Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I don't mind Chester. I really don't. However, I still don't understand why he just became a part of the team. All he had to do was stay in the lab to finish whatever tests or something and be on his way. I can't at them just LETTING him on the team.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't mind Chester. I really don't. However, I still don't understand why he just became a part of the team. All he had to do was stay in the lab to finish whatever tests or something and be on his way. I can't at them just LETTING him on the team.

Wow, I don't even remember how he got on the Team in the first place. He's smart and a scientist, but I can't recall if they actually gave a reason for him starting to work at STAR Labs.

Matt's Inside Line:

Whether Rosa Dillon aka The Top has planted a seed for Cecile to become corrupted by her newly realized powers “remains to be seen,” says showrunner Eric Wallace. “We know that Cecile is a great person, but as her powers grow — because they will grow over the course of Season 7 — with growing comes with challenges. There are some unusual turns that she will have to deal with, and it’s going to be hard for her. It’s going to be hard.”

WHAT ABOUT HER CHILDREN, ERIC??

• LOL 2

7.04 synopsis; the episode starting the new Season 7 arcs:

"Central City Strong" - ...

ABRA KADABRA RETURNS - The Flash (Grant Gustin) must deal with Abra Kadabra's (guest star David Dastmalchian) sudden return to Central City. The villain is back with a vengeance and a score to settle. Meanwhile, Allegra (Kayla Compton) deals with a tricky situation and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) suspects something is off with Frost. Iris (Candice Patton) is forced to look at a dark moment in her past.

Jeff Byrd directed the episode with story by Kristen Kim and teleplay by Joshua V. Gilbert & Jeff Hersh (#704). Original airdate 3/23/2021.

With this recent quote...

... In order to then wrap up Eva’s story, there was an episode early in the season that literally we had to change almost half of it. That was also due to COVID, too. Usually to wrap up a storyline we have hundreds of extras and all of these things going on in downtown Vancouver, we blow up cars…. We have a sense of scale and spectacle to end the Big Bad, and we couldn’t do that because of COVID, but we still had to have spectacle — so how do you do that? And we had to deal with the loss of a cast member in the Elongated Man, who was very wrapped up in that story, because we have to exonerate Sue [of Joseph Carver’s murder]….

... I'm wondering if they found a way to not have Ralph in these last three episodes at all? Last summer, Eric said they'd probably do a recast and have Ralph in one episode to wrap up his (and Sue's) storylines. But that was before they actually started filming anything; things could have changed. I find it suspect that there's been hardly anything said or seen of Sue, even if they want to avoid talking about Ralph (Sawyer).

Calling it now: Ralph comes back, BUT he looks like Sue Dearbon. That way they can can wrap things up with Ralph, avoid having to find a Hartley Sawyer lookalike, and still use the actress they like. This might explain them calling Sue an "old friend" in the 7.03 synopsis.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, Trini said:

Wow, I don't even remember how he got on the Team in the first place. He's smart and a scientist, but I can't recall if they actually gave a reason for him starting to work at STAR Labs.

I don't think they did. He just woke up from whatever he needed to do to get his body back stable. Then, he just started dancing in Star Labs. They truly just LET him on the team.

Then again, they probably had no choice as Barry took his mask off in front of a stranger.

10 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't think they did. He just woke up from whatever he needed to do to get his body back stable. Then, he just started dancing in Star Labs. They truly just LET him on the team.

Then again, they probably had no choice as Barry took his mask off in front of a stranger.

I thought he was sorta on the team because he helped with Grodd being stuck in Barry's head. Of course, it's something Chester did that enabled Grodd to telepathically enter Barry's head.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, adora721 said:

I thought he was sorta on the team because he helped with Grodd being stuck in Barry's head. Of course, it's something Chester did that enabled Grodd to telepathically enter Barry's head.

Here's the thing. WHY was Chester just let on the team? Again, the man just woke up and was automatically a part of the team. It made no sense.

4 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Here's the thing. WHY was Chester just let on the team? Again, the man just woke up and was automatically a part of the team. It made no sense.

