Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

In the first sneak peak, Rumple orders Hook to keep Anna away from the shop. Anna shows up at the Honeymoon house in the episode photos. Any chance Hook is doing some Rumple-style parsing there and told Anna to go to the house? "You said to keep her away from the shop...the house is away from the shop!"

Robin is Belle (Emily seems like a really lovely girl too) dressed in green.

Robin is worse than Belle. Belle is just delusional about Rumple - she's not pretending to be honorable while cheating on the husband that sacrificed everything for her while said husband lies dying.  Robin is both delusional and a douche.

The new husband in Castaway wasn't the one who left Tom Hanks stranded on a deserted island and then took up with his wife while he was gone.

Up to Marian's return, they weren't being disrespectful. The disrespect came in that they took the relationship to the next level while Marian was back on the scene and while Marian was under a curse. There is no way to give that a positive spin. That is flat-out adultery. At least wait until you know if she's going to live or die, and then make a decision and tell her. Don't do it while she's present but incapacitated.

• Love 8

Folks,

Discussion about what has already happened with Regina, Robin and Marian does not belong in the spoilers thread. Please take that to the Relationships or one of the character threads. Discussion of future actions based on spoilers can stay here.

The lovingly "bonking in the crypt couple" seem to think there is nothing wrong with the fact that they committed skeevy adultery. The way this plot development is unfolding, they treat it like a *aren't we tres' cool* game. It was slutty to the core, pals, own it with at least some maturity, please.

About the blind item spoiler: Could easily be Regina and I believe a few of us here even suggested that pregnancy was what was coming when they had the crypt copulation scene. (Parilla, newly married, could be pregnant as well.) But even IF, how can anything change the DNA of Once when it has as many 180's flip flops and gaping plot holes from hell already?

The dagger spoilers are totally intriguing, but frankly as someone mentioned above, with the timing restraints and sheer amount of stories to wrap up in any given episode, they won't give us any of the detailed plotlines that most fans can readily and quite creatively come up with.

how can anything change the DNA of Once when it has as many 180's flip flops and gaping plot holes from hell already?

Well, when you're introducing a new baby into the world, you're literally changing the DNA of the show... because of the new body that is made up of DNA... Yeah I'll shut up now.

And if I lived closer to Vancouver, I'd totally stalk the set and steal Emma's new navy blue peacoat she's wearing in those spoiler photos. (I have fashion envy for most of Emma's wardrobe, though.)

From that yvrshoots link about the Belle/Hook scene:

There is one other commonality between Once Upon a Time and a typical Supernatural shoot that is too spoilery to mention.

Now I'm, trying to think back to when I watched Supernatural and figure out what that means.

So, Colin does feel the cold! This may be the first time I've seen him wear a winter coat.

Hook looks pensive in that last photo, where he is holding the Dagger. Color me intrigued!

Edited by Rumsy4

Those CS photos! I really hope that's an actual scene (it looks like it). I love how their smiles just continue to grow with each picture.

I really like Emma's peacoat too. A very nautical look she's adopting there!

Edited by ABitOFluff

So, Colin does feel the cold! This may be the first time I've seen him wear a winter coat.

Hook looks pensive in that last photo, where he is holding the Dagger. Color me intrigued!

It's so weird seeing him in a coat. But if they are getting rainy weather, then it could be extra chilly.

This dagger situation is indeed interesting. Makes me excited about 4b. Although, I wish they'd focus more on the finale that has yet to air instead of having a bunch of interviews on something that's happening a couple months from now.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

All I can think about with those pictures in the rain is the poor, wet actors and how horribly uncomfortable they must have been. At least the crew could have hats and rainproof gear. I cannot STAND being cold and wet, so the pics make me cringe for them.

Beyond that, it looks like neither Hook nor Belle wants the dagger. "You take it! No, I don't want it! You take it! Ugh, rock, paper, scissors?" It seems like she gives him the dagger, he tries to give it back, but she won't take it. So IMO that makes it much less likely that Hook gets Dark One'd -- I don't think he'd try to give Belle back the dagger if it could control him.

Interesting indeed that there was a Hook/Rumple scene after.

