Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I thought Cruella was for 4B, along with Maleficent? Or are they bringing her in at the end of 4A?

I thought they were hinting at brief appearances for Maleficent and Cruella in the 4A finale to set up 4B? Or maybe I read that wrong. But I guess what I was trying to say is if the entire 4B plot from beginning to end is villains getting their happy endings, then that means Regina discovers who the author of the story book is during the 4A finale, so she can force ask them to give villains happy endings to set up 4B.

And this is getting into speculation territory now so I'll stop rambling... 

But I guess what I was trying to say is if the entire 4B plot from beginning to end is villains getting their happy endings, then that means Regina discovers who the author of the story book is during the 4A finale, so she can force ask them to give villains happy endings to set up 4B.

I guess she does need a job now she's not mayor. She should set up a business, selling the happy endings to other evil doers.

I was never a Cruella fan but I could get on board if she is part of the team of villains. I do NOT want them to give her magic but she could be a great henchman for Maleficent. Maybe that's why there are three- two villains to fight and take out on the way to the real big bad, Maleficent. And while Cruella and whoever are causing trouble, She can be in the background stirring up the real revenge evil. I can't decide who the third might be though. Ursula seems too powerful and too big of a deal to be bump in the road to Maleficent. I really like the Lady Tremaine idea. She is more on Cruella's level.

If they want Yvette Nicole Brown to do Ursula again for any type of major arc, I don't think she'd be available right now. She quit Community to have more time to take care of her ailing father, and she's doing The Odd Couple instead (which is a much lighter workload, something like 15 hours a week for her instead of 60).

Also, the Cruella actress took down her revelatory tweet. Oopsie!

Edited by Souris

So, if Rumple tries to "hat" Emma, as seems likely from spoilers, is Belle/the Show still going to pretend that he is redeemable? Not that killing Zelena or Tamara was justified, but this is not even like Rumple's typical revenge-murder. 

Edited by Rumsy4

When he said he wouldn't let DQ harm people he cared about, I was like who is that? Belle?  Henry maybe (I mean he did wanna send him flying towards those jagged rocks in the park).  If he cares about Henry, then he shouldn't want anything to happen to the more stable parent his grandson has.  Just the fact that he might make a suggestion related to the hat when Emma is flipped out about her magic is just...Rumple is just plain despicable. 

We already have that weird parallel with what happened with Zelena last year when she cursed Hook happening again.  Emma is due to lose her magic sooner rather than later so that Regina can save the day again.  4B is around the corner after all!

• Love 2

When he said he wouldn't let DQ harm people he cared about, I was like who is that? Belle?  Henry maybe (I mean he did wanna send him flying towards those jagged rocks in the park).  If he cares about Henry, then he shouldn't want anything to happen to the more stable parent his grandson has.  Just the fact that he might make a suggestion related to the hat when Emma is flipped out about her magic is just...Rumple is just plain despicable. 

I think he only meant Belle, but he probably thinks of her as his property now. I don't think Rumple values Henry as anything more than as Neal's son. If it had only been Belle in danger at the hand of Pan, would Rumple have sacrificed himself? I'm not so sure. He was ready to let Belle die along with himself at the end of S2, when he though Neal was dead. I think the only person Rumple has ever truly cared for was Neal. Whatever the writers say, I can't believe Rumple's actions show that he selflessly loves Belle, nor does he trust her. Their marriage is built on lies and delusion. 

We already have that weird parallel with what happened with Zelena last year when she cursed Hook happening again.  Emma is due to lose her magic sooner rather than later so that Regina can save the day again.

No, please no! I will be pissed if Emma loses her magic again! Ugh... 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

So, if Rumple tries to "hat" Emma, as seems likely from spoilers, is Belle/the Show still going to pretend that he is redeemable? Not that killing Zelena or Tamara was justified, but this is not even like Rumple's typical revenge-murder.

Sorry. Emma's not a Mills. In-show, it's only unforgivable if your victim is a Mills, and even that gets a pass if you are a Mills yourself.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

So, if Rumple tries to "hat" Emma, as seems likely from spoilers, is Belle/the Show still going to pretend that he is redeemable? 

They will blame Snow Queen's mirror for it somehow.

Whatever the writers say, I can't believe Rumple's actions show that he selflessly loves Belle, nor does he trust her. Their marriage is built on lies and delusion.