Isn't he supposed to be a genius level engineer?  Plus unlike Barry he has no day job and appear to be willing to work for free.  That's a win!

• LOL 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Okay I went back and rewatched: In 6.07, Chester wakes up and has that subplot with Cecile (about getting a date) and at the very end SHE invites him to STAR Labs. His next appearance is in 6.13, where he's just there at SL ready to work the comms; but no one is surprised at this, so it seems that's not the first time he's there (to work).

You're right that makes no sense that he's an automatic Team member;  I myself just kind of glossed over it since I knew he was going to end up on TF when they introduced him.

The best reason seems to be: he's smart and he wants to. (LOL, seven seasons and we still don't know if anyone's getting a paycheck.)

-----

But back to spoilers:

It looks like Barry might actually make it into the Mirrorverse in tonight's episode; but I'm doubtful as to whether he reunites with Iris. If he does, it will probably be the last scene.

Edited by Trini
grammar
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Grant Gustin teases tonight's episode: https://tvline.com/2021/03/09/the-flash-season-7-episode-2-preview-mirrorverse-rescue-plan/

“We are going to make some progress,” series lead Grant Gustin tells TVLine, previewing tonight’s episode (airing at 8/7c on The CW). “The ASF powering up has an interesting effect on Barry,” bestowing him with what is dubbed speed-thinking.

But with that upgrade, “he loses a bit of his empathy and emotions,” Gustin forewarns. “We are going to see what we are calling Spock Flash, which I had a lot of fun with. But because Barry is thinking so fast now with the ASF, he will come up with a plan to get most of the team out of the Mirrorverse.”

Wait, did he say most? Does that mean Barry’s wife Iris (played by Candice Patton), Cisco’s girlfriend Kamilla (Victoria Park), or police chief David Singh (Patrick Sabongui) are at risk of being left behind…??

“While Barry has this speed-thinking, we realize that we can’t save everybody,” Gustin previews, “so it’s kind of a Sophie’s Choice.”

Well, on the lighter side of things, tonight’s episode ends with a bonus scene that is as provocative as it is random.

Without spoiling at all what the sequence entails, Gustin says, “I had an inkling that we would tease this, and we would explore this at some point this season…. It’s hard to talk about without giving it away, but I was super-excited to see that we were teasing this.”

Yay! Quotes from the cast!

Booo! They're killing off Singh? Because it's either him or Kamilla, and I'm sure it's not Kamilla. Why can't they just let Barry/the Team have a win? What did Singh do to deserve this??

Also not liking that it sounds like Barry won't really be himself when he rescues Iris.

[ETA:] Yeah, I'm assuming Iris gets out; but maybe I shouldn't with the way this the last season has gone.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 1

Grant Gustin interview: https://www.tvinsider.com/990494/the-flash-season-7-barry-iris-rescue-mirrorverse-grant-gustin/

"... And then with this Spock Flash episode where Barry, like you said, is soulless. It was like dialogue overload because he was like a computer. ..."

"... And at least initially, when she comes out, you know it doesn’t necessarily go smoothly…because this is The Flash. Things kind of fall apart when when she first comes out and that was again kind of a tough scene to shoot because we had just gotten back into work. One of our first few days of filming was her coming out of the mirrorverse, this big emotional scene for Barry and Iris. ..."

Not a Grant quote, but the questions tell what happens:

The hour leaves us with a legit cliffhanger. Actually two, including a major callback to the first season. How bad is it going to be for Barry given that everything that happens tonight is sort of his fault?

<...>

How does he win his team back?

I mean, they’re a family, you know? So I think we’ll see them kind of rally around each other and, as always Barry will learn from his mistakes the hard way.

... Obviously Candice and I have a lot more work together this season than we did last season. And yeah, it’s a new stage for Barry and Iris. We’re going to see them. They’ve been married for a minute now and they’re talking about things about the future that married couples talk about. We’re going to see them exploring the next stage of their relationship, which has been cool.

---

Another "we win, but we still lose" situation, Iris gets out, but no emotion from Barry?

