Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Just now, Camera One said:

The people of Hyperion Heights will rally to visit her fusion restaurant on opening day despite Lady Tremaine's attempt to get public health inspectors to shut the restaurant down by throwing rice all over the fireplace to attract rodents.  

But then it turns out the rodents are actually Jacques and GusGus, so Cinderella gets them to leave.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

But then it turns out the rodents are actually Jacques and GusGus, so Cinderella gets them to leave.

Or they turn out to be the rats from Ratatouille and their cooking is so divine that no one cares.

• Love 5

I'm going to take the fringe option and suggest that "greenbacks" refer to crocodiles (like in an old Richie Rich comic). This will be another Rumple-centric, where hundreds of Rumples from alternate realities/Wishworlds/Storyrealms will band together to take over Hyperion Heights (becasue it's the New Storybrooke, and every supervillain wants it as their Homebase). But Rumple Prime aka the Rumple we all know and love, will defeat their menace by absorbing them into himself. Now, let's say that each of those Rumples had absorbed all the powers of all the Dark Ones before them in their respective Realms just like "our" Rumple did, it will now make Rumple Prime practically a Dark One Black Hole. Imagine the amazing scenes with DarkOneBlackHole!Rumple's woobie sadface when Gidiot rejects him...again. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Could Emma Booth be some version of Mama Odie? I have a hard time believing is Pistachio, since the actress is like 35. But then again, if Gideon is back, maybe there will be some timey-wimey age-ups. Just waiting on that Snowflake casting.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I was in the library and had some extra time, so I found a book of short stories by Jorge Luis Borges to read "The Garden of Forking Paths", the title for Episode 3.  So are we going into parallel timelines here?  Or is that a title that will ultimately mean nothing?

• Love 2

In case you missed these reassuring words on Twitter.

Giles Matthey‏ @gilesmatthey  24h24 hours ago

@OnceABC fans, episode 4 will be a corker . The writing is beautiful . Will be a special episode. Thanks @AdamHorowitzLA

"[Hook] knows deep down inside something's missing. Something is not quite right," O'Donoghue told TV Guide at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. "He's searching for something and doesn't realize that he is."

Is that "something" he's searching for his true identity or his forgotten memories? Or it is Emma (Jennifer Morrison), whose absence will have to be addressed eventually? Showrunner Eddy Kitsis dismissed that theory.

"It's a missing case," Kitsis told TV Guide about Hook's Season 7 search. "And it is not Emma. It's a brand-new story."

Huh?  If he's working on a missing case, he wouldn't feel that "deep down inside, something's missing."  He would simply be... working on a missing case.  What a ridiculous "explanation".

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

What the heck even is a "missing case"? Do they mean a missing person's case? The whole article is strange. And sorry, but confirming that the feeling something is missing isn't related to Emma just really killed my interest in his story. I know they have to continue on without Jen (and without the hope of her ever returning), but they seem to just want to erase her and hope people forget that the two of them JUST got married two episodes ago. I just can't see how it will make any sense or be at all interesting (at least to those of us who were fans of CS). I've seen different theories that the missing person is his mother (really, both his parents managed to live 300+ years?) or his and Emma's child (how would this child be in HH instead of back in Storybrook?). I have little hope it will be anything like that - I think it will have to do with one of the new characters.

• Love 3

Yeah, it made total sense that Hook would feel an emptiness he couldn't explain because of Emma's absence.  Why Eddy had to "clarify" that is beyond me.  Unless he didn't want to give the impression that Hook would give another thought to Emma again after Episode 2.

• Love 3

If Eddy's goal was to alienate even more CS/Emma fans than before, he succeeded. He's probably mad at Jen for not staying on for their brilliant storylines for Emma involving cursed memory loss, WALLS, armor, etc.. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kktjones said:

What the heck even is a "missing case"? Do they mean a missing person's case? The whole article is strange. And sorry, but confirming that the feeling something is missing isn't related to Emma just really killed my interest in his story. I know they have to continue on without Jen (and without the hope of her ever returning), but they seem to just want to erase her and hope people forget that the two of them JUST got married two episodes ago. I just can't see how it will make any sense or be at all interesting (at least to those of us who were fans of CS). I've seen different theories that the missing person is his mother (really, both his parents managed to live 300+ years?) or his and Emma's child (how would this child be in HH instead of back in Storybrook?). I have little hope it will be anything like that - I think it will have to do with one of the new characters.

I tend to think the missing "person" case is Henry.  Since that's why he's in Hyperion Hts anyway.  If he really knows Henry, wouldn't they be trying to get back to Emma?