I'm convinced that he has gotten Belle to sign an iron clad pre-nup that amounts to indentured servitude that he'll pull out if Belle ever dares to try to leave him.

The multiple villains could mean that Regina gets her wish and creates a world where villains get happy endings. Oops

I vote for only villians get happy endings; but oops magic has a price and we get a temporary bizarro world arc where the heroes are villians and villians are heroes and Regina/Rumpel are still denied.  They pretend like this is true anyway so they may as well give the Charmings something deliciously evil to do that would be campy fun instead of 'oh my grandmother once told the truth, she's evil and so are we by association.'

• Love 3

Jesus, Robin, how many times does she have to tell you to stay away? I hope Regina gets over him soon when she realises what a jerk he is.

More seriously, I wonder if she is going to put some sort of forgetting spell on him?

• Love 3

They really screwed the pooch last season by not having them fall in love in the missing year.  I just can't help but feel like all this angst over a relationship that's only a few weeks old is just so overwrought and mellow dramatic and trite.  Even if they go back and show us more flashbacks to the missing year and show us they actually did start falling for each other back then, the moment's passed.  The timing should have been before they shoved this obnoxious love triangle-esque drama at us.  With what they've shown us on screen up to this point, there's no reason I can see for Robin to love Regina or feel conflicted.  And true, love isn't always logical, but if they want me to care and not fastforward through their scenes it has to at least be not obnoxious.  At this point every time I see Robin moon over perfect Regina it just makes me want to do shots.  I mean, it's my day off, I could indulge, but even I feel a bit hesitant to drink alcohol at 9:40 in the morning. 

• Love 10

but even I feel a bit hesitant to drink alcohol at 9:40 in the morning.

Well it is 12pm somewhere in the world, so you should be good to go.  Call it reverse day.

They didn't even have to show fairybacks of them falling in love, they could have just abstained from him making the comment that they hated each other during the missing year after they got their memories back.  They could've kissed and said something along the lines of I've missed you and that would have been enough for anyone to know there was something going on between them during the missing year.

Given the preview from last week, I think they would have been better served if they had released something related to Emma, Elsa or the Snow Queen as opposed to that drivel.

• Love 3

More seriously, I wonder if she is going to put some sort of forgetting spell on him?

I could see that happening. Because that clip makes it seem like he's this close to just saying, "Screw it! Let Marian die. I love you Regina! You should be okay with this decision since you were the one who originally killed her!"

Seriously, how have these writers made Robin come off so much worse than Regina in this situation?

• Love 4

*watches sneak peek for 4.07*

Ok.  I've tried to like Robin.  I've tried to be ambivalent about Robin.  I've tried to simply tolerate Robin.  But I just. Can't. Anymore.  I feel like this is the millionth episode of him wandering like a stray cat around Storybrooke only to end up at Regina's doorstep yowling mournfully.  I might actually be invested, if Robin/Regina had even half a back story between them; but like countless above me have mentioned, this is simply a week old crush/infatuation/thing that they are trying to turn into an epic struggle for true love.  Look, I'll be the first to admit that I've got a "type", and seeing Robin reduced to this sniveling, emotional wuss of a wet rag is just off-putting.  It's like I can just hear the sorrowful violins in the background every time his tortured face appears on screen. You're freaking Robin Hood.  Don't tell me you're just now learning that life isn't kitten whiskers and lollipops.  Pull yourself together, make the hard decisions (whatever those are *eyeroll*), and get on with life.  At some point, writers are going to lose the audience when certain characters can't get their shit together and just deal with it. I'm about 100 miles past that exit with Robin.  I'll happily drink with ya'll over this train wreck of a character. *grabs Baileys*

• Love 5
Well it is 12pm somewhere in the world, so you should be good to go.  Call it reverse day.

It's 7PM here and I've already started my wine in preparation for a new episode of my favorite anime (pretty sure someone's gonna die, I have to be ready), so you may indeed join me as well :) Cheers!

She has to find a way to save Marian. It’s tricky because I personally think she’s pretty much dead, ‘Let her die!’ but I’m impressed with Regina.

Don't. Just don't read Lana's interviews. Seriously, nothing good could come of it. They are just so rage-inducing, I can't help but want to claw my eyes out after reading some of the choice bits.

