Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Trini said:

Haven't read all the interviews yet, but I'm bracing myself for promises and ideas Wallace can't deliver on.

This is exactly why I stopped reading/watching/listening to his interviews because it just makes everything worst for me, knowing that he knows what needs to be done/ happen to make the season good, but it doesn't show up on screen.  

• Love 1

Eric likes to be annoyingly vague, so I'm just going to post and address a few specific things from his various interviews that are about next season.

https://tvline.com/2021/07/20/the-flash-recap-season-7-finale-godspeed-war-season-8-spoilers/

... Barry and Iris are happier than ever, but also because they’re super happy, now they have to face the greatest challenge ever, because we have to resolve, “What’s up with her time sickness? What’s up with Dion? What’s up with those green eyes that we saw in Episode 16?” That’s a problem that’s still got to get solved, ...

For our new villains, one of them in particular will be the biggest and most powerful villain the Flash has yet faced — and that’s saying something! We’ll meet this unique baddie quite early in Season 8.

So, I guess Flash will need crossover help to defeat(?) this new villain.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/the-flash-season-finale-ep-eric-wallace-talks-season-8-romance-guest-stars-new-arrowverse-villain-the-cw-1234795252/

... I think there’s only one little thing that’s hanging a little bit, but that’s on purpose, and that’s Iris’s time sickness. [That plays] a big role in Season 8, so we wanted to not resolve that in the finale. There was actually a deleted scene from the finale that just didn’t quite work for a lot of reasons. It did address Iris’s time sickness, but we decided it would be better to save it for the beginning of Season 8. ...

One thing I’ll say that’s related to that question directly is, we’re going to see a few more relationships blossoming in Season 8 of The Flash than we’ve seen in the last two years. I won’t say with what characters, but let’s just say romance is going to be in the air in a very bizarre way, in the middle and back half of our season. It’s going to be really fun, and you might even see some old, familiar faces from our first few seasons of the show.

Ugh - why does the 'romance' have to be "bizarre"?? He mentions 'familiar faces' in regards to romance - but that could only refer to Caitlin, right? Since everyone else who was here from the beginning is either gone or paired up already. So, Ronnie? If they could make that work somehow....

Will Season 8 further examine Kristen Kramer, following her realization that she’s a meta?

WALLACE: You should tune in to for the first few episodes; you might get the answer right out of the gate.

The entire story with Kramer was a dud; there's no need to bring that into Season 8.

However, with this five-part event, we want to deliver the same feeling to the audience that you would get with a crossover kind of story. That’s really the goal here, to give them something that’s not just an ordinary season premiere—something special, [in terms of] the guest stars that will be joining us, but also in the story that we’re telling. It is a little bit bigger than usual for The Flash, which was very exciting. I think it’ll give people that sense of scope that you sometimes feel—both emotionally and in the action sequences—with a crossover, without actually having 20 characters in one scene.

https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-7-finale-thawne-special-episodes/

Are you approaching this as a five-part story, or is it five standalone episodes?

It's a five-part event. We're going to do what we always do, which is our graphic novel format. We'll be telling a self-contained story, no spoilers there. But we're just going to up the ante. The idea behind this is to give the audience a big gift of "Thank you for hanging with us through everything that we've been through together in the last couple of years, and what we've all been together as fellow Flash fans and part of the Flash family for seven years." So this special event is designed to feel like a crossover but not be a crossover. Obviously we don't have the time and resources and all of that stuff. But we want to give you guys the same feeling you would get in bigger emotions, a bigger Barry-and-Iris story that has great risks to it, and as many guest stars as time and resources will allow.

He also mentions that Nora and Bart could appear again; lies about an "exciting" journalism story for Iris.

https://www.etonline.com/the-flash-is-iris-pregnant-breaking-down-whats-next-for-west-allen-and-more-in-season-8-exclusive

...What are the chances of Iris becoming pregnant in season 8?

