she's in league and friends with the heroes, that they are having chummy little dinners together.  If you just don't assassinate Hook and Emma and Charming's character in favor of Regina or the new villains, I'll accept it. 

Sadly, I accepted Snow was irrevocably damaged a while ago.

• Love 1

So you basically liked all of 4A, yeah?

I would laugh if Granny hosts a party every single day Storybrooke hasn't had to fight off any evil villains for the past 6 weeks. Like, this just happens to be "Day 42 Without a Crisis," and they're running out of celebratory food because they never thought they could get past 30 days, so they're down to serving really weird combinations of pineapple, ham, and green olives. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

I want to know what kind of party this is that Granny needs FIVE different pineapple-olive-ham concoctions. FIVE! This really has me more intrigued than anything having to do with either Regina or Rumple. And Belle is actually reaching for a skewer.

One of them appears to be some sort of pudding or jello mold. I CAN'T EVEN.

On a completely different note, I never noticed that awesome forest wallpaper before. I want it.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie
  • Love 1

I'm not sure the still with Belle, Hook, Snow, and Granny is from the same scene as the others in Granny's. The lighting is totally different -- daytime versus nighttime -- and isn't Henry sitting where those gross hors d'oeuvres are? The still with Regina sitting in a booth also looks like it has daylight coming through the blinds, and I think the one they released earlier with Regina and Emma holding coffee cups is also in the light.

Maybe it's pre-whatever the celebration is, then later in the night?

Edited by retrograde
And Belle is actually reaching for a skewer.

Pregnancy cravings. Obviously. *evil cackle*

So you basically liked all of 4A, yeah?

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I just don't find Hook and Emma to be particularly "cute" or....well...interesting in any way, so like a lot of us in Non-CS-Shipper-Brooke, the low comedy of thwarted desire is really the best I can hope for at this point.

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 1

I don't like it when you guys have me defending Regina and that's twice in one night. I'm gonna go bang my head on a wall now.

Are you feeling okay? Maybe you need to imbibe some sort of restorative tonic and the Regina sympathy (and headaches) will pass.

Although to be honest, as long as Regina isn't victiming, complaining, insulting her friends(?) and family(?), or ranting about others making mistakes, I can live with her showing up in scenes. It's just that she does those other things so very often.

Maybe I need that restorative tonic.

Edited by Mari
Are you feeling okay? Maybe you need to imbibe some sort of restorative tonic and the Regina sympathy (and headaches) will pass.

Defending Regina is like getting drunk and then waking up with a hangover.  And since I drink once in a blue moon, the result is not very pretty.

Anyway, I think the writers need to learn that a character whining constantly about something doesn't make them sympathetic, it makes them annoying.  In 3B, I wanted to smack Emma repeatedly because of her New York mantra.  Not an episode went by that she didn't mention something about how awesome New York is and how she was going back.  And I actually love Emma.

It's a "family" dinner.  There are 6 plates, I'm assuming Belle is included in that and Henry will just be sitting at the counter (or outside, far from my screen.  Jared keeps growing.  He looks less awkward in the pics but we'll see).  They are either celebrating the release of the fairies or they are going to release them right after. Or it's the last nice thing they'll get to do before the shit really hits the fan.

Emma is playing with Hook's hook (this sounds somewhat dirty but it's not intended to be) while Regina is sitting there which will probably make her roll her eyes and snark at them to get a room (since she called him her boyfriend in Neverland, mentioned something about him pining for her, doey eyes and yearning looks, making eyes at each other) which will make CS shippers infinitely happy even if it's coming from Regina.

I think it sounds about right.  

So everything is ultimately about Regina.  At first, I really didn't understand how Regina would have a past with Ursula, given she impersonated her in "Ariel".  I suppose AFTER the events of "Ariel", Ursula could have shown up for real and met Regina then.  

She did.  Ursula knew about the impersonation and personally appeared to Regina and gave her a stern warning never to impersonate her again.  It was the only time that Regina actually feared anyone.

She did. Ursula knew about the impersonation and personally appeared to Regina and gave her a stern warning never to impersonate her again. It was the only time that Regina actually feared anyone.