This entire Mirror arc... this does NOT inspire trust or excitement for the next "graphic novels".

• Love 1

Is it me or is Grant hinting at a WestAllen pregnancy? In the same season they banned kissing? And the whole thing is pathetic because they are kissing and being physically affectionate on every single show I watch but of course this one had to be the exception!

I am really struggling with this season and everything I hear about it. I don't trust that there's going to be more WestAllen and I don't think this is the right time for a baby.

I haven't watched one single episode and I don't understand why a Barry that is willing to throw everyone else under the bus to save Iris is described as soulless, emotionless and robotic. If anything, it seems that his emotional attachment to Iris makes him ruthless. If he were operating on nothing but cold logic he would behave differently in my opinion but maybe it makes more sense in the episode.

• Love 2

I love how Grant just spills stuff. Some spoiler-y bits from these two interviews:

https://tvline.com/2021/03/09/the-flash-recap-season-7-episode-2-iris-saved-harrison-wells-alive/

https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-grant-gustin-season-7-episode-2-spoilers/

I think it’s going to be the hardest on Barry, because he feels like “I did this,” and he is expecting the team to kind of have ill will and turn on him. But Team Flash is a family, and they have his back. They help him remember that it wasn’t him, he wasn’t thinking clearly, and not to beat himself up too much. The ASF had taken over his mind, and it ultimately wasn’t his own doing… even though it really was. [Chuckles]

... There's an immediate emotional fallout. We pick directly up with this moment in 703, with a very emotional scene. Thankfully, Team Flash has become a family and they all have Barry's back in the wake of this and really help him feel like this wasn't his doing. He was unaware of what he was doing. His mind had been taken over. It's not his fault, but it's hard for Barry to shake that feeling that he almost killed his wife, and could've killed the entire team. So, it weighs pretty heavily on Barry. Thankfully, no one turns on him.

It’s been interesting this year, because you’re very aware of how they are trying to limit physical contact, which makes emotional scenes very tough. There’s not a  lot of hugging this season, there’s been no kissing, at least on my end… so it’s been weird  in exploring those emotional aspects of the show, and  limiting the number of people in scenes. ...

I'm not going to blame anyone for taking precautions, but kissing has been happening on other shows filmed in Vancouver, so....

We’re going to get to see the real Harrison Wells for the first time, because we’ve only ever seen Harrison Wells who is taken over by Thawne. It’s a character that I know Tom loves to portray, but as usual it’s going to be Harrison Wells with a twist, and we will get to see Tom do something brand new again with this character.

Well, there's kind of a twist there, too, like always when it comes to Wells. It's not like necessarily the real Harrison Wells, I guess. It has more to do with the particles that made up all of the Wellses now embodies this Harrison Wells. So, we're going to yet again see Tom do something slightly different than we've ever seen, and it is technically the real Harrison Wells but with a twist.

There’s definitely a breather, in a good way. We don’t pretend like [the Mirrorverse] didn’t happen; Candice in particular got a really interesting storyline where she got to explore the effects that this had on Iris. We don’t move on like, “She was in the Mirrorverse and now she’s out, life is back to normal!” They did a good job of giving Iris a storyline that explores the effects on her, psychologically, of that experience. But we will also see more “classic WestAllen,” and see them taking the next steps in their marriage and talking about their future.

TVLINE | Because don’t they have a kid to make?
Exactly, yeah. That’s going to come up, as far as what’s next for their family.

It's been nice. It's definitely the next stage in their relationship. They've been married for a few years now, and we're seeing them talk about what's next for them in their life, what's next for them in their relationship, talking about having kids potentially in the future. We see Iris exploring what the fallout was for her psychologically being trapped in the Mirrorverse for all that time, which I thought was a really cool storyline for Candice [Patton] and Iris to have. We didn't see much of them together at all last year, so it's nice to have the Barry and Iris scenes back as a consistent dynamic on the show and to see them exploring what's next for them in their marriage outside of being the Flash and [on] Team Flash.

