Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

New haircut for Iris? Candice cut her hair shorter:

The only problem I have is that I think this lessens the already slim of chance of us seeing Iris' hair naturally curly again.

Anyway, seems like they'll do a time jump to start the 'real' Season 7.

On 11/20/2020 at 5:49 AM, Trini said:

The only problem I have is that I think this lessens the already slim of chance of us seeing Iris' hair naturally curly again.

I wanted to see more ponytails and braids. Now that's not going to happen  🙁

I hope they won't ruin her hair.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Starry said:

*In theory* she could get box braids, or another African braid style, but we already know they already have trouble finding people to do the basics, so....

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Trini said:

*In theory* she could get box braids, or another African braid style, but we already know they already have trouble finding people to do the basics, so....

Did any of you watch "Jingle Jangle" on Netflix? Eric Wallace should hire whoever did the hair styling on that movie. The styles for the Black women and Black girls were fantastic!

On 11/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, Trini said:

Candiace doesnt seem to do many styles with her hair even when it was long but she could still get box braids....but I'd be shocked for them to explore Iris with different hairtyles on The Flash this late in the game. Anissa seems to be one of the very few Arrowverse characters who actually gets to do anything with her hair outside of the safe styles that tv has conformed to.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, Starry said:

Extensions can make ANYTHING possible lol. 

11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Candiace doesnt seem to do many styles with her hair even when it was long but she could still get box braids....but I'd be shocked for them to explore Iris with different hairtyles on The Flash this late in the game. Anissa seems to be one of the very few Arrowverse characters who actually gets to do anything with her hair outside of the safe styles that tv has conformed to.

Well, Black Lightning has a whole different team in a whole different city, with people who know what they are doing with Black hair.

I don't see how it being "late in the game" has anything to do with Iris having some different hairstyles. Even if they won't hire anyone with specific experience with Black hair, they just need someone with some imagination who will put in the effort. For example, the Supergirl hair team which manages to have varied updos, braids, etc. for Kara (when she's not Supergirl). And when Cisco and Killer Frost were in the Supergirl Elseworlds episode, they had different hairstyles for them.

It's hair. There are so many things they can do.

• Love 2

Spoiler TV has the upcoming titles (they are usually accurate): 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-flash-season-7-first-5-episodes.html

The Flash - Episode 7.01 - All's Well That Ends Wells
The Flash - Episode 7.02 - The Speed of Thought
The Flash - Episode 7.03 - Mother
The Flash - Episode 7.04 - Central City Strong
The Flash - Episode 7.05 - Fear Me

Keep in mind that 7.01 - 7.03 was supposed to be the conclusion of Season 6, so 7.04 starts the real Season 7 arcs.

I don't really have much speculation based on these titles. I think we already knew pre-Covid that there was going to be a Wells-centric plot. "Central City Strong" sounds like the city coming together after their annual disaster; so it's appropriate for a "season premiere". I'm assuming "Mother" refers to Eva - and only Eva, because I refuse to set myself up.

• Love 1

Quote from Danielle Nicolet from CCXP:

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-flash-season-7-fan-favorite-villains-return-danielle-nicolet/

During The Flash's presentation at the virtual CCXP in Brazil last weekend, Nicolet explained that some "bad guy favorites" would be paying a visit in the upcoming season of the series.

"You know we’re not allowed to tell you secrets about the season. But I will say I think it's a reasonable assumption that, yeah we always have time travel, on some level, happening," Nicolet said. "I mean, I can tell you this, there are going to be some favorites from the past, some bad guys favorites that may be paying a visit or two this season so I'll leave it up to you to speculate on how they’re going to get to us."

I'm guessing "favorites" is whoever's available in Vancouver. But a couple of returns were already spoiled from set pics or reports.

----

Looking at the way CW is rolling out it's trailers, I'm guessing we won't get a new trailer until January. Even if they can't show us new footage yet, I wish they do other stuff for promo. It's weird that they're not even announcing guest star casting. We'd usually have some of that at few months before the season premiere.

Like, not even the poster for Season 7? And I know there was more stuff from FanDome that they didn't use.

Edited by Trini

Now I'm seeing speculation that Candice's short hair might be a wig for Iris. Pro: maybe Iris cutting her hair will actually be a plot point or subplot. Con: if it is a wig, there's probably only going to be -at most- two hairstyles for Iris for season 7.

