Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

There is trully an episode missing somewhere. The last time we saw Merida in Camelot, she was in Arthur's dungeon with Lancelot and now she is free? How? Why? Is Lancelot free too?

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

When Hook was about to take Excalibur out Regina say Hook will be useful later on. Boy how right she is knowing these spoilers. lol

ETA: I feel so sorry for the intern who had to type that press release. I had to read it at least 3 times to get wtf it was trying to say.

Oh and yeah Hook is definitely the one who will talk to Merlin. How wrong the Charmings will be when they realize not just Emma who values Hook as more than just a pirate.

Edited by mjgchick

Merlin probably let them out.

Or they escaped. 

Not too excited about this episode. The momentum has stalled a little, and they are throwing in random adventures that likely have no bearing on the main arc. I don't care one way or the other for these MacGuffins (heh). 

I guess the spell is what the Apprentice used to communicate with Merlin. Does Arthur fail to communicate with Merlin in Storybrooke because Merlin is dead, or is it because of his fall from grace? If the latter, then there is a good chance that Hook will be able to get through to him. Please don't let Hottie!Merlin be dead.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

There is trully an episode missing somewhere. The last time we saw Merida in Camelot, she was in Arthur's dungeon with Lancelot and now she is free? How? Why? Is Lancelot free too?

You're surprised at the lack of continuity on THIS SHOW?

Not surprised that Belle is just a plot device for Rumple once again. Yawn. No whitewashing will ever save that "relationship".

Edited by Geeni
  • Love 1

Or they escaped. 

Not too excited about this episode. The momentum has stalled a little, and they are throwing in random adventures that likely have no bearing on the main arc. I don't care one way or the other for these MacGuffins (heh). 

I guess the spell is what the Apprentice used to communicate with Merlin. Does Arthur fail to communicate with Merlin in Storybrooke because Merlin is dead, or is it because of his fall from grace? If the latter, then there is a good chance that Hook will be able to get through to him. Please don't let Hottie!Merlin be dead.

I'm not excited either, poor Belle having to rely on Rumple again?  Come ON show, let her save herself.  The Belle/Rumple relationship is toxic anyway, even if he's on the "I love her so much" train right now, we know the moment he has the chance to be the DO again he'll take it.

I think Arthur fails to communicate with Merlin because Merlin realizes in Camelot that Arthur's not the guy.  Merlin's whole demeanor changed when Hook entered the picture in the diner.

So I'm guessing that Hook, Charming and Belle go looking for Lancelot and find Merida and free her as well?  The thing is Merida must stay in Camelot because she's in Storybrooke and Emma's prisoner.

I don't think Belle will go to the Underworld, Belle's already been in more episodes this year than last, I wouldn't be surprised just to see her fade to the background as usual with her pregnancy.

• Love 1
In Storybrooke, Regina, Mary Margaret and David discover the spell that would allow one of Merlin’s chosen to communicate with him, but when Arthur fails to reach the missing sorcerer the heroes grow suspicious.

Script leak :)

[MERLIN]: Boy, the way you blowing up my phone, Won't make me leave no faster, Put my cloak on faster, Leave Camelot  no faster, I should've left my phone at home, 'Cause this is a disaster, Calling like a collector, Sorry, I cannot answer

[ARTHUR]: It's really, really  important we talk. I'm sorry I messed up.

[MERLIN]: Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not, Arthur, when I know you're only sorry you got caught, But you put on quite a show, Really had me going, But now it's time to go, Curtain's finally closing, That was quite a show, Very entertaining, But it's over now (but it's over now), Go on and take a bow

[ARTHUR]: Go? I'm not going anywhere. Like you can find another King for Camelot.

[MERLIN]: You must not know about me, you must not know about me. I could have another you in a minute. Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute, Arthur,

You must not know about me, you must not know about me. I can have another you by tomorrow. So don't you ever for a second get to thinking. You're irreplaceable

Edited by kili
  • Love 5

Just looking a the photos for the next episode:

Yay!  Dark One Emma spends yet another episode staring Excalibur in the basement with Rumple begging to be let go.

More foreshadowing with Hook holding Merlin's mushroom phone.--Anyone else seen the GIF on tumblr of Hook almost pulling the sword in the last episode but Regina yelling "Stop, it's only the fifth episode" and Hook immediately backing off...

It looks like Rumple is either hiding under the library or being hidden there now?

• Love 4

Script leak :)

[MERLIN]: Boy, the way you blowing up my phone, Won't make me leave no faster, Put my cloak on faster, Leave Camelot  no faster, I should've left my phone at home, 'Cause this is a disaster, Calling like a collector, Sorry, I cannot answer

[ARTHUR]: It's really, really  important we talk. I'm sorry I messed up.