Yes. And this is why I'm boggled that Ursula seems to be a relatively minor power who is now a villain. How did the powerful, ancient, relatively benevolent (at least to mermaids) being in Ariel's backstory turn into someone who flounces around the Enchanted Forest incompetently kidnapping Belle with third rate co villains?

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3
Yes. And this is why I'm boggled that Ursula seems to be a relatively minor power who is now a villain. How did the powerful, ancient, relatively benevolent (at least to mermaids) being in Ariel's backstory turn into someone who flounces around the Enchanted Forest incompetently kidnapping Belle with third rate co villains?

Her dad was an asshole?   You know it will happen!

I think they're going to mirror her back story with Ariel's.  Ariel, a mermaid who fell in love with a man and it worked out for her.  Ursula falls in love with a man and he freaks out because she really has tentacles.  Or he accepts her and loves her back but her father kills him and drags her back to the ocean, that's why she granted the mermaids the luxury of legs for  a time.

Regina knew enough about Ursula to impersonate her look and kind of attempted her voice, so I can handwave that they had at least met before "Ariel"

But they didn't.  Not until she came out of the mirror and threatened Regina.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Regina knew enough about Ursula to impersonate her look and kind of attempted her voice, so I can handwave that they had at least met before "Ariel". What I will not accept is if they make Ursula the SEA GODDESS somehow be a student of Rumple. No.

No, Ursula was a legend. No one had actually seen her in centuries, so Regina didn't need to impersonate her (other than the basics "has tentacles" stuff). She could dress/act/do whatever she wanted because Ariel had never actually seen Ursula so she couldn't call her on it.

• Love 1
No, Ursula was a legend. No one had actually seen her in centuries, so Regina didn't need to impersonate her (other than the basics "has tentacles" stuff). She could dress/act/do whatever she wanted because Ariel had never actually seen Ursula so she couldn't call her on it.

That's where Ursula hanging out with Cruella and Mal and confronting Rumple during the Belle era (probably around the time Ariel was hanging out with Snow) makes no sense. I could have bought them having had a past centuries ago, but if she's this legend no one has seen in centuries, how is she pulling petty extortion on Rumple?

I think I'm going to need to get a pineapple and make some snacks for the premiere. I may even have some of my mom's early 60s cookbooks. But I draw the line at mixing olives and pineapple, because yuck.

• Love 1
I'm sure we'll get the story of how she was good and righteous before someone wronged her and left her no choice but to act out in evil ways.

Doesn't say much about the maturity level of any of these characters.  You are wronged, kill a person or several, turn bad.

I'm sure their is a logical and satisfying explanation.

Sarcasm, right?

I'm very not looking forward to the flashbacks.  Why would Rumple even ally with them for his happy ending in the EF when he's basically ready to have his dark curse enacted so that he can find his son?

Why would Rumple even ally with them for his happy ending in the EF when he's basically ready to have his dark curse enacted so that he can find his son?

It could be the case where Rumple isn't actually aligning with them in the Enchanted Forest - he might just be gloating about how pathetic and futile their plan is. But yes, either way, I'm not really excited about those flashbacks.

Well, yes, that's what we all know, but like I said, if the show wants to retcon it so that Regina knew Ursula, I can handwave it. Maybe she was a mermaid legend specifically and hadn't been seen for centuries under the sea because she was actually living on land. Of all the dumb possible retcons, I can believe that one more than say, giving Cruella magic powers.

Worst thing is, I actually liked the take on Ursula in "Ariel". It felt fresh and original, and made me interested in her mythology and history. But now she's just a random villain who likely won't outlive the half-season. It's infuriating how these writers just piss on those few good ideas they've had in the past. Couldn't they use some obscure fairy tale villains instead of her and Cruella? Maleficent herself PLUS Rumple should be more than enough for 11 episodes. 

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 7

I was looking forward to Ursula coming to Once, but I thought she would be coming in all her Sea Goddess glory.  Rumple called her a sea witch.  The fuck!  That's insulting!   I was looking forward to the Greek mythology because they've already dropped some things related to that inside the Jolly Roger with the mermaid and Poseidon moldings and the Pegasus sail and the ship made of enchanted wood (Argo, Jason and the golden fleece).

