Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

(there are not real, confirmed spoilers of Jenn and Colin filming together until episode 19)

Actually, there was confirmation of them together in 6x18 ("Where Bluebirds Fly"), so they're at least reunited by then.

Not to mention them being separated in 5x21, 5x22, 5x23, 6x08, 6x10 & 6x11. I mean seriously - WTF??? The one single thing I wanted for the finale was the two of them together during the finale, but it looks like it won't happen. UGH.

Hopefully they'll be together by the time the actual final battle (that will be filmed this week) gets underway.

Edited by Mathius
14 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

(there are not real, confirmed spoilers of Jenn and Colin filming together until episode 19)

I know you said real and confirmed but I'm pretty sure they filmed together in episode 17 since JMo took a photo of the two of them together in Snowing's loft for Colin's birthday when they were filming 17. I mean they might just be hanging around there at the same time and not filming but it seems likely that they were.

37 minutes ago, Mathius said:

I think the EF and Storybrooke are merging, actually...or at least, the forest around Storybrooke is becoming the EF.

It doesn't necessarily have to be just the forest.

The shears could have literally split Mayor Mills from EQ, leaving Henry, Regina, and Emma  as the only ones without EF personalities to transform into.

Although Hook never had a Storybrooke personality so transforming back is going to make my head hurt unless there is also some element of rewinding time to when the original curse was cast.  And that is probably what will happen.  Everyone but Regina, Emma, and Henry have memories that go no farther than the first curse and everyone is running around SB, Enchanted style and and effectively "abandoning" Emma again.

39 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Actually, there was confirmation of them together in 6x18 ("Where Bluebirds Fly"), so they're at least reunited by then.

Yeah, you are right. I thought that episode was 19. But, anyway it's three episodes where they are apart. 

So, with the Evil Queen gone and given a happy ending (really?!) it would seem that Snow and Charming's story is done in Storybrooke.  I'd even say Regina's is done if it weren't for Henry.  I'm starting to think the little girl is Regina's with her not yet named new true love from the Enchanted Forest.  The only way Henry comes from a broken home is if Storybrooke is destroyed and they go to a different realm, except for Henry of course.

9 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

So, with the Evil Queen gone and given a happy ending (really?!) it would seem that Snow and Charming's story is done in Storybrooke.  I'd even say Regina's is done if it weren't for Henry.  I'm starting to think the little girl is Regina's with her not yet named new true love from the Enchanted Forest.  The only way Henry comes from a broken home is if Storybrooke is destroyed and they go to a different realm, except for Henry of course.

It's the little girl who's from a broken home, not the new guy maybe-aged-up-Henry. But I don't think the guy is aged-up Henry now -- he filmed with the little girl and the little girl seems to have filmed in SB (I'm not certain about her filming, because TBH I haven't paid a whole lot of attention).

After last night, I'm wondering if the little girl could somehow be EQ and Robin's daughter. Timing is off but hey, different realms, different rules. Look at week old Gideon.  If she's related to anyone on the show, Lana is the only one she could possibly resemble IMO.

1 hour ago, Souris said:

Colin and Jen may have filmed together for 6x17. They filmed the same day, at least.

I think I saw a post by the Leaflady that she was working with Jen and Colin for one day when filming 6x15, but I don't know if that meant they were filming together or not.  But if they were, one day is all you would need for a reunion scene. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, oncebluethrone said:

I think I saw a post by the Leaflady that she was working with Jen and Colin for one day when filming 6x15, but I don't know if that meant they were filming together or not.  But if they were, one day is all you would need for a reunion scene. 

I don't think they reunite in 6x15. Colin was filming with Blackbeard and Vikings/Lost Boys in 6x16. Admittedly that could be a flashback, but there's no spoilers about Colin filming with anybody else. All of the spoilers about JMo filming were with other actors.

17 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

So, with the Evil Queen gone and given a happy ending (really?!) it would seem that Snow and Charming's story is done in Storybrooke.

No - I bet they will really focus on them trying to build a relationship with their daughter.  A lot of interesting conversations and issues to work out.  I imagine they are writing the scripts now....

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, CCTC said:

No - I bet they will really focus on them trying to build a relationship with their daughter.  A lot of interesting conversations and issues to work out.  I imagine they are writing the scripts now....

Thanks for the laugh. ;-)

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Nobody can blame them for not renewing their contract.  Even in S6, the so-called "Year of Snowing", they've been completely sidelined.