[MERLIN]: Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not, Arthur, when I know you're only sorry you got caught, But you put on quite a show, Really had me going, But now it's time to go, Curtain's finally closing, That was quite a show, Very entertaining, But it's over now (but it's over now), Go on and take a bow

[ARTHUR]: Go? I'm not going anywhere. Like you can find another King for Camelot.

[MERLIN]: You must not know about me, you must not know about me. I could have another you in a minute. Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute, Arthur,

You must not know about me, you must not know about me. I can have another you by tomorrow. So don't you ever for a second get to thinking. You're irreplaceable

OMG...I am done.  Done.

More foreshadowing with Hook holding Merlin's mushroom phone.--Anyone else seen the GIF on tumblr of Hook almost pulling the sword in the last episode but Regina yelling "Stop, it's only the fifth episode" and Hook immediately backing off...

I didn't see the gif, but it's pretty funny! I think that should be happening in episode 9.

Merlin's whole demeanor changed when Hook entered the picture in the diner.

Is it me or did he look a bit gut-punched seeing him. Like he knows he's there, but he's unprepared for it. I thought he recovered quickly before he lied to Captain Swan, and everyone else though.

• Love 5

Emma and her cold dead eyes looking at the sword like she's possessed or something.

That pic JMO posted of her and Colin, is that guy holding both the dagger and sword?

Edited by mjgchick

Yay!  Dark One Emma spends yet another episode staring Excalibur in the basement with Rumple begging to be let go.

This arc is an exact repeat of 4A. The Dark One's agenda is to gain unlimited power (chose: cleave himself from the Dagger/snuff out the Light) once a certain condition is fulfilled (choose: the stars in the sky align with the stars in the hat/pulls Excalibur out of the stone). To achieve said agenda, the DO manipulates their loved one(s) (choose: Belle/Hook/Henry), and controls a person's heart (choose:Hook/Merida) forcing them to do awful things. Insert random character from recent Disney/Pixar movie (Frozen/Brave) for funsies. Plot foiled at the last minute by someone they love (Belle/Hook). DO gets separated from their loved one as punishment (Belle/Hook).

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Excalibur is Emma's Everest!

Cora is back for 100th episode. 

With this whole Underworld business, if Hook gets dragged down there, I want him to manage to rescue himself, and make his way back to Storybrooke, but in the process, drag all kinds of baddies like Cora back with him. Instead of having CGI ahoy and a gazillion things going on, it would become about sending everyone back to the Underworld. I'd rather this.

• Love 5

I thought he recovered quickly before he lied to Captain Swan, and everyone else though.

I haven't seen the entirety of the episode yet (I'm behind, okay!), but he did look like he may have been lying in the gifs. Someone asks if you can rid Emma of the Dark One, and you answer with a, "sure!" And a half-smile??? Yeah, I'm a little suspicious that he might not quite be able to do it. We'll see.

At least they remembered the magic mushroom. Wait a second, does this mean they happen upon it? I don't need another dropped plot device.

I'm not sure about Belle's cloak. I like the pink, but the designs on it look like something out of a catalog.

*screeches to the high heavens* Mother Flippin' CCCOOORRRAAA!!!!

My queen is returning! Whether it be in a flashback or the underworld, I'm happy. If the gang is heading to the underworld to save Hook, maybe they'll run into him and a dead Cora just chillaxing and playing some cards. I've always imagined they'd be awesome card-game partners. Just imagine: Cora gets bent out of shape when a random dead person manages to win a round of cards. She force chokes them to de...well they'd already be dead. Hook just rolls his eyes, exasperated, and waits for the next hand to be dealt.

I want to see my evil brotp reunited.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3
At least they remembered the magic mushroom. Wait a second, does this mean they happen upon it? I don't need another dropped plot device.

Charming found the mushroom in the second episode beside the tent that they were interogating Grif in. He specualted that Grif stole it too.

I didn't see the gif, but it's pretty funny! I think that should be happening in episode 9.

I reblogged that gif set yesterday! It was pretty amusing. Here it is:

http://aswanandherpirate.tumblr.com/post/131972516234/captainswanismyendgame-tough-lass-what-she

I was wondering why Hook was hanging back by the counter, and I think it might have been so he could suddenly appear in front of Merlin. Merlin's expression changed when he saw Hook, and his answer to Hook's question did not sound completely truthful.