I was probably looking too much into this.  It's really too bad.

Yeah, I have no ideas.

Interview with Kristen Bauer:

GALO: Speaking of Lana Parrilla, we got a brief glimpse at Maleficent’s uneasy relationship with Queen Regina in season one, when Regina confronted her to obtain a dark curse. Are we going to get a deeper look at that relationship this season?

KBS: We do. Maleficent has a history. There was that one line in season one where they called each other “old friends.” This year, we find out what that history is. We have some very interesting flashbacks. Maleficent also has a history with Prince Charming (Josh Dallas).

The only interesting quotes from that TV Guide article:

"Cruella in particular is aptly named."

Good. Let's have at least one villain who relishes in their evilness.

Regina, who has reclaimed her job as mayor...

What the hell was the point of Snow becoming mayor in 4A if the writers were just going to throw that all out in 4B? It would make more sense if Snow only took on the job temporarily while Regina was moping around and not handling her duties well, but they came up with the lame excuse that Snow was mayor because she "cast" the second curse. God, This Show™.

...and Emma will inadvertently release a prominent creature from Disney lore.

Interesting that it's Emma [and Regina] who accidentally release Mal. 

"this monster is not just about wanton destruction. It will lead to a startling revelation about Emma - something that'll be huge news to the audience."

Yeah... I doubt it's going to be that big of news. If this is the first time we're hearing about it, then it's not going to be a big plot point.

Edited by Curio

Could the thing they release be something trapped in the hat?

The way the article words it, "Emma will inadvertently release a prominent creature from Disney lore," it just sounds like they're talking about Maleficent in dragon form.

Interesting that it's Emma who accidentally releases her.

It says both Regina and Emma release whatever accidentally.

Regina who has reclaimed her job as Mayor, and Emma will inadvertently release a prominent creature from Disney lore.

It says both Regina and Emma release whatever accidentally.

Aha. Yep, you're right. Damn commas! I also forgot to mention this quote in my last post, but this is also kind of intriguing:

Gold and his devious divas prepare for an Oz-like journey where "good and evil are not so black and white"

An "Oz-like" journey might explain why we're getting a Zelena flashback.

Edited by Curio
An "Oz-like" journey might explain why we're getting a Zelena flashback.

Maybe what Rumple needs Robin to retrieve from the store in NYC has to do with this "Oz-like" journey.

Am I the only getting a bigger headache by the spoiler?  Just me?  I think I need a vacation before the show comes back.

Regina who has reclaimed her job as Mayor

What the hell!  Snow being mayor was one of the few new ideas that could have had some interesting potential (which was NOT yet fulfilled from 4A).  How frustrating can this show be?  They always come up with more crap to throw at us.

I had "Hail to the Princess Aurora" (from the soundtrack to Sleeping Beauty) stuck in my head, except now the lyrics have changed to "Hail to the Empress Regina".

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Did they have an election or did Snow just shrug and say 'too busy with the baby, Regina you do it.'?

I actually find it odd that they go out of the way to give details that are just flat out nonsensical.  We probably would have shrugged if who was Mayor never came up again and they just had the Charmings and Regina and Emma solve problems as some kind of unit.

Regina as Mayor doesn't make sense unless they need her to have power to make decisions and force the Sheriff(s) to go along with it.

Edited by ParadoxLost

What the hell!  Snow being mayor was one of the few new ideas that could have had some interesting potential (which was NOT yet fulfilled from 4A).  How frustrating can this show be?  They always come up with more crap to throw at us.

hated the Mayor Snow plot line with a burning passion. However, I don't see why they just threw it away without even really exploring it. It didn't get any closure (yet) either. We should have at least seen her either A) thinking about giving up the job or B) getting a handle on it. I don't see why Regina would even want the mayor job again. Did they just give it to her out of pity?

So they're saying "good and evil aren't so black and white", yet they're also saying we're going to see "what makes a hero and what makes a villain"? Keeping their story consistent, I see.

Edited by KingOfHearts