Apparently the show filmed a flashback from Barry's childhood:

---

Someone pointed out that Masonville was mentioned in Season 3 finale(?) when Barry was talking to Savitar about a memory from their childhood.

I wish they'd do some teen Barry & Iris flashbacks!

• Love 2
On 12/1/2020 at 7:03 AM, Trini said:

Spoiler TV has the upcoming titles (they are usually accurate): 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-flash-season-7-first-5-episodes.html

Keep in mind that 7.01 - 7.03 was supposed to be the conclusion of Season 6, so 7.04 starts the real Season 7 arcs.

I don't really have much speculation based on these titles. I think we already knew pre-Covid that there was going to be a Wells-centric plot. "Central City Strong" sounds like the city coming together after their annual disaster; so it's appropriate for a "season premiere". I'm assuming "Mother" refers to Eva - and only Eva, because I refuse to set myself up.

It seems Central City Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes. It's more than likely another Grodd episode.

I agree about Mother.

54 minutes ago, Starry said:

It seems Central City Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes. It's more than likely another Grodd episode.

Hmmm- They don't usually do the annual Grodd episode this early, though.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Hmmm- They don't usually do the annual Grodd episode this early, though.

I don't understand how CC Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes? I thought it was a reference to how other cities have used it - Boston Strong after the marathon bombing, for example. If it is Grodd, maybe it's a way to have physically distanced / interacting less for safety measures.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, shantown said:

I don't understand how CC Strong is a reference to Planet of the Apes? I thought it was a reference to how other cities have used it - Boston Strong after the marathon bombing, for example. If it is Grodd, maybe it's a way to have physically distanced / interacting less for safety measures.

I didn't either; but I looked it up, and apparently Central City is also the name of the city (of apes) in Planet of the Apes.  I'm more inclined to think it's a Boston Strong, etc. reference than a PotA reference.

I know nothing about Planet of the Apes. Other fans caught the reference and I took it at face value because they were filming with the stunt guy they use for CGI villains like Grodd and Bloodwork.

https://tvline.com/2021/01/13/the-flash-season-7-villain-jon-cor-cast-chillblaine/

TVLine has learned exclusively that Shadowhunters vet Jon Cor has landed the recurring guest star role of Mark Stevens aka Chillblaine.

The official character description tells us, “Scientist Mark Stevens is a charismatic bad boy obsessed with cryogenic technology. But when he’s not breaking into corporate safes, he’s busy breaking hearts with his irresistible charm and roguish style. Armed with his own cold weapons, he’ll become a new thorn in the side of Team Flash as the DC Comics villain Chillblaine.”

In comic book lore, Chillblaine has sometimes partnered with (and sometimes partnered with) villainess Golden Glider aka Lisa Snart, but there are no plans at this time for Peyton List to reprise her Season 1 role.

------

My first thought is that this is going to be Killer Frost's boyfriend.

After Captain Cold, Killer Frost, and Icicle, Eric Wallace better have something new with yet another cold/ice villain.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

New trailer! At EW, but it should be elsewhere soon: https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-7-trailer/

I think it's interesting that they (the marketing dept. at least) are running (heh) with the idea of Barry being the Paragon of Love from Crisis. I really hope that Iris ends up being the missing element to Barry getting his powers/the Speed Force back. C'mon, Wallace, all the ingredients to be great are right there in the show's canon!

• Love 5

I like that trailer a lot! And I like that the connection between Barry and Iris is very clear. Would have been nice if they teased the villain for after this arc, I think a lot of people are curious about the new arc and it would get people talking probably, but It might have been too much for a trailer? Looking forward to the new season. I've missed the show

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RedVitC said:

I like that trailer a lot! And I like that the connection between Barry and Iris is very clear. Would have been nice if they teased the villain for after this arc, I think a lot of people are curious about the new arc and it would get people talking probably, but It might have been too much for a trailer? Looking forward to the new season. I've missed the show

I don't think a small tease would have been too much. But TPTB have specifically been avoiding mentioning new arcs/characters until the the ones from season 6 have been wrapped up. The only real new info we got recently was about Chillblaine. Normally there'd be more stuff by now.

• Love 1

They had one shot of Sue in the trailer; I'm worried about her storyline (which has always involved Ralph) since I'm sure they are going to edit so they show as little of Hartley Sawyer as possible.