I don't get the impression they didn't want to renew, perhaps they weren't asked back?

25 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I don't get the impression they didn't want to renew, perhaps they weren't asked back?

I'm pretty sure they didn't want to renew. They have two small kids and Ginny in particular had her screen time cut back so she could be with the kids.

This is the first time it's occurred to me that Emma might be separated from her parents AGAIN (if JMo renews and Ginny and Josh don't).  Hopefully Ginny and Josh are at least able to return for the series finale so the separation isn't permanent.

I'm really starting to want the show to be cancelled. Best case scenario appears to be Jennifer, Lana, and Colin in the leading roles. I'm not super interested in seeing even heavier emphasis on the Emma/Regina friendship. And if JMo doesn't renew, then I have even less interest in the show.

Ideally I would've liked the show to get one more season to say goodbye, but after this season, I really don't think the writers are capable of fixing what's gone wrong, and even less so if half the cast is gone :(

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Katherine said:

Ideally I would've liked the show to get one more season to say goodbye, but after this season, I really don't think the writers are capable of fixing what's gone wrong, and even less so if half the cast is gone :(

This is what I've been saying all along.  One more season makes no difference, these writers are simply incapable of delivering a satisfying conclusion.

It looks like board ate my original post.

In the May sweeps materials, Once is being described as a 'finale'.  

You mean "finale" as opposed to "season finale" like the other shows are being described as having in the May sweeps.

I remember your post said so was Quantico and Modern Family - the latter of which will have final negotiations in May, so I guess the "finale" label is being put in place just in case things don't work out.  The decision for Quantico and Once, on the other hand, has probably already been finalized.

Edited by Mathius

I am not surprised at the news about Ginny and Josh, but it does make me a little sad.  Even though they have not been used much, I thought some of the more touching  real emotional moments this season involved them.   Heartless and the opening montage the following episode showed they still have great chemistry and can show moments that other people can relate to and Josh's breakdown a couple of weeks ago was the most they have let a character show real emotion for awhile.

I am a little skeptical of the reboot doing much, because I suspect they really won't be shaking up the formula much.  While they are going to have new characters, they are going to insert them in roles that that have basically been played out.  The little girl will be how Henry was in season 1 and the new male character will be similar to skeptical season 1 Emma.  Regina will still be looking for happiness and the show will be more of a retread than a reboot.

Edited by CCTC
1 hour ago, chrisvee said:

The Gosh news makes me sad. End of the show for me when founding characters go.

I know, they remind me of OuaT's glory days before they were completely sidelined.

• Love 3

I have a feeling if Hook and Emma get married they will suffer a similar fate, if Emma is  even still on the show.  They already don't really seem to know what to do with them as a couple.

So the final Steveston filming begins tomorrow and then continues overnight on Thursday. Any thoughts on what the "final battle" might look like? Will it just be a showdown between the people with magic or will the Charmings, Hook & Belle have something to do as well? The other spoilers for this ep and 6x21 are all over the place, so it will be interesting to see if we can figure out what's happening. Also, if they do plan to kill off a major character, I wonder if they would do it out in the open for people to see?

• Love 1

It's said that it will be filmed out in the streets and use a lot of lighting and smoke effects.  

And considering that Rumple's first death was filmed out in the open, I see no reason his second one couldn't be as well.

1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

So the final Steveston filming begins tomorrow and then continues overnight on Thursday. Any thoughts on what the "final battle" might look like? Will it just be a showdown between the people with magic or will the Charmings, Hook & Belle have something to do as well? The other spoilers for this ep and 6x21 are all over the place, so it will be interesting to see if we can figure out what's happening. Also, if they do plan to kill off a major character, I wonder if they would do it out in the open for people to see?

I've been thinking that it might be Emma's vision and that the person under the hood isn't Gideon, but Regina who became evil again after taking back some of the darkness. One of the main reasons I think this is because all Saviors have a main villain and Emma's is the EQ/Regina. And when Emma was having her visions she said the person under the hood felt familiar to her and her first thought of who it could be was Regina.  Also, Regina and Serum Queen fighting with swords when they could have used magic may have been a hint.

1 hour ago, Souris said:

I feel like it's going to end up with Emma getting stabbed like in her vision.

I think Rumple is going to die in the end not Emma. The vision is not going to come to it's complete outcome.

BTW interesting to note, Lana has taken off Vancouver as her Twitter location page. Even on hiatus she always leaves it on.

Could mean that she's off the show, or the show is cancelled. I'm fine either way.