I trust Grant more than I trust Wallace when talks about the show, but Grant isn't the one who makes the final editing decisions, so I still don't know if I can expect something good even if he thinks it's good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Trini said:

I love how Grant just spills stuff. Some spoiler-y bits from these two interviews:

We’re going to get to see the real Harrison Wells for the first time, because we’ve only ever seen Harrison Wells who is taken over by Thawne. It’s a character that I know Tom loves to portray, but as usual it’s going to be Harrison Wells with a twist, and we will get to see Tom do something brand new again with this character.

Oh good, with a TWIST! Just what we want is more Wells' but with a TWIST! What a totally unheard of concept! /s

Sometimes a show can outgrow it's original motif, and that's OKAY! You don't need to force feed something every year when the show has outgrown it! 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, shantown said:

Oh good, with a TWIST! Just what we want is more Wells' but with a TWIST! What a totally unheard of concept! /s

The real twist is that he's missed out on 15-20 years of history and one of the last things he saw was his dead wife.  Plus there's all the legal issues of Harrison Wells rising from the grave if he decides he wants his old life back.

And while some limits to Barry's speed aren't necessarily a bad thing (seriously, if he has access to Flashtime then he should never lose) I don't think he'll be speedless for too long. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Exactly, yeah. That’s going to come up, as far as what’s next for their family.

... what's next for them in their relationship, talking about having kids potentially in the future.

So... do we think Iris will be pregnant this season? Next season? Time jump to skip the pregnancy?

I think the soonest would be Iris finding out she's pregnant at the end of this season; however, I think it will more likely happen in Season 8.

Photos for 7.03 are out: Barry & Iris; and the Team meets the resurrected Harrison Wells.

[ETA:] The photos look like stills from the episode footage; I don't think they had a set photographer like they usually did pre-Covid. I wonder if this will continue for the rest of this season?

Edited by Trini

7.05, "Fear Me" synopsis:

PSYCH ATTACKS CENTRAL CITY – When a powerful new villain, Psych (guest star Ennis Esmer), channels and amplifies everyone’s fears in order to wreak havoc on Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes, with Cecile’s (Danielle Nicolet) help, that he must face his own worst fear in order to beat this new threat.

Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) is surprised when Kristen Kramer (guest star Carmen Moore) from the Governor’s Municipal Logistics Commission drops into CCPD for a visit. Iris (Candice Patton) warns her father to dig deeper on why Kristen is actually there.

Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and Frost argue about how to live their lives.

David McWhirter directed the episode with story by Thomas Pound and teleplay by Lauren Barnett & Christina M. Walker (#705). Original airdate 3/30/2021.

---

Psych is new villain introduced in the most recent run of The Flash comic.

Is this 'Kristen Kramer' going to be recurring? Is she going to be part of an arc for Joe, or for Iris?

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Trini said:

7.05, "Fear Me" synopsis:

---

Psych is new villain introduced in the most recent run of The Flash comic.

Is this 'Kristen Kramer' going to be recurring? Is she going to be part of an arc for Joe, or for Iris?

Kristen Kramer might be for Joe. Did Wallace say he has a storyline coming up? Some people believe they are doing an anti-metahuman storyline for him. I don't think we've been told what Iris story is this season?

Also, it is so PAINFULLY obvious they struggle to come up with story for Caitlin and Killer Frost.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Kristen Kramer might be for Joe. Did Wallace say he has a storyline coming up? Some people believe they are doing an anti-metahuman storyline for him. I don't think we've been told what Iris story is this season?

Also, it is so PAINFULLY obvious they struggle to come up with story for Caitlin and Killer Frost.

My fear is that, based on BTS pictures of KF getting arrested, that Joe's story will be dealing with issues of police corruption & brutality towards meta-humans. This plot is meant to be a reference to BLM and the 2020 protests about policing in the real world. I shudder at the thought that KF will be used to represent POCs or other at-risk communites in a story about policing in the USA.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

This is the second episode description I read that teases a Caitlin + Frost subplot. I guess we will be treated to more scenes with DP talking to herself.