13 hours ago, Starry said:

I liked the trailer because it gave me hope the Paragon of Love is going to save his love.

I mean, it's basic, right?! The marketing people know the power of WestAllen, the show writers/editors tend to fumble the ball, though.

Edited by Trini

7.01 /season premiere synopsis; keep in mind this episode was 90% completed before the covid shutdowns, and was supposed to be part of season 6:

"All's Wells That Ends Wells" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SEASON PREMIERE - When an experiment to save Barry's (Grant Gustin) speed backfires, Nash Wells (Tom Cavanagh) searches for a way to save The Flash and comes up with a dangerous plan.

Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) makes a startling realization inside the Mirrorverse and Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) faces off with Rosa Dillon (guest star Ashley Rickards).

Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Lauren Certo (#701). Original airdate 3/2/2021.

------

Looking forward to the Iris subplot, at least. I'd be more excited for Barry's plot if it wasn't also involving Nash. But from the promos, it seems the entire Team Flash is in the A-plot, anyway.

Edited by Trini

Some set pics: http://www.justjared.com/2021/02/17/grant-gustin-spotted-on-the-flash-set-after-baby-news/

Grant in the Flash costume, and a new villain with a mask. I think there were already some paparazzi photos of that villain character out, but these are a better look at the costume. So is it the main villain? Maybe; since he masked, I can see them revealing it to be someone that the Team has trusted - yet again. Whoever it's supposed to be, I don't recognize the costume.

Looks like they refined the Flash suit a little more.

7.02, “The Speed of Thought”, synopsis:

BARRY GAINS A NEW SKILL – When Barry (Grant Gustin) suddenly gains the power of speed thinking, he attempts to use his new gift to save Iris (Candice Patton). While Barry is thrilled with his new power, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is hesitant to trust it. Meanwhile, Eva (guest star Efrat Dor) must face a shattering truth.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza (#702). Original airdate 3/9/2021.

-----

It's Butler and Garza, so it should be good. However, Barry "suddenly" has speed thinking? Doesn't he already have speed thinking? (Shouldn't he have always had speed thinking?!)

And as I feared they're waiting until the last second to get Iris out of that mirror. Wow, they really were going to have her in that same outfit for the entire back half of Season 6. sigh.

Edited by Trini
gah! dropped word

Quote from Wallace teasing Diggle's appearance later in Season 7: https://tvline.com/2021/02/23/the-flash-diggle-returns-season-7-green-lantern-situation/

During TVLine’s in-depth Season 7 preview Q&A (publishing later this week), we asked showrunner Eric Wallace what The Flash‘s specific plans for Dig are. “Boy, that’s a spoiler!” he replied with a hearty laugh, before offering a tease for what’s to come.

“When we last saw Diggle, he had a situation at the end of Arrow that he needed to deal with,” Wallace reminded, “so he arrives to help Team Flash in the back half of the season carrying the weight of that ‘problem.’ And the question is: How can he help Team Flash when he’s got something even bigger on his mind? And that’s what the story is.”

I don't care at all about Green Lantern, at least not on CW, but it'll be good to see Diggle again.

It'll be nice to get some new info on Season 7 (hopefully), but I'm hoping Wallace's cryptic statements aren't too annoying.

On 2/2/2021 at 7:05 PM, Trini said:

I don't think a small tease would have been too much. But TPTB have specifically been avoiding mentioning new arcs/characters until the the ones from season 6 have been wrapped up. The only real new info we got recently was about Chillblaine. Normally there'd be more stuff by now.

Yeah, a small tease would have been nice. It does seem like we know so little about season 7 after they wrap up the season 6 arc. Hopefully we'll get some interviews now that the season 7 premiere is so close

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1

Matt's Inside Line at TVLine:

Have you heard about any returning villains for The Flash Season 7? –Tyler

In addition to the well-spoiled encore by Ashley Rickards’ The Top in Tuesday’s Season 7 opener, showrunner Eric Wallace told me, “I would not rule out another big villain from the first three seasons — one of my all-time favorites — to appear in Graphic Novel No. 3″ (aka the arc following the Mirrorverse).