I think the Colin/JMo pics are probably them and not CS in-scene, since Colin doesn't have the hook on. Could be rehearsal, I guess, but it seems more the actors to me. Speaking of CS, I really hope Hook tells Emma about the dagger! I'm tired of secrets.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

IA with whoever said that Hook and Emma both seem too relaxed in the pix from 4X12 to be worried about where Rumple's gone off with or hidden his heart. I think he gets it back in 4X11. Time will tell.

As for the BI, Grimm is another possible candidate. I thought Nick and Juliette were fairly solid as a couple, but I could be wrong. Or it's another show altogether.

I just don't want Hook to join the villain/hero flip-flopping, whether or not he has the dagger. He's actually had a decent redemption story and really seems to want to try to be a better man. In fact, a lot of the mess he's in is because he was willing to give up his hand again rather than risk going back to the way he used to be. If he does have possession of the dagger, I'd hope that he wouldn't use it for anything more diabolical than ordering Rumple to behave like a decent human being (which is its own kind of torture).

I could, however, allow him to force Rumple to cluck like a chicken in the middle of Main Street just once. That would be mild compared to what Rumple forced him to do.

For the Supernatural reference, all I can think of was when they dug up bodies to salt and burn them to put ghosts to rest. I'm not sure how that applies to the dagger other than maybe the Supernatural Dagger That Can Kill Anything (Except When It Can't). I gave up Supernatural years ago.

• Love 2

TV Guide interview with Lana Parrilla. I think this is the only spoilery stuff:

From tumblr:

NOT SURE IF AN EXTENDED VERSION OF THE PROMO FOR 'HEROES AND VILLAINS' HAS BEEN AIRING IN THE U.S., BUT HERE IN CANADA THE PROMO HAS A CLIP FROM THE SNEAK PEEK THAT WAS RECENTLY RELEASED ("ANNA'S A DANGER TO YOU."); ELSA SAYING, "WE NEED TO FIND A WAY BACK - NOW." WITH EMMA RESPONDING, "WE NEED TO FIND A PORTAL."; AND ANNA FACING EMMA WHILE EMMA SAYS, "SO GOLD WAS PLAYING US THE WHOLE TIME."

Canadians?

True. I saw it tonight.

Other scenes in it: Hook and Rumple laughing. Anna walking through the portal door in that empty mansion from earlier in the season. Rumple saying he's about to get everything he desires. Robin and Regina kissing. Someone in a dark cloak grabbing Belle.  Elsa trying to cross the town line. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

True. I saw it tonight.

Other scenes in it: Hook and Rumple laughing. 

Well, now, THAT'S the weirdest, most inexplicable spoiler I've ever heard! WTF are those two going to be laughing together about?

• Love 1

Well, now, THAT'S the weirdest, most inexplicable spoiler I've ever heard! WTF are those two going to be laughing together about?

Hook made some type of one-liner. I couldn't tell what he said. It was the first scene where I wasn't paying attention at first. 

So, I will laugh HARD if Belle switched the fake dagger with the real one to pay Rumple back.  Hook summons him to see if it's working, Rumple shows up and is all confused because he has the dagger, but he doesn't.  That would be such a nice payback!

ETA - I find the whole rain during the dagger filming so very fitting.  Dark, raining, sort of creepy location.  

I also see that Belle is driving Rumple's car.  And i know that Hook is mostly on foot which sort of sucks when it's raining like that.

Edited by YaddaYadda

So, I will laugh HARD if Belle switched the fake dagger with the real one to pay Rumple back.  Hook summons him to see if it's working, Rumple shows up and is all confused because he has the dagger, but he doesn't.  That would be such a nice payback!

Do we know for sure that Hook will have his heart back by this time?

And if he doesn't--which takes precedence?  If Hook doesn't have his heart, could he control the dagger? I know Cora apparently could, but she was technically in possession of her heart, even if she wasn't using it. 

Edited by Mari

I don't think the blind item is Regina. She's not the main character. Reg being pregnant wouldn't alter the DNA of the show. The show isn't coming back until March so it's hardly "early" in the new year.

I think it's odd for the episode that the Frozens are still in SB. I feel like we needed an episode in between to just deal with SB and introduce the new villains.

I suppose Belle will be finally seen as a hero by getting Hook's heart back. Emma will implant the heart. Robin will go through door with his family to Arendelle after Regina tells him to or wipes his memory.

For the amount of promotion being all about OQ and the QofD when the description is about Rumple and Hook it feels like 2 different episodes thrown into 42 minutes.