Well, it's so funny because in some ways it's anticlimactic because we've already seen their kids, so we already know that they have kids, right? We already know what's going to happen. So in season 8, we have a few other challenges for Barry and Iris that we need to kind of explore that are related to pregnancy and family and all that stuff, but don't directly deal with that because it's kind of, I feel like, anticlimactic. We know that the kids already exist, it's just a matter of when, you know what I mean? I'm not saying for instance that next year is the finale, like the series finale, but it feels like that's the kind of thing you would do in the series finale. Like, "Oh, she's pregnant! The end." You know what I mean? So I hope that's not the case next year. I want to keep this thing going. 

Pack it up, folks. We're never seeing Iris pregnant on the show. I don't agree that a pregnancy/baby has to be a series-ending event; but at least he's made his stance clear. But it doesn't make any sense when they had Barry & Iris make the decision to start a family, and not follow through on that.

... I try to plan each season like a movie and you need to know the ending of your movie before you start writing it, so I kind of have a master plan every year. We use our graphic novel format because I'm a big comic book guy and we break it into two or we break it into three or whatever and, you know, there's some interludes as there were in this last year in between them. But essentially, thematically all the graphic novels support and tell the same story, which leads to one unified thematic ending and so that's what we'll be doing again next year. I hope it's not the last. I really hope not. 

Really hope he doesn't do the "interludes" the same way as this past season. Three straight episodes of filler, most of which did not include the leads, was NOT good. Spread out that filler, or do filler with Barry & Iris.

https://tvline.com/2021/07/21/animal-kingdom-spoilers-emily-deschanel-angela-missing/

I was sure to ask showrunner Eric Wallace if Jordan Fisher and/or Jessica Parker Kenney — and/or Natalie Dreyfuss, who likewise dazzles as Sue Dearbon — might be upped to series regular for Season 8. “I think you should tune in and see,…” he replied. “I love all three of those characters. I wouldn’t be surprised to see all three of them multiple times next year.”

This seems a given, though.

58 minutes ago, Trini said:

Ugh - why does the 'romance' have to be "bizarre"?? He mentions 'familiar faces' in regards to romance - but that could only refer to Caitlin, right? Since everyone else who was here from the beginning is either gone or paired up already. So, Ronnie? If they could make that work somehow....

Or maybe it's Zoom? Eric said he wanted to bring him back.

39 minutes ago, Trini said:

Pack it up, folks. We're never seeing Iris pregnant on the show. I don't agree that a pregnancy/baby has to be a series-ending event; but at least he's made his stance clear. But it doesn't make any sense when they had Barry & Iris make the decision to start a family, and not follow through on that.

I was so happy about the vow renewal and then I read that part of his interview and felt a wave of disappointment. It makes sense that he's waiting until the final season for a pregnancy arc but it sounds like we'll never see Iris pregnant period.

When Grant spoiled that they were planning for a baby I was afraid that meant Candice would leave at the end of the season because I didn't think TPTB would be creative enough to write WestAllen as parents of babies without shipping their kids off screen all the time (see: Jenna). But I guess the pregnancy was a red herring to foreshadow Nora II and Bart's arrival and Iris' time sickness is making it difficult for them to conceive or it's something they need to solve first before they try again. I'd rather they space things out than make Iris pregnant soon after her adult children from the future showed up (that would have been too much for me) but I want to see all the cuteness that follows a pregnancy announcement. Eric needs to change his mind about that and have Iris give birth in the series finale (if not sooner).

1 hour ago, Trini said:

I assumed this was a nod to the rumors/fan theories of Rick Cosnett coming back to play Cobalt Blue.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Starry said:

Or maybe it's Zoom? Eric said he wanted to bring him back.

Wasn't he back in the 100th, though? And would DP really let them pair her character/s up with a villain yet again?  Julian, maybe? But I think Ronnie is the best option.

51 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I assumed this was a nod to the rumors/fan theories of Rick Cosnett coming back to play Cobalt Blue.

First off - people need to let that go. Eddie's been dead for 6 entire seasons. There's no reason to bring back him or his doppelganger at this point. #2 - I don't see how Cobalt Blue would be related to any romance - WestAllen are rock solid, and they're not pairing up Iris' ex from years ago with any current character. #3 - Wallace is clearly more interested in adapting the most recent continuities of The Flash comics, so Cobalt Blue doesn't fit with that.