Is there any chance that Grant Gustin will make an appearance in the final season of Supergirl? I’ve always loved Barry and Kara’s relationship, and it would be lovely to see them reunited again one last time. –Lauren

Well, I did ask Flash showrunner Eric Wallace if Kara might pay Central City a visit before her own series goes up, up and away, and he didn’t seem optimistic, at least from his end of things. “I wish, but… I don’t know,” he ventured with a heavy sigh. “I would say, ‘Ask the folks at Supergirl,’ not me, because that’s really out of my hands.” (As Batwoman boss Caroline Dries previously explained to TVLine, COVID concerns and enhanced safety protocols, coupled with Supergirl‘s later production start, make such crossovers difficult this season.)

Clip at IGN:

So Sam Scudder, the previous Mirror Master, makes an appearance? (And immediately dies?) And Ralph, Sue, Caitlin, and Cisco are not in the episode. Sounds good to me! (Well, I would like to see Cisco, but I'm not mad Carlos got a week off)

• Love 2

7.03 synopsis; this would have been last season's finale, so it's vague:

"Mother" -

SUE DEARBON RETURNS - As Eva (guest star Efrat Dor) becomes more powerful, Barry (Grant Gustin) and team must find a way to stop her. They are shocked when an old friend - Sue Dearbon (guest star Natalie Dreyfuss) risks her life to help.

David McWhirter directed the episode written by Eric Wallace & Kristen Kim (#703). Original airdate 3/16/2021.

----

I side-eye anything with Kim as writer, but maybe Wallace balances things out. LOL at Sue as an "old friend"; she's only been in 3 episodes and only in the back half of last season. I wonder if this got re-written at some point, and the old friend referred to someone else?

Season 7 teases from Eric Wallace here: https://tvline.com/2021/02/28/the-flash-season-7-preview-barry-eva-mcculloch-iris-chillblaine/

Only two things worth commenting about :

TVLINE | After Eva, we’re heading into Graphic Novel 3. In addition to No. 4, might there also be a 5 this season?
There will be Graphic Novels No. 3 and 4, two just like last year. After Eva, look for two new Big Bads in their own Graphic Novels.

TVLINE | Might there be any overlap between Chillblaine and the Graphic Novel No. 4 villain?
It’s funny, we have finished our first couple of Chillblaine episodes, and I’m happy to report that they’re so great and so much fun that we may be adding more Chillblaine than we even anticipated. He may leak over into the fourth Graphic Novel, which was not one of the plans. ....

So is Chillblaine the main villain for the first half? He sounds lame, and not someone to be a challenge for the Flash and Team Flash, honestly.

TVLINE | I saw your quotes over the hiatus about Joe West’s upcoming storyline inspired by recent “societal changes.” How tricky is it bringing a real-life topic like that into a show like The Flash?
It’s tricky. You have to walk a fine line between being honest with the audience about social justice issues while also remembering that this is family-oriented entertainment, so you can’t get too heavy. It has been tricky, but I think we found a good balance, and it helped us find what I think for Joe is his most interesting character journey yet. It’s going to take him to some very unexpected places, and Jesse [L. Martin] has risen to the challenge and is knocking it outta the park.

This is possible to do, but I don't trust this writer's room to not water down the issues, or flat out get it wrong. Jesse does great when he gets good material, but how often does that happen?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Trini said:

So is Chillblaine the main villain for the first half? He sounds lame, and not someone to be a challenge for the Flash and Team Flash, honestly.

I just keep picturing some 80s bully with a popper collar and stonewash jeans... Chill Blaine, the bad boy.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Quote from Eric Wallace at EW: https://ew.com/tv/what-to-watch-tuesday-the-flash-season-7-premiere/

Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris '(Candice Patton) bond will be stronger than ever in The Flash season 7. When we last left off with the speedy superhero drama, Iris was trapped in the Mirrorverse, Eva McCulloch (Efrat Dor), a.k.a. Mirror Mistress, was free in the real world, and Barry was on the verge of losing his speed. Once all of those dangling issues from the shortened sixth season are resolved, the show will pivot to focusing on exploring how the iconic married couple faces obstacles together. "One of the thematic goals is more stories with Barry and Iris not just together, but Barry and Iris on the same page," showrunner Eric Wallace tells EW. "You'll see that immediately as Graphic Novel #3 starts, and then in Graphic Novel #4 especially, it's all about how Barry and Iris together react to that particular season's big bad." —Chancellor Agard

While I do want Barry & Iris to be back together and in a good place, I also don't want them to gloss over the traumatic experiences they both just went through, and this makes it sound like they will gloss over it. Probably with a time jump. 😞

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Wallace quotes about Season 7: https://www.tvinsider.com/989665/cw-the-flash-season-7-preview-eric-wallace/

First, “Cecile’s going to go on a wild ride this year as her powers expand and she explores them,” he previews of Danielle Nicolet‘s empathic attorney. “The problem is, the more powerful you get, the more problems you have.”