2 hours ago, oncebluethrone said:

all Saviors have a main villain and Emma's is the EQ/Regina.

I know A&E claimed this because to them this is Once Upon a Regina but their scripts that show up onscreen says something different. EQ was Snow's. Rumple/Gold is Emma's. They've always tied Rumple's stories way closer to Emma's half-assed arcs than Regina. He's the one that made her his "Savior" for the curse, there's that Neal thing, the Dark Ones megapalooza, the stupid hat succubus plus hooking up with the Snow Queen, the nonsensical Rumple trying to get the Queens of Darkness to make Emma dark thing, and Gideon his other kid is the one prophesized to kill her? Not to mention he's Hook's main enemy? So yeah I still say the Final Battle is Rumple vs Emma, with Regina ultimately saving the day cause that's the way A&E rolls.

Speaking of Neal, they went to so much trouble to make everyone related you'd think they'd throw a line in there about Gideon trying to kill his half-brother's baby momma. And when was the last time Rumple asked about his grandkid? The non-magic team, Snowing and Hook, should be making a million inflatable Baelfire dolls to gaslight Rumple.

• Love 2

I'm still leaning towards the musical wedding being in Emma's head and the real wedding being like her parents' 1st wedding..small, bare bones...officiated by the wonderful Captain Nemo on the Nautilus..and all the more meaningful for it.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

I'm still leaning towards the musical wedding being in Emma's head and the real wedding being like her parents' 1st wedding..small, bare bones...officiated by the wonderful Captain Nemo on the Nautilus..and all the more meaningful for it.

i'm totally pulling for Nemo to officiate the Wedding.

• Love 4

Bex took off Zelena and pretties from her bio. Sounds like she she's out as well for S7. Lana and Bex.

Lana has also changed her FB bio to former actor at Disney so she's definitely out for S7 and throwing shade.

Edited by cappoe

I'm so not ready for this show to end...yet with the way the writers have ruined every special moment that should have been happy or exciting, it might be for the best. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, cappoe said:

Bex took off Zelena and pretties from her bio. Sounds like she she's out as well for S7. Lana and Bex.

Lana has also changed her FB bio to former actor at Disney so she's definitely out for S7 and throwing shade.

Interesting. I'm not surprised at Gosh leaving, but both Bex and Lana? I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I'm guessing that if Bex does leave, it won't be her choice.  No idea about Lana, though.

1 hour ago, cappoe said:

Really?  I'm not seeing it.  Maybe she changed it after realizing the implications?

But yeah, Bex being gone is one thing, but if Lana is gone?  That means there's no S7, which I've been suspecting is the case.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cappoe said:

It doesn't say that now. Maybe she realized it was a mistake when she started getting panicked tweets from her fans.  

4 minutes ago, Mathius said:

if Lana is gone?  That means there's no S7

I agree.

17 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Really?  I'm not seeing it.  Maybe she changed it after realizing the implications?

But yeah, Bex being gone is one thing, but if Lana is gone?  That means there's no S7, which I've been suspecting is the case.

I wouldn't necessarily say that without Lana there is no S7. There is a scenario where ABC could've told A & E, you can have your reboot and name all the "actors" they want off contract.  A & E love the EQ character (not saying anything about the relationship with LP) and could create another character who has all the qualities they love about EQ.  The real question becomes would A & E turn down a chance at another series if they don't get the actor contracts they want?

All these "signs" and Twitter changes are interesting and could be significant, but I don't think they prove anything. I'm not assuming anything. Are we sure Lana really changed her Twitter or is it just one of those things that flies around the fandom as fact when it's really fake or a mistake? That happens ALL the time. I'm always skeptical of stuff like that because of the track record of the fandom.

There's no way A&E or ABC would get rid of Regina while the show goes on IMO. So either it's all fandom dramaz or the show is canceled. 

It's also possible IMO the actors are trying to take some of the heat/attention off just Gosh since the news about them broke yesterday.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

Yes, it is just hearsay and no confirmation by any means.  But it does fit the hearsay we've gotten from people with sources closer to ABC, including Tiger's recent remark about the May Sweeps promotional material.  Honestly, I don't think it's very surprising.  A&E's proposed S7 reboot pitch with lower costs and a smaller cast sounds unappealing and not something ABC would accept, and OUAT doing slightly better in the ratings than other Sunday night dramas doesn't count for much when ABC would find it more profitable to just completely blow up the Sunday lineup and change it to be comedy-oriented.  High costs, bad writers, a tired cast, low ratings, an ever-decreasing audience...OUAT has everything working against it now.