Do we know for sure that Hook will have his heart back by this time?

We don't know, but I'm starting to think that maybe he doesn't. I have had this crazy idea while I was watching those pics, that they are going to stop Rumple from freeing himself from the dagger but he is going to keep Hook's heart, only that instead of killing him he is going to keep using him as his pawn. Hook is going to convince Belle to give him the dagger and then he is going to give it to Rumple. It's stupid and contrived, and it would make Emma look stupid for not realizing her boyfriend is heartless, so it's something I can imagine A&E doing.

• Love 1

Maybe Rumple's making him join in on some maniacal laughter? But if they're laughing after something Killy said? I have no idea. Maybe they're laughing at all the good, wonderful times they've shared.

I like Mal's storybrooke outfit.

Oh god, that description matches Regina and Robin too perfectly. Way too perfectly. I can't think of any other couple on broadcast that spoiler could be describing. Please, Adam & Eddy... one baby is already one too many!

There is no chance in hell that this is OUAT.  It makes no sense for it to be Regina and Robin and we are forgetting that blind items always have other clues, not just the ones that are pointed out, and nothing in there points to OUAT other than show age and almost all shows are that age.  Personally, I thought there was a fairly obvious candidate which I'm putting in spoiler tags.  Its not that I know any spoilers, but its a different show and I have a tendency to overestimate the rightness of my guesses even when they are wrong.  But I really think I'm right about this so don't read the text under spoiler tags unless you are sure.

Scandal. The timing that defies television convention is to make a character pregnant after the lead actress gave birth. DNA is a hint at a 'Who is the Daddy' between Fitz and Jake. Guessing Prez/Olivia hookup post resolution of mid-season finale events.  Implications being around for a good while would be a Presidential love child. Any other show is going to put the kid with a sitter or upstairs and ignore it after a while.

Just read backwards and YaddaYadda beat me to it.

Edited by ParadoxLost

In the first sneak peak, Rumple orders Hook to keep Anna away from the shop.

I'm getting really, really tired of Rumple monologuing and Hook just standing there making snide remarks. We've already seen this scene like five times this season, with very little variation. It's not all that interesting after a while. It's annoying to see Hook as a slave to darkness against his will. Can we get some CS intervention in here...?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

Christie Laing posted a pic of reindeer on-set. Not sure if it's from the earlier Sven ep, or possibly we get a scene of the Frozen trio back in Arendelle and reuniting with Sven to plan their storming of the castle to take it back from Hans & His Hot Bros.

There's also a pic of her in frozen-Marian makeup.

I'm getting really, really tired of Rumple monologuing and Hook just standing there making snide remarks. We've already seen this scene like five times this season, with very little variation. It's not all that interesting after a while. It's annoying to see Hook as a slave to darkness against his will. Can we get some CS intervention in here...?

Accidentally watched the sneak peek first without sound - and thought, wait, is that new or is the link mixed up, because could have sworn I saw that very scene like weeks ago already.

• Love 1
So there's actually a person who is kind of in charge of setting rules for magic? And of course Rumple would want to make Killy feel as miserable as possible. Typical Rumple.

I don't know if that bit about the controller being able to basically dictate what emotions you can feel makes the whole magic heart stuff more complicated or not. It would kind of make a little sense; everyone was pretty miserable in season 1, probably because Regina wouldn't really allow them to be happy. Anyways, I suppose this is more for the magic/curse thread so I'll stop here.

Emma looks like she's about to go punch someone.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

So there's actually a person who is kind of in charge of setting rules for magic?

I read it more as "a person in charge of retrospectively inventing/rewriting the rules to justify new scripts so the actors don't go insane. Edited by retrograde
  • Love 4

From the interview:

But O'Donoghue isn't sure which category his character falls in, which could be problematic for the pair if only heroes are rewarded by the mysterious Author and villains end up unhappy.

I'm not sure where to post this, maybe in the relationships thread, but that makes me wonder what happens if a "hero" and a "villain" fall in love? If their happy endings are with each other, who gets a happy ending and who doesn't? 

I'm not sure where to post this, maybe in the relationships thread, but that makes me wonder what happens if a "hero" and a "villain" fall in love? If their happy endings are with each other, who gets a happy ending and who doesn't?

The mind boggling conundrum of Outlaw Queen. Though, from recent events, they're probably both villains.