Anyway, at this point Robin/Regina is seriously one of the worst love stories I've ever seen. The only thing that saves them is that they aren't the focus of the show, thankfully, so I can easily fast forward their scenes. Otherwise I'd have to drop the show.

• Love 2

Of all the directions they could have gone with Marian's return, this literally the worst! Robin is a callous jerk. Grow up, dude!

I definitely think a forgetting potion is going to come into play. And guess what, Robin is going to turn into an even more of a douche, because he forgot his "True Love ". They'll parallel it with Snow forgetting Charming with the potion. Ugh... And then, Regina will have to try to win Robin back to remind him of who he "really" is, and their True Love's Kiss will break his memory curse, and the curse on Marian.

• Love 2

How did this guy, who survived being tortured by Rumple, who became the leader of the Merry Men, who was maybe not the brightest guy but had some wit, turn into this wreck of a lovesick jerk? And in such a short time? And no, I wouldn't get a woman with the same premise turning into such a puddle of love mud either. Okay, love drama was something I probably never really understood, not a romantic.

• Love 5

So are we all joining AA during the hiatus then?

How did this guy, who survived being tortured by Rumple, who became the leader of the Merry Men, who was maybe not the brightest guy but had some wit, turn into this wreck of a lovesick jerk? And in such a short time?

They twisted the character into a pretzel to fit whatever it is they're going for which I'm still not sure what it is because seriously, men like that?  Who needs them!  And I find it does a disservice to whatever this "couple" is supposed to be when they try to parallel them with CS or with Snowing if they go the memory potion route.  It's a joke.  Regina needs to kick his ass back to Sherwood, just because.

• Love 2

Well, Robin's pretty much the worst. What a drip.

Are the writers prepared to deal with the consequences of Regina's happy ending if that happy ending is with Robin? (HAHAHAHAHA rhetorical question don't answer that.) That means that Marian is either dead or Regina's a homewrecker. Either way both characters are horrible horrible selfish people. YAY OUTLAW QUEEN 4EVA!

• Love 1

I'm waving my Regina flag proudly at this point. Of all the people the woman should be mad at, it's Robin. I really, really dislike this guy. She needs to tell him he's not her problem.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

This whole Marian/Robin/Regina plot line had stink bomb written all over it from the beginning.

This is NOT Robin Hood by any stretch of any imagination. Even acting bi-polar, Regina shouldn't be saddled with the drip they have made Robin out to be now. I recognize that they are putting the whole Regina arc on hold until the second half. And it was a very convenient plot bloop to take Marian out of the very dingy picture by freezing her. But when and if she does come back, she should take Roland and go anywhere in any world that would keep her from ever having to deal with the spineless slug they have turned the much respected and loved icon of Robin Hood into.

Why would Regina even want this ....slug of a man?

Hideous characterization they've created.

• Love 5

So are we all joining AA during the hiatus then?

Then what are we going to drink when reading all the angsty hiatus fanfic?

I really started to like Outlaw Queen at the end of 3B. I even thought I would maybe be able to branch out into Outlaw Queen fanfic over the summer. But nope. I can barely stand them now. Bringing Marian back in the first place was a big stupid mess and it's obvious from the preview that it's only going to get worse.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1
Why would Regina even want this ....slug of a man?

Wild guess? Because no truly decent guy would woo a mass murderer and call her actions "bold and audacious".

A slug for a slug.

Robin Hood caterwauling at Regina's door makes her miserable? Good. I hope he shows up every day with a boom box over his head wailing that he can't get over her bold and audacious booty. 

Meanwhile Marian can be defrosted and leave town with Roland and live happily, far, far away from Wretched Hood and his more evil miserable half, Woegina.

#TeamMarian4EVA!

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 9
Seriously, how have these writers made Robin come off so much worse than Regina in this situation?

The Regina Permaboner. It is known. Wanna see a character assassinated right before your eyes? Put them in Regina's story lines and after enough time she'll suck anything that was decent right out of the character. *sluuuuuuurp!*  Bye-bye, decent character. Once a character is put in a position to prop up Regina, their wretched fate is sealed. She's like the pneumonic plague for other characters.

• Love 4

Wild guess? Because no truly decent guy would woo a mass murderer and call her actions "bold and audacious".

A slug for a slug.

Replying in Relationships.