---

Reading his quote again, it's possible "familiar faces" doesn't refer to the potential romances.

Edited by Trini
(edited)
15 hours ago, Starry said:

When Grant spoiled that they were planning for a baby I was afraid that meant Candice would leave at the end of the season because I didn't think TPTB would be creative enough to write WestAllen as parents of babies without shipping their kids off screen all the time (see: Jenna). But I guess the pregnancy was a red herring to foreshadow Nora II and Bart's arrival and Iris' time sickness is making it difficult for them to conceive or it's something they need to solve first before they try again. I'd rather they space things out than make Iris pregnant soon after her adult children from the future showed up (that would have been too much for me) but I want to see all the cuteness that follows a pregnancy announcement. Eric needs to change his mind about that and have Iris give birth in the series finale (if not sooner).

Nora is from 2049 and explicitly says she's 26.  So she's born in 2023 and barring any shenanigans was probably conceived in 2022 (i.e. the latter half of next season). 

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Nora is from 2049 and explicitly says she's 26.  So she's born in 2023 and barring any shenanigans was probably conceived in 2022 (i.e. the latter half of next season). 

Exactly. Barring any shenanigans. Eric wants the pregnancy to be a series finale thing but he also plans on continuing the show past season 8. There's no way he's married to that date if he wants both things to happen. That line should have been cut.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Which makes us going through the pregnancy storyline even more annoying. If you arent going to do anything with it then....dont spend the entire season going on about Iris/barry as parents. 

They use the human element to further their sci-fi stories. Trying for a baby is a very "normal people" thing to do. Meeting your adult children from the future is not. The purpose of the first graphic novel and the interlude was to prepare us for Nora II and Bart's arrival. I also think they weren't sure if they would get renewed when they planned that arc. If not, they could have ended the season with a pregnancy announcement after spending all those episodes planting the seeds.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Starry said:

Exactly. Barring any shenanigans. Eric wants the pregnancy to be a series finale thing but he also plans on continuing the show past season 8. There's no way he's married to that date if he wants both things to happen. That line should have been cut.

They use the human element to further their sci-fi stories. Trying for a baby is a very "normal people" thing to do. Meeting your adult children from the future is not. The purpose of the first graphic novel and the interlude was to prepare us for Nora II and Bart's arrival. I also think they weren't sure if they would get renewed when they planned that arc. If not, they could have ended the season with a pregnancy announcement after spending all those episodes planting the seeds.

Trying is normal, yes, but when you build an entire season around it, especially when we've been here already, it doesnt make for the best tv. I cant care about Barry being disappointed that they arent pregnant when we already know that they're going to at least have a daughter. Hitting us over the head with The Forces being their children as well...its cringe. They already spent a season dealing with adult Nora so they shouldnt need anything to prepare them to deal with Nora and Bart. 

• Love 2

Series regular doesn't necessarily mean being in every episode, so I wonder if keeping the time sickness around is their way of writing Iris completely (or mostly) out of episodes whenever Candice Patton is unavailable. 

• Love 1
On 7/23/2021 at 8:55 AM, cambridgeguy said:

Series regular doesn't necessarily mean being in every episode, so I wonder if keeping the time sickness around is their way of writing Iris completely (or mostly) out of episodes whenever Candice Patton is unavailable. 

That's only if Candice put in her new contract to not appear in every episode. 

Are you approaching this as a five-part story, or is it five standalone episodes?

It's a five-part event. We're going to do what we always do, which is our graphic novel format. We'll be telling a self-contained story, no spoilers there. But we're just going to up the ante. The idea behind this is to give the audience a big gift of "Thank you for hanging with us through everything that we've been through together in the last couple of years, and what we've all been together as fellow Flash fans and part of the Flash family for seven years." So this special event is designed to feel like a crossover but not be a crossover. Obviously we don't have the time and resources and all of that stuff. But we want to give you guys the same feeling you would get in bigger emotions, a bigger Barry-and-Iris story that has great risks to it, and as many guest stars as time and resources will allow.