I don't see what the writers are supposed to do.  Jen refused to continue, was gracious enough to come back for one episode.  But the show must go on.  They were renewed.  They can't just say "we quit"  its more jobs on the line than just their's or a few rich actors.  Jen has said she was only coming back for one episode and that's what the writers have to go off of.  It wouldn't be fair to Colin to write him off the show just because Jen didn't want to continue, so Hook gets a new story line, whether we like it or not.

I appreciate Adam and Eddy not giving false hope to CS shippers.   They must hate that their most popular ship is no more and that they will lose viewers over it.

Edited by scenicbyway

You know what the writers can do? They can write Cursed!Hook with no memories having a new storyline. Emma's absence can be explained by magic and life goes on with him feeling like something is off/missing. It's not that difficult. Jen doesn't need to appear and Emma doesn't even need to be mentioned. You know what they shouldn't do? Discuss Hook having a new love interest when he just married his True Love two episodes ago. That's not just putting a damper on fans of Captain Swan who are hoping for something that likely won't happen. It's telling them that their multi-season investment was worthless and it's being wiped away. It's like they are sabotaging their own show.

• Love 12

"We saw at the end of last season, Hook and Emma got married and it was a happy beginning as they called it, and they are happy together," O'Donoghue says. "That's a definite, for the fans that are concerned about that; Hook and Emma are happy together. The Hook that we meet in Season 7 is different than that Hook, and we will address Hook and Emma I think around Episode 2 of the show."

Colin does not lie. This honestly sounds like there's really 2 Hook's now. This sounds like CS are not separated.  The real one, is in SB living his HEA with Emma and their baby(yes I definitely think there's a baby) and the other Hook, a clone version of him or as the one set spotter said a "Wish Hook" is created by Henry and is the one in HH's.

I think this is how they have found a way to preserve the happy endings which means I don't have to watch past episode 2 because my Hook is with Emma. I don't have to care about clone Hook at all and I imagine by the end of the season wish/clone Hook will die, disappear, or go back to the original. The timeline will have to correct itself.

Could also explain how they get rid of Colin by the end of the season as he only has one year on his contract. If there's a S8 I don't see him nor Rumple being a part of it. Rumple could be a clone as well, to preserve the Rumbelle happy ending.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 3

Hook's hand in the jar grew a body but still has a lot of unresolved personal issues, so Killian (the rest of Hook's body) sends him on a hero's journey to save Henry.  CS is still happily in Storybrooke, while The Hand goes to Hyperion Heights.

• Love 9

Don't forget the Hand is evil. Clone!Hook was infected by his evil hand, so he cut it off again. Too late! Officer Rogers is evil incarnate. Meanwhile, Rumpel is the only one heroic enough to stop Clone!Hook. His curse was broken by the arrival of Adult!Gideon invading his dreams. Belle's return is due to Rumpel using the Sands of Morpheus to meet with her each night in his dreams while he is away from her on his heroic quest to defeat the Darkness Clone!Hook is bringing to the world. Only the Dark One is hero enough to win the Final Battle.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cappoe said:

Could also explain how they get rid of Colin by the end of the season as he only has one year on his contract.

We don't know this. This is an assumption. We don't know what anybody's contract is like now. Contracts can be revised to include any changes if both sides agree. For all we know, Colin signed on for hypothetical seasons 8, 9 and 10.

I sincerely hope there are some shenanigans going on where they end up with two Hooks. I will never trust A&E to do the "right thing" by any characters, though. LOL at the hand growing a new body!

• Love 2

For me..every version of Killian in every version of reality is Emma's soul mate and True Love....that's it...she deserves that level of love and devotion.

But Once will finish for me either at 7.02 or did finish 5 secs before the end of the wedding ep (+ a solid dose of denial about anything that came after)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Souris said:

We don't know this. This is an assumption. We don't know what anybody's contract is like now. Contracts can be revised to include any changes if both sides agree. For all we know, Colin signed on for hypothetical seasons 8, 9 and 10.

I sincerely hope there are some shenanigans going on where they end up with two Hooks. I will never trust A&E to do the "right thing" by any characters, though. LOL at the hand growing a new body!

Kat confirmed he is still on his contract from 2012 which means this is his last season.

10 minutes ago, cappoe said:

Kat confirmed he is still on his contract from 2012 which means this is his last season.

It's a bit much to expect fans to know the details of Colin's contract. I'm of the opinion that Colin is likely signed on for more than just one season. But who knows.

Bwahaha at Hook's evil hand growing a body!! I love the snarky theories on this board more than the serious spec on tumblr.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

For me..every version of Killian in every version of reality is Emma's soul mate and True Love....that's it...she deserves that level of love and devotion.

But Once will finish for me either at 7.02 or did finish 5 secs before the end of the wedding ep (+ a solid dose of denial about anything that came after)

Uh, could get a bit "crowded" in that bedroom..and Emma seems like a "one at a time" kind of gal so...