23 hours ago, Trini said:

So... do we think Iris will be pregnant this season? Next season? Time jump to skip the pregnancy?

I think the soonest would be Iris finding out she's pregnant at the end of this season; however, I think it will more likely happen in Season 8.

I don't get why they would give interviews about it at the beginning of season 7 if this is supposed to be a season 8 storyline. It's not like "talks about future kids" is something that they've never explored before. My guess is that Iris will be pregnant by the end of this season but I have no clue what that means for season 8. I don't think they want to write for WestAllen as parents of newborns that will disappear off screen.

I hope this was Wallace's plan all along. I worry that they are rushing this storyline because this is Candice's last season (similar to what happened with Felicity's pregnancy during season 7 of Arrow) but they need Iris to give birth before they can write her out. Or maybe they are just exaggerating everything to bait WestAllen fans into watching. Except I haven't seen anyone be happy about a pregnancy after both Candice and Grant have come out and admitted that they haven't written one kiss for WA (let alone a baby making scene). I also think it's crappy that it's up to the actors to tell people about the lack of physical intimacy. It only sets them up to be blamed by the fans and praised by the haters who will look at anything as evidence that they are disgusted by each other.

• Useful 1

I don't think it's Candice's last season, so I don't think that's why they're possibly starting a pregnancy storyline. In any case it's season 7, and they've been married for nearly 3 solid seasons, so I wouldn't say they're rushing to bring it up now.

45 minutes ago, Starry said:

I don't get why they would give interviews about it at the beginning of season 7 if this is supposed to be a season 8 storyline. It's not like "talks about future kids" is something that they've never explored before. My guess is that Iris will be pregnant by the end of this season but I have no clue what that means for season 8. I don't think they want to write for WestAllen as parents of newborns that will disappear off screen.

Well, I'm guessing; but they did start Nora's story in Season 4, so we know they plan ahead.

Have they really actually explored them talking about having children together, though? Even in the Nora season, it was a few sparse lines of dialog.

I agree they don't want to do newborns; but this is a comic book/sci-fi/fantasy show, so there are options to skip that -- although I hope they don't completely skip over that.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I agree that it's not too soon for them to have kids but what I mean with "rushing" it is that I look at a pregnancy as a typical final season storyline. Except this show has already been renewed. Of course I could be wrong and they could plan for multiple seasons featuring WestAllen and their speedster babies but they are already struggling with Jenna to the point Joe and Cecile look like two absentee parents and they are secondary characters.

11 minutes ago, Trini said:

Have they really actually explored them talking about having children together, though? Even in the Nora season, it was a few sparse lines of dialog.

I agree they don't want to newborns; but this is a comic book/sci-fi/fantasy show, so there are options to skip that -- although i hope they don't completely skip over that.

They've talked about it in season 4 before Nora showed up and then again in the season 6 premiere and they also had Mirror Iris hint at "starting a family" after the Speed Force's death. It was nothing more than a few lines of dialogue but I think that a real storyline (and this seems to be a real storyline) should be more than discussing the subject. That's why I don't get why they would plan for it now only for Iris to find out that she's pregnant as late as season 8.

I don't remember what happens in the comics but I guess they could introduce rapid aging to deal with the newborn babies issue. But I hope they won't skip over the cute stuff to immediately move on to sci-fi hijinks.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if using Velocity X will have any unexpected consequences for Killer Caitlin Frost Snow. Canonically, the use of Velocity has been fraught with negative consequences for Trajectory and Zoom. Perhaps its use might kickstart a splitting of bodies for Killer Cait, especially since KF dating w/o Cait's consent would be disgusting and highly problematic. 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, adora721 said:

My fear is that, based on BTS pictures of KF getting arrested, that Joe's story will be dealing with issues of police corruption & brutality towards meta-humans. This plot is meant to be a reference to BLM and the 2020 protests about policing in the real world. I shudder at the thought that KF will be used to represent POCs or other at-risk communites in a story about policing in the USA.

I will legit riot if they use KF for that. RIOT.