So its one event, one story?

Is that what he is saying?

Camrus Johnson (Batwoman) posted photos of himself and others from the CW/DC shows.

https://twitter.com/CamrusJ/status/1427462461746155521

The photos are not spoilery themselves, but with Azie Tesfai (Supergirl) and David Ramsey (Diggle) in Vancouver, it's possible they are guest-starring in the 'crossover'.

----

Speaking of the 'crossover'; from one of his interviews, it sounded to me that it was put upon Wallace relatively late by the network. So WHO KNOWS how this is going to turn out with the way he was winging it this past season.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 1

Eric Dean Seaton is directing and Wallace writing the Season 8 premiere: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSru__gJV7U/

ericdeanseaton

Honored to be kicking off the 8th season @cwtheflash with the first of an epic 5 part adventure. Each episode gets bigger than the next so what an amazing start!!! It’s gonna be legendary! #directorslife #TheFlash #DreamingAwake @dccomics #dccomics @warnerbrostv

https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-flash-lineup-of-superheroes-villains-revealed-for-5-part-season-8-launch-event-1234821825/

Set to begin November 16 at 8 p.m. ET, “Armageddon” will feature numerous guest appearances from some of the CW’s most notable heroes and villains. Set to join The Flash team are Javicia Leslie as Batwoman, Brandon Routh as The Atom, Cress Williams as Black Lightning, Chyler Leigh as Sentinel, Kat McNamara as Mia Queen and Osric Chau as Ryan Choi. Tom Cavanagh and Neal McDonough will return as enemies Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk, respectively.

In “Armageddon,” a powerful alien threat arrives on Earth under mysterious circumstances and Barry (Grant Gustin), Iris (Candice Patton) and the rest of Team Flash are pushed to their limits in a desperate battle to save the world. But with time running out, and the fate of humanity at stake, Flash and his companions will also need to enlist the help of some old friends if the forces of good are to prevail.

There's also a quote from Eric Wallace, but I'm ignoring that since he loves to make promises he can't keep.

----

Some of the guests I'm glad to see again; others not so much.

• Javicia Leslie/Batwoman: This should be interesting since she doesn't know anyone on Team Flash. I'm interested in how she's introduced to the rest of the characters.
  • Brandon Routh/The Atom: Cool. I don't watch Legends, so I don't know what his status is in the greater 'universe', but I don't mind seeing him again. Kind of a shame that Cisco isn't here for the Science Bros to team up again.
  • Cress Williams/Black Lightning: YAASS! Should have had Flash/BL crossover already after Crisis. I just wish that a few other BL cast could visit too. I hope they consult with the BL writers like before.
  • Chyler Leigh/Sentinel: Alex is great; ... but is this the only Supergirl castmember that will appear? I'd love to see Grant and Melissa have scenes again; also Kara and Iris. J'onn or Brainy would be good too - since aliens are involved. (I wonder if events in the Supergirl finale makes it impossible(?) for certain characters to appear?)
  • Kat McNamara/Mia Queen: Wallace really needs to stop picking up Arrow's dropped plots and focus on his own legacy/spinoff characters.
  • Osric Chau/Ryan Choi: Oh, they finally remembered this guy! But will this appearance actually translate to something substantial? Or will it be just one other guest spot?
  • Damien Darhk: Why???
  • Cavanagh/Reverse Flash: STOP BRINGING HIM BACK WHEN YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE BARRY LET HIM GO AGAIN. EVERYONE LOOKS DUMB WHEN YOU DO THIS FOR THE 400TH TIME!

Is this really the entire guest list, though? [ETA: No Superman & Lois characters?] I think that they'd be able to have a few more cameos of other characters that may not be in the main plots. It probably depends on the scope of the story; but the synopsis says that "the world" and "humanity" are at risk. Plus, they may not want to announce certain surprise appearances.

I have low to no expectations about the story or even action scenes, but I hope that the character interactions are good. That's usually one of the best things in these crossovers.