Robin Hood caterwauling at Regina's door makes her miserable? Good. I hope he shows up everyday with a boom box over his head wailing that he can't get over her bold and audacious booty.

As much as Regina deserves it, it's not entertaining for me. There has to be more satisfying ways to reprimand Regina than have Robin's whining suck 5 minutes out of the episode. In fact, it's actually gives Regina the higher ground because she now has a valid reason to blame him for something. It really does little to increase her suffering.

Edited by KingOfHearts

The people that magic belonged to are likely somewhere in a whole different world (as someone said the hat probably spits them out) after their magic has been taken. 

Didn't Rumple, when talking to the Snow Queen in her ice palace, mention "becoming part of the tapestry" of the hat? That, and the fact we see a star added to the hat when the apprentice is sucked in, makes me feel that you are stuck in the hat, becoming part of the magic of it...

As much as Regina deserves it, it's not entertaining for me. There has to be more satisfying ways to reprimand Regina than have Robin's whining suck 5 minutes out of the episode. In fact, it's actually gives Regina the higher ground because she now has a valid reason to blame him for something. It really does little to increase her suffering.

Off to the Relationship thread I go!

I feel like even if Rumple and the DQ think that once you get sucked in you become part of the hat, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that there's a twist with it and it also does something else.

Christie Laing posted this on Instagram. Marian defrosted/alive by 411? Or flashback?

EDIT: OUAT shooting here today. New York? Boston? Other city? Who knows.

Edited by Serena

I feel like even if Rumple and the DQ think that once you get sucked in you become part of the hat, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that there's a twist with it and it also does something else.

I'm pretty sure it does something else too. But I think the twist is that Rumple thinks at some point the hat will get fully charged and he'll be able to absorb all that magic for himself which will turn out to be false. I'm thinking that when it gets fully charged, it'll spit out all the people in there or it'll give the land with no magic, magic. That way they can take Rumple and Woegina out of Storybrook and still wield magic. Then it'll be absolutely meaningless that Emma (and DQ/Elsa) used to be the only one that would have magic in LWM. That's totally the type of move they'll pull.

Isn't that the police station where Hook was force-fed bologna? I dont see the police stuff on the windows of the doors so either that's already been removed or they used it as something else. But I want to say they've used that area of Vancouver several times as a stand in for New York.

This tweet is about the place where Once was seen filming:

Bob Sampson ‏@TrueHarlequin

If you're near W Hastings and Granville, they're filming something that needs "New York City" buses, and 30+ yellow NYC cabs. #Vancouver =)

So it does sound like they're going back to New York. Support for theory of people who get sucked into the hat get spat out into the Land Without Magic? Perhaps one of our characters gets sucked into the hat and ends up in NYC?

I know! Hook gets sucked there with no memory, and the last scene of 4x11 is Emma showing up trying to get him to remember. ;)

• Love 2

And Regina, of course. Because she's a special snowflake. (She left to adopt Henry, return him & then keep him.)

She left the first time because she was the one to cast the curse, but since this time it's Snow, it would make sense that it'd be her.

If ep 11 is focused on everyone, this could just be an Emma or Emma/Henry flashback.

That sneak peek is awful but I laughed at what Lana said. I took that completely as a joke though, much like when I type die, Robin, die. I actually do sympathize with Robin. He is in a no-win situation. As he said, it's not like he can just flip a switch and change who he's in love with. And avoiding Regina probably isn't actually helpful at all in getting her out of his head (that could purely be my tendencies talking though...). All that said, die, Robin, die. I get that he is supposed to be all tortured but he is coming across more romance novel tortured. Go figure out a way to stop seeping angst out of every pore Robin. Then you might get to come back. If Regina does use a forgetting potion like I agree is likely, I hope she finds a bit of self-preservation and uses it on herself too. She can use whatever magically specific potion she used when Henry was a baby.

ETA: Question- if Snow cast a slightly different curse, couldn't the town line thing no longer be true? And if stripping everyone's magic was part of the original curse, then couldn't everyone who is inherently magical have magic in the land without magic this time since it's a different curse?

Edited by l star

Somehow, I don't think Snow and Charming can leave--they are sharing a heart, literally. I think they can't survive in a land without magic.

Oh, now that's an interesting thought and would make a lot of sense. They keep saying they're going to address that on the show, but I have my doubts they actually will.