I can see this being another version of Hook, I just don't want a "wish verse" Hook as the wish verse never made sense...(I know as opposed to the rest of the show...) People can now wish human beings with a soul into reality. I think their lame explanation for WishRobin was that Robin's soul had to go somewhere and when Emma wished up her world..it went to his double.Dumb but preferable then Wish people running around at random.

I actually could like a Hook not mooning over Emma, but I never got on the CS bandwagon..( I thought the show should have ended Emma like Regina..happy on her own with family and friends and the possibillity of meeting someone but if not, she would still be happy. )

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Mitch said:

I can see this being another version of Hook, I just don't want a "wish verse" Hook as the wish verse never made sense...(I know as opposed to the rest of the show...) People can now wish human beings with a soul into reality. I think their lame explanation for WishRobin was that Robin's soul had to go somewhere and when Emma wished up her world, it went to his double. Dumb but preferable then Wish people running around at random.

And that explanation didn't work because it directly contradicted what Hades said about the power of the Olympic crystal being the complete, utter, and irreversible destruction of the person it was used on: "No afterlife. No moving on."  So Robin's soul couldn't have gone anywhere because according to Hades, it no longer existed after the Olympic crystal killed him.  Of course, A&E simply had to claim that Hades was lying when he told Regina about the crystal's power, but they apparently weren't smart enough to think of that.

Edited by legaleagle53
54 minutes ago, Souris said:

Anything spoilery come out of the Colin/Jen con today?

No - they both said they weren't allowed to say anything about S7. However, we did get to hear them answer these unique and never heard before questions: What prop would you take home from set? Which other character would you want to be? What was it like working with Hugh Laurie? I know they probably can't give anything away about 7x02, but couldn't people ask them about the wedding, the musical episode, the "epic adventure" their characters went through, etc.? SMH. There is another set of panels later this afternoon, so hopefully they will say at least something to get people interested...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I can't help but draw comparisons between Ana and Regina.

You'll probably be able to compare a third lady very soon... Lady Tremaine.  I wonder how much of her "story" will be another variation of the same.

1 minute ago, Camera One said:

You'll probably be able to compare a third lady very soon... Lady Tremaine.  I wonder how much of her "story" will be another variation of the same.

I'll compare her to Zelena, Cora, Ingrid, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Cruella, Fiona, and Ursula too.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

The main reason why I suspect Lady Tremaine will have more shades of Regina and Ana than the others is that she's the main villain in a new "show", presumably a villain who will be around for the next few seasons, as Channing Dungey optimistically suggested.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2017 at 2:31 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Of course, A&E simply had to claim that Hades was lying when he told Regina about the crystal's power, but they apparently weren't smart enough to think of that.

Yes, they did. Henry said to Regina in "The Savior" that Hades was lying to hurt her, and she repeated that belief to Snow at the end of the episode.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

Question: Once Upon a Time‘s second episode flashes back to Hook’s life after his and Emma’s “happy beginning,” Episode 4 is about Rumple/Belle. When do we get one about Regina? —Dawn
Ausiello: Regina is a “huge part” of Season 7’s early episodes, co-creator Adam Horowitz told Matt Mitovich, so during that stretch viewers will gather bits and pieces of her own life before the latest curse hit. “Her [-centric episode] will probably be Episode 6,” ventures co-creator Eddy Kitsis, “but she is in all the flashbacks for [Episodes] 2 and 3, significantly. Regina fans have no need to fear — she’s front and center as always.”

That exactly what the show needs, more Regina (insert sarcasm here).

• Love 10

Eddy Kitsis, “but she is in all the flashbacks for [Episodes] 2 and 3, significantly. Regina fans have no need to fear — she’s front and center as always.

So much for "reboot"...

I wonder if the Emma time will be split evenly between Hook and Regina.  She'll probably ask Regina to do something without telling Hook because Regina is her BFF.

• Love 3

I wonder if the Emma time will be split evenly between Hook and Regina.  She'll probably ask Regina to do something without telling Hook because Regina is her BFF.

The funny thing is, it's been well documented that Lana wasn't even in Vancouver the two days that JMo was, so we know they don't have any scenes together (unless they somehow CGI them together). I think in their haste to placate the Evil Regals, they misspoke and meant she will be in flashbacks for all the episodes. Not actually in ALL the flashbacks.

So much for "reboot"...

I know, right? It's almost comical how quickly they went from promoting this as Henry's story, to making sure everyone knows Regina will still be "front and center." 

• Love 4

I'm honestly surprised they haven't advertised a bigger storyline for Regina. With Emma gone, she's their remaining "female lead". This time she has far less competition for screen time.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm honestly surprised they haven't advertised a bigger storyline for Regina. With Emma gone, she's their remaining "female lead". This time she has far less competition for screen time.