Edited by Trini
aargh - grammar
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Trini said:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-flash-lineup-of-superheroes-villains-revealed-for-5-part-season-8-launch-event-1234821825/

There's also a quote from Eric Wallace, but I'm ignoring that since he loves to make promises he can't keep.

----

Some of the guests I'm glad to see again; others not so much.

• Javicia Leslie/Batwoman: This should be interesting since she doesn't know anyone on Team Flash. I'm interested in how she's introduced to the rest of the characters.
  • Brandon Routh/The Atom: Cool. I don't watch Legends, so I don't know what his status is in the greater 'universe', but I don't mind seeing him again. Kind of a shame that Cisco isn't here for the Science Bros to team up again.
  • Cress Williams/Black Lightning: YAASS! Should have had Flash/BL crossover already after Crisis. I just wish that a few other BL cast could visit too. I hope they consult with the BL writers like before.
  • Chyler Leigh/Sentinel: Alex is great; ... but is this the only Supergirl castmember that will appear? I'd love to see Grant and Melissa have scenes again; also Kara and Iris. J'onn or Brainy would be good too - since aliens are involved. (I wonder if events in the Supergirl finale makes it impossible(?) for certain characters to appear?)
  • Kat McNamara/Mia Queen: Wallace really needs to stop picking up Arrow's dropped plots and focus on his own legacy/spinoff characters.
  • Osric Chau/Ryan Choi: Oh, they finally remembered this guy! But will this appearance actually translate to something substantial? Or will it be just one other guest spot?
  • Damien Darhk: Why???
  • Cavanagh/Reverse Flash: STOP BRINGING HIM BACK WHEN YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE BARRY LET HIM GO AGAIN. EVERYONE LOOKS DUMB WHEN YOU DO THIS FOR THE 400TH TIME!

Is this really the entire guest list, though? [ETA: No Superman & Lois characters?]

I have low to no expectations about the story or even action scenes, but I hope that the character interactions are good. That's usually one of the best things in these crossovers.

Excited to see BR/The Atom and CW/Black Lightning. Will be interested to see how Mia Queen gets there - isn't she back in the future? 

Agree that having TC/Reverse Flash there is just annoying at this point. That character could have been an interesting ongoing villain but they wore out the excitement of the returns by keeping TC on as other characters in every season.

Wondering if OC/Ryan Choi will be coming on board as a recurring character beyond this crossover? I know many of us speculated way back when about his joining one of the shows after COIE. That never panned out, but will he be on Team Flash now?

Really interested in the character interactions here, which were always the best parts of the crossovers (and IMO is the make-or-break on if a crossover is "good" or not). A lot of them know each other or have fought together before, but some haven't - interested to see how everyone is brought into the mix! This does actually have me a little excited for S8!

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, shantown said:

Wondering if OC/Ryan Choi will be coming on board as a recurring character beyond this crossover? I know many of us speculated way back when about his joining one of the shows after COIE. That never panned out, but will he be on Team Flash now?

I'd like that, but I doubt it will happen. No one ever mentioned him again after the crossover. Plus, we just added Chester as 'the science dude'; not sure how Choi would fit in.

1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

We don't know if Jessica and Jordan are going to be in these first episodes right? I always wanted to see Mia and Nora team up (and now we can include Bart I guess) as sort of a next generation Arrow/Flash crossover.

I've kind of been assuming that's half the reason they're using Mia (beyond tying up a couple of loose ends, general GAness and KM being willing and eager to come back) that they want a next generation team up as they did with FTA. I think they'd also like to use the kids in this big crossover guest star palooza. Of course it might also depend on if she's in just the one ep or more. 

• Love 2

"Crossover" villain casting: 'Tony Curran Joins CW Series As Despero'

BAFTA Award-winner Tony Curran (Your Honor, Ray Donovan) has joined the cast of the CW’s The Flash in the role of Despero. He is currently filming the upcoming eighth season of the series.

The character is described as a powerful and intelligent alien possessing incredible telepathic powers who left his homeworld—Kalanor—under mysterious circumstances. Now he’s facing a deadly mission on Earth, one whose outcome will decide the fate of humankind and put him on a collision course with Team Flash.