• Love 1

I'm probably in the minority here but I really like the idea of everyone going to the underworld, especially if it's to rescue Hook. The Neverland arc was one of my favorites, so I'm hoping another rescue mission will give us lots of focus on the core characters and their dynamics, as well as lots of Captain Swan goodness. I also really like the idea of running into characters like Cora there. I know there are a thousand ways the writers could screw this up, but for now I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Love 2
Merlin's expression changed when he saw Hook, and his answer to Hook's question did not sound completely truthful.

thanks for posting the gifset.

The way Merlin looked at Hook makes me even more sure that 5x08 will somewhat be Hook-centric. You know those whys that A&E were referring to? I think that's the episode they will explain the "whys" of Captain Swan, the "whys" of Hook. If Hook manages to speak to Merlin via magic mushroom, everyone around him will start to wonder why that is. And the words to describe the person who will speak to Merlin (and they think it's Arthur), one of Merlin's chosen ones, is pretty huge.

And how truthful can Merlin's answer be when he failed at saving Nimue in the first place? There was a lot of uncertainty when he looked at Emma before he said "sure". But the line that followed about whether Emma is ready to let go of the darkness or not ensures that if he fails (which we know he will), Emma gets the blame for it.

5x07 will be one giant parallel between Merlin/Nimue and Captain Swan. At the end of the day, Merlin did not manage to save Nimue, no matter how much he loved her. I guess that right there tells me that she may not have felt the same way about him. What led to her destruction will be super interesting.

• Love 3

Merlin has "chosen ones?" You can't make this stuff up. Are they really going to label it just like that in show?

So we know he disowned Arthur and DS is probably on his shit list now too. His apprentice is dead but before that, pretty much useless anyway. Who's up next? Maybe the guy should think about his life choices. Even his lover tree-ed him.

Merlin has "chosen ones?" You can't make this stuff up. Are they really going to label it just like that in show?

* Merlin visits random children as kids to be pretentious and give them vague statements.

* Merlin has a cult of disciples who follow his prophecies

* Merlin has "chosen ones"

* Merlin is constantly in battle against a dark being who metaphorically took away a loved one

* Merlin has god-like magical powers

* The leader of Merlin's followers wants to kill him on sight

No, no, no... he's totally not Jacob from Lost.

• Love 2

Charming found the mushroom in the second episode beside the tent that they were interogating Grif in. He specualted that Grif stole it too.

I officially have the worst memory ever when it comes to this show. Other things I can remember just fine, but this show...

*Edited because "menory" should be "memory." Sometimes I hate touchscreens.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I've seen a lot of theories floating around considering Emma's motives and plan and I tend to agree with those who think she has a long-term goal of overcoming The Darkness. This last episode clinched it for me. Emma's plan is to try and snuff out the dark by any dark means necessary. I think in her mind, the destruction of The Darkness can only come to pass with her death and although she's doing dark things in Storybrooke, I also think she's laying it on a little thick in order to create distance between herself and her loved ones so that it's easier to manipulate someone into killing her and thus saving everyone. Light and Dark. It hasn't been all that difficult to do thus far, with the exception of Hook and Henry, seeing as how everyone's been sitting on their butts in Storybrooke.

On the surface it looks like Emma is struggling with wanting everything as all Villains do on Once and I have no doubt there are real emotional struggles vacillating within Emma, but I think that ultimately she is trying to stay the course until she can accomplish her final task. Even though she lost Henry, she managed to give him back what was taken from him--a chance with Violet. (Penance). Regina distrusts her now more than ever, which plays to her plan of alienating herself. She thinks she's done the same to Hook. Rumple, Excalibur, the dagger--this is her obsession and her secret and keeping everyone in the dark is the only way she can hope to accomplish what she see as necessary and what everyone else would undoubtedly try to stop if it was known.

I'm thinking that unless Merlin's time in the tree significantly cemented his resolve, that he is unwilling to defeat the Darkness and Emma realizes this and their interests in dealing with the Darkness run counter to each other. Maybe he's just hoping that Emma with all her light/dark magical composition will just chill as the Dark One and maintain the status quo.

• Love 1

I hate Merida and everything about her, but this is amazing.

I officially have the worst menory ever when it comes to this show. Other things I can remember just fine, but this show...

So do the writers, so don't worry!

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Barbara Hershey will return to Once Upon a Time for the upcoming 100th episode, EW has learned exclusively.

The timing of this is interesting. We just saw her in 5x05 in the Daniel flashback. This really seems like Underworld foreshadowing.

I hate Merida and everything about her, but this is amazing.