It would be funny if A&E got enamoured of the new Regina aka Lady Tremaine, and started neglecting their past fav to favor the latter. 

• Love 2

LOL, this is Regina we're talking about, she will ALWAYS be the center of everything.

It takes two to tangle and since Lady Tremaine is the villainess, you'll need a sassy hero to stand up to her.  There's no way Heart of the Pathetic Believer or Boring Cinders will be the main protagonist against the new bold and audacious queen - it will be Regina.  She'll probably have a history with Lady Tremaine as The Evil Queen, so she'll pop in and out of flashbacks as much as Rumple.  

• Love 2

I just caught up after almost three weeks of being away from this forum and nope, there are still no spoilers to make me remotely interested in the new season. I don't think the writers will kill Emma or give Hook a new love interest (maybe his cursed persona but nothing lasting), but they're really doing a terrible job of allaying fan fears. In fact, it seems like they're going out of their way NOT to allay them, and I think the reason is because they're so in love with their #nospoilers policy that they can't see when it's doing more harm than good. At this point, it just makes them seem even more arrogant--like they're the most brilliant writers ever and their secrets must be protected at all costs. 

I want to like Adam and Eddy. I really do. But their comments--particularly Eddy's--just make them come across as smug, patronizing men speaking condescendingly to an audience they perceive as nothing more than idiot girls who just want to see Captain Swan kissing scenes. I mean okay, yes , I do want to see Captain Swan kissing scenes...but I would gladly trade those for some quality writing. 

It's amazing that a poorly written show about fairytales can cause so much frustration and disappointment. It makes me really sad to think that Emma's journey ended the way it did in the season 6 finale (and I doubt the season 7 episode will do anything to improve that ending). There was so much potential, and it is now officially squandered. 

Edited by Katherine
  • Love 12

Regina fans have no need to fear — she’s front and center as always.

When I read that, I was like 'they said it outright'.

8 hours ago, Camera One said:

She'll probably have a history with Lady Tremaine as The Evil Queen, so she'll pop in and out of flashbacks as much as Rumple.  

I'd say that's impossible because she's from a different Enchanted Forest in a different book, but who knows at this point.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Kktjones said:

The funny thing is, it's been well documented that Lana wasn't even in Vancouver the two days that JMo was, so we know they don't have any scenes together (unless they somehow CGI them together). I think in their haste to placate the Evil Regals, they misspoke and meant she will be in flashbacks for all the episodes. Not actually in ALL the flashbacks.

I know, right? It's almost comical how quickly they went from promoting this as Henry's story, to making sure everyone knows Regina will still be "front and center." 

Yeah, it's changed a lot from where they started to promote this reboot.

• Love 1

Reassuring words for everyone.

Jane Espenson @JaneEspenson
Replying to @GladyslovesTV   We love Emma and did our best to maximize every minute we had her for.

----

I'm sure they maximized every minute they had her for, just like they did for her and Snowing in Season 6.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

So where all the new male characters? We've got Lucy, Cinderella, the two stepsisters, Lady Tremaine, Tiana, Alice, and the witch.

They don't need new male characters since they kept 3 of them.  They dumped all the females except Regina.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Camera One said:

They don't need new male characters since they kept 3 of them.  They dumped all the females except Regina.

3 males vs 9 females, though. Not to mention the returning guest stars, Emma and Belle. I guess there's Gideon for one episode.

Edited by KingOfHearts

There was a guy in a suit on set earlier this season -- too lazy to dig up photos. But I think we only saw him one day. Although there hasn't been a lot of outdoor shooting so who knows what's going on. Maybe they all got sucked into some police precinct or something. 

2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

3 males vs 9 females, though. Not to mention the returning guest stars, Emma and Belle. I guess there's Gideon for one episode.

It did strike me as strange too.

In terms of regulars, the number of males is pretty much the same.  We used to have Charming, Young Henry, Hook and Rumple.  Adult Henry will probably have the screentime of Charming and Young Henry combined, so that's similar.  We used to have Regina, Emma, Belle and Zelena.  Regina stays, so Lady Tremaine, Cinderella and Lucy are the replacements.  That leaves Drizella and Tiana, who may just be supporting characters.  Ditto for the "witch" who shows up later.  Who knows about Alice.

Maybe they have more male characters under their sleeve to create buzz closer to the date, but not in the first few episodes.  I'm assuming there will eventually be Naveen from "Princess and the Frog" and maybe the villain guy.  Last year, in 6A, we had Hyde who was pretty much replaced (screentime-wise) by Aladdin for a recurring role.  6B, we had Gideon as a more recurring male role.

Edited by Camera One