When the spinoff didn't get picked up I wished for Mia (and William and Bronze Kitten) to get crossover contracts but I'll admit I didn't actually expect it to happen so this should be fun. It will be great to see Ray again too and I wonder who Ryan's (Batwoman) new BFF will be since they'll undoubtably want to recreate the fun that was Kate/Kara.

• Love 3
On 8/26/2021 at 1:51 PM, BaggythePanther said:

We don't know if Jessica and Jordan are going to be in these first episodes right? I always wanted to see Mia and Nora team up (and now we can include Bart I guess) as sort of a next generation Arrow/Flash crossover.

Eh - I don't need to see any of the drama Queens again, but this sounds exactly like something Wallace would do, so I wouldn't be surprised if a next-gen teamup happens.

Pretty sure they won't have much of a budget for specialty makeup, so I wonder how 'alien' Despero will end up looking.

Edited by Trini

A non-answer from Wallace:

https://tvline.com/2021/08/31/the-rookie-season-4-spoilers-sergeant-tim-bradford/

Anything on The Flash villains for after the “Armageddon” aliens? –Stephen 

Well as previously reported, showrunner Eric Wallace told me that one of the upcoming nemeses “will be the biggest and most powerful villain the Flash has yet faced,” and would appear “quite early in Season 8” — so, maybe he was referring to the five-part “Armageddon” event? But I will now also share that Wallace teased “another new villain that will force Team Flash to face their mortality in a highly personal and ultimately terrifying way.”

I generally try to avoid set photos, but there are photos out now of outdoor filming for the not-a-crossover crossover, and it looks like Despero will be (partly?) motion capture CGI based on Tony Curran's performance.

If the "crossover" story is using future characters, or partially takes place in the future, one way they could include Superman & Lois characters is if they use the future Superman - Clark's son. In the current comics it's Jonathan Kent, but they could make it Jordan instead. It would be a way to have the characters without having to use the actors from the show.

However, I feel this is a longshot, since I think Helbing still wants S&L to be mostly separate from the other DC shows; also they probably don't want to commit to a set future.

Candice has been posting a few photos/videos of her in costume; this one with her in a nightgown suggests there might be a loft/bedroom/WestAllen scene in episode 8.03 or 8.04. Encouraging, since I wasn't expecting any focus on domestic plots with this not-a-crossover crossover.

From TVLine: https://tvline.com/lists/fall-season-premieres-2021-tv-spoilers-preview/the-flash-season-8/

Much has been revealed about the five-episode “Armageddon” event that opens Season 8 — Barry & Co. will team with Black Lightning, Arrow’s Mia Smoak, Batwoman and others against both aliens (led by Tony Curran’s Despero) and an Eobard Thawne/Damien Darhk alliance — and showrunner Eric Wallace isn’t inclined to spoil much more, other than to say “there is a level of scale and spectacle, right out of the gate, that we weren’t able to achieve last year”(due to COVID restrictions). But in previewing Season 8 as a whole, Wallace confirmed the return of speedster kids Bart and Nora as well as Kristen Kramer (who has “a lot to deal with” upon realizing her meta-mimicking skills), and teased a villain who “will force Team Flash to face their mortality in a highly personal and ultimately terrifying way.”

BONUS SPOILER!: Wallace said that Joe West “is going to get an incredibly different perspective on life, and it will lead him to a really big choice” — one that dwarfs last season’s decision to turn in his badge.

RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Nov. 16 at 8/7c (The CW)

Talking about "scale and spectacle" when we don't even have the top alien superheroes included?

Ignoring Wallace's comments on Joe, seeing how Joe's arc last season turned out. I want a subplot for Joe that's him with his family and about his family - Iris, Cecile, Jenna, Barry.

If Bart returns I assume it will be for one or two episodes at most; Jordan Fisher is booked and busy.