• Love 2

Matt's Inside Line at TV Line:

Is it safe to assume that The Flash‘s new baddie Chillblaine will be a love interest for Killer Frost? –Justin

I ran your query by showrunner Eric Wallace, and he said, “That remains to be seen. He’s a bad guy, so who knows…. Stranger things have happened.” One thing is certain, though: Frost may lose her cool over having a “copycat” in town. “Let’s see how she deals with having a villain who has essentially the exact same powers,” Wallace teased. “First of all, that’s gotta be really annoying!”

They need to just stop asking Eric questions and go straight to the actors

• LOL 1

7.06 synopsis:

"The One With The Nineties" - ...

CISCO AND CHESTER GO BACK IN TIME - Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Chester (Brandon McKnight) travel back in time and get stuck in 1998, repeating the same day over and over again. The key to returning home is at Chester's childhood home but he refuses to visit. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) forges a connection with the speed force.

Jeff Byrd directed the episode written by Kelly Wheeler & Emily Palizzi (#706). Original airdate 4/6/2021.

----

Wheeler and Palizzi have been with the show since season 5, and have done some good episodes.

Now, I like Chester, but it just annoys me that the newest team member gets an A-plot and backstory episode already, but Cisco's been here since Day One and has only had that a handful of times.

I'm concerned that Barry isn't in the description; hopefully he's in Iris' subplot. Sounds like it might be a Grant-lite episode.

No mention of a villain-of-the-week or the 'big bad' but I'm guessing there's a C-plot with either of those.

• Love 1

Heh - I mentioned the fashion because I'm wondering if there has been some crew changes? I'll try and look that up. They've always been better dressed; but it could a one-episode thing, maybe.

23 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why is Chester tagging along for a crime scene? Does all of Team Flash need to be there? And just to many people in Star Labs now, Cheter/Allega are basically Cisco/Caitlin-lite. They'd work for a Wally based team.

Well now you've made me miss Wally again! But seriously, Allegra should NOT be at STAR Labs so much; she's supposed to be on the CCC team. But I guess it's too much for Iris to have her own employees....

About 7.06:

... Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) forges a connection with the speed force.

This could be intriguing, but at this point, I don't trust Wallace.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, Trini said:

7.04 synopsis; the episode starting the new Season 7 arcs:

"Central City Strong" - ...

... with story by Kristen Kim and teleplay by Joshua V. Gilbert & Jeff Hersh ...

I didn't notice until now that they put all the 'junior' writers on this (for a premiere???). I would say I'm lowering my expectations, but they're already at zero.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:43 PM, Trini said:

Well now you've made me miss Wally again! But seriously, Allegra should NOT be at STAR Labs so much; she's supposed to be on the CCC team. But I guess it's too much for Iris to have her own employees....

Cait and Killer Frost need at least three people telling them how awesome they are per episode. Ralph is gone; Sue called her "Dr. Perfect"  before leaving. No female friendship between Iris and Cait exists since they just used that SnoWest arc in season 4 as an execuse to get Cait into Iris' wedding.  Allegra is left as the de facto CS/KF brown-noser while Cisco or Cecile is busy. They already had Allegra praise KF's fighting skills despite the fact that KF's fighting skills are poor. Allegra standing next to Cait is also supposed to say, "Look, it's female friendship!" And Iris gets almost no one on her side alone, not even her own father. I'm waiting for them to put some praise for CS/KF into Kamilla's mouth when Kamilla still deserves an apology from KF for trashing Kam's photography.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

7.07 synopsis:

“Growing Pains” ...

FROST MUST FACE HER PAST – When a mysterious ice powered enemy frames Frost (Danielle Panabaker) for a brutal crime, she must find a way to clear her name. Meanwhile, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton) have a surprise houseguest, and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) continues to deal with Kristen Kramer (guest star Carmen Moore).

Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Jess Carson (#707). Original airdate 4/13/2021.

-----

Carson is one of the newest staff writers; based on her one previous episode, she seems to be good at getting the emotional aspects of the characters/show right. Chalsen has been with the show since Season 4; he's done good episodes.