Tonight, those problems emerge when Joe’s lady love interrogates Ashley Rickards’ villainous Rosa Dillon, aka Top, after she’s captured doing some dirty work for Eva.

The fallout will “dip its toes into ominous waters,” hints Wallace. “The challenge for Cecile will be, ‘How do I not become someone as evil as The Top?’”

UGH WHY

Cecile getting powers is one of the dumbest things the show has done, I hate that they keep bringing it up. And of course she isn't going to go evil.

“We don’t want to forget that Iris is also a journalist,” he offers, adding that Iris will definitely be impacted by her ordeal with Eva. “All the time they spent together in Mirrorverse means something to both of them and that has to come into play with the end of Eva’s story…It’s a great, spectacular twist that Candice Patton plays absolutely wonderfully.”

"All the time they spent together" -- that we barely saw?

Trying to pull some actual info from Wallace's latest interview at EW: https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-7-premiere-nash-wells-death-spoilers/

... So moving forward, now we can begin to dig deeper into who [Allegra and Chester ] are as characters, how they came to be, what's their makeup, their loves, their likes. I'm very happy to say we have a couple of very specific special episodes that really focus in deeper on how these characters fit in with Team Flash, but how they also individually reconcile with the biggest problems their pasts, because they've got some real problems they haven't dealt with that are going to crop up in season 7.  ...

Having artificial speed is only a short-term solution. At some point, they're going to have to deal with what it means to not have a real Speed Force around anymore — because Speed Force is dead. Creating an artificial one isn't always the best solution in the long run. It's a temporary measure.

... As far as Cisco goes, Cisco is going to face the biggest emotional challenge of his life. I can't really tell you what it is because it's pretty interesting, but let's just say the big bad of "Graphic Novel #3" will… Gosh, this is such a big spoiler… As a result of an encounter with the first new big bad of season 7, Cisco's life is fundamentally changed, and he's going to have to learn how to either reconcile with it or deal with the ripples it brings in the rest of the areas in his life in order to continue functioning as a member of Team Flash. If he doesn't, then there will be consequences — both for him personally and for the team emotionally.

... Which is why at the beginning of season 7, after we wrap up the Eva McCulloch [Efrat Dor] story, the big bad of the first half of season 7 is a direct result of the events of the "Graphic Novel #2." That big bad couldn't exist without what Team Flash does at the end of Eva McCulloch's story and what Eva McCulloch does. It's a direct relation, and it's the same thing going from 3 into 4. Everything is connected because we're really telling one big story over seasons 6 and 7, and that is the story of, "How do you have a love affair and a marriage and a relationship when both people have equally important jobs?" One of them is saving the world with superpowers. The other is saving the world with the truth as a reporter. That's really hard. That's really the story of seasons 6 and 7 when looked at as a whole. They're very serialized and organic, even though there are some metas of the week along the way, including one that is going to bring particularly a blast from the past in ["Graphic Novel #3"]. I'm particularly excited to bring back a big bad from the first three seasons of The Flash, and I hope the fans enjoy that person's return as much as I did, because it's just going to be awesome.

... at some point this season we might just meet the real Godspeed. But the way he fits into Barry's life, I think, is going to come in a more unexpected way. As far as the other big bads for the season, let's just say we'll continue to introduce a major big bad that has not been seen in previous seasons. I think we can accurately say that. As far as their connection and to why they come into conflict with the Flash, there just might be a secret connection in Barry's past that he is unaware of.

... There's a conscious effort this year, especially in the back half, to bring Barry and Iris not just together, not just stronger than ever, but to have the big bads of the two sides of the season actually be villains of them as a couple, not just of the Flash separately. It creates stories that have more of Candice and Grant together in really fun ways.