Edited by Mathius

I don't think the Gosh news is "breaking" per se -- it's from a pap and has already been somewhat alluded to by that leaked story a few weeks ago. And if Bex is gone, that's not really a surprise either.

I'll hold off on Lana speculation. Her fans can be quite dramatic sometimes and some have even pushed for a cancellation for years for various reasons. I've saved receipts of online crap they've pulled in the past. The FB change may be true but some of those Evil Regals have cried wolf a few too many times.

As for spoiler photos from recently, I can see this season finale being able to possibly change into a series finale if necessary. It looks like there may be some bleeding of EF/Storybrooke so you can either leave that with a cliffhanger or resolve it and have everyone live in the EF happily ever after. But it's no secret that I've also been quite vocal in the ratings thread that I think the show will get renewed. Even I will admit it's a thin line and I won't be surprised by whatever decision ABC makes, but I just don't think it's as clear cut as a pap trying to get hits is making it out to be. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, sharky said:

As for spoiler photos from recently, I can see this season finale being able to possibly change into a series finale if necessary. It looks like there may be some bleeding of EF/Storybrooke so you can either leave that with a cliffhanger or resolve it and have everyone live in the EF happily ever after.

I don't think they were ever going to do a cliffhanger, Channing Dungey, Eduardo Castro, and A&E themselves have indicated that this is going to be a close-ended wrap-up to the narrative that's been going on since the pilot even if they get a S7, which would be something entirely different spun off from characters introduced in the finale and their situation.  Think "Going Home" but without the last-minute scene with Hook coming to Emma.

But it's no secret that I've also been quite vocal in the ratings thread that I think the show will get renewed. 

I understand, but I disagree.  The demo numbers have not gone up in 6B, they've only held steady at 0.9 (except for 6x13, which got 0.8), and the audience numbers are shrinking.  The ABC execs can look at the show's past history and do basic math to determine that a S7 would get even lower, so they'd be wasting money if they threw it at a S7.  And as I said above, other shows on Sunday doing worse no longer means anything since the network is probably going to change Sunday night into being comedy-oriented this Fall.  Basically, I ask: what would be the motive for a renewal?

And given the reboot concept, I think if they renewed it, it would last 13 episodes or less.  It'd be Heroes Reborn all over again.

Edited by Mathius

Maybe if they are coming back next season, and that is a big if, they are just bringing back Colin & Jen as regulars? 

Maybe Rumple dies in the big battle along with Regina. And Snow & Charming decide they want to go back to the Enchanted Forest and raise baby Neal there. Or Regina doesn't die and also decides to go back.  And maybe they have figured out a way to go back and forth easily so it won't be like Emma & Henry will never ever see their family again. 

New season takes place after a time jump and Emma & Hook have led a peaceful life and end up getting sucked into some new adventure? 

Who the hell knows.

Just now, RadioGirl27 said:

If Lana is gone, A&E would cancel the show themselves, no need for ABC to do it.

Showrunners can't cancel a show. It's 100% a network's call.

I really, really, really don't think Jen is returning.

6 minutes ago, Souris said:

I really, really, really don't think Jen is returning.

So if both Jen and Lana are gone, there's no need for Jared.  If Bobby is gone, there's no need for Emilie.  Gosh and Bex are also going.

As much as the network loves Colin, do you really think they'd reboot the show with him as the only carryover?  I doubt it.

No, if only Colin were coming back, I think the show would be over. If it went on, they'd probably spin-it-off like "Joey" after "FRIENDS" ended. But it's VERY unlikely.

Just now, Serena said:

If it went on, they'd probably spin-it-off like "Joey" after "FRIENDS" ended.

Hook moving to Hollywood to try to get his big break while trying to give his nephew advice could have some potential.

• Love 7

I mean, I could totally see it as a prequel with the swashbuckling adventures of Captain Hook. Ret con the time line, promote it as a spin off that stands alone so you can attract new viewers, turn up the cheekiness, tone down the murdery stuff, and you'd have a safe-for-network-tv version of Black Sails. Plus it could maybe perhaps create some synergy with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Big issue with that may be Colin. I love his acting, but I don't know if he's leading man material who can carry an entire network series just yet.  Although I'm also the same one who is advocating for him to be the new Doctor Who if Once gets cancelled so what the hell do I know. 

• Love 1