So, Rumple has the dagger too? How in the world does that fit? It would be totally awesome if he had a fake and Belle was pulling the wool over his eyes. (Or even better, she's known about it the whole time and has played dumb in an effort to stick it to him when it hurts the most.)

Edited by KingOfHearts

The mind boggling conundrum of Outlaw Queen. Though, from recent events, they're probably both villains.

Oh yeah, I didn't even consider them. Probably because I refuse to believe Robin Hood's happy ending is with Regina. They've been trying to shoehorn Regina in with the "heroes" anyway. 

Not like it matters. If something contradicts a previous statement/rule/scene they'll just find a way to rationalize it anyway. You can't feel without a heart, except when you can. Belle has the fake dagger, except when she doesn't.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie

It really bugs that they are trying to make the writer of the book the one who is responsible for everyone's happy ending.  Does that mean Emma is the author?  I mean the whole mantra is that she's supposed to bring everyone's happy ending, so...what now?  She was so focused on that during 401 and then said the same thing last episode about bringing everyone's happy ending.

The more things go, the less i understand about a book that was written about events that have ALREADY HAPPENED.  The book is called Once Upon a Time, not Once Upon the Future.  Our past is already written whatever we did, we did.  If we made mistake, hurt people, we can apologize, make amends, be repentant about them and learn from our mistakes, try and be better.

This is where the disconnect is for me and this message about the book sucks ass.  Everyone sounds ridiculous when they talk about the book and operation mongoose and whatever contrivance related to it.  I hate that extra page that appeared out of thin air.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

It really bugs that they are trying to make the writer of the book the one who is responsible for everyone's happy ending.  Does that mean Emma is the author?  I mean the whole mantra is that she's supposed to bring everyone's happy ending, so...what now?  She was so focused on that during 401 and then said the same thing last episode about bringing everyone's happy ending.

The more things go, the less i understand about a book that was written about events that have ALREADY HAPPENED.  The book is called Once Upon a Time, not Once Upon the Future.  Our past is already written whatever we did, we did.  If we made mistake, hurt people, we can apologize, make amends, be repentant about them and learn from our mistakes, try and be better.

I think the Sorcerer is going to end up being the author.  As for Emma bringing the happy endings back?  Well, why have Emma do it when you can have Regina do it?   Many of us might be ready for Emma and the Charmings to be the heroes and main characters again, but A&E seem to focus any attention they can on Regina and her "redemption".

I'm disgusted by it, but I'm almost expecting to find out that Regina's ridiculous Operation Mongoose theory is going to turn out to be correct, just because that would mean Regina's managed to yet again do something none of the other "heroes" have managed to do.

And apparently (according to comments made in interviews) Regina's already made amends to everyone.  From what we've seen on screen, she's made amends by tolerating their presence with only occasional insults and helping them save her life.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 2
I'm disgusted by it, but I'm almost expecting to find out that Regina's ridiculous Operation Mongoose theory is going to turn out to be correct, just because that would mean Regina's managed to yet again do something none of the other "heroes" have managed to do.

I also believe the Sorcerer is the author of the book as well and i believe he knows what the future is.  I don't think for a second he would have let Ingrid in the Land without Magic if he hadn't known exactly how she would end.

And the heroes not managing to do anything regarding the book or finding its author is because they don't seek to change the past.  They make mistakes and they GROW from them.  They don't sit there and cry why me over and over.  If there's anyone on this show who should be complaining about anything, it's Emma. Regina may have had a batshit crazy mother, but she also had a loving father whom she chose to sacrifice to get her revenge, Rumple had those women who took him in even though they didn't have to.  

Anyway...back to spoilers...This is the second interview CO'D says Hook loves Emma.  He's not even being coy about it.  I'm assuming that something along these lines is coming tomorrow.

• Love 2

I don't think this Access Hollywood interview with Lana Parrilla has been posted. It's mostly the same stuff from other interviews, but the kicker is interesting:

"Once Upon a Time" wraps up its 2014 run on Sunday at 8/7c on ABC, and fans should be prepared for a serious cliffhanger.

"It will definitely be a big one," she said.

I'm pretty sure this is the first we've heard of any notable cliffhanger. I mean, I expected there to be some things only teased and left unanswered, but still. I wonder if it's just the arrival of the trio, or a cliffhanger with the main cast?