I love how they accounted for aging. The casting and costuming departments really save the show in many respects. They're too good for A&E.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It's the right time for Cora to be back as well. With Regina being with Robin and Zelena being pregnant, the only thing that can somewhat redeem Zelena at this point is her crazy ass mother. Maybe Regina and Zelena can unite to send Cora back to Hell.

The casting for Merida's parents has been announced, and it's for what looks to be episode 5x08 (the 2 hour long ep). That means that I might actually be right and 5x09 is titled after Arthur, and not Fergus.

I love everything that sneak peek chooses to be. Sexy Captain Charming taking on the guards. Sexy Merlin using awesome magic. Sexy Belle using her book smarts. I'd watch an entire episode of those four going on an adventure!

• Love 8

Any other show I'd be down with Belle and Merlin after that one look they gave each other but knowing this dumb show and their need to keep that toxic couple, what a waste.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 3

Please don't let this sneak peek be the best thing about the episode.

Also, Belle, never change. Who takes a tome with them down to the dungeons? And then shows Merlin what to do? I wish Belle could just stay single forever.

So, Merlin stuck in his tree for a 1,000 years, mentions bicycle and David actually says something about that. And Lancelot knows Merlin? Mmm, how?

And Merlin says he sees bits and pieces of the future...dude, don't you think that's a huge problem, and that's why someone like Arthur has gone off the deep end?

I still don't care about Merida.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

After that sneak peek, I have to say sorry, Hook, I have a new man in my life, and his name is Merlin. Actually, I've always had a thing for Merlin. There's the Mary Stewart trilogy. Merlin's one reason I'm mentioned in TV Tropes. And now I love this incarnation, and I really love his interaction with the others.

So, what's the official shipper name for Belle and Merlin going to be? He seems to be the man she keeps telling herself Rumple is. Also, I'm digging the Hook and Merlin bromance possibilities. Sorry, Charming, you missed the boat.

• Love 3

We need to keep single Belle man.

It's nice to see someone use magic for good but is also confident in it. Merlin's smug but his smug doesn't annoy me. Probably because I'm shallow though.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

So, what's the official shipper name for Belle and Merlin going to be? He seems to be the man she keeps telling herself Rumple is. Also, I'm digging the Hook and Merlin bromance possibilities. Sorry, Charming, you missed the boat.

How about Magic Library or Magic Beauty? lol I wish Belle had stuck with Will or remained single. 

And Hooked Sorceror for the Hook/Merlin broship. Hooked Charming Sorcerer if we include Charms. 

• Love 2

Please don't let this sneak peek be the best thing about the episode.

I thought the same thing after I saw it. Loved it!

Seriously though, THIS is the swashbuckling vibe we need more of on this show!

Yes! I would love to see more fun, adventures where the heroes actually use their brains (and braun/magic) to make positive progress towards a clear goal. I felt like the Season 3 finale had that same sort of vibe - wish we could see this much more often!

After that sneak peek, I have to say sorry, Hook, I have a new man in my life, and his name is Merlin.

Why not both? ;)

I like single Belle who has a backbone and kicks Rumple to the curb, but if she has to be with someone, I definitely saw some nice chemistry between her and Merlin. Wizard Beauty? French Sorcerer? Berlin?

• Love 2

Oh hell naw! You guys did not just put Jacob!Merlin in the same sentence as Belle. Did we all not see what happened with Will when he got stuck with her and Rumbelle? I'm hoping to keep him around, not get rid of him.

Besides he's got his own sob love story lined up with Nimue who shows up again in the finale.

What is it about Merida that grates so badly? She's so obnoxious. You can be "bad ass" and not have such a shitty attitude. Red was awesome like that. Too bad they couldn't use her instead or Tink.

• Love 2
Berlin?

I think we have a winner here.

But yeah, I'm not going to really wish for it because they'll never permanently split her from Rumple. She'll keep taking him back and he'll keep screwing up, and it'll get more and more twisted, and her getting together with anyone else during their off phases will just ruin that character and further mess her up.

Is it weird that she gets prettier when she's single? In the promo stills and in the sneak peak she's stunning. There's a radiance about her. When she's with Rumple she looks worn and tired and a bit dowdy. Are they doing that on purpose?

The teaser trailer made it look like this was going to be a Rumple episode (and I keep wanting to call it "The Bear and the Maiden Fair," but that's the wrong series), but with this sneak and with some of the promo photos, it looks like the Hook/Charming/Belle/Merlin plot must be a significant story line. There are the shots with Hook and Charming and the mushroom in the present and then there's the sneak peak with them and Merlin, so they must be paralleling the team-up with Merlin against the attempt to communicate with him in the present.

• Love 2