So even with a Frost A-plot, I'm interested in seeing how it goes with Chillblaine.

A "surprise houseguest"?? That could mean several things. [ETA:] Wait is this where Diggle shows up? Because I think they'd say that outright if he was in this episode, so maybe not.

So Joe's story is ongoing; that's encouraging - but we still don't really know what it's about.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hmm. I'm not surprised they brought Bart Allen in but I'm a little surprised they're making him a WA son and not grandson. I thought they might go with the twins because that doubles the chance for drama and high jinks. 

I wonder if this means we're completely losing Nora or there's still potential to bring her back as they hinted at one point? It will be kind of annoying if the boy doesn't get wiped out but the girl does and never returns. Although obviously it would be devastating for WA to see another future child disintegrate. It's baby Sara on a bigger scale although Arrow *eventually* put that right 4 seasons later. And I love JPK even though Nora herself ended up a frustrating character. Guess we'll wait and see. 

• Love 2

I am not surprised they made Bart their son as they tend to simplify things. Wally got changed from nephew to brother and XS was also supposed to be a grandchild.

I want to be excited about Bart and I am glad he's an actual teen but I wasn't impressed with the Nora storyline and this sounds more of the same. Barry and Iris already had to witness their time traveling daughter get erased from existence. They shouldn't make the same mistake twice and let their son hang out in the past if he has the means to go back to the future.

I also need the twins. Maybe instead of disintegrating this WestAllen kid will change the timeline to the point he'll give himself a twin sister? 😉

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Starry said:

I am not surprised they made Bart their son as they tend to simplify things. Wally got changed from nephew to brother and XS was also supposed to be a grandchild.

I want to be excited about Bart and I am glad he's an actual teen but I wasn't impressed with the Nora storyline and this sounds more of the same. Barry and Iris already had to witness their time traveling daughter get erased from existence. They shouldn't make the same mistake twice and let their son hang out in the past if he has the means to go back to the future.

I also need the twins. Maybe instead of disintegrating this WestAllen kid will change the timeline to the point he'll give himself a twin sister? 😉

Is it really that much more simple, though?  Also, Barry doesn't seem like he would name his kid after himself.

I don't know why they can't just let the Tornado Twins exist on this show.

Despite those annoyances, I'm excited to see another West-Allen family member on the show!

• Love 1

I think it was stupid to change Bart to be their kid instead of grandchild. For 1...Iris isnt even pregnant yet, we've already done the "My kid has traveled from the future" storyline...and 2 a granchild storyline is a lot more interesting and doesnt force them to speed anything up if they dont want to make Iris pregnant anytime soon.

• Love 2

From TV Line; info about the 7A arc about the Forces - which have yet to be named on the show:

Gustin had told TVLine that, a short time after the Mirrorverse storyline ends, “We’re going to see something that’s from an arc in the comic books, with a handful of different Forces” akin to the Speed Force from which Barry draws his own meta powers. “It’s a cool storyline that we explore for a stretch of episodes, and the actors that they got to portray each of these characters not only killed it, but I was super-sad when we wrapped it up, actually, just because I had such a good time working with technically all four of them, three of which were new to our show. I think it’s going to be a fun storyline for the fans, and I personally had a really good time.”

TVLine can confirm that Psych is in fact the Sage Force’s conduit. “A disturbed man with a tragic past, the villainous Psych now uses his newly gained meta-abilities to create chaos and spread terror amongst Central City’s inhabitants,” the full character description reads. “But due to the immense scale of his meta abilities, no one is immune from Psych’s deadly psychic attacks… including the Flash.”

TVLine can report exclusively that the next cosmic force to surface — next week in The Flash‘s April 6 episode — is indeed the Still Force, played by Christian Magby (Legacies, One Night in Miami).

The Still Force will arrive in the form of Magby’s Deon Owens, a promising high school athlete who leaves behind a sports career after gaining miraculous meta powers. But as Team Flash attempts to reign in the lad’s growing influence on Central City, can they stop this force of nature before it brings life itself, literally, to a standstill?

• Love 1