From Matt's Inside Line:

Any scoop on what Iris West will be doing in Season 8 of The Flash? –Isabella

One thing she won’t be doing, at least during the five-part premiere event, is struggling with her eye-glowing time sickness. “Iris’ time sickness gets dealt with after ‘Armageddon,'” showrunner Eric Wallace told me. “Solving Iris’ time sickness is a huge, huge part of the entire season, and it will take all season to solve that. And that will have big ramifications for Barry and Iris’ relationship and marriage.”

------

I really need them to get quotes from anyone but Wallace. But anyway; at least we know when that storyline will continue. Bad news is, it's going to stretch out for the whole back end, and this writers room sucks with season arcs.

Last season's arc was also supposed to be a big deal to Barry & Iris' marriage, and it really wasn't; so I'm not putting much stock into "big ramifications". On paper this could be a significant WestAllen storyline, but you can't count on that based on what they've done the past couple seasons.

It's a Wallace quote, so who knows what it will end up meaning, but a tiny bit more info on the "crossover" from TV Guide's Fall preview:

The Flash (Nov. 16, 8/7c, The CW)

Ahead of January’s Season 8 launch, the super drama zips in for the five-part “Armageddon.” The Flash (Grant Gustin) confronts a major alien threat with an Arrowverse assist from Batwoman (Javicia Leslie), Mia Queen (Katherine McNamara), The Atom (Brandon Routh), Sentinel (Chyler Leigh), and Black Lightning (Cress Williams). But even with such a heroic ensemble, exec producer Eric Wallace vows that Gustin’s Barry Allen and wife Iris (Candice Patton) “take front and center — in the wildest way imaginable.”

Another 'Armageddon' guest star on set; I think they should be on episode 5 by now?

---

So far it seems as if there's only one or two guest heroes per episode -- which seems inefficient, if the threat is to the entire planet. But I get that it's really because of budget and Covid. ::sigh::

Shipp's says he's coming back to film in this interview: http://www.ksitetv.com/stargirl/interview-john-wesley-shipp-on-bringing-jay-garrick-to-dcs-stargirl/219619/

“I go to film more Flash in a couple of weeks,” Shipp reveals, praising the mentor-protege relationship that The Flash set up with Bart and Jay in Season 7 finale episodes. “I hope we get more of that going forward. If Bart feels closer to Jay than he does his own dad, and if Bart and Jay are more alike than Bart and Barry – what a feast to explore dramatically! I hope Jordan [Fisher, who plays Bart] is available, and I hope that they write it.”

Edited by Trini

Tease from Javicia Leslie about Iris and Ryan Wilder (Batwoman) in the crossover:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/batwoman-cast-friendships-behind-the-scenes

This year, Javicia and Candice will get to share the screen for the first time when Javicia guest stars on The Flash. Teasing her time working with Candice, Javicia said, "As close as Ryan and Iris are on the show, it's probably as close as Candice and I are in real life. It was really fun to be able to bring some of our sisterhood to the actual scenes for our crossover episode. The way we introduced Ryan and Iris is almost like they've been friends all their lives."

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Bart + time travel / Earth-2 shenanigans? Interesting costume:

------

Also, Rick Cosnett is coming back:

TVLine can now double-secret officially confirm that Cosnett will be back… for a singular flashback episode that will air after the season-opening “Armageddon” event.

I know a lot of people want Cobalt Blue, but the time has passed for that. If this is the season they finally try and tie up the Reverse Flash story, then I think (hope) this flashback episode is about the origins of Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash. Cosnett could be playing Eddie, or maybe a Thawne ancestor, or descendant? Crisis could have changed things.

JW Shipp's instagram post today suggests Nora is also back; so it looks like another Flash Family episode:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVInVvUlk_h/

johnwesleyshippjr

Grateful after a day spent working with the most talented - generous with their creativity and with their humanity #jessicaparkerkennedy #jordanfisher #davidmcwhirter #theflash #theflashcrew️ I’ve never looked through a lens and seen a set look more like a painting. More will be revealed😬🙏🏼

I just wonder how Eddie(??) is involved.

I hope they do some traveling to the future instead of the kids coming to the past; less timeline nonsense that way.